Can't bring myself to continue to cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't bring myself to continue to cap

Long story short I played back when the cap was 50 and fell in love with the combat in this game. Seeing that Nexon was no longer involved was enough to get me to make a new character and try it out again. I was planning on buying a costume pack for my cute little tinkerer until I actually logged in and started playing. Since this forum doesn't work properly by default I figure making a new thread is the best way for someone to see my post from another thread about this:

"GM Nest you have to understand that there are two huge groups of problems here. In addition to the things plaguing players at cap (problems with content/getting gold etc.) you have the dismal state of the game pre-cap. it is completely irrelevant and unplayable boring. A few years ago I leveled to cap soloing Abyss dungeons and actually had fun. Now there is just nothing. You would be better off removing levels and starting everyone at the current cap right now. Every time I try play this game I click through a few meaningless levels before it gets too depressing. Fixing all the problems with the game at cap is basically the most important thing, but if you don't make the early game playable again the remaining player-base will just continue to bleed out.

When you remove content you have to add something in return. You took out the only option people had for making leveling not the equivalent of watching paint dry, and added nothing in its place. Now I have no clue how anyone new would get past lvl 30 before looking for something else to do."

I don't know whose idea it was, but somewhere down the line everything below cap was made unplayable boring. Nexon no longer has any control and nothing has improved. All I see is continued milking of the few people left. Why should I spend my time and money here when the owners themselves don't even appear to care about making a worthwhile player experience? Right now if I were to go find someone and get them to make a character with me we would be bored out of our minds and I would never be able to get them to stay even half way to cap. I can't even get myself to do it!

While leveling to cap is disgustingly easy and can be done in less than a week. I do believe that there should be some difficulty to it, such as re-implementation of abyss difficulty in pre-cap dungeons, or special areas that are equalized stats that low level players can go through.

But, I doubt that'll be happening anytime soon. Eyedentity seems dead set on keeping things the way they are regarding the leveling process.

Comment

I really want someone to try to convince me to play this game. All it does right now is just make me sadder. Someone who has fun with this game please tell me how and why. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here; I really would like to be able to have fun with this game.

Comment

• Couplord
        Couplord commented
        Editing a comment
        Think of all the fun you can have at the level cap! I do understand that leveling now is not as fun as it used to be, and it is extremely easy now depending on your class... So what I would find myself doing is watching Youtube as I level, or leveling with a friend to make it fun~
        I do hope you stick with the game, it is really fun at the later levels... and It would be quite sad to see you go so early and miss all the endgame content.
        I hope you stick with it!

you can see it this way, leveling to cap is just to experience each class skills, like a "tutorial", the beginning of this game now is when you hit 93...do dailies, farm mats, get equips, join a guild, run/get carried in nests, eventually you will find your favourite class and you have guildies to play with.

Comment

oh 1 more thing, i heard lv95 cap is much better than lv93 cap, which is coming next week update, easier to earn gold, easier to enhance, a more "playable" cap, hope you enjoy =)

Comment

Idk why you (or anyone else) was excited to have nexon gone lol

Look where it got us

Comment

(First, yay. Someone else who agrees that 50 cap was fun. Honestly my favorite cap (and I played in all but 70 cap, when I took a haitus).)

Yeah, I gotta agree that leveling to cap isn't very fun anymore, though unless I'm trying to speed-level to cap, like with Ray Mechanic starting day 1, I do try to at least complete main quests to keep the leveling process enjoyable (even with Ray Mechanic and the previous two special classes, I slowed down at the specialization quests since their dialogue is unique to their specialization), especially since leaving side quests alone means additional Garnets (or Quality Garnets once 95 cap comes) once you hit cap and return for them. But if you had been around during 70/80 cap...well, let's just say that trying to use MASTER difficulty for level-grinding solo was NOT a good option unless you were over-geared (I'm talking full +7-+15 BDNU/BDNL. I can personally tell you that lvl 70 +6-+8 Sander's/Epic was NOT going to cut it solo, especially if you were one of the frail classes). Long story short, without uber-gear or allies, you were pretty much forced to grind dungeon on Hard prior to level 80 unless you WANTED to die over and over. So yeah. While I do feel they COULD have maintain some of what made leveling fun, I wouldn't want to go through THAT again.

Though I will say that, while I haven't done any raids since 40/50-cap SDN, 93 cap, like previous caps, is where the fun really begins. If you get to 93 cap and want to be gutsy like me, get some decent Desirous/Obsession Theano gear and try to solo Nightmare I/III/V. The latter will DEFINITELY test your skills, since it's ALL BOSSES (some of which I noticed DON'T have the red carpet for their AoEs, so you'll have to tackle them the old-fashioned way).

P.S. boostedanimal I personally saw the loss of Nexon as a double-edged sword for the community. The community (at least initially, though some members still live with their illusions) was glad to have Nexon gone since they were blamed for all of the issues that plagued the server (I personally was indifferent, but didn't really foresee many positives), but failed to realize that they not only lost their scapegoat (again, community blamed Nexon for all of the game/server's issues, even those that were 100% the developer's fault), but also lost the ONLY group that was in a position to push for changes on behalf of the community. With Nexon gone, we get what EyeDentity feels like giving to us, and we, as a community, are not really in any position to demand anything otherwise. We can make suggestions, but that's about it. Whether or not ED, as the developer AND host, accepts the suggestions is up to them.
            Last edited by BowieSage; 09-09-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Look where it got us http://appnaz.com/android/mica-live-...ytech.micalive

Comment

I'm in agreement that the leveling is very tedious, so I'm glad it's at least fast. The only thing that I see it being useful for is that the player gets their skills in a slow enough manner that building and learning combos is possible (at least after first class change, before there aren't enough skills to matter). Having never played a Tink before, I needed the "slow" leveling to figure out what I was doing. Getting thrown into one of those classes at the cap would have been horrifyingly overwhelming.

Comment

If you make it to cap, you're a loser ex dee

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
                    you can see it this way, leveling to cap is just to experience each class skills, like a "tutorial", the beginning of this game now is when you hit 93...do dailies, farm mats, get equips, join a guild, run/get carried in nests, eventually you will find your favourite class and you have guildies to play with.
                    So what you are saying is that everything like lets say a good 85% of the game is the tutorial and the last 15% is the main game? I'm just clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliel View Post

So what you are saying is that everything like lets say a good 85% of the game is the tutorial and the last 15% is the main game? I'm just clarifying.
                      not at all, i am just saying, once you get to lvl cap, you have a lot more fun stuff to do instead of running dgns, if you consider "road to level to cap/running dgns to level up" is the good part, you shouldn't be playing this game, because as i said, the game starts when you hit lvl cap.
                      I personally wouldn't consider lvling to cap/running dgns is the "good part" because it's just boring. but experiencing new classes once a while is always fun to do, trying something new and different.

Comment

I know dem feels but I think having a friend or a friendly guild will cheer you up to play this game. If only there was an option to turn off world chat, DN would be a lot better too as well. xD
                        I have fun playing DN with friends but now its just me. Currently I'm having fun playing as different classes aside being my main as a Saint.
                        That's how I play DN. I hope you'd be able to play DN again.

Comment

Working...
                        X