Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, chill room status? Are they still a thing? Thoughts 'n stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, chill room status? Are they still a thing? Thoughts 'n stuff?

Mostly asking out of curiosity. I've heard many a rumor that chill rooms are anything from a risky business choice to a bannable offense that the gods will smite you for, but I've yet to see anything actually concrete in anyone making these statements (although I haven't actually looked around because I honestly don't really care for chill rooms at all save for speccing while zoned out, lol.)

Pretty general question, are they gonna be gone? Pros and cons? Would like to see official statements but I can understand why eyedentity would avoid the PvP forum.

I'll go first, hopefully if anything to incite conversation. Initially I thought that it could only be positive, as chill rooms are generally the spilling point for a lot of really stupid and really petty drama. So obviously, getting rid of that would rid us of a lot of drama, right? Not only that, but getting rid of chill rooms would also force players to actually experience PvP.

Let's be real, most people who enter chill rooms have no idea how to last in 1v1s. This is no exaggeration as far as my eyes can personally see. Relying on sheer numbers is basically a signature for chill roomers, as if anyone really tries to disrupt the stillness in a chill room's air, you can be sure that some tink will roleplay being sad, and white knight warriors will flock to her defense to kill the disrupter, followed by vehemently mashing the laugh gesture.

However, I also thought of the fact that many newer players start PvP by entering chill rooms. I am guilty of this. (but I can also safely say it was the only chill room I ever entered while in a sober state of mind)
    The "chill" implies a friendly nature, which there "sort of" is. Taking away chill rooms could also lead to the PvP community shrinking even more than it already has. Stupid and petty drama is something that just comes up in competitive games from my experience (although admittedly DNNA has the most spooky track record IMO), so getting rid of chill rooms might just end up nipping community growth while also causing everyone to remain the same general level of angry. Spooks.

I still vividly remember how I ended up 1v1ing, too. I entered a chill room and people kept typing "*blushes*", "XDXDXD", and the chat was filled with really awkward conversations on sexuality that was clearly being discussed by people who hadn't the foggiest. Not to put myself on a high horse, like I understand why they talk like that, its fun to RP for some, but I just really really can't stand that stuff. I have never left a room so fast. Obviously I have some bias in that I hate chill rooms, but I'm trying to maintain neutrality in that I can see the appeal it has for some. Regardless of what I see though, I'm still left in the dark on whether chill rooms are straight kill or not. I've only had DN Experience in DNNA.

So yea, are chill rooms gonna die?
    How do you feel if they stay alive?
    How do you feel if they die?
    ecks dee.
    oppa gangnam style
    Last edited by Anime Garbage; 09-25-2016, 03:05 AM. Reason: Edited the tags to be more appropriate.

The chill rooms are going to go away because they were a method people used to farm for arena exp therefore to get ranks they didn't earn by 1v1ing, endless respawning, etc. It will become a bannable offense but you'll still be able to make FFA rooms just everyone has to be fighting one another in the room. What's best for new players in a pvp setting would be to probably 1v1 or take a few test runs in respawn/4v4/protect, where they with a team of people that can help them along, or to ask around for guides.

IGN's: Kaeju - 90 Smasher
    Repetitive - 90 Sting Breezer
    zLuniere - 90 Soul Eater

"Adults are troublesome creatures."

Comment

Originally posted by Repetitive View Post
      The chill rooms are going to go away because they were a method people used to farm for arena exp
      I somehow completely forgot this was a thing lol. I guess I'm so indoctrinated into the basically inescapable arena EXP method that I forgot that arena EXP was even gifted for PvP.

And I agree best for new players would definitely be joining 1v1s and actually forcing them into a PvP setting, but the issue is that I know a lot of starting players tend to avoid those rooms. I know I sometimes avoid specific 1v1s because I feel like my opponent wastes their time on me, and the friends I've talked into playing DN have generally felt the same and ended up PvE primary players.

Thanks for the input though, considering that arena EXP would be given for chill rooming, I can actually see it being an offense now rather than hot air and empty threats. Neato~

Comment

That's why it'd probably be better if they join an endless respawn or protect so that they can be hands on with a bunch of people, but some people might not be able to do that due to connection or computer issues so it may be best to just have them join FFA rooms when the transfer happens.

IGN's: Kaeju - 90 Smasher
        Repetitive - 90 Sting Breezer
        zLuniere - 90 Soul Eater

"Adults are troublesome creatures."

Comment

Working...
        X