@GM Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @GM Please help

So, on May 24th 2017, a girl named Rose had her account temporarily banned for a 2 week period under a 1st offense of DN-TRD-01. I will include a of screenshot of the ban message, now to the point of this, this girl is by far the sweetest person I've met inside this game, and I've been playing NA Dragon Nest since the open beta. The problem I personally am having here, is that she was banned for a full 2 week period as well as (according to the policy page for DN-TRD-01) a mandatory inventory wipe for all characters, Not sure if that is meaning full inventory or just the gold amount. Either way in this situation that is a complete overkill punishment for admittedly, attempting to sell 20$ worth of EC for the gold it would otherwise take her up to 2-3 weeks to obtain, She accepts the fact that she made the mistake of doing it and she accepts the 2 week period of ban as punishment for her own actions, but a full inventory wipe? She only publicized that she was selling it one time, she had no intention of spamming it, she did it once to see if anyone would respond ( they did actually, but nothing was done in the time frame), less than 5 minutes after posting it in the world chat she was disconnected and upon attempting to re-log, received the ban message shown in the screenshot. Long behold the next day, they release a spending event for the game, she loved the weapons available, and her ban goes past the dates for the event period, so she sent a 1:1 to Cherry Credits begging to just be able to participate in the event and continue her ban immediately after, she has still had no reply after around 4 days. She is willing to 100% accept her actions and the ban, she loves this game, she too has been playing it for years. She made one mistake of posting about selling EC ONCE, and she instantly gets a 2 week ban and a inventory wipe on all characters, that's way over harsh, on top of the fact she cant even participate in an event to get weapons she genuinely loves. I'm writing to you as a human being, we make mistakes, some of us don't own up to them, but some (like her) will accept it head on. She's lying asleep behind me as I write this, she doesn't know I'm reaching out to you, Dragon Nest is a very special part of our lives, we met on the game 2 years ago, and since then we've met in person, moved in together, and are living happily, all because we met each other on Dragon Nest. She's been crying on and off for days over this, she's going to quit the game if the ban goes through the event and she misses the items she loves over a decision she made in the moment. I beg of you, have a heart, let her participate in the event, re-evaluate the punishment, she never meant any harm, she was just desperate for the gold in fear that an item she has wanted for years would be sold before she could work up the gold to get it. I love this game and all that is in it, it has been a wonderful part of my life for the past 6 years, and I will always love you for allowing me to play it honestly for these years, but if you can't forgive one bad choice, I'm afraid I can't stay loyal any longer, Please give her a chance at redemption, she's a loyal player who has been nothing but kind to any she meets, the type of player you remember in a positive way, Thank you for taking the time to read this, it is the only time I've ever reach out to you for anything. Have a good day. - Nicholas
    IGN: Slinky Lv.93 Barbarian

Gm Ignacio Eye dentity controls these third parties that sell gold in order to make more profit and revenue. this info is above your pay grade so you wouldn't know this. just thought i would inform you. because it seems your being to harsh on a innocent person. i dont even know these people but i just thought they would have my support on something this stupid.
    Legendary Sexy Raven

Comment

• Jose
      Jose commented
      Editing a comment
      to basically sum what im trying to say is, this people deserve a warning for there first time offense so they are reminded never to do again.

• Rebirth
      Rebirth commented
      Editing a comment
      100% agree with you, thank you for actually being a decent human being, for the first offense being a 2 week ban and a full inventory on all characters, that's harsh, considering it was such a fast ban I can only assume there was a GM online at the time who went through with the ban upon seeing the message in world, if that is the case, my question is why didn't they just do a private pm warning her about her actions and the punishments that could be caused for doing, I'm guaranteed she would never do it again, thank you for your support, after the response from the (GM) I felt like I'm no match for his authority to even respond to him, considering it was a very unprofessional response, I assumed he had a quick temper, so I avoided any further contact. Have a good day sir, or mam

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Gm Ignacio Eye dentity controls these third parties that sell gold in order to make more profit and revenue. this info is above your pay grade so you wouldn't know this. just thought i would inform you. because it seems your being to harsh on a innocent person. i dont even know these people but i just thought they would have my support on something this stupid.
    Or keep them banned. Simple.

Comment

Why there is a fake gm commenting?

Discord: JustAway#4953

LMFAO wHO cAREAS HAHA Xd

Comment

• aaron
        aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        LMFAO wHO cAREAS HAHA Xd

actually, i dunno

Just for the record someone's impersonating Ignacio. That's not really them.

Last edited by Kinross; 05-29-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

lmao a fake GM hahaha
        Legendary Sexy Raven

Comment

So this OP is threatening to leave the game he/she loves so much because his/her friend got caught cheating...

This is the sad mentality too big a percentage of our server is currently in... Too many people have no shame, no integrity, no honor... They just want to do whatever it is they want to do with zero accountability...

Probably would've worked too had your friend not post on the forums that he/she got scammed trying to cheat... That one still boggles my mind unless this friend expected to get away with it...

He/she got caught cheating, he/she is getting punished for something he/she knew NOT to do. The fact that you and your friend and all the other cheaters here think she should not be punished means nothing and only shows how big a percentage of players here "cheat"...

Sorry OP but your friend is getting what he/she deserves, don't cheat and stuff like this won't happen to you. You want to be arrogant and cheat then best to not post what you do

Comment

Originally posted by ILLbeURdeath View Post
            So this OP is threatening to leave the game he/she loves so much because his/her friend got caught cheating...

This is the sad mentality too big a percentage of our server is currently in... Too many people have no shame, no integrity, no honor... They just want to do whatever it is they want to do with zero accountability...

Probably would've worked too had your friend not post on the forums that he/she got scammed trying to cheat... That one still boggles my mind unless this friend expected to get away with it...

He/she got caught cheating, he/she is getting punished for something he/she knew NOT to do. The fact that you and your friend and all the other cheaters here think she should not be punished means nothing and only shows how big a percentage of players here "cheat"...

Sorry OP but your friend is getting what he/she deserves, don't cheat and stuff like this won't happen to you. You want to be arrogant and cheat then best to not post what you do
            ok sure bro if she deserves that then so does the rest of the server
            here goes ur flawed logic again.

just like they'd have to find every other ec sellers and gold buyers
            from the story whatsoever they dont even have proof she is selling any ec..
            tell me why was a shitty person like me was unbanned when i was trolling about being a bot but this person has to get banned when she never sold ec in the first place?

this is dumb as fuck, but again people just get banned for no reason all over the place in NA - way to go GMs.
            clap clap
            Last edited by Queen; 05-29-2017, 05:36 PM.
            AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

If it was truly on "attempting to sell 20$ worth of EC for the gold", then yes, I feel the ban can be contested, all things considered, even NA's community discord allows sales of EyeCredit/EyeTotal for gold. Things like this should still be judged by a case-by-case basis.

If you're not telling a completely transparent story, well you know the deal.
              Dragoon
              TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

you sound stupid tbh, this server is all based on Gold buying/Ec Selling. if you buy EC you broke the rules to. everyone done this even you.
                Legendary Sexy Raven

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
                  ILLbeURdeath commented
                  Editing a comment
                  f2p since 70 cap but I'm no free loader, I believe we all should pitch in for the game we all play, my VIP subscription is my contribution.

You know, I'm not the only one who hasn't and/or doesn't buy gold...

• Rebirth
                  Rebirth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't understand what you mean here, she was contributing to the game by buying the EC items for another player through gifting in exchange for gold, that just gives someone who is less fortunate with real life money the ability to get cash items they want, while also allowing the seller the ability to get in-game items such as PvE items or synthesis items that are no longer obtainable except through trade, which is what this would essentially be, a trade. I don't see any wrong in this at all, money is still going to the company and players who are less fortunate with money can get what they want and enjoy the game even more. We've together contributed over 1k to the game since we've been playing, for the monthly costumes and events, she was also purchased the VIP package as well, I can't change the rules but I don't see how this hurts the community or the company considering the other servers of dn have the ability to trade cash items or in game items for EC, I don't see the difference in this situation, since we can't do that on NA yet, this is the alternative.

• ILLbeURdeath
                  ILLbeURdeath commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just because you and/or your friends have bought gold through whatever means and most of you have gotten away with it doesn't make it less illegal, just means you've been lucky.

Also, just because gold buying may help others doesn't make it right either...

You can come up with whatever reasons you're going to use to justify your actions, cheating is cheating no matter how many people get extra benefits. Just because your one act of cheating helps others does NOT validate ANY act of cheating.

It's in the rules for a reason, it's a rule most games employ. Do you want to know why? Simple, when any game allows a direct or indirect way to turn real life money into in game currency, that game now has diminished meaning/value to it, the product suffers, in this case a video game. It also turns the game purely into a p2w model. (Aside from the temporary Golden Eggs, the only current mech in game that "could" be called legal gold buying is purchasing jellies, however this game is very dependent on jellies and aside from level up rewards, jellies can only be had in the cash shop and they do provide a much needed service to the community it otherwise wouldn't have. Buying a $20 gift card you plan on "gifting" to your friends for GOLD ($20 real life money>gold) only provides a service to yourself and your friend, no one else. You also discourage these players from ever spending their own money on the game which could lead to increasing revenues ect which could have beneficial after effects in the long road... People who truly enjoy this game, even if they're poor or simply only realistically have $20 extra per month WILL SPEND IT ON THIS GAME EVENTUALLY themselves. If you had bought $20 worth of jellies who your friend bought with gold which you then got, no one not even ED would have a problem with it... think about it)

If you guys think this game is pure p2w then you haven't seen anything yet. The dynamics of any game change when it's p2w. If and when this game turns into a pure p2w game, you'll have a better understanding of what I'm referring to. The game wouldn't be the game it is now if that were the case...
                  Last edited by ILLbeURdeath; 05-31-2017, 01:08 AM.

Just saying, how is what she did considered "cheating"? If she was fortunate enough to have $20 and someone else wasn't and if she was desperate enough to trade for gold that means she wasn't fortunate enough to have gold that takes quite a while to make. Whats wrong with her giving someone who can't get the ec something in a gift form, even if its a trade for gold?

Comment

At the end of the day, this all could've been avoided if we had the options of trading ec to one another, both the items and cash.

Plus it could potentially line ED pockets even more.

Just Say'in.

Comment

Please enlighten me but a lot of players buy gold but never once had a ban yet OP friend ban. I been playing for a while I can say for certain if you trade gold for ET with other players you do not get ban since most of the players on the server go through this route. Secondly players who buy gold from website DO NOT GET BAN since ED took over. Nexon days yes you buy gold you will get ban that's 100 percent true.

Comment

better off actually buying from 3rd party sites than selling ec

Comment

Working...
                      X