Please fix forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please fix forums

It's been a while since the fashion show event but forums threads are still not able to get bumped

the default sorting is set to show by creation order and not last update. I believe this is an easy fix and will improve the quality of life

please fix this as soon as possible because otherwise the forums continue to appear bugged and discourages anyone who reads it! Thank you!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Hello Ceruulean thank you for your opinion on our forum! Yes organizing means a lot and brings you better quality of life lol

Although, unfortunately we are spending our time, mainly focusing on our ongoing events and collecting our heroes' opinion such as lost in translation at the moment :/ But will consider working on it, if any other complaints on forum display Thank you for your interest in Dragon Nest!

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply and I am pleased to help in any way!

this has been an issue since before April of 2017, but here are some recent examples!

1) shows how guild recruitment is affected because you cannot tell which guild are active based on forum thread prominence anymore!

2) shows people who make duplicate threads just to bring attention to them!

3) someone who has attempted to bring the forum thread odd sorting to the admins in the past but accidentally mushed it with a different issue which made it ignored

4) more duplicate threads, usually in the trade section

after some further thought it appears the forum sorting was changed to discourage bots and hate threads but in the end it was very unprofessional and unnecessary in my opinion! The actions of a few trollish individuals isn't worth the reduced functionality for all of the community who may browse forums. As a public forum there comes risk of negativity and flaming but it happens on every public forum. As it is, the common convention across the World Wide Web is to show active, relevant threads before inactive, dead threads. I have never before encountered a forum that chooses "creation date sorting" as its default, and while ED has the right to run the forums how they want, I think most website designers consider how to raise visitor retention. Following conventions such as putting links at the top or left hand side, or sorting forums by activity, increases accessibility which encourages visitors to stay and browse.

in all, the way the forums are sorted is so jarring and confusing that people believe it's "bugged" or a "glitch" and I certainly thought the same thing---until someone said "no you can change the sorting back to -normal- with the filter button"
      Last edited by ceruulean; 08-10-2017, 09:41 PM.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Originally posted by [GM] Nest View Post
        Hello Ceruulean thank you for your opinion on our forum! Yes organizing means a lot and brings you better quality of life lol

Although, unfortunately we are spending our time, mainly focusing on our ongoing events and collecting our heroes' opinion such as lost in translation at the moment :/ But will consider working on it, if any other complaints on forum display Thank you for your interest in Dragon Nest!
        The current forum set up is not ideal for gathering player feedback and the timing of it felt like it was to censor users, as popular thread topics were being spammed out onto the second page due to multiple threads being made. It's a matter of changing or reverting some forum settings, not some huge fix that takes a large amount of time. A user has even written his own script to view the forums how it should be. That's more than ED has done to remedy the situation.

I'm not saying it's of upmost importance, but it's like a super easy fix, unless you guys managed to royally fuck up the forums too.
        Last edited by aaron; 08-11-2017, 01:07 PM.
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Although not the original issue that was brought up, there's been a lot of issues by users trying to post, but the posts keep showing up as unapproved. I've been doing my best with approving all of these unapproved posts daily, but here are two things that I would appreciate being done by the community to make the approving process smoother until a better system is set up.

1. If your post has a link it it, it will automatically be unapproved due to a ton of bots spamming the forums (like literally pages of just bot spam). To avoid this, either just post 1 unapproved message with the link for me to approve when I see it, or just make your post with a modified link so that it doesn't show up as one (for instance, typing "w w w.dragonnest.com or www.dragonnest.com"). I have done my best to go back and change those links to the actual websites without the weird modifications when I see them by directly editing your posts, but if I missed your post, please send me a message requesting that to be fixed.

2. Please limit the times you try to post the same message to 3 times or fewer to try to get an approved message. If you try a kajillion times, I see all of the attempts and have to manually approve or delete each attempt. Limiting it to 3 or fewer attempts would really help me resolve this issue faster, and thus make your posts appear faster. I do understand that if something is urgent, you will keep trying until the post goes through, and since I read the comments that get approved, I won't mind sifting through the mess if that's what's going on. However, if it is something that can wait, please limit yourself.

3. If you feel that a thread is getting pushed down because of the weird forum sorting issue that's going on, ask me to sticky something. However, there are limits to what I'm willing to sticky. For instance, I will not sticky a guild recruitment thread, since that would be unfair to the rest of the guilds. However, if it's a fashion thread thing, I can sticky that, and in fact, already did for all the class discussion fashion threads a while ago, as well as a bunch of guides and stat threads.

Thank you!
          Last edited by [GM] DENTITY; 08-11-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Might as well take the trade section off cause since the bloody change only 1/100 players were able to sell their stuff cant even bump or hump whats the bloody point. Note to GM: If your going to make change make sure its for the better cause.

Comment

Working...
            X