Game Progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Progression

Wondering if anyone feel the same, DN community always aim for HDPS and the rest like beginner/starter will be stuck at a level.

Example case of scenario
    With full set Neris +20, capable to clear RUDN 4man NORM without death but will still having difficulty in finding a pt, HC or 8man won't even look at you.
    While farming RUDN 4man NORM, you will realize all you get is Evolve Obsession Theano(lack of dps set) and no scale/wrath drop for gear progression(unless you really lucky gotten gold chest + the RNG put scale in it, few weeks run and i saw it once only....).
    Tried to look at the gears from lower level nest like RDN or IDN, they are all red compared to Neris....so what's the point on getting those gears?

So hope anyone can enlighten the path for me to move on.

(note: i know i can farm gold and buy parts, which i did and already full set rudn yet still HC/8man won't accept pt...+ ftg limiting farming now~)

thanks and sorry for long text~

Buy unique rudn then upgrade to medea for a decent gear so people will accept you in nests

Comment

• dreadpin
      dreadpin commented
      Editing a comment
      please see note, i'm already in unique rudn but still hard to get in HC or 8man. set is in +6 to +9, and +8 mostly.... the last time i ask for pt...i get a smirk and question: "u r dps? lol" and thanks for respond
      as for medea...still in the progress of farming.... but sounds like nest is useless that way?
      Last edited by dreadpin; 10-25-2017, 12:20 PM.

you see.... rudn norm = not rewarding.... you get rudn set or even medea to get into HC/8man.... and what are the drops...scales and wraths... to craft rudn set.... oh boy doesn't that sounds like backward to me?

Comment

Get a good guild.
      Pubs will always judge you on your gear. It's a roulette type of thing.

Unfortunately, how well you pilot does not show up in your gear.
      So people have no choice but to gauge you on what's obvious - gears.

Guild will help you overcome this wall and you make friends along the way.

Comment

Well to be honest Rudn 8 man HC is extremely difficult and requires idn legend and gen accessories to meet minimum dps requirements; if you’re lucky you can find people who are willing to carry DPS but then you find out even if you have the gear not everyone has the patience and skill to work together as a raid group and clear the nest (in the instance that some people die you need to adapt and execute different strategies; if your team has conviction and confidence is the difference between parties that clear and parties that fail) but most likely those people are selling service instead.

rudn normal is piss easy because it has 1/10th the hp of hc so if you’re getting kicked from normal parties it’s probably because the lead 1) wants to get carried or 2) only wants certain friends to come or 3) wants guaranteed clear

at this point i recommend focus on learning good combat and find people who know how to raid, ask them to teach you, or find others who feel the same way as you and learn yourselves.

but you know that gear shows dedication in its own way, imo I would take someone who invested in idnl set but has trouble finding rudnhc team, because it means they went through the previous raid and spent the money to gear for new raid, versus some other player with hero Medea and complaining about not being able to find a team

Most important is to make connections with people, if you are a raid newcomer you will have to break into raiding, but you don’t have to do it alone. however the reality of raid is that it’s high pressure and you may need to change class or use a different character to fulfill the needs of a raid, usually for beginners without much gear they play support character like tank, healer, or debuffer and not their favorite class.

anyway it’s a lot of work for better gear and to most people it’s not worth it so they buy runs instead or settle with 95 unique and take it easy
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• dreadpin
          dreadpin commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for the respond, however the main question is why DN not setting the drops as stepping stone for game progression but to make it into a buy servicing runs?
          i'm able to clear rudn 4man norm with 2 of my friends (3man) but when it comes to HC, dps is slow and nearly 1 hit KO with Neris+20...
          rudn 4man norm not dropping any item to craft rudn set....so from here like a gap between cliff....we have to farm then buy parts from TH or buy servicing runs to get gear?

friends and guilds may help, but as stated for beginner/starter will stuck at a level....due to that gap need a hand from someone geared?

Are you talking about legend grade RDN and LDN compare to neris? Why they're red? Its simple . neris only got higher raw damage(p.atk,m.atk) than LRDN and LIDN , but still it lacks raw stats compare to Legend grade . So Legend grade will still over on Neris.

Also its not so simple to join 8-man HC RuDN since it needs coordination, sometimes you need to join voice chat in order for a smooth gameplay . Plus , It doesn't mean that if your geared , party will auto-join you, its not that simple . You still need to know mechs , know when to attack and when to stop. In addition , Unique RuDN is still not enough for HC unless you got some friend to carry you.
        Last edited by Reyisaki; 10-25-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• dreadpin
          dreadpin commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi and thanks for respond, not talking LRDN/LIDN(that's part of servicing run and we don't have the fortune) since my group just started few weeks ago(3 people)

Not aiming 8man HC RUDN as well, we just aiming to next step 4man HC RUDN since we managed to clear 4man Norm RUDN with 3 people.

Mechs all well learned but in 4man HC RUDN with just Neris +20 team dps is real slow...and human tend to make mistake when a fight prolong

We stuck here for a weeks not progressing... so end up farm and buy unique rudn set from TH...instead of farming the item our own

Isn't this being solved at the moment with the introduction of gear progression in 95 cap? No doubt it is not a fast route from start to end L gear, but it seems that the options are better now. L gear will always be difficult/expensive as end game gear.

I would as as usual recommend you to run with a guild instead of having to entertain parties which look for HDPS. If your guild has difficulty clearing, you could talk to geared players to see if they are free to help in nests. Of course helping out in Rune HC is more difficult as 1 player alone cannot make significant difference.

Parties which demand for gear better than their own are the worst.
        Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
        Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
        Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Hi mate,

since youre 3man party, im more than happy to help out 4man nest or if available i can help out with 8man raid (Rudn only lel). Just drop me mail ingame or let me know your ign and we can find suitable time for nesting. Indeed breaking the growth wall in dn is very hard.

Anyway, looking forward to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
          ErebusRex

Comment

[Shameless post] You and your friends can join our guild if you still have none . We do rune raids almost every night (but usually start past midnight SGT).

http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/comm...tional-players
            Last edited by PhiliaBomb; 10-26-2017, 05:09 AM.
            eDragons is recruiting! Click the pic to visit our rec thread!
            eDragons Meet and Greet

Comment

• dreadpin
              dreadpin commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah i even tried guilds but no luck in getting a good one, the strong one they had event themselves or not active
              i have been top contributors for the whole month now, but nothing in return by the way, what's the guild name?

• PhiliaBomb
              PhiliaBomb commented
              Editing a comment
              eDragons - http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/comm...tional-players

Hi, first of all good for you to have friends which willing to fight and grow with you. DN is not a solo game, so this would be an advantage for you. Following is some of my opinion about your issue.

"You need gears to farm for better gears", this rule applied for most MMORPG, including DN. Yes, +20 Neris could no do much, so your earning is low as well, but keep in mind that the costs to make Neris is much cheaper compared to Medea, and insignificantly compared to Legend gears. Therefore, although you earn less, but you uses lesser also.

About the path, as mentioned several times above, try to get more friends and possibly join a geared guild that willing to bring you guys into harder nests. As time goes, you know more and more friends, expanding your own relations and eventually you will reach to the raiding communities that might carry you through 8man HC nests and getting your Legend gears. Beware, enhancing L gears is hell, mark my words.
            "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
            - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

Here's our rec thread if you haven't found it already in the guild recruitment section: http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/comm...tional-players.
              eDragons is recruiting! Click the pic to visit our rec thread!
              eDragons Meet and Greet

Comment

maybe u guys got the wrong idea.... the main purpose of this post is about how to progress if 4 guys in Neris +20? rudn 4man norm cleared but HC too hard for just Neris +20.

I get it that friends and guilds are important, but why does DN need to be carry instead of able to proceed with your own group + skills? unlike other mmo, you clear a dungeon, you get a part/materials to craft next set items to improve yourself....but here i cleared rudn 4man norm all i get is junk? the materials for next set is drop in HC which need a carry or you farm and buy it?

Although thank you all for the respond

Comment

• vjdarktm
                  vjdarktm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think clearing RuDN norm now is just for the experience of knowing the basic mechanics to the raid and then translating them into HC when you're prepping to go into it.

However, Neris +20 isn't gonna cut it in RuDN HC (more so in 8-man). Another thing is that there are no options to progress from Neris +20 yet. They are months away if you've seen the discussion in SEA Future Contents Information & Discussion! [http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/se...cussion/page4] Look up comment #155.1. So far it's been on track so you're probably going to wait until next year to upgrade your Neris +20 further (going into Medea and to Calypse).

Gear progression isn't smooth or linear yet this patch (from Neris to Medea to Calypse) and seems to be catered to people that either have or can get RuDNU (upgraded to Medea) or RuDNL (upgraded to Calypse). If anything, I suggest you convert your RuDNU to Medea, farm up mats, and get it to +20 (based on the note you've said in your #1 comment).

• ceruulean
                  ceruulean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No offense but rudnhc 4 man is clearable in Neris especially with a full party

I used to have epics in 90 cap and revamped ddnhc only has 1 res (still does) and all of us were in epics and cleared in 40 min no death (party was saint, blade dancer, glad, sally) sally in this run was actually a random

Meanwhile some ppl complain saying you need rdnl to clear ddnhc 4 man and I just laughed at them

To make it clear, a full pt of rdnl clears ddnhc in 15 minutes or less but we didn’t care how fast other people do it. We failed many runs and tried again with anyone who was willing to run, and rotated playing support to learn mech

Idn 4 man was similar, many fail runs but we had a good time

Just remember rudn is 93 cap and designed to give 93 cap stuff, but now it’s 95 cap so volcano nest is the one you should be doing for relevant mats

Basically if all you do is focus on rewards and gear you will not progress as a player. The real purpose of Rudn 4 man is to help you practice for rudn 8 man, while getting a few mats and gold.

If dps isn’t high enough, check party composition to see if you have all debuffs. If people are dying too much, find a support until they stop dying. If gear isn’t no completely upgraded, then upgrade it as much as possible
                  Last edited by ceruulean; 10-26-2017, 11:05 AM.
              Working...
              X