Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Gems worth it?

1. Stats are random.
    2. There seems to be no way to enhance them.
    3. They give little stats compared to 93 gems.
    To 95 gemify or not to 95 gemify. That is the real question.
    Ruina: Sharshenshua
    Dragoon/Flurry: Shenaiki
    Questions? Comments? Queries? Like my attempts to troll bots? PM me on disco(rd) @AjiBuster499#6021

The stats on the Unique Versions are too big to just ignore...

As of the epic ones, +14 Lvl 93 Offensives are much better.

For the defensive gems, I still wonder, you get a huge dmg boost OR Crit boost, but you have to sacrifice ALOT of HP for it... I certainly won't change until I get Medea Tier 2 or something like that to get better defenses first. For now I just dismantle everything to farm unique Gems since those are extremely good and long term upgrades.
    Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
    IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

Depends on the grade, if you can swing for unique or legend 95 gems, go for it.

But the only thing I've seen better on epic 95s vs epic 93s is better final damage and -14% on some conversion gems or pdmg/mdmg 1%.

Overall, I don't think a lv 95 epic gem beats a +15 93 gem.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Zengeroff View Post
        Depends on the grade, if you can swing for unique or legend 95 gems, go for it.

But the only thing I've seen better on epic 95s vs epic 93s is better final damage and -14% on some conversion gems or pdmg/mdmg 1%.

Overall, I don't think a lv 95 epic gem beats a +15 93 gem.

​​​​
        Damage wise, even the Epic Defensives are beating a +15 Lvl 93... It's mostly about : Is it really worth sacrificing so much when all the nests hurt like a truck early on in the cap ? 93s Offensives are the only ones worth keeping if you have +14-+15.
        Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
        IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

• Zengeroff
          Zengeroff commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, damage wise they are great but the amount of HP you sacrifice is insane. Especially since a few good hits and you'll get wiped.

• BowieSage
          BowieSage commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta agree with you guys here. Haven't really touched Volcano Nest yet (don't really have the time to do nests with a party or even attempt solo runs), but even with my current most-geared character (a Gear Master, or my Ray Mechanic (with the exclusive cash shop costume) whenever I switch gear around), I can lose almost half of my HP through the duration of any of the Abyss dungeon bosses if I'm not careful. Which makes me glad that I already had enhanced Desirous/Obsession Theano armor (enhanced Coma at worst with one character), because I doubt I would have been able to manage EXP grinding on Master (or farming 95 equipment afterwards prior to them being purchasable) with anything less. I know Abyss dungeons and bosses are never a big deal in the long-term, but that just foreshadows how punishing nests and raids will likely be in the damage department, especially if you're not already overgeared for the content and/or can't manage the DPS checks that will no doubt plague said content. So it REALLY makes you question whether or not you'll be able to handle the huge tradeoff that comes with sacrificing HP for damage. It would likely ultimately depends on whether or not you'll always have a good healer glued to your team's rear 24/7 AND/OR a good HP-invested tank keeping the boss from going on a killing spree.

Offensive gems, on the other hand, I agree are a no-brainer, unless you have +14-+15 93 gems already in the case of Epic-grade gems.

Edit: I should probably also add that I tend to solo dungeons most of the time. Hence the comment concerning being careful at the boss fights. A 2-4 member team can obviously clear the dungeons on Abyss without worrying about the large damage. Point still stands, though: 95 Abyss dungeon bosses can hit hard if you let them, and the nest bosses moreso (wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming raid bosses were to hit for 50-100% of average raid gear HP with just regular attacks). Choose your 95 defensive gems wisely.
          Last edited by BowieSage; 10-23-2017, 03:26 PM.

95 offensive unique gems are better than 93 gems cuz high phy/mgic percentages, that is super op. For 95 unique defensive gems, they are actually up to ur states, for example, if ur int is 150k, 93+15 gems bring higher int than 95 gems cuz the 4% int, but if ur int is 100k or lower, that 4% brings lower int than 95 gems. Btw, 95 epic gems are trash q.q. Anyway, if u wanna have dmg, hp and critical at the same time, go 93 gems cuz 95 gems can only boost 1 of these states, if u wanna only focus on dmg, go 95 gems.

Comment

So, given I'm perpetually broke, and I probably won't be able to get u-grade or L-grade 95 gems for the next... *thinks* probably 200000000 millennia, it seems to me that:
          95 Epic Defensive Gems (Armor) are worse than 93 Epic Gems.
          95 Epic Offensive Gems (Rings & Weapons) are better? in some cases.

I have a +13 Fire 93 Gem and 3 +12 Fire 93 Gems on my main (A Reaper). Should I switch to 95 offensive? If so, then fire or phys dmg? I heard whispers hither and thither that pdmg gems are better now.
          Ruina: Sharshenshua
          Dragoon/Flurry: Shenaiki
          Questions? Comments? Queries? Like my attempts to troll bots? PM me on disco(rd) @AjiBuster499#6021

Comment

easiest way to see whats better is just putting your setup in the gear sim: https://spacem.github.io/dngearsim/

i gots my setup there and its accurate

also 95 U Defensive Gems are better than +15 93 Gems

Comment

Working...
            X