How did you come up with your IGN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you come up with your IGN?

There are So many unique, funny, and cool names In DN, Please share them and how/why did you come up with that name.
    If your name is lewd,Vulgar or offensive in anyway please dont share... just dont.....

Ill start
    My IGN Is Patrache for my Machina.
    Right around when Machina was released for NA I discovered this Old Children's Anime film Called The Dog of Flanders (1997). I remembered Seeing trailers for the movie on my old VIZ anime tapes and decided to check it out. The movie gave me feels. The Dogs Name in the Movie was Patrasche (I Miss Spelled it when I wrote my IGN) and when Machina was released and I was curious of trying her out I thought Patrache was a great Name for her, An Animals Name and Patrache sounded a lot like Patrona.

The name Tet/Sama was created by my friend who really enjoyed No Game No Life.
    KamiNoShana was my first IGN and people simply referred to me as Shana because the rest of my name really had no purpose. -- I was lucky enough to get the IGN Shana on transfer although I rarely log into that character. She's from Shakugan no Shana though.

#weebpower

Comment

DeadlyMerc came from my 11 year old self that thought it was an intimidating PvP name since I started off being a PvP player. EngineerProd had no real meaning other than me thinking the word "prodigy" was a cool word at the time (young me again). I didn't know what to associate the word with so I just took the class name and then had to shorten prodigy since "EngineerProdigy" wouldn't fit. I've always been boring/unoriginal with my names hence why almost all of my characters have "Deadly", "Merc", or the class name in the character name. Also hi Shana.
      No longer playing.
      Discord - DeadlyMerc #2604

Comment

To piss off all the raven mains.

but ravens are my favorite bird too.
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Well, my (currently semi-active, since I haven't found time to go back to him) IGN, BowieSage, is kinda two-part (and was made back in 24 cap), but both parts are related to two of my all-time favorite RPGs.

The first part, Bowie, is mostly based on the silent protagonist from Shining Force 2, named "BOWIE" by default (all character names were in all-caps by default). I used to play Shining Force 2 a lot on an old emulator on a computer our cousin gave us (before I bought it through the Wii's Virtual Console years later so as to have a more "legal" version of it), and Bowie was always the character I would put the most effort into (partially because he was required in every battle, and partially because I liked using him, especially after he learned Bolt), meaning he was always one of, if not my best character (before I learned about the trick with Aura and Boost to power-level Karna to level 40-unpromoted insanely fast, making her more powerful after being promoted to a Master Monk than Bowie by the end of the game). And considering there was a hairstyle for the Warrior that was slightly similar to Bowie's hairstyle in his image after being promoted (though not as long, and the headband is much different), the moment I changed my character's hair to blonde in character creation, the name immediately came to mind and it stuck.

As for "Sage", that's mostly based on the character Genis Sage from Tales of Symphonia (the Gamecube version, just to get that out of the way), who happens to be one of my all-time favorite spellcasters. While I always preferred to play as Lloyd (due to preferring to play as sword-based characters back then and having a liking for twin-sword styles, especially with Lloyd's strong combo game), Genis was always the one I could count on when something ABSOLUTELY HAD TO BE NUKED. WITH FIERY EXPLOSIONS AND METEORS (helped that my brother played as him whenever we did co-op, since he always made sure to have the right spell for the job). To say the least, if I were to take all of the spellcasters I knew of in RPG history and pitted them against each other, Genis would very likely beat most of them without much trouble. And he's only 12 during the events of the game.

Now how does the second part fit in? Well, I was ORIGINALLY going to stick with just Bowie, but I think either the name was too short at the time or someone else already had it. And, to my knowledge, the use of numbers and special characters hasn't been allowed for name creation since DN was first released for NA*. So I had to figure out another way to get the name to fit, but not look like I put in random letters at the end in an attempt to find something that matched (I ALWAYS try to make a username that seems like an actual name whenever possible, so don't expect something like "LEETPLAYER1337" from me). Genis came to mind at that time, and thus I got the idea to add "Sage" to the end. Thus, I created the then-Swordsman BowieSage (and later my then-Sharpshooter JaneSage).

*Edit: In fact, the only time I remember ever having a character with numbers in their name was back when I received a level 45 Barbarian from Nexon's Jump event (since all jump characters were given names with "JUMP" and numbers so that they wouldn't clash with any current characters), but I shortly used the free name change to give him a much different name. And the original name was a name generated by the Nexon GMs at the time anyway, so it technically doesn't count.
          Last edited by BowieSage; 02-26-2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

friend came up with calling me "queencray" back in the day.
            nc cuz i always qq obviously

dont think i need to explain the rest xd
            AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

MMM

Since I went for an archer, and it had to be a girl, I just used Christell cuz I've always like that name, in general. No real reasoning behind it lol.

Comment

My main is a CM whose name is DontBeSalty. Pretty sure I made this back in 50 cap which was when I was really into League of Legends. Salt was, and always will be abundant in League so it occurred to me to make it into a satirical name on DN.
                Discord: Cleats#0717
                IGN: DontBeSalty

Comment

i made a thread like this back in nexon forums haha

mines simple, i just imagined dark shadow dragon, think of the shadow monsters from nexus sanctuary, and yea the word nexus was cool, so just popped that together
                  Discord: Sir_Nexus#5463
                  LK: NexusDragon
                  LK: Chapters
                  LK: NexusReborn
                  AH: Master
                  BM: Colourful
                  Saint: NexusRaiju
                  Saint: NexusAtlas
                  Saint: Depths
                  BD: NexusUri
                  Barb: NexusBehemth
                  IW: NexusYuki
                  DA: NexusFyre
                  GM: NexusRobot
                  Sniper: NexusGaia

Reaper: NexusPhoenix
                  RM: Marshmallow
                  Tink: Squishu
                  Valk: NexusAura
                  Patrona: NexusAyva
                  Hunter: NexusAngel
                  OE: TheGoddess
                  BP: HeavyHeart

Comment

kris cause that my name and grades cause alliteration
                    grades the gladiator
                    waist the windwalker
                    etc. i'm dumb
                    ~1v1 PvP extraordinaire~
                    Kris - 93 Moonlord

Grades - 93 Gladiator
                    ~head honcho of the triumphantgoose~
                    twitch
                    contact@discord:notkris#3274

Comment

• darp
                      darp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      oldest the oldsader

i played skyrim before i joined and made some roleplay characters so i just popped my skyrim character names, picked/formed to fit the race/fantasy culture

did some research into real life sources so the imperial names were based off of romans and the nords are... norse or something lol
                    the fantasy races i tried to follow their fantasy naming scheme phonetics so thats why they're very unique xP

the oddball highelf warrior = glad
                    the rebellious nord archer = sniper
                    the imperial sword and board = guard
                    the dark elf fire mage = pyro
                    the nord lightning mage = valk
                    etc.

actually my guards intended name was taken by a lvl 1 cleric. i quit right as the first name purge followed lancer's release, and nobody took it until i returned a few months later
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

I started with the ign Heavencent back when I was really big into Starcraft (the first one - I was a big Protoss player). That carried on to my first MMO named 2moons/Dekaron - it actually fit better there, because I played the healer class and that's when I fell in love with healers.

When I tried applying it to dragon nest when I started (right after 40 cap was released) it was taken, so I just simply added an i to it and it kinda stuck.

Comment

Hawkleaf happened because I used to play Mabinogi and I randomly came up with it since I read the Warrior series, Hawkane is a combination of Hawk and Akane from Psycho Pass, Miralinne was just random, Haruee I borrowed from a game and added an extra e, Hawkiee is a nickname I get called in game but I added an extra e at the end.
                        Discord: Hawkleaf#5695
                        Maelinne - Spirit Dancer

Comment

Sniper: In early 2012 I was playing a lot of Pokemon Rumble on the Wii and I was deeply captivated with how adorable the Vulpix and Ninetales models looked like. So when my friend introduced me to the game and came to the decision of making an IGN, the first thing that came to my mind was Ninetales! But since dupe names weren't allowed I tried for the next alternative: Ninetails. Still a no go. Refusing to have an "i" for an "l", I had high hopes that no one took Ninetailes. And on that night was made a very Jolly Ninetailes. (What a terrible nature for a Ninetailes)

Physician: Continuing my fascination with Pokemon named characters, on Tinkerer's release I thought something relating to the Eeveelutions would be fitting. I named a pair of Tinkerers Showerrs and Boosterr which are the Japanese names for Vaporeon and Flareon respectively. Their names are a little backwards since Vaporeon uses the move Bubble Beam, relating to an Alchemist's Bubble Blaster, but I think that adds a little charm to it. Showerrs is the one in my profile picture.

Dragoon: When Lencea first came out I was thinking frantically, "What Pokemon are remotely spear related?!" So I went to Bulbapedia in search for any Pokemon that could relate to a spear user. And then, there! I saw it! Escavalier! Once again with names being taken I had to play with its spelling. With that Escavalaire was made. But, wait, that's not that name of your Dragoon! With Lencea, at the time, being the first class introduced to only have 2 instead of 4 skill trees, I planned to make one for each class. With half the job being done it was time to brainstorm a name for the other class. "What are the specializations, again? Sting Breezer and Flurry? This second one has to be a Flurry. Flurry using magic damage and having flashy skills." At that time I had the KR to NA localization backwards thinking Flurry was the Valkyrie class and Sting Breezers as Dragoons. With that mindset I was less focused on finding a spear related Pokemon and instead searched for a Pokemon that was flashy and elegant as the moves a Flurry would use (still thinking with the classes swapped). Continuing my search through Bulbapedia, my eyes got caught on Dragonair. I remember the one Pokemon short Pikachu's Rescue Adventure where a Dragonair can be seen gracefully flying by a rainbow. With that scene in my head it was firmly decided that this character would be named Dragonaire!
                          Last edited by Ninetailes; 02-27-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

My name when I first played this game was AtelierMeru. My friend who got me into the game wanted to make matching names for when Tinkerers would be released, so he chose AtelierAnnie. The joke was that the Atelier girls are alchemists, Tinkerers could become Alchemists, so... yeah. It was supposed to be AtelierMeruru, but there's not enough space for that.

After some point, I kinda "quit" the game due to some horrible events that occurred here. (Un?)Fortunately, I came back. Thing is though, I was called out within 7 minutes of logging back in even after a good 5 month period. So, I name changed. I did something with "Aisu" in it cause it is a way of saying "Ice", and Adept... ice, haha?

Anyways, I just decided to do a play on words, Aisuru. It still keeps the joke of "Aisu", but Aisuru is usually said in songs to mean "to have an affection for" or "to be cared for" but nobody cares about me so lol inner humor.

I have a Physician named Dokuru, which is another play on words cause it's close to the word poison and matches the "uru" theme.

Then I named my Defensio Kituru cause uru and she my kitty c:

Comment

Working...
                            X