How to make a police report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a police report

Hi guys basically customer support asked me to make a police report so i went to the nearest police station to make a police report but it was rejected as it was the gamemasters decision and that they would not entertain this kind of report. So what do i do now? Or what should i say to get retrieve back my dearest stuffs back?

Erm... why did they even asked you to lodge a police report? This aint even within the police's scope
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

In my country, If I file a "police report" about a "virtual game theft",
      The police would laught their asses off and throw me off the precint.

This is just EyeD rinsing their hands off of any responsiblities to help their goddamn players who keeps them afloat.

Comment

where'r you from?

Comment

• HayateX
          HayateX commented
          Editing a comment
          Singapore!

The police will not help you in this matter . They'll just laugh off and tell you " Stop playing and focus on study/Find a Job" . LoL

Comment

• lolixdonut
          lolixdonut commented
          Editing a comment
          that exactly my parents told me xD

ED is freaking dumb and lazy. This is their way of saying. It's not our responsibility, go f^ckurself.

I remembered saying that ED was doing a good job handling DN. I REGRET saying that.
        Last edited by imlouminare; 11-01-2017, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Before everybody starts to flame ED and etc etc , i would like to remind everyone that we are only looking at 1 part of the story currently exposed to, in addition, i believe ED/CC has their reasoning behind this issue that they were unable to recredit you back your items.
          i do not harbor any hate/ biasness towards HayateX , but it seems pretty suspicious that his/her account was hacked even after changing the passwords a few times. I also strongly believe the fault doesn't lies in ED because it makes 0 sense if the hacker would hack from the database ( i'm 99.99% sure ).
          From the game policy, it stated " 8.3 Links to Third Party Sites. The Service may contain links to or feeds from websites controlled by third parties (“Linked Site(s)”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Eyedentity and Eyedentity is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site or any information transmitted on a Linked Site. Eyedentity is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Eyedentity of the site or any association with its operators. Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) included within or available via a link from the Service or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. Eyedentity shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions."
          Since HayateX has been most likely fall victim to keylog, or related, ED is not responsible and not liable for the loss of items, instead reimbursing is usually done by goodwill/ or sufficient evidence from respective parties.

Furthermore, i believe the police would not turn down your request even tho if the matter might seem awkward/childish. Online account thief is still considered a crime, If a Singapore police station turns down your report, i strongly believe you can file a report to the local authorities.
          What ED/CC require is just a picture of the full report of the incident that happened before they can determine if the scale of the incident is legitmate or requires any further investigation.
          Since there are tracking restrictions and such, i believe ED is unable to tell if the victim is telling the truth or not, even if another person from a different IP address performed the thief, ED wouldn't know if it was planned or a legitmate hacking case. Usually what they will do is to ban and wipe the person who violated the TNC, but then again, if the stolen items was spent, or has been passed down to several players, it becomes even harder to track and therefore the safest way is not to reimburse any lost items.

To end this, you have your own responsibility to your own account, if you are hacked, the most you can do is the report it , but dont expect the company to compensate you the items back, take it as a lesson learnt.
          i'm really sorry for your loss, nor i have the intention to flame the ts, but i guess this is the truth and ED shouldn't be the only one taking blame for this.

Last edited by Chelly; 11-01-2017, 06:49 AM.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
          When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• ArvinALQ
            ArvinALQ commented
            Editing a comment
            "but dont expect the company to compensate you the items back" - but why FakeFury/FakeRaven got his FD items returned by CC when he got hacked? or bcz he is wallet warrior thts why cc gave it fast so instantly? @-@

• Chelly
            Chelly commented
            Editing a comment
            He made a legit police report with a softcopy emailed over to CC, thats why they made the call to return him back his lost items.

• ArvinALQ
            ArvinALQ commented
            Editing a comment
            i see good thing

this is a cybercrime right? Do we have a cyberlaw of some sort to protect our investments although, this are virtual investments. The time spent and money if your a spender, should be honored!!! by the law.

Comment

Working...
          X