Why isnt this game more popular!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isnt this game more popular!!!

I know this game was seriously undervalued under nexon and it really didn't get any exposure because of the pay to win aspects of it. However, now that is independent I really believe it has a chance to shine beyond belief. I seriously love the combat style and the classes so I want to make an effort and get this game out there. Idk if the developers read the forums but here is a guy willing to do whatever it takes to make this game appealing and interesting for new players. I even started streaming some of the dungeons on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/yuuuuuuuuuka). Let's make this game great again!

the overall game direction took a wrong turn because 'somebody' didn't take into consideration the economics behind each move and removal of certain content.

due to the overhaul of 90-93 cap a vast majority of the changes took away what most users were accustomed too in terms of the in-game eco-system.
    things such as questing, gold farming, power leveling, guild recruitment in Calderock pass in search of newer players while being able to dress up in fashionable costume to grab the intention of newer players,
    lower grade gearing allowing a sense of gear progression as you leveled up for casual players and the variety of different Nest available during the 70-80cap all became locked/removed content.

in place of it came some questionable gearing alternatives which have not meet it's desired effect to date added to the fact the advertisement campaigns of Dragon Nest only really showcase spending events.

there may be a few in-game events, but is it really a 'event' if they only thing they did was change a few numbers around of EXP or item drop rates?

if a circus were to come to town i kinda expect to see some whack shet tbh
    - from what Eyedentity has presented us IF we were to compare it to other gaming companies and their MMO's

Eyedenity is like a poorly managed Gypsy fair with rigged/VERY STRANGE prize games to choose from

i mean ofc aside of all this nonsense
    the gameplay is what we all here for and it's actually another reason to take time off from the game itself too since.... lol

'things' happen
    if you stick around long enough you'll be able to tell your grand children about the 'back in my days that wasn't bugfixed, we all had to deal with it blah blah blah'

O_O
    Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

People disliked Nexon so the fact that Dn was under Nexon made those people hesitant to play. Of course they didn't realize Nexon got more involved in the later caps. Anyway the people that were ecstatic that Nexon was removed soon found a game that was under even worse a publisher

no way to win
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

A lack of advertisement is a heavy reason why there isn't a massive amount of players on this game... after all this game does have a unique dynamic combat system unlike the rest of similar genre games.

The memory of a massive multi-month content drought while hosted by Nexon....
        and as Mao said above the removal of content and dramatically changing the way the game was played has harmed the game despite the good intentions behind it (A "Reboot" meant to streamline gameplay to higher level content so everybody could experience cap content)
        IGN: LunarForce

Comment

Bad publisher to start with, bad publisher after transfer. Never advertised. Multiple DC/connection issues through out the years of playing, especially during active times of the year (winter breaks etc.) The fact the game went way too pay to win. Publishers never listening to feedback from players. The list is endless. It's a shame the game went down the path it did. It was a very entertaining game to play, but the publisher never did anything to keep the population up and thriving. 10/10 game for gameplay in previous years, 4/10 for publisher.
          No longer playing.
          Discord - DeadlyMerc #2604

Comment

I played this game a few years ago and loved the combat enough to get to cap (60 then). Now I can't bring myself to play it because there is nothing that feels remotely engaging while leveling. I remember doing dungeons on abyss and actually feeling like I was doing something. After the publisher change I made a cute little tinkerer, and after a few extremely boring hours I was done. I read about all the pay2win stuff getting worse, but ultimately I couldn't manage to play long enough to even experience it. Right now I don't see how anyone new could get themselves to cap without a friend or something to push them on. If the early game doesn't improve then all this game can look forward to is a dwindling population supported by ever increasing pay2win and a few whales.

Comment

Working...
            X