Why am I taking so much damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I taking so much damage?

I'm currently running the level 90 abyss dungeons in twisted territory and I'm getting my butt handed to me by the monsters even though I'm level 93 and have pretty good gear! I haven't really played since 40 cap, so maybe there's something that's changed since then that I'm not accounting for? I took pictures of all my gear just in case something isn't in order, most of my armor is +8 and my dragon gems are all windswept in the defensive slots and mystical in the offensive slots. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Was there a reason you are using windswept and mystical gems? Unless I am missing something it would be much better to use wise gems and light gems as an inquisitor. Having 4 light gems and 7 wise/vit or crit will help a lot with your dps and and light % will up your light skill dmg.

Comment

I'm only using mystical gems because I haven't gotten a better replacement yet, I intend to use light gems. As for the windswept gems, they increase my critical stat so aren't they the best option?

Comment

• ceruulean
        ceruulean commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want crit you can use wise gems with crit

But if you're taking a lot of dmg you will probably need wise with vit until you get better at dodging

jesus lol

you have only 1.1 million HP

standard is to aim for 2million brother.

your defense and M.defense is good.
      M.Damage could use work

other than that.

it's not really you're 'taking so much damage' more like your 'gear' in terms of HP values is lower than what's suited for whatever content that seems to be giving you issues

-
      Armor/Weapons - Crit?

regarding critical and AGL stats.
      Theano series gear does not include other additional main stats (STR, INT, AGL, VIT) however they do provide you good defense and hp upon enhancements and are easy to obtain.
      you've done well to almost reach 130k without the use of costume gear (blehh p2w garbo PJ_Salt dont mind me)

RuDN U/Rune Dragon Nest Unique gear/equipment and IDN L/Ice Dragon Nest Legendary gear does however

so that's something to move on to in terms of your armors and weapons later down the line for you sir.

in doing so you will naturally get access to additional AGL/Crit while still boosting your main INT stat with Gem%

know that you have a total of 7 slots for gems.
      some people sack 2-3 spots for crit and the rest is Vit.

later on down the line people just have full Vit+Main stat though

-
      Dragon Gems

Enhancements matter in the long run and spending materials in stats other than your main one can feels like a waste.
      this is why generally you would invest into mainly your intended stats since stacking multipliers makes quite the difference over splitting up the stat focus.

Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I took everyone's suggestions and changed my gear and now my stats look like this:

Comment

wow

that's some progress mate.
          good job.

you SHOULD be able to do more content Normal and Hardcore nests up to SDN HC/Deep Sea Dragon Nest Hardcore without too much issues.
          as in you'll last long enough in a 3-4man party depending on how you well you time your DPS windows/opportunities in accordance with the nest.

comes with the nest knowledge don't worry about that, the more you play the wiser you gonna get if you're truly seeking to improve while playing.

-
          you will still need to stack INT up to the point of like achieving 200-220k dmg.
          after that aim for 2,500-4,000 FD/Final Damage.

-
          just a tip for you brother. stock up on light cubes and do ladder pvp matches.
          in the long run acquiring the necessary amount of light cubes will net you a ton of gold or power in the form of selling a Genesis ring service or crafting it for yourself.

there's usually always something to do that get give you net gains in Dragon nest, but the majority of the lower end player tend to look out for that 'quick cash/buck' instead of being more resourceful.

-
          i also recommend getting the hang of RuDN / Rune Dragon Nest as the next pieces to upgrade your gear will be in the form of RuDN Unique armor and weapons.
          along with doing daily content (level 93 dungeons parties and Nests) to get Garnets and Harden Drakonites which can go towards your Dragon Gem enhancements and getting more familiar with all the current content you should be good to go sir.
          Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

Thank you! I will aim to do those nests next.

Comment

Quick tip if you haven't already managed it: since you're an Inquisitor, try to also get a title that increases your Light Atk%. If you're on a budget, Reckless (obtained by clearing Land of the Frost (have to have visited Lotus Marsh at least once to be able to earn the achievement)) will give you a nice +5% to all elements (so same applies to any other ele/ele-converted class). But if you have money/patience, you could get Radiant Master (search "Abyss" or "Abyss Title" in the marketplace, find someone who's selling it, or search for it in Abyss dungeons iirc) for +6% Light and 700 Phys/Mag Dmg (and 50 FD, but that's too little to matter), or even one of the higher-end Goddess titles for even greater benefits. The Goddess titles are harder to get since you have to be lucky with Goddess' Sadness pouches, so use whatever you can manage to obtain.

Edit: I made an error with the title. It's actually "Ruthless", but the method for obtaining it is correct, so you'll know which one I'm talking about.
              Last edited by BowieSage; 08-06-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I've been trying to get lucky with the Goddess' Sadness pouches. In the meantime I'll just use Reckless

Comment

Working...
                X