Is DN dead or nah - Returning player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DN dead or nah - Returning player

I played like 2011-2014 then stopped cuz school and everything. now my gf dumped me and im failing senior year so i need to play something 24/7 to soothe my brain from further pain so i dont cut myself ayylmao

So to a returning player, is the community dead or still thriving? If it's decently populated, is it more lively than it was in previous years? This shouldn't offend any die hard fans, I just don't really know how the community is doing after moving away from Nexon and the years that have passed, etc.

Any input is appreciated, thx overlords

Well.. must say it is not like the old days yet it is still worth staying as rumor goes NA will get bigger absorbing other servers.

Comment

It's no where near active as it was, mostly Nexon's fault and lately ED's blatantly doing stupid shit and letting CherryCredits from a completely different DN SEA do ticketing for NA (which 99% get auto-closed since literally a hamster is doing tickets, this is actually a real problem), instead of ED actually responding to tickets or when Nexon would respond to tickets for example when Nexon was the publisher for NA before they lost their rights, but there will always be improvements, we have to remember that, some of the major issues are minor fixes.

It's also extremely overrated how "bad" the game is doing, you know who's complaining about that? The shitty players who have been rich since 50 cap and still want to be richest and are upset a lot of players are becoming much, much richer, a lot of them also happen to be gold buyers, ahahahaha rip.

So, my opinion is, if you like the game and want to come back, go for it, the community is cancerous though, so if you already have friends that play the game, or you can find some really cool people to play with, it's worth it, and as Luna said, rumors are we're going to be absorbed by other servers and become bigger / more active / a bigger community number.

^_^

Comment

The server absorption thing sounds interesting. Population is ok raid grps I join always fill up for example. Evenings and weekends are of course the best time to fine ppl and grps.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I'll give DN another go.

I guess the account I invested so much time and money in with Nexon is now gone lol. Were we supposed to get an email when the transfer was taking place?

Either way, see you guys in game soon

Comment

• Korp
            Korp commented
            Editing a comment
            When Nexon announced they would no longer be the publisher they allowed a period of time where players had to log into their account to confirm the account they wanted transfered to the new servers. Anyone who didn't log in during that transition period lost his/her account.

If you are actually going through a lot of problems at the moment IRL i highly suggest you dont play Dragon nest, This really isnt the game to be playing when you are going through a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Arushieru View Post
            It's no where near active as it was, mostly Nexon's fault and lately ED's blatantly doing stupid shit and letting CherryCredits from a completely different DN SEA do ticketing for NA (which 99% get auto-closed since literally a hamster is doing tickets, this is actually a real problem), instead of ED actually responding to tickets or when Nexon would respond to tickets for example when Nexon was the publisher for NA before they lost their rights, but there will always be improvements, we have to remember that, some of the major issues are minor fixes.

It's also extremely overrated how "bad" the game is doing, you know who's complaining about that? The shitty players who have been rich since 50 cap and still want to be richest and are upset a lot of players are becoming much, much richer, a lot of them also happen to be gold buyers, ahahahaha rip.

So, my opinion is, if you like the game and want to come back, go for it, the community is cancerous though, so if you already have friends that play the game, or you can find some really cool people to play with, it's worth it, and as Luna said, rumors are we're going to be absorbed by other servers and become bigger / more active / a bigger community number.

^_^
            my take on the 'the community is cancerous though' is..

i've seen worst, but i havn't seen better freedom of movement and interactive gameplay that what Dragon nest gives you.

now if nest differculties could be properly balanced around the strength of the gears and we had more variety of effects and build for gearing like the older days plus variation in drops of importance. that too would be great

Dean50
            [GM] DENTITY
            [GM] SMILE

and this gives you an update prospective of how the community thinks and responds to newer players getting 'interested' towards your product.
            because when there's almost zero big time advert and barely any information regarding the quality of a antique game such as Dragon Nest (which only stays alive bc of one reason only. the gameplay is unique)

forums. are the only place to go if they aren't already experiencing the game itself already
            Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

Originally posted by TheSomnangMao View Post

my take on the 'the community is cancerous though' is..

i've seen worst, but i havn't seen better freedom of movement and interactive gameplay that what Dragon nest gives you.
              I may have not explained myself properly, but I know what you're trying to say and I agree.

What I originally meant though is that I wholeheartly believe some of the forumers are legit retarded and demented and past any point of turning back even if they were to take the max dosage of Abilify.

I mean if you look at some of the posts in the PvP threads, or some of the complaining over stupidest shit even in general discussion by some of these psychotic idiots it's unbelievable how retarded these kids are. It's really gotten so bad, I'm not sure if it's because there isn't enough moderator policing or what, but some are new players by the way who defend their guildies for the dumbest shit, or that vouch and argue about knowledge that they lack or do not understand BUT WILL STILL ARGUE THAT THEY KNOW BETTER LOL, this includes some older players as well. This is borderline delusions.

This thread is a good example, from what I can see it's people discussing about some player who talks shit in pvp and then gets defeated, and the other idiots assume and start drama and argue about completely unrelated topics or them not understanding what the topic is even about and spewing stupid unrelated shit, I mean, this literally shows signs of dementia.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/pv...e-gets-crocked
              Last edited by Arushieru; 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
                TheSomnangMao commented
                Editing a comment
                ahh that thread. haha.

they PvPers. a different breed of gamers.

the 1v1 fighting/action aspect to compete against another and talk bs is something of a sub-culture.
                i personally don't think too deeply into it.

but yes. face value. they look insane. not crazy, stupid, silly, lacking knowledge.

insane. from the loks of it anyways.
                those guys i think do it for literal 'shits and giggles'

or it could be all serious lol. eh :P

-yeah your second line takes the words right outta my mouth, but unfortunately i've already said those words in-game and via discord in PM's with friends over a month ago. Delusional is a word that is very high up them on adjectives used to describe some of the posts made on the forums at times.

i mean sure. we can say w.e. it's online get over it right?
                meaning maybe? .. that you literally don't give a shit about the future and wanna show no concerns over it bc it aint worth the effort plus you prefer the maximum amount of Edge a individual may achieve.
                o k

in the real world. we call those little bitches primary school kids and posers. not only that but the image fits the bill too bc it is this sorts that sprout the same load of bs that's contained in certain areas of these forums.

eh enough about that though.
                i wasn't expecting the latest content to have any sort of hype or patch reveal so it's feel kinda good that it'll be the traditional shit tier advertisement that secondary school kids come up with.

o/

• Arushieru
                Arushieru commented
                Editing a comment
                TheSomnangMao Well said

Originally posted by Arushieru View Post

I mean if you look at some of the posts in the PvP threads, or some of the complaining over stupidest shit even in general discussion by some of these psychotic idiots it's unbelievable how retarded these kids are. It's really gotten so bad, I'm not sure if it's because there isn't enough moderator policing or what, but some are new players by the way who defend their guildies for the dumbest shit, or that vouch and argue about knowledge that they lack or do not understand BUT WILL STILL ARGUE THAT THEY KNOW BETTER LOL, this includes some older players as well. This is borderline This thread is a good example, from what I can see it's people discussing about some player who talks shit in pvp and then gets defeated, and the other idiots assume and start drama and argue about completely unrelated topics or them not understanding what the topic is even about and spewing stupid unrelated shit, I mean, this literally shows signs of dementia.
              that thread was actually made because fraternity got kicked from otium after he posted the merc's irl pic on the forum (the mod deleted it). and no one there is in the same guild.
              Last edited by Lemon; 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post

that thread was actually made because fraternity got kicked from otium after he posted the merc's irl pic on the forum
                Well deserved, incase you haven't noticed that tarp gvue had it long coming with all the sewer shit he spews out of his mouth.

Comment

dont think anyone cares about gvue they just dont like fraternity

Comment

I dunno man, frat's my hero for this, that retard was just so annoying I haven't seen him say much lately now

People should also have more common sense than to post pictures on the internet, once on the internet, forever on teh intehwebz

Comment

Working...
                    X