*ec boycott*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *ec boycott*

Alright, so it's clear that these developers are being stingy and only want more change in their pockets. They are neglecting us players and our needs, yet we keep paying them to neglect us. We need to show ED that we are not ok with their insistence on untradeable EC items and accessories. I for one will not be giving them any more of my money until something is done about this. We need to UNITE as a community and BOYCOTT the purchase of EC. This is the only way we will get what we want, as the developers are evidently extremely greedy. Obviously, not everyone will go along with this, but if we can get even 1/4 of the server to stop buying ec, we will be making a big statement.

Originally posted by HithereI'mJohn View Post
    Alright, so it's clear that these developers are being stingy and only want more change in their pockets. They are neglecting us players and our needs, yet we keep paying them to neglect us. We need to show ED that we are not ok with their insistence on untradeable EC items and accessories. I for one will not be giving them any more of my money until something is done about this. We need to UNITE as a community and BOYCOTT the purchase of EC. This is the only way we will get what we want, as the developers are evidently extremely greedy. Obviously, not everyone will go along with this, but if we can get even 1/4 of the server to stop buying ec, we will be making a big statement.
    Get out

Comment

Goodluck creating a thread to boycott a game provider on the forum they own and monitor.

Comment

This has been suggested (and tried) already in Dragon Nest (and other games). The sad truth is:

1. Whales are always gonna whale
        2. ED knows 1. Is true

Comment

• Threshield
          Threshield commented
          Editing a comment
          If we aren't going to get Sellable EC, they need to give some type of dupe relief. At this point most people's EC inventory is packed with near worhless shit.

To be honest, I'll still buy ET.

Comment

Funny thing is, boycotting EC would expedite those stupid unique stat cash items :^).
          Dragoon
          TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Once the ec gear ceiling reaches insane levels this game will probably die in Na. The culture is different, so the games population will decrease due to being newbie unfriendly and whales will eventually drop. P2w model doesn't work in online games in Na which is why many games stick to an alt avatar/pay-to-look-cool model. (like buying different animations or effects when casting skills)

Yeah Korean and Asian communities would like p2w but the psychological paradigm is different. Anyway, DN is running on an outdated engine and clearly not optimized graphics, so gameplay can only bring a game so far. I'd say give it another 2 years, if no major revamp happens.

Comment

• ceruulean
              ceruulean commented
              Editing a comment
              idk man kdn's cash sets are actually around half as much as a boost as they are elsewhere... rajuuul is only rare grade in their server while our set is epic for example

Since it seems their home server isn't profitable they're trying every other way to make money
              Last edited by ceruulean; 02-23-2017, 11:50 AM.
          Working...
          X