No announcement yet.

A Concerned Veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeus is right! I started an IDN team in January with a lot of serious DN players. However, this month and last month, over half of my team, and many of my friends in the game, have suddenly quit, most of them permanently. Vets in my guild are quitting too. Believe it or not, not all of us Americans are rolling in the dough. Everytime I start a pug nest party in the game, even for something as relatively easy as pkn hc or tkn hc, I have to make sure to write "geared" in the title, because so many new players join who cannot even survive the first boss in the nest. And I am just a saint, it's not easy for me to carry people! We have all invested our time and money in this game, and we don't want to see it die. I would consider myself a vet too, I've been playing since 40 cap. I can tell you for sure that the community is dying. So please listen to Zeus and make those changes!

Comment

8) Events - They're garbage. A majority of your previous events are based on the amount of "likes" once receives in a post. Do you really think this is a good idea? Players can make alternative accounts or have their friends vote and win the prize without deserving it. The submissions should be voted by the GMs, NOT the players. This should be common sense.
      This^ 10/10

Comment

rip DN
        cap 16-90
        beloved game that fell into wrong hands.
        Rest in peace.

Comment

i was playing at dn sea and came to na since the ip block was removed, and there is something that i was concerned, last month i didn't get any of the daily attendance rewards i tought they will give any kind of compensation and guess what.
          didn't get nothing, i was thinking it's because i am a f2p player, but a lot of other players got the same bug and didn't get any kind of compensation, i left the issue at the forums they said they were checking but at the end the new patch came and nothing happened.
          they need to pay more attentin to those details if don't want more players leave the game.

Comment

I'm also a casual player who doesn't raid because raiding requires lot of time/ practice and players. I see no problems with the ec items because like i stated before I haven't raided since like 50 cap and the game has become more gear dependent. If you're not above average geared, you won't be able to do any of the newer content. I actually feel the strong ec made the gap closer for those that don't really have the time to gear and are just casual players. My main problem with this game is the content, more lack of content. And I also have an issue with lack of interest in pvp aspect of this game. I feel pvp is the best part of the game and should have more attention brought to it. We need faster bug and glitch fixes and skill balances. With the new introduction of awakening skills made pvp pretty unbalanced.

Comment

Been playing this game since a long time ago as well, my friends quit in like mid to late 50 caps while i decided to quit in the early 60 caps and haven't touch this game ever since. What really gain my interest is only because "awakening" thing (if not because of this patch i will surely never play it again), and quite amazed how things changed lately.

New feature such as talisman, jade, and many other things that really caught my attention ever since i came back (i don't really know when this kind of feature is implemented) which means that i need way more time, money and grinding to fullfill this new strengthening feature other than heraldries and equipment, as a not-quite-clueless-player this thing kinda demanding much more time for me to simply make my character to get average stats and gear for current caps (not to mention that high-grade talisman and +10 equip from head-to-toe doesn't seems do much for me).

As for the service runs....i can't really understand what really happens to DN players right now, back then everyone had to skilled enough with average gear to clear a raid runs which means there's only small to medium portions of DN players that aren't capable to do a raid run. Every single player really skilled enough to do a raid run back then, and now? I can't literally trust these guys anymore since all they do now is just paid a service > gearing themselves up > offering services run to another person (and i believe this cycle will continue), understanding mechanics and stuff? "Better watch youtube/read guide/wait untill i geared enough"​​​​​.

It's kinda sad that undergeared people will get a less chance to do a real raid run without getting kicked because current standart gear to do a nest or raid is kinda crazy (i know that being in the same party with a crazily geared party will do much better than the counterparts, tbh i never kick out a people out of my party as long as they strong enough to handle things around regardless their gear) people already lose a will to do a long run nest now? A normal-HC nest that is cleared in a 10-15 min is considered to be a bad party now, i'm really amazed at this.

Back to gearing aspect, i wouldn't sat that my current equipment and gear is considered to be overpowered but not that underpowered as well (it might be betweeen powered to a little bit over, yeah only a little bit) but still hardly to deal a good amount of damage in a normal nest and i believe this has something to do with a epic-uniques costumes that mostly middle up player wear nowadays. Quite surprised how crazy the stats given for only one piece of costumes given to us, how to gain it? Fusion it of course (or gambling), buy via gold with a unreasonable price each. Way to go free-to-play MMO's, moreover when a new sets of costumes and level caps that came out quite fast than i remember rendering current equipment useless and pointless to enhance it for daily usage.

Man, there's still so much stuff that i didn't know since i came back...but i kinda agree with zeus...all of that point hit me right in the spot...
              Everything...
              Eventually Will End

Comment

• Lemon
                Lemon commented
                Editing a comment
                current cap hc raids were doable without l grades until 80-90 cap, barely any chance on getting a team as dps though
                Last edited by Lemon; 07-12-2017, 12:09 AM.

• Calvin
                Calvin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah right, lately we can see that every single class is a DPS class now...I rarely see any support or tanker class in DN unless they only do a raid run...which is killing the other DPS class because they compete to each other to become a good DPS and acceptance in raid instead of making a perfect composition of a party...

• ceruulean
                ceruulean commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeh I guess technically you're supposed to be able to clear the current raid with unique gear dropped in normal. But in general someone on the team probably has lgrades so until you clear without anyone wearing lgrade from the previous raid then it's not really possible to say "you don't need lgrades"

There are a number of avenues to help gear up right now, but some methods are more RNG-based than others. I wouldn't use my information for end-game gearing, but rather in the perspective of someone that hasn't played in a long time or is simply a new player.

If you want a bit of a boost, make a new character and level it up to cap rather than an existing one. The level up box has changed quite drastically over updates and you now receive ~16k dungeon points (which can be put towards Goddess Sadness via the priestess near the Merka / Rhadames portal that you can use to gamble for items), free permanent wings / tail / decal, and other goodies (albeit mostly temporary) to help out along the way. Furthermore, characters that start from scratch will get 4 pages of inventory and 3 pages or so of storage opened up by level 30, which is a lot more than older characters that didn't resort to buying storage / inventory or getting it through ancient events.

Furthermore, characters that are mentored receive 250 mentor points at level 30, 500 at level 60, 750 at level 90 and 1000 at level 93, and that amount is per mentor. I might have the numbers wrong as I'm going by memory, but I believe you should end up with about 7-8k mentor points by the time you cap. Problem is that most people only want to pay to mentor people on the verge of 93 for quick mentor points so they can drop the person immediately once they hit 93 and get another pupil. Mentor points can be used at Stashy and put towards Goddess Tears, Hero Boxes and other items as well. Hero Boxes are better than Goddess Sadness in my opinion (if I recall, equipment is guaranteed Obsession), but Goddess Sadness can give you level 93 gems.

Doing dailies is a better option for getting level 93 gems. I believe the last 2 dungeons (which are split into 2 sections, the 2nd of which is random) have the best gem drop rates. Any gems you don't need can be extracted to further improve the ones you are using.

Sending mercenaries out on missions is a gamble, but can reward accessories and equipment. Naturally, the higher the level the better. Rare missions typically award level 80 crests and conversion gems with the rare chance of a level 90 version, as well as generally low grade items. Epic missions award level 90 crests and conversion gems with a rare chance of a level 93 version and a wider variety of other items. I haven't had a chance to send mercenaries out on unique missions that often thanks to the RNG, but I believe the rewards are similar to epic missions with perhaps a higher chance of getting level 93 versions. If I recall correctly, all 3 types can give you level 93 accessories and equipment as well (normal and Desirous), but the chances are low.

With the addition of 5th floor, it's now easier than ever to get Nightmare weapons. The Starlight / Nightmare dungeon is quite tough for players that aren't very geared however, so this may not be an option until later. Getting into 4-man parties would be the best way to go initially. If you clear all of the runs, you should get about 20k Nightmare stars per week, i.e. a level 93 Nightmare weapon and offhand is attainable within 7 weeks.

I find nests to be pretty unrewarding right now. If you want skill plates, you can buy 2 Desirous shoes for 4800 Nightmare stars and extract them for 1000 Nest points, which is enough for a single skill plate. The number of Nest points you get doesn't scale with the Nightmare points required to buy the item, so there's no point wasting the points on a Desirous weapon or something. Also, Desirous weapons and Theano gear is pretty easy to get through the level up guide. Once you run the first 3 dailies, you get +5 Desirous weapons if I recall. Enhance that to +6 and you should get both the Theano armour set (unenhanced) and the +4 Desirous offhand. If you need gem fragments, have each character take turns enhancing a gem. The first gem enhance nets you 10 gem fragments. I believe you get Nest points and garnet for buying a single Goddess Sadness.

I don't know how easy it is to get monster cards nowadays, but you can get a free Hobuster card and buy more through Goblynn (1 per week) and run Citadel of Erosion (probably better with someone when you're starting out) for up to 60 gold and some of the epic grade upgrade items. Unfortunately you need rare grade upgrade items for Hobuster at an overpriced 300 dungeon points each (i.e. 600 points to upgrade 1 level). Each run should typically take no more than 5 minutes, but if you play certain classes your damage will be higher. I noticed in particular that Mercenaries (i.e. Barbarian and Destroyer) are particularly good at Citadel of Erosion thanks to their Rage system, which increases your Strength throughout the run. By 50 stacks, you'll be seeing at least 40k crits with a level 10 Hobuster (possibly more, I can't remember the exact numbers). Simply biting enemies will deal around 1200-1300 damage per hit though if I remember correctly (other classes will have a constant bite damage around 300 with a level 10 Hobuster card).

There is also farming Apples of Life for 31 gold via selling it straight to the NPC (and more with Golden Goose). I heard farming will be changing in the future however, so this method only has so much time left to use.

Personally, I don't worry much about talismans. They're constant gain, so even if you stick to Quality magic talismans, you aren't missing out on much in my opinion. Next to the main hand weapon and offhand weapon, the chest, legs and head are most important to enhance (gloves and shoes can be done to a minimal extent). Plates are more important due to the percentage increase. It's not as big of a deal now (I don't recall seeing magic or rare plates anymore aside from the free one from Bailey), but when there were magic and rare plates, just having an epic plate was sometimes better than having a higher level rare one. I find the increase in damage from armour isn't that big of a deal, so focus on the weapons. The armour is more of a precaution if you find yourself taking a lot of damage and need more health, but overall the best way to get through content is (unfortunately) just being able to kill things quickly (there are bosses and sub-bosses with health-based mechanics that can be skipped if you deal sufficient damage).

Anyway, that ended up being a lot longer than I intended. Feel free to rip my advise to shreds, but it's not directed at people aiming for legendaries. I'm sure it sounds like a long time to others, but I can get through all of the Nightmare runs in a 2-man party with my friend within 90 minutes and that's good enough to me. I don't play DN to be the best; having some challenge from not being armed to the teeth keeps the game more fun for me.

Comment

• Calvin
                Calvin commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, thanks for the information...

Since i came back in here i did make a new chara in a brand new ID's, the reward given is really good now i see but that's one of my last worry now. The other stuff like daily, nightmare, sadness already understandable by me (but thx for clearing that up).

I consider my gear as a mid-end game now (but not with that L grades or overpowered), but still hardly do any decent damage on a HC nest. Now I'm completely out of idea of what went wrong here, gearing system seems pretty confusing lately...and yes those armour seems to be important part now as it's increasing out attacks by that much...which means i need more gold and materials to strengthen my chara and still not doing any good lately...DN is confusing nowadays...

Thanks...
            Working...
            X