Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts and ideas on how to make pvp great again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in a vain attempt to curveball this topic before it gets even more out of hand

I've heard a lot of people say toggleable caps implemented into equalized PvP would keep a lot of people happy. Though I'm not sure how the idea of implementation of that would go, I do think it's not a bad idea.

Obviously there are people with nostalgia classes still on, looking in from the outside of a green tinted window, but 40 cap was pretty nice since everything after that was a giant cluster of either giant AoE's or moves that were so fast you couldn't realistically bait and react to them. 40 cap implements into our 93 cap area would be cool, or even something from what I've heard of as the DWC. Don't quote me on this but I'm to believe that there were separate servers for DWC with characters capped at a certain level. That would probably keep people happy, or at least give the idea that eyedentity is willing to go out of pocket to appease its newfound playerbase. But they'd (eyedentity) have to keep that story "Give a mouse a cookie" in mind. DN NA is a fickle group with a vocal majority of elitists and fools with grand bravados.

Again, though, the issues with that would stem from whether that kind of sinking into profits is worth it for them. They are a business first and a provider to us second. Just something I thought I'd mention.
    Last edited by Anime Garbage; 09-28-2016, 01:37 AM. Reason: EDIT : General Grammar stuffs.

Comment

is anyone else having trouble reading that font size?
      Vanquisher of brown ranks

Comment

build a wall of glads
        https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/gu/1/1f/Batata.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfDeath View Post

Did u just say you find it hard to pvp as a dest??? I hope u realize they can kill people in 3 skills
          That goes for all the Warrior class.

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post

Bruh the name gvue brings back memoriesss. Are you back to stay? On the topic of Destroyer, they're fine. I've tried Barb and Dest and can see why people play both. Dest is good in PVP, nothing else to be said.
            B*tches remember me! Destroyer are fine in PVP, but due my lack of skills I just suck now. Now I'm trying to focus on PVE build and follow my way up again. Yes, I'm staying in DN for awhile, or maybe forever depending where this game goes. I was happy they moved out of NX. It was horrible 4 years. PVP is still broken in general and I hope EYEdentity fix that sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by gvue View Post

B*tches remember me! Destroyer are fine in PVP, but due my lack of skills I just suck now. Now I'm trying to focus on PVE build and follow my way up again. Yes, I'm staying in DN for awhile, or maybe forever depending where this game goes. I was happy they moved out of NX. It was horrible 4 years. PVP is still broken in general and I hope EYEdentity fix that sh*t.
              well they are the developers so one would hope, not to mention itll be easier to contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by gvue View Post

That goes for all the Warrior class.
                Bruh since when can a a Lunar Knight kill in 3 skills?? they are one of the few balanced classes that require skill to play (ignoring their instant)
                DeathlyShade 95 Raven
                MisticKiller
                95 DarkAvenger
                GodTheTeen
                95 Guardian
                ShadeOfAbyss 95 AbyssWalker
                ????????? 95 BleedPhantom
                Your Favorite God Of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Pineapple View Post

well they are the developers so one would hope, not to mention itll be easier to contact them.
                  Agree. It's much easier to contact them now since they're out of NX. And I hope they actually listen to the communities feedback.

Comment

Getting kinda tired of this shit
                    DeathlyShade 95 Raven
                    MisticKiller
                    95 DarkAvenger
                    GodTheTeen
                    95 Guardian
                    ShadeOfAbyss 95 AbyssWalker
                    ????????? 95 BleedPhantom
                    Your Favorite God Of Death

Comment

Bruh since when can a a Lunar Knight kill in 3 skills?? they are one of the few balanced classes that require skill to play (ignoring their instant)
                      Moonlord/Lunar Knight is alright class. i would agree they are balanced. I don't own a LK/ML character, so I don't know how they work. But I've been using a Gladiator and Gladiator are just so good in PVP.

Comment

ML/LK were known as a burst class that could drop your HP very quick if you mess up/get outplayed. They had some of the highest burst in 70 cap, and 80cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuraiflare View Post

ML/LK were known as a burst class that could drop your HP very quick if you mess up/get outplayed. They had some of the highest burst in 70 cap, and 80cap.
                          Except outplaying anyone as a Moonlord was ludicrously difficult because the amount of evades, power tumbles, and general movement options every other class has, the inconsistent connections, ghosting, and lag the server had, and the awful hitstun/para rate, terrible neutral game, and shitty set ups moonlords have.

Plus the burst was maybe 140-200k in 1 second.

With a sin/glad you can do 140-200k in maybe 10 seconds, except with a sin you have to be braindead to drop the combo, where as with moonlord you have to have the planets aligned and the gods favor.
                          As a barb I can do that kind of damage, it just takes me more time, but I can be generous because if I whiff I can relaunch with circle swing, dash, bombs, etc.

Moonlord fucks up once and he basically has to wander around the stage like a twat for 30 seconds with nothing stopping his opponent from rushing him down.

This is just from my perspective. Merc guy myself and I always felt bad for moonlord because their concept is cool but they just always somehow manage to suck hard. A lvl 11 Half Moon slash does like, 700% DMG, where as a lvl 11 line drive will do like over 1000%.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Garbage View Post

Except outplaying anyone as a Moonlord was ludicrously difficult because the amount of evades, power tumbles, and general movement options every other class has, the inconsistent connections, ghosting, and lag the server had, and the awful hitstun/para rate, terrible neutral game, and shitty set ups moonlords have.

Plus the burst was maybe 140-200k in 1 second.

With a sin/glad you can do 140-200k in maybe 10 seconds, except with a sin you have to be braindead to drop the combo, where as with moonlord you have to have the planets aligned and the gods favor.
                            As a barb I can do that kind of damage, it just takes me more time, but I can be generous because if I whiff I can relaunch with circle swing, dash, bombs, etc.

Moonlord fucks up once and he basically has to wander around the stage like a twat for 30 seconds with nothing stopping his opponent from rushing him down.

This is just from my perspective. Merc guy myself and I always felt bad for moonlord because their concept is cool but they just always somehow manage to suck hard. A lvl 11 Half Moon slash does like, 700% DMG, where as a lvl 11 line drive will do like over 1000%.
                            I know all of this, I play LK. That being said I never "complained" cause it's just a waste of energy.

Comment

• Anime Garbage
                              Anime Garbage commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ah yea, I'm aware. I just wanted to make it clear on Moonlord shortcomings since the posters above you seemed a bit foreign to it. The idea of burst dmg to me was always that the burst would be huge, but for some reason in DN burst dmg is just the same as regular dmg, only harder to set up.

So from my perspective Moonlord has never been very balanced toward 80-90 cap because you can outplay someone for 90% of the game, but that 10% would cost you a win landslidingly. I think 93 cap is changing that though in nado ex is straight up broken, so hurray.

Also, kudos to you moonlord. You were a dying breed in that I literally only saw like anywhere from three to seven of them over the entirety of 90cap.

Step number one : Do not create a stupid black list or soft bans, the abilities were created for a reason, so deal with it or shut the heck up.

Comment

• Kaplou
                              Kaplou commented
                              Editing a comment
                              How does one deal with an infinite hurricane dance?......OH I know! leave the game!

Originally posted by Articles View Post
                            Step number one : Do not create a stupid black list or soft bans, the abilities were created for a reason, so deal with it or shut the heck up.
                            Soft Ban/Black List helped more than it hurt.

Comment

Working...
                            X