Is Dragon Nest still worth playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dragon Nest still worth playing?

I plan to come back to dragon nest since I heard it was transferred to eyedentity. How is the game so far? because I was a dragon nest player at lv 80 cap and I quit dragon nest due to the class abuse and p2w. Last time, some classes were expensive to gear up and some classes can out-dps some classes with the same equipment and gold grinding took a very long time to get good equipment as I can only play up to 3 hours a day. Do these 2 issues still exist in the game nowadays? If there are other issues, I would like to hear about it. Lastly, as my title stands, is dragon nest sea still worth playing?

Hi, I believe the topic you are starting is subjective. It likely depends on how you view the game. I'll share my views on some points.
    • Class Abuse
      • Are you referring to class discrimination? If so, since the start of 93 cap, the gap between classes significantly decreased.
        • However, there are still classes which have good damage output and there are still classes which have low damage output.
    • Pay To Win
      • The game, in my opinion, is balanced.
      • The introduction of Genesis Accesories and Slayer gears are good example of end gear content achievable by grinding.
      • You cannot take away cash content from the game since that is how the game earns, hoewever, as mentioned above, the game is pretty much balanced in a sense.
    • Expensive Gears
      • Starting to gear is less hassle IMO
        • Neris Set is available on Blacksmith Shop for 25 gold per piece
        • There is also a growth guide which gives 93 obsession theano set
    • Is Dragon Nest still worth to play?
      • For me it is, but that is my opinion.
    Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

• yewray
      yewray commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment.
      • Class Abuse

o Ya, I was referring to class discrimination, thanks for clarify it. I played Raven at the lv 80 cap and it was very hard to find a party because people were looking for light party most of the time. Gearing up Raven is also much more expensive than other classes with the equipment price higher than most of the classes.
      o I assume the classes with the low damage output is the healer class?
      o Btw, how is the Raven class doing nowadays and what class is the most demanding as I want to be able to find a nest party easily?

• Pay To Win

o I haven’t started the game yet, thus I do not what is genesis accessories and slayer gears. When you stated that we can get them by grinding, how long grinding hours per day is it?
      o I also heard that they introduced a new FTG system where we cannot enter dungeon or the loot number just isn’t worth it once the FTG runs out. In order to replenish FTG, we need to pay for VIP or potion. This never happen before during lv 80 cap. If we cannot grind dungeon for gold, is there any way to farm gold?
      o I am not suggesting to take away the cash content and I am willing to pay a small amount of money as well. However, there are just too expensive to get good equipment by the time I was playing and everything that makes things convenient required cc such as the ms provided by wings and mount, backpack slots, warehouse slot. In order to get cc, I have to spend lots of gold.

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      Raven is in a good spot now, IIRC. If youa re planning for Nests, it is better to join a guild rather than go pub parties.
      Pub parties seemed to have evolved, they are now looking for "High DPS" which they judge by your gears. (Basically a headache.)

Genesis Accesories may take 3-4months to craft, tho they do not require every day grinding.
      Slayer on the other hand, may require you to farm every day. However, you need to take your FTG in consideration.

Chelly below gave a good response, also there are a few posts in the genral discussion or in guides section for FTG utilization.

Compared to 80 cap, I like DN now than before.

Originally posted by yewray View Post
    I plan to come back to dragon nest since I heard it was transferred to eyedentity. How is the game so far? because I was a dragon nest player at lv 80 cap and I quit dragon nest due to the class abuse and p2w. Last time, some classes were expensive to gear up and some classes can out-dps some classes with the same equipment and gold grinding took a very long time to get good equipment as I can only play up to 3 hours a day. Do these 2 issues still exist in the game nowadays? If there are other issues, I would like to hear about it. Lastly, as my title stands, is dragon nest sea still worth playing?
    95 Cap changed everything.

Equips are fairly easy to get now, enhancement cost is greatly reduced, and unique equips could be evolved from epic tier grade.
    However class balancing still have issues, class superiority still exists no matter how geared you are, you will still lose to some classes ( unless you're playing the best tier )
    Farming wise, since Slayer mode was implemented, FTG is sorta like stamina , and without FTG, you are unable to farm dungeons and slayer mode.
    It actually depends on which aspect of content you are interested in. If you're aiming for 8man hc content, it's easier to gear up, however time taken to complete your L set would take quite some time, if you're playing casually, i think it's not bad since the new contents such as hardcore and hellmode requires personal skills and team co-ordination.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      Chelly, whenever I see your sig... I cannot help but laugh LMAO XD

• yewray
      yewray commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment. I am glad to hear that unique equip can be upgraded from the epic ones, but is the enhancement lvl still the same after the upgrade? What is the best class nowadays and can you provide me a class tier list?

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      IKR HAHA , self drawn art is the best

no........

Comment

• yewray
      yewray commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you state the reasons why is not worth it to come back to DN SEA?

• imlouminare
      imlouminare commented
      Editing a comment
      poor game optimization
      unstable server
      fps drop everywhere
      lazy devs who keep recycling item designs.
      this forum is not even secure.
      poor customers service
      the community is not good for new players.
      ppl says its easy to gear now. well, its true, cuz they already have a ton of gold and materials for it.
      costume designer sucks balls.
      back then cc promotes the event well. [visually appealing ]. Now, ED uses outdated meme.
      Last edited by imlouminare; 11-04-2017, 04:24 AM.

• yewray
      yewray commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment.

bump~~~~~~
    Last edited by ArvinALQ; 11-04-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Why is everyone saying its easy to gear??!

No FTG= No Dungeons

No Dungeons= No Gold

No Gold= No Decent Eq

No Decent Eq= No one will party with you in Nest,Raids, etc.

And dont be fooled, Hero Neris set isnt viewed as "decent or even good" equipments. (Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against neriss but this how the Server view the Neris Set)

If you got Neris set= literally no one will party with you to go farming at DN/VN so you can get better equipments.

Only way to be partied in to go DN/VN is to get decent gears.

To get one you need to buy Unique RUDN from TH for 4-10k a piece and
      upgrade it to Hero Medea which will costs about 35k Gold just for the URuDN. (Upgrading to Medea Costs alot more Gold)

and with the No FTG=No Dungeon system, new players can barely farm gold
      Last edited by SpeedReign; 11-04-2017, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I would say Its still worth to play , tho I would say many player already quit , we still get quite few new players to come in .

Gearing is quite easy now , You can buy Neris(lvl 95 epic equipment) from blacksmith and enhance it and sometime after next patch , you'll be able to convert it to Unique . Running slayer mode will give u chance to get a slayer piece which is equivalent to lvl 95 +20 Legend gear .
        There would be always class complex in this game but it is still enjoyable.
        Farming gold is quite harder now as there's a new fatigue system implemented last patch which cannot let you enter dungeon without fatigue.

Comment

I'd say it's not, for very unconventional reasons: if you want to continue to support the delusional band of geese otherwise known as Eyedentity, and in turn the innately corrupt Korean MMO establishment, be my guest. There are several alternatives, such as supporting your local independent [M]MOG where the developers are at least half-competent, if not professional, at what they do, and actually care about you, which includes things such as, but not limited to: your security, your privacy, actually having a well-developed logging and archiving system, and a solidly accounted-for and reversible transaction system.

Comment

• yewray
            yewray commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your comment, tho I dont know much about the corruptions. Is eyedentity is not doing okay with dragon nest? I was thinking about returning to Dragon Nest is because I like its combat mechanics, I played other MMORPG before but nothing came close to DN combat with SEA server. I did enjoy Monster Hunter Online combat but the ping is too high.

• Riugа
            Riugа commented
            Editing a comment
            From a software developer's perspective, no they are not doing well. They have gotten increasingly unprofessional since the transfer, such as the email address leaks, unclear event guidelines, and sending bad data over causing all servers to temporarily go down today. Now this is one thing, but being reluctant to change is another. They do not try to communicate with you. They don't care about the fact that they're using static XTEA. They don't care if somebody made a send/recv hook to enable them to go through TLS without having to modify their source. They're downright delusional: a delusional band of geese, as I previously stated. And yet here they are, concerning themselves with multithreading the client for god-knows-what-reason. It's a premature optimization, and there's a high chance it will backfire on them as with many cases of premature optimization, like that one MMO development studio that suffered great pains to switch their perfectly-good servers over to IOCP, and saw a 5% decrease in performance by the end of it all.

And yet sadly, there are those who don't know any better and blindly praise ED for "trying to optimize the client", and to them, I say this: http://www.sandraandwoo.com/comics/2...-a-skeptic.png
            Last edited by Riugа; 11-04-2017, 04:32 AM.

Originally posted by SpeedReign View Post
          Why is everyone saying its easy to gear??!

No FTG= No Dungeons

No Dungeons= No Gold

No Gold= No Decent Eq

No Decent Eq= No one will party with you in Nest,Raids, etc.

And dont be fooled, Hero Neris set isnt viewed as "decent or even good" equipments. (Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against neriss but this how the Server view the Neris Set)

If you got Neris set= literally no one will party with you to go farming at DN/VN so you can get better equipments.

Only way to be partied in to go DN/VN is to get decent gears.

To get one you need to buy Unique RUDN from TH for 4-10k a piece and
          upgrade it to Hero Medea which will costs about 35k Gold just for the URuDN. (Upgrading to Medea Costs alot more Gold)

and with the No FTG=No Dungeon system, new players can barely farm gold
          If it is true, then what is minimum equipment in order to get into DN/VN and how much it roughly costs?

Comment

• SadisticEin
            SadisticEin commented
            Editing a comment
            He already stated it in the quote

"To get one you need to buy Unique RUDN from TH for 4-10k a piece and
            upgrade it to Hero Medea which will costs about 35k Gold just for the URuDN. (Upgrading to Medea Costs alot more Gold)"

If it is true, then what is minimum equipment in order to get into DN/VN and how much it roughly costs?
          well its from a personal experience when I transitioned from Hero Nerris to Hero Medea.

You need at least Unique RuDN or Hero Medea set to get accepted for Dragon Nest raids/ Volcano Nests.

I also came back to DN back in Sept 6 when they transferred and I got about 20k gold in my account from before I quit a year before.
          So I got to farm gold for 1 month before they implemented the No FTG=No Dungeon system so I was able to barely afford the Hero medea Set.
          Right now, I juggle between my alts trying to farm gold since I only buy CC for Inv/Storage expansions and not to sell Altea boxes.

Unique RuDN Set costs about 35k Gold minimum, and it costs alot more gold to upgrade to Hero Medea Set

Comment

Not for me. Most ppl want hdps(medea or above) if u look for pt at ch1. Neris gear(+20 set) can actually clear vn hc/limit break/sdn hc/gn hc if u are a agi class with good damage(rm/ass) and good pt members(finding legit exp ppl is hard at ch1 and even in guilds. A lot of ppl want to be carried) Vn hell needs medea.

Better to form your own perma nest pt). Ftg system now sucks.. no more spamming dgn for gold. Im just waiting for nov patch for neris to medea upgrade and will play again. Nov patch will make it easier getting to medea +20.

Comment

Not worth playing sir and yes, they do still exist. I agree with what other people here are saying. Those above and one more thing: Bugs. ED doesnt really know what the word "Patch" really means. From dungeons to skills to nests have bugs.

Comment

My Opinion = Not worth playing if dont have alit of free time and patience..
                Server only Crowded when theres new patch after fews days it will be gone due to hard to farm gold anymore No FTG = End of the Day because you cannot enter any dungeon to farm and your drop rate decrease significantly on nest if you are zero FTG.
                And you may tend to spend more money.
                Hero Neris Set is like for newbie they will not let you join party for nest except you found a good guild which have good members that will help you gear up. This is already a must inorder to speed up in gearing your char.
                Even if you play support they will not accept you if you dont have experience = my experience.
                No experience = discriminated. And you need to find 7 or 3 people if you want to be on practice mode and to tell you practice mode is not that easy too.
                There are a lot of lowballer on TH.
                If you can find cheaper its good if you are buying but if you are selling its really worst.
                It will take you some time get 1kG.
                And they Said farm slayer equipnent, really?
                It will take you forever eapecially if you are newbie.
                I tried more than 150 runs with I give all my tradeable shards to my RH but unfortunately it only give me 1 part and it not for my class so sad.

Im not sure if Normal/Master/Abyss have the same drop rate but i tried normal a lot of times it only gave hammer. i get the one part from abyss mode which is you need a healer or lots ofs potion or resurrection scrolls.

Their support really sucks. I've tried alot of times but its like they dont care. Their supp is still cherry credits.

It's lvling is not good anymore especially when you reach 90 cause it like you need to find RH for faster lvling. last time i dont care for rh because it was unli dungeon now i care cause its not. Mostly newbees change character after they get to 95 when they know their char is diacrimanated and not HDPS. And you will may dont lime lvling again due to new FTG which sometimes you only have free time on weekends.
                Last edited by lBlakesl; 11-04-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Adhelaida
                  Adhelaida commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just to clarify, Normal/Master/Abyss same mechs the only difference its the dmg you need and the dmg you receive if get hit, just need practice.

• lBlakesl
                  lBlakesl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks for clarification.

• SadisticEin
                  SadisticEin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gonna add to this, each difficulty of slayer mode have different amount of drops. Normal = 2 shards, Master =3 shards, Abyss 3-4 shards, x2 the amount if you have RH.

I would say that dungeon design, enemy design and difficulty balance is way better in cap 95 so far than the dreadful caps 90 and 93. It still has some things I don't agree with but everything is better, faster, stronger, and more cleverly designed than every dungeon and enemy from cap 80, that isn't a great achievement but yes it's overall better than 90 and 93 so far.

The problem is, good luck leveling and not getting bored because everything below 93 have it's difficulties removed and everything dies in one hit, this is a change that came with level 90. And there's a limit on how much you can play per day with the new FTG so you can't just speedrun the horrible part.

The new way to get gear is a tad confusing but it's less costly, less time consuming and with better pay off for the effort in my humble opinion. Genesis accessories are still in the "farm months for this overpowered garbage you don't even need because what you can currently get is more than enough for all the game content so this is just fluff to make you feel like you are actually better than the other peole but you just feel eternal dread inside for all the time you wasted and haha are you really gonna do this every cap?" area.
                Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-05-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you guys for all the comments, I think I will give it a try and see how it goes for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X