Most Efficient Gold Making Guide for New Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Efficient Gold Making Guide for New Players

one of the most common struggles in dragon nest end game is making gold. lots of people grind dungeons for material or equipment drops to sell to other players, do nests on multiple characters or doing other assorted end game content. perhaps the most efficient way to gain gold quickly is farming Apple of Life on numerous characters. The upfront time investment to get started on this is quite high but it pays off quite quickly as you can make gold much faster than anyone else with a fraction of the effort. here are some steps:

1. Make your first character and reach level 24. This doesn't take too long.
    2. Learn the farm skill at the farm dude in saints haven.
    3. Buy an apple of life seed and plant it.
    4. Wait 5 days and you'll get your apple which you can then sell to the npc for about 30+ gold.
    5. Repeat this process on a few hundred characters and you will be making thousands of gold every 5 days with very little effort required. It may take some time to amass that many characters but it will be worth it in the end. Apple farming has been a lucrative venture for numerous caps. It pays off in the long run. You will be making more gold per minute compared to someone that grinds dungeons all day or does all their nest runs. It's perhaps the best way to make gold in Dragon Nest.

As sad as it is, this kinda sucks. Iam almost tempted to make other accounts and do this

Comment

There are also merc exploration missions you can do while you play the game and sleep. It requires an investment of time and gold and careful management to make the most profit off of. I geared 3 toons during 90 cap due in a big part from the gold I got from merc missions. Also, if you can run IDN 4 man, if you get lucky with drops - you can get Cor'nura shards (worth 2k+), idnU gears (some of which if they have FD on them are worth good gold too). I'm just saying you don't have to play Dragon Apple Farm to make gold but I will admit, it does help. Merc missions + drops will net you a lot of gold too .

If they ever bring back commission quests again, that will help with gold making immensely.

Comment

• AlucardCloud
        AlucardCloud commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to add, new players can not make gold off merc missions, you need gold and lustres to craft the plates as well as you need to buy and snyc mercs which is also a hefty gold sink and get lucky to make your gold back, for a new player they're better off face grinding for gold than attempting merc misisons. The point of this is for new players not players that have been around with thousands of altheum lying around with nothing to do.

my other method is getting a well paying job and having lots of disposable income

then buying item protection jellies and selling them.

Comment

Apple farming on hundreds of characters? Firstly DN is your job if you're doing that. Secondly, you're not playing the game if you're switching between characters nonstop. Not only is it boring but tedious.
        IGN: Serqet (Adept)

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
          ILLbeURdeath commented
          Editing a comment
          I would agree

• Aisuru
          Aisuru commented
          Editing a comment
          Obviously this wouldn't be the only way you make gold. However, you can be quite productive during this time in person. I've essentially memorized the pattern of farming and get work done off the side (I put DN in a tiny window during farming) or if I don't have work to do, I just watch Youtube. It's a bit of an issue if you stare at the game the entire time you're farming =/

Question for you ILLbeURdeath. If u were to have 400 alt to farm apple would you use it?. I bet you would since you can make 14 k a week.

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
          ILLbeURdeath commented
          Editing a comment
          You think I don't make that currently or more sometimes? (but like everyone one else who doesn't apple farm, I do have some bad weeks sometimes :c)

And, no I wouldn't. I'd rather play Dragon Nest, not Dragon Apple Farm. I'm a nester/raider, not a farmer :P.

if someone gave me 1000 apple farmers i would use them.

Comment

Originally posted by milktoast22 View Post
          if someone gave me 1000 apple farmers i would use them.
          1000 apple farmers; assuming 1 minute of load in + planting (generous given it's saints haven) that's 1000 minutes. Assuming you have 20 characters per account, you'd need to switch every 20 characters, meaning you'd have to turn your game off and log back on 50 times, adding another 2 minutes for every account; +100 minutes.
          Every so often you need to mail your earnings, lets say once a month to be generous; mailing takes 2 minutes per character since you have to get to a mail box, get money by selling an apple, mail them, and then switch characters; add 2000 minutes a month.

That'd be 1000 * 5 + 100 * 5 + 2000 = 7,500 minutes a month farming apples of life or 125 hours. In that time you have made approximately 6000 apples of life which you can just vendor for money.

It's a ton of money but so much time. Even if you divided it up each day doing just 1/7th of your characters, you'd still spend something like 4 hours every day logging in and out for your crops.

At taht point you're not even playing dragon nest, you're playing farmville.

Comment

To be honest if u calculate minute per gold, I say farming apple win by a long shot. But for each their own i suppose other good way of farming is join a max level guild open seal and farm Zeph abyss with Abudant talisman. Some of my guildie make 8k - 10 K a day with it its boring for me i prefer apple.

Comment

Nah Apple farming doesn't take that long if you have 2 computer and know what your doing trust me its fast

Comment

just to add on that your just assuming it's slow cause you never had that much alt 1000 is overkill 400 - 600 is duable

Comment

Originally posted by Amaurus View Post

1000 apple farmers; assuming 1 minute of load in + planting (generous given it's saints haven) that's 1000 minutes. Assuming you have 20 characters per account, you'd need to switch every 20 characters, meaning you'd have to turn your game off and log back on 50 times, adding another 2 minutes for every account; +100 minutes.
                  Every so often you need to mail your earnings, lets say once a month to be generous; mailing takes 2 minutes per character since you have to get to a mail box, get money by selling an apple, mail them, and then switch characters; add 2000 minutes a month.

That'd be 1000 * 5 + 100 * 5 + 2000 = 7,500 minutes a month farming apples of life or 125 hours. In that time you have made approximately 6000 apples of life which you can just vendor for money.

It's a ton of money but so much time. Even if you divided it up each day doing just 1/7th of your characters, you'd still spend something like 4 hours every day logging in and out for your crops.

At taht point you're not even playing dragon nest, you're playing farmville.
                  yes i suppose its just farmville. that much time farming and doing such a mundane task is not worth the gold to be honest. but it seems to be the most efficient way to make a consistent amount of gold.

Comment

You do realize that you can just edit your post to make it longer, right Mysterious? It shouldn't be a problem, especially since you posted short sentences anyway.

But yeah, sadly apple farming is probably the most accessible, efficient way to make gold. It's hard to argue with making roughly 1.5k gold every hour according to Amaurus's time investment calculations. The main problem with this is the time it takes to start up an apple farm that big. Cutting the number of accounts you use would of course be more reasonable.

Under some ideal conditions...
                    1000 apple accounts = 125 a month (31 hrs a week) for 180kg
                    500 apple accounts = ~63 hrs a month (16 hrs a week) for 90k gold
                    250 apple accounts = ~32 hrs a month (8 hours a week) for 45k gold
                    100 apple accounts = ~12.5 hrs a month (3 hours a week) for 18k gold

So making 100 apple accounts or less is probably the most doable to the average new player, initial time investment aside. 3 hours a week isn't asking for too much, but at the same time, it's apple farming... If for whatever reason your loading times are slower, or you try to multitask which slows you down, apple farming probably isn't worth the time investment. since that could easily double the time it takes for you to farm.

td;lr
                    apple farming = lots of gold, but its probably not wurf if you have a shit computer/internet

there's a point where your time is more valuable than the gold you make in a game

Comment

with removal of zephyra plains i think

this guide is more relevant than ever

Comment

Selling to NPC for 30 gold the only way? Haven't checked market for this item but I'm assuming it's not worth it to place on MP?

Comment

Working...
                        X