Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠSoft Ban

What are the soft bans for all classes?

Softbans are more like skills that you personally refrain from using to make the match more challenging or fun- each player decides his or her own. In competitive 1v1s generally a lot of people softban their level 50 skill and/or their active awakenings, or at least hold off on using them until the opposition does first.

If you mean blacklist, or skills that are generally acknowledged as being "banned" so to speak, then a general rule of thumb to go by is any move that stops or slows down the fight. This means active skills like healing, iron skin, or long lasting block buffs. Summons are usually considered to be blacklisted as well because they interrupt without the user being required to be active, though summoner classes like gear master are tricky. (There's a cap to deployment but I don't know the specifics.) Passive skills, like assassin's feint, usually don't count as they are uncontrollable and while it's pretty rare, people do still use hybrid PvP/PvE builds.

There's no real "official" blacklist and oftentimes the player base is divided over if a skill is banned or not: an example would be Tink's slip n' slide which has a random chance of breaking any skill while the player is over it. A lot of people think it's banned but a lot of people also argue differently. Your best bet is probably to ask about individual skills or double check. You can post your questions here and I'll try and answer them as best as I can, or at least give you my perspective on the skills, though I'm not too knowledgeable about Machina or Lencea.
    Last edited by Matchlight; 03-20-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Though you're probably not going to find a soul that still follows this here you go

http://dragonnestdatabase.weebly.com/the-blacklist.html

Honestly just use what you want to use and people will deal with it

Comment

• Omnicide
        Omnicide commented
        Editing a comment
        This is outdated and from about 3 years ago if i recall.

• ZepIic
        ZepIic commented
        Editing a comment
        stop linking this bs.

for one, it's used without my or any of the other's permissions (it has our names on it). And it's outdated af

• Spellsman
        Spellsman commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt that they cared about who made the soft ban list when asking for it and from my understanding they wanted a general idea on what skills most people considered "softbanned". Just because it's outdated by not including mach, dark classes, and awakenings doesn't void the information about the skills on the list since it's still the majority opinion.

Regardless I still recommend people just use what they feel like since this community has been around long enough for people to know how to have fun.

Originally posted by Spellsman View Post
      Though you're probably not going to find a soul that still follows this here you go

http://dragonnestdatabase.weebly.com/the-blacklist.html

Honestly just use what you want to use and people will deal with it
      I follow this, and deal with it by kicking people.

Comment

I still follow it because I'm traditional and dislike change tbh, but I only 1v1
        Most people I 1v1 follow it as well
        Though if people break it, I'll respect their decision and follow along until the end of the match. Can't say I'll continue going if they ready up again though.

Comment

Working...
        X