Brand New Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Player

Hi. I've been looking around the forums and i figured I'll just ask.
    Is the game still far from dead? cause lvl1-70 channels are all on Low.

And is it advisable for me to do the whole main quest for my very first char. I've played this game before btw but a very looooooooong time ago Thank you

Game is at a bit of a low at the moment, but there's usually enough people online to get end-game content done (excluding raids and such). I think most people discuss the game on Discord now. More on that here

If this is your first character, then it's a good idea to complete the main quest, as well as any sidequests that are convenient (ie. coincide with the main quest). They've increased the amount of gold you get from it, and that should be enough to start you off when you begin the gearing process. If you find yourself outleveling the main quest (which can start happening around the 60-70 range), you should grind these dungeons:

60-70: Daredevil Faire Gobarta (or was it Gobersia? anyways, the circus thing where you kill lots of goblins), and then Golden Grasslands when you're out of Faire runs
    70-75: Blazing Caldera (if you have a class that can nuke) or Golden Grasslands
    75-80: Wall of Laments
    80-90: Zephyra Plains OR Gold Dust Gulch (recommend the Plains because if you free all the captives, you get a bonus box that gives you some gold)
    90-93: Red Waste (if you play a class with better mobility or fast attacks because the boss moves around a lot) or Black Lake (for low mobility and slow classes, like Saint)

Also, if you haven't opened them yet, save your Level Up box contents if you can. Open them up to the point where you get all inventory space (4 pages of Bag I think), so up to the L30 box or so. This way, you can save the costume and skill reset scrolls (and market place passes, assuming they still have those in there. Not sure, I haven't opened the boxes beyond 50 for quite some time. You get a 30day one from the 93 special box, so no point in wasting the Level up box ones)

AND ANOTHER THING. Try to find a mentor before reaching 90. If you reach 89 before getting a mentor, you could sell your mentor slots (up to 3) to other people. This way, you get some gold and some boxes of neat stuff. There's usually people who buy it because mentors also get boxes of stuff they can sell. I'm not sure what the exact price is on those slots is though. If you have a buddy, you can trade mentorships for other characters you level up (since you need to be 90 or higher to mentor someone).

Once you get some Pupil boxes, don't open them all just yet. There should be 2 from each mentor. 1 contains a 90 enhancement plate, while the other contains a rock that provides you a very useful buff. The buff doesn't stack, so there's no point in holding 3 at once. What you can do is, after getting all 6 boxes from the mail, open the first 2 to figure out which of the boxes in each pair is the plate. Then open the boxes that contain the plates and save the other 2, so you can save the useful buff for later. You can do a similar trick if you are the mentor (although the boxes will contain Garnets, Space Cubes, and the buff rock instead).

Now that you're 93, you should be able to open up that fancy box with the accessories. BUT WAIT. Do you have enough materials to put that 100 free enhancement jelly to good use? If so, then disregard the next bit of info:

If you're lacking in Garnets, check if you have any lower level quests left unfinished. If you can't see them, go to your quest menu and uncheck the Hide Quest option. When you're at maximum level, these lower level quests will give you the enhancement material of the current level cap, which is Garnets right now. So go back and do those quests to get those garnets. I recommend doing doing dungeons with multiple quests to save time (because grinding a low level dungeon for just 1 sad little Garnet really isn't worth it and you might as well do the 90 dungeons). Only exceptions are the quests you get from the quest board for the Rhadames (90 area) dungeons, since those drop Garnets in Abyss anyway.

Now that you've got a pile of Garnets, it's time to get that Golden Goose bonus, if you haven't already. Collect Golden Goose faction points to purchase the buff from Honest Ed, so you can reduce your enhancement costs (as well as a few other perks). After that, start enhancing. Prioritize your weapons first (try to reach +8 on both, if you have enough jelly. if you're REALLY lucky, try to +10 your main weapon), then shirt, pants, hat, gloves/shoes in that order. There's a guidebook psuedoquest thing now that just hands you equipments for completing some easy tasks, so do those first. The Desirous weapons you get, you should enhance those. As for the armor, it only gives you standard Theanos. Don't bother enhancing those. Just wear 'em until you get Desirous Theano armor or better. Once you get those, toss that set into the extractor and use the resulting Garnets to enhance the Desirous armors. Standard Theanos should be enough to get you through your dailies, and maybe a Typhoon Kim or Professor K nest, where you can get the Desirous stuff. Twisted Territory dungeons in Rhadames also give you Desirous gear, and you can join daily parties or simply solo if you're strong enough.

That's all I can think of for now. The in-game guide book thing should help you with what other content you can do to gear up. Good luck!

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
      ILLbeURdeath commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 well done with lots of useful info

DUDE!. That was some serious guide. Thanks a hecka lot!! I will every single word to mind!

Comment

Working...
    X