Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Tips/Useful Things for Forum: Sort Order, Signature Sizes, Old Root Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Tips/Useful Things for Forum: Sort Order, Signature Sizes, Old Root Layout

Figured I may as well post this. The first two I've been personally using (well, I did make them after all) for a while now which has greatly improved my forum browsing experience, but I keep seeing people complaining about these issues. While honestly it is Eyedentity's responsibility to maintain and manage the forums to improve user experience, it is clear that they either 1) aren't seeing this as a priority 2) intentionally having it this way or 3) have no idea what they're doing. So because I hate dealing with crappy user experiences, I made these so that at least I myself don't have to suffer through these issues, and anyone else who uses these fixes will also not have to deal with them.

1. Forum thread ordering

Threads are by default sorted by start date instead of last update. You can either manually change it using the filter button or by installing my forum sort fix userscript. To use the userscript, have a userscript extension installed (such as Greasemonkey (FF) or Tampermonkey (Chrome)), and click on the userscript link. You'll be prompted to check and install the script. You can find the source code here. Your page will flash white when the script kicks in to resort the list, since this was a quickly thrown together script.

2. Reasonable Signature Sizing

There are no limits set for the size of images, text, etc in forum signatures. Some users have highly disruptive, oversize, or obnoxious signatures as a result. You can either turn all signatures off through forum settings, or install my user style which limits the size of signatures. Signatures are capped at 225px tall (anything taller is cropped and has a scrollbar slapped on it), images capped at 150px tall, and text fixed to 12px. You will need to have a user style extension installed (such as Stylish (FF, Chrome) to use this.

3. Old Main Forum Page Layout

With the forum update, the forum homepage uses a compact view for each forum root. Currently we only have the NA Forum, I assume the SEA Forum is coming when they transfer and will show as a second forum root. If you'd like to have the old forum root layout back, you can click on the NA Forum header, which will take you to this page which has the old layout. Not really a fix but more of a general tip.
    WahrBot developer | Divinitor developer | My twitch.tv | Discord: Vahr#9959

I swear I'm an LK main

I think I nutted
    Discord: Korp#8417

Comment

aye im tryna FUCK right now

Comment

How come Peng can say FUCK in all caps but I can't say 7 M or 7 m without a space inbetween?
        ** ** Click image for larger version  Name:	forumswat.PNG Views:	1 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	79654
        Last edited by SkitzoRoy; 08-22-2017, 02:16 PM. Reason: Forums u wot

Comment

Familiar name heyah Vahrheit~
          Jauwee here

Comment

Working...
          X