How to Install the new ED Client *With Pictures*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Install the new ED Client *With Pictures*

Step 1: Send the Existing DN Client to the recycle bin to avoid mixing files , mod corruption (if you use them), etc.
    *BUT DO NOT ERASE COMPLETELY if Revival is Required*

Step 2 Locate The Client and move it to the Desktop to avoid drag-n-dropping to random folders.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Final Result.

Below are Technical Info tidbits and extra info regarding windows os.

Last edited by LunarForce; 09-27-2016, 01:15 PM.
    IGN: LunarForce

The Launcher Patches and the DNExe runs the game.

NOTE: You may see a bar like this appearing

After clicking More Info and Running Anyways it will determine the Set-up is an EyeDentity Games File.
    Last edited by LunarForce; 09-27-2016, 01:10 PM.
    IGN: LunarForce

Comment

Ah yes, the need to useless threads begins.

Comment

You can update the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican View Post
          You can update the game?
          You can't yet, until the maintenance time is over.
          http://us.dragonnest.com/Welcome
          Last edited by Kindue; 09-27-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I got this error while extracting...
            Attached Files

Comment

• LunarForce
              LunarForce commented
              Editing a comment
              you need to extract it to a folder located on the desktop.

• goflvhxj963
              goflvhxj963 commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah I did that and this is how it turned out.

Originally posted by goflvhxj963 View Post
            I got this error while extracting...
            My guess is that your zip file download didn't finish downloading correctly. Did you have any connection problems while downloading it?

Comment

Where does "the client" even come from? C:Nexon/Library? Or program files?

Comment

Originally posted by Kindue View Post

My guess is that your zip file download didn't finish downloading correctly. Did you have any connection problems while downloading it?
                nah, I made sure it was complete and there was no interruption in internet connection.

Comment

I cant run the set up it freezes whenever I finish the shield installer.
                  Last edited by Shinji626; 09-27-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

From the DN launcher: "data client error, please reinstall the client" - i did a few times and got the same response. Hope this is because of the downtime atm.
                    From Dn exe file: runs ok after i i copied it on to desktop from the DN main folder. Can make it up to the title screen where it shows Abella and a dragon.

Comment

nah, I made sure it was complete and there was no interruption in internet connection.
                      I'm not sure then, you are using another program that is not winrar so I don't know, sorry.

Originally posted by Asal View Post
                      From the DN launcher: "data client error, please reinstall the client" - i did a few times and got the same response. Hope this is because of the downtime atm.
                      From Dn exe file: runs ok after i i copied it on to desktop from the DN main folder. Can make it up to the title screen where it shows Abella and a dragon.
                      Yes you need to wait till the maintenance is over, then I'm guessing we will have to download the latest version which is 552 but since ED is still working on the server data you can't download it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindue View Post

I'm not sure then, you are using another program that is not winrar so I don't know, sorry.

Yes you need to wait till the maintenance is over, then I'm guessing we will have to download the latest version which is 552 but since ED is still working on the server data you can't download it yet.
                        so I just installed winrar and everything worked out fine and it didn't even freeze up like it happened with alzip when extracting! There was no error either. Maybe it's because I've never updated alzip? Anyways, I'm gonna start installing the game.
                        Last edited by goflvhxj963; 09-27-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmike View Post
                          Ah yes, the need to useless threads begins.
                          lol,dat salt,hes just trying to help ppl,who obviously need it if you look at the rest of the thread
                          Nekavrad - Lvl 90 Inquisitor(soon 93) - Member of BOOOMPANES

Comment

so I just installed winrar and everything worked out fine and it didn't even freeze up like it happened with alzip when extracting! There was no error either. Maybe it's because I've never updated alzip? Anyways, I'm gonna start installing the game.
                            HEY I'm so glad it worked for you also remember:

You need to wait till the maintenance is over, then I'm guessing we will have to download the latest version which is 552 but since ED is still working on the server data you can't download it yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X