What direction has some mmos taken...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What direction has some mmos taken...

Dragon Nest was such a great Mmorpg until T1 Dn left with his guild and other great players and their guilds leaving as well. Knowing how business works it seems to me that the Eyedentity can say whatever they want, even if that means to deceive their audience because it's business. I won't ever see Eyedentity taking this mmo into the right direction. Money or the community? Which would you choose if it depended on your next paycheck? R.I.P CrAzYzEuS 2017.

It's like its own genre lol, you have the games where you pay your $60 upfront then its free, then you have the subscription games where you pay your $15 per month and that is usually it. Then there are these games where you can spend $0 or thousands of $ lol.

Comment

Yep the more "elite" or serious guilds leaving kinda changed the game for me. Those top guilds never got replaced. I would think tradeable nx, and more difficult content with good rewards outside of raids, and making group roles like (healer,tank,IW) more serious, would bring them back. But I think it is too late, those serious guilds left when the game was under nexon, not sure if theres anything ED can do to ramp up end game competitiveness.

Comment

Companies nowadays just want to make money fast and then bail. Look at all the kickstarter MMORPGs and games. You had to pay to get into open betas of games like BnS, Rev and ToS which I think really limits the feedback the community can give. Anyways, DN is a lot older and stuff. Instead of thinking about longevity and growing playerbase, companies just think about how to make the most amount of $$$ in that current month. Its like they don't really have an end of year goal. DN laid out their 2017 schedule for us but is that really enough? I haven't played many MMORPGs but the two I played that are doing well (PoE and FFXIV) destroy the others I've played in terms of growing playerbase and stuff.

Comment

I read somewhere that whales spend so they can help others, actually this seems to corroborate with my experience because they only reason to get op in this game is to help people who aren't; obviously pvpers don't pay as much because few people pay to destroy others

but since these p2w costumes come out I can barely afford to help myself so I give up

good thing I don't need to spend on this game to have fun but it blows to feel like the weakest link because you don't have the latest cash set; but eh I value my money more than stats in this game; I only spent the $800 previously as an experiment and martyr myself and we had the rajuul promo, idk if my actions had an impact or if the promo was planned beforehand. it was overall pretty interesting but I can't afford that again
          Last edited by ceruulean; 04-21-2017, 10:49 AM.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Working...
          X