webiste still showing under maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webiste still showing under maintenance

i thought the servers, game and so on were supposed to be up by 1 am eastern standard time on the 22nd. it is now 10 s\am mountain time and dragonnest.com is still showing under maintenance with only links to these forums and to download the game client. any news on things that anyone knows about?

http://itsalmo.st/#dragonnested 11 hours too early

EDIT:

1 AM EST on the 29th is when the servers come up, and its also gonna be up on 10 PM for you since you're PST judging by what you said
    Last edited by Pasta; 09-28-2016, 10:22 AM.
    Pasta, Lvl. 93 Ruina
    Insolis, Lvl. 90 Raven
    Dakeil, Lvl. 90 Guardian

have a Pasta in comic sans text

Comment

• Tana-bun
      Tana-bun commented
      Editing a comment
      So for my time, in 10 hours, it will be 11 pm when the servers come up? Just curious since I live in TX :<

• Pasta
      Pasta commented
      Editing a comment
      I think so. if it's 12 right now, it will be up in 10 hours and 46 minutes

• Tana-bun
      Tana-bun commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, do you know what the time the servers are out will be for CST? I'm really curious since I'm not sure if TX is part of EST or has it's own thing, like CST. Timezones are confusing. q-q

10 pm pst/1 am est tonight.

Comment

um let me think no. the website said the game would go live on the 28th not the 29th and i'm sorry but it does not take 48 hours to get a game up and running this games servers should of been transfered and up and running by now so i put this on nexon and eyedentity games for being misleading

Comment

• Kaneki_Ken
        Kaneki_Ken commented
        Editing a comment
        People like you make people in the IT field cringe.

The page that shows when you visit http://us.dragonnest.com/ says that maintenance SHOULD be concluded on Wednesday, September 28th, 22:00 PST. It's your fault for not reading it properly.

You also clearly don't know fuck all about the complexities regarding online related services. A database transfer alone for me with about 100GB~ of data took me 10 hours to transfer from one dedicated server to another.

So get the hell off your high horse you ignorant misinformed swine.
        Last edited by Kaneki_Ken; 09-28-2016, 01:26 PM.

Technically it would still be the 28th because it will be before midnight for them. For those of us on the East coast, it will be after midnight.
      DoctorRogue #9233
      DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
      Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

Originally posted by Mordaki987 View Post
        um let me think no. the website said the game would go live on the 28th not the 29th and i'm sorry but it does not take 48 hours to get a game up and running this games servers should of been transfered and up and running by now so i put this on nexon and eyedentity games for being misleading
        How childish. They're transferring everyone's data and you want it to be up as early as possible? It's like you want people to lose their accounts. Not only that, you put the blame on Nexon and Eyedentity.
        You should keep your eyes peeled instead of blaming it on someone else, lol.

But YES. It does take 48 goddamn hours, and it hasn't even been that long, so LESS to transfer everyone's accounts. Sure, they can rush... and probably lose accounts on the way.
        Pasta, Lvl. 93 Ruina
        Insolis, Lvl. 90 Raven
        Dakeil, Lvl. 90 Guardian

Comment

You obviously know nothing about transferring accounts, if you think it's a short process. A lot goes into it, especially considering the volume of how many people transferred.
          I login every once and a while.

Comment

childish huh? a gaming company says that a release date is the 28th of sept. that does not mean in the evening or the next day it means the morning of the 28th not before, not after. it has been the morning of the 28th since midnight hit. that means this game should be up running and people able to play by this time. that is the way of things when it comes to game launches. now i understand nexon and some companies may be a little different due to location or home base being in a different company but their time does not mean it is our time so there you go on that. synchronize with the world not with the just time where your home base is located

Comment

childish huh? a gaming company says that a release date is the 28th of sept. that does not mean in the evening or the next day it means the morning of the 28th not before, not after. it has been the morning of the 28th since midnight hit. that means this game should be up running and people able to play by this time. that is the way of things when it comes to game launches. now i understand nexon and some companies may be a little different due to location or home base being in a different company but their time does not mean it is our time so there you go on that. synchronize with the world not with the just time where your home base is located
              You do realize there are different time zones across the United States right? This means that 10 PM PST will be 1 AM EST. I think everyone needs to relax. This game doesn't actually owe us anything. We should be grateful that EyeDentity has decided to keep this game going instead of shutting it down because of all the fails.
              DoctorRogue #9233

Comment

I don't know where you get the idea that it should have been open this morning. The email that was sent out, literally just says the date "September 28th, 2016" and no time was mentioned. This is a very delicate thing they are doing right now, and I don't know about you but I'd rather them take LONGER than they need to, if that means that our accounts will be safely transferred and the servers will be more stable. Stop acting like you're more entitled than you actually are. Better safe than sorry.

♥Closed legs don't get fed♥
                ♥ MAL //oppa #6126♥

Comment

Originally posted by Oppa View Post
                  I don't know where you get the idea that it should have been open this morning. The email that was sent out, literally just says the date "September 28th, 2016" and no time was mentioned. This is a very delicate thing they are doing right now, and I don't know about you but I'd rather them take LONGER than they need to, if that means that our accounts will be safely transferred and the servers will be more stable. Stop acting like you're more entitled than you actually are. Better safe than sorry.
                  ^ Agree 100%
                  DoctorRogue #9233

Comment

You are not missing anything, go outside, go play halo, COD, or w/e, draw! Do somethin besides complaining on a 4 year old game.
                    That Apple Berry Kid
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/AppleberryKitty

Comment

You didn't read anything at all. To BEGIN WITH, the servers maintenance was ending on the 28th of september at 10 PM PST. Let me bold that for you. 1 AM on the 29th of September EST.
                      No one said 10 AM. No one. No one said it was gonna release at 1 AM on the 28th. Rather than complain about things that you obviously don't know about and digging yourself a further grave in this community, you should just admit that you're wrong. Because you are.
                      Pasta, Lvl. 93 Ruina
                      Insolis, Lvl. 90 Raven
                      Dakeil, Lvl. 90 Guardian

Comment

Are you kidding me? 48 hours is too long? Dude they are: Getting the game ready... Testing the servers... transferring EVERYTHING in that time frame, (besides the things they said they will not transfer) Getting the files ready... Checking the server... checking the client.. Wouldn't you prefer it if THEY found the problems and we don't have to deal with massive server crashes due to early release?

Comment

I think we are all having dn withdrawals. But dont blame the developers, as i want all my data transferred over and safely.. I understand your frustration, but aye we are all on the same boat, its not like anyone is getting special treatment to get on.
                          Discord ID: Bubzie#2895

*Noticed* -Yaya

Comment

Working...
                          X