Questions From a Not So New Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions From a Not So New Player

I quit playing Dragons Nest when it was under nexon NA during the realease of the 70 cap, I'm aware there will be no account transfers at this point in time just to get that out of the way. But I have a few questions about the game under its new management:

How is the grind currently to max level cap?How is the cash shop compared to Nexon(I thought they were expensive) and what would be a class worth gearing if I want to get into parties easily? I used to play Ice Witch and Im aware she underwent several nerfs is she still as viable? And is Physician still a good off healer?

Welcome back.

We're currently in 93 cap, and believe it or not, the grind to cap lvl is NOWHERE near as bad as it used to be (for example 40 - 60 cap).

Cash shop is still around the same price as when Nexon hosted us (costumes aprox. 30$ a set).

As for classes, I would recommend going either healer (healers are always good) or one of the awakened classes (warrior, archers, and sorceress).

Comment

Ice Witch is doing well. The recent changes to debuffs makes ice stacks fairly desirable, tho the ice stacks of today are very different from ice stacks in 70 cap. Ice Witches are also an awakened class, and has a few more skills and damage because of it.

Physician is one of the three healers and is a very good off healer. She has the heal with the lowest cd (other classes have 60 sec cd on their heals) due to cd plate and slime shake cd reduction. She also has the smallest range for a heal iirc, so she fits the off healer role very well S:

Comment

Here is the answer to your questions, respectively of course!!!

The grind to max level is surprisingly easy. If you need a grind guide just tell me.

The cash shop is just as bad, but then again they have been giving better looking stuff than nexon did.

If you want to be a class that is sought after in nests, well it depends on the role you are trying to fill...
        DPS: IMO Pyromage is better than Ice Witch, but they are both pretty good, Lunar Knight is definitely one of the best DPS units, if not the best, its moves are rarely interrupted and while its damage output is not the best, the speed makes up for it, the lk has such a low cd that there will never be a moment when all skills are in cd. Granted the Ice Witch and Pyro when used correctly can destroy anything in their path, I just think the Lunar Knight is far easier and a lot more sought after in nests.

Healer: If you are trying to join a party with a healer a lot of people ask for saints, but the light bringer is definitely the best when used correctly. With my Light Bringer I can go using just theano (w/o enchants) and lose no health in 4 man idn. All the light bringer needs is some good reflexes and timing. It is definitely underrated and can be used very well when in the hands of the correct person. If you are not as good with situational awareness and multitasking (dodging, watching health of others at same time) then the saint is better because its relics heal over time. I have never tried Physician though, and I do not intend on doing so, but I recommend you try each of them and see which appeals to you.

I think that the classes you go with are all based on personal preference though, as no two players are the same. Some may prefer ranged DPS or some may prefer CQC DPS. I hope I helped you, and if you need my help just pm me. (My skype is on my profile page if you ever need it)

Comment

Compared to Nexon, I think Eyedentity gives out way more events. Daily free 500DNP (same thing as scales, worth $0.50), which means you can save them up and buy cash item without spending money. Save up for a month and you get $15. Save up the coupon and dont cash them in unless you are ready because they wipe DNP every update. There are drop rate events, double exp events, nest clear events and so much more. Sometimes there are free eggs too.

IW is a very good DPS class now. So if what you are looking for is soloing & doing easier nests, then go IW, because cheap gears are way enough to do those easily. But if u wanna do end-game contents, go with support classes like saint & physician.

Grinding is not bad at all. Just do your main quests. They give amazing exp and gold. I got 1.5k from doing main quests. There is also hot spring and occasional exp event to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mela View Post
            Compared to Nexon, I think Eyedentity gives out way more events. Daily free 500DNP (same thing as scales, worth $0.50), which means you can save them up and buy cash item without spending money. Save up for a month and you get $15. Save up the coupon and dont cash them in unless you are ready because they wipe DNP every update. There are drop rate events, double exp events, nest clear events and so much more. Sometimes there are free eggs too.

IW is a very good DPS class now. So if what you are looking for is soloing & doing easier nests, then go IW, because cheap gears are way enough to do those easily. But if u wanna do end-game contents, go with support classes like saint & physician.

Grinding is not bad at all. Just do your main quests. They give amazing exp and gold. I got 1.5k from doing main quests. There is also hot spring and occasional exp event to help you.
            I heard from other players from forum and it seems that they didn't get any dnp today? I hope it's not ED not telling us the dnp will not be given out anymore or something...

Comment

• Mela
              Mela commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know... I havent played yet after update but I claimed mine for today at midnight already.
              Still think so far ED is pretty decent on events. I find myself spending less money.
          Working...
          X