(WIP) Story time: Facebook stories compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (WIP) Story time: Facebook stories compilation

So I decided to compile these before they disappear because that will inevitably happen one day. Facebook is absolute garbage to browse now because they removed the yearly option so this is gonna take a while.

No reason, I just enjoyed them. We got to pick how the story progressed, they were really nice staff-community interaction and sometimes they came with neat original art. Click image for larger version  Name:	23331421_1156166601186345_1661177648905231390_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	105909

I will start with the ones of the second half of 2016 because those are the easiest to locate right now.

WARNING THIS IS OBVIOUSLY GONNA BE A LOOOOONG THREAD
    • The 8 Playas Chronicles (WIP)
    1. Ice Dragon Story (X)
    2. Professor K Remedial Class Story (X)
    3. Road to Salvation (Cleric and Academic Awakening Story: Commelina's Path) (X)
    4. Road to Salvation (Cleric and Academic Awakening Story: Edan's Path) (X)
    5. The Fall (Arch Heretic Story) (X)
    6. Divine Retribution (Arch Heretic Story 2) (X)
    7. To Hell and Back (Kali Awakening Story) (X)
    8. Hope in the Shadows (Kali Awakening Story 2) (X)
    9. Sealed in Ink (Black Mara Story) (X) (X)
    10. Death from the Shadows (Assassin Awakening Story) (X)
    • Choose Your Own Adventure (WIP)
    1. Dragon Nest Europe Anniversary Story (X)
    Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 10:23 PM.

Ice Dragon Nest Story: Teaser (source)

One year after their last heist in 2015, the 8 Playas, Lagendia’s most notorious raiders have once again pulled off another successful caper. Authorities can confirm this as they have once again left one of their signature notes behind to mock them.

These thieves claim to be vigilantes that steal from the rich and evil to give back to the poor. They have now returned into hiding and will most likely strike again in another year’s time – or will they?

Part 1 (source)

Edan answered a knock on his door only to find an old friend waiting outside. “You broke the rules, Kali. We weren’t supposed to be seen with each other for at least another year,” he said.

As the two friends looked each other in the eye, Kali exclaimed, “Good to see you too, handsome. I’m afraid this couldn’t wait.”

After the last raid, everyone involved agreed to lay low. “It’s only been one month! What’s so important that it couldn’t wait? I’m not listening to any of it,” Edan shouted.

“Not even if I were to tell you that the Ice Dragon has beefed up its security?”

“But that can only mean…”

“Exactly! Word has it that its security upgrade is due to it hiding something big and if my hunch is right…”

“It’s got its dirty frozen claws on some Hardcore loot.”

Kali winked at her old comrade before saying, “Looks like we’re bringing back the 8 Playas.”

Part 2 (source)

“What do we have to lose? Let’s do it!” Edan said.

“Well for one thing… Our lives?” Kali replied before Edan’s face turned pale.

“So ANYWAY, how are we going to contact everyone? Wait – what?” he said as he heard a rustling from the back of his house.
    He rushed to the location of the noise with Kali trailing right behind him. As he was about to turn a corner, Commelina along with the rest of the crew burst out from hiding.

“Hope you missed us, Edan! I always believed you’d say yes – unlike Angelica of course,” she exclaimed.

Angelica, the crew’s resident Sorceress merely scoffed in retort.

“Well… Now that everyone is here, I call this meeting to order!” Kali exclaimed. “As all of you now know, our objective is to get ourselves some Hardcore loot from the big baddy himself – the Ice Dragon. Does anyone have any clue how we get can get past the security? We’ll put it to a vote, but leave me out of it so that I can mediate fairly.”

“I say we storm in and crack some heads!” Xian, the crew’s muscle and Warrior said playfully.

“How about we don’t intentionally try to get ourselves killed instead? I heard that the Ice Dragon and his goonies will be attending the big pre-Halloween party in Saint Haven soon,” explained Angelica. “It’ll be easier to sneak in and out with barely any security. We will, however, need to split up so that some of us can keep an eye out for the Ice Dragon.”

As the votes were cast, there eventually were 3 votes for Xian’s plan and another 3 for Angelica’s. To break the tie, Edan’s vote would determine the next step.

Part 3 (source)

“If we’re going to do this, we might as well go all in! My vote is for some head crackin’,” Edan declared.

“Wait, you can’t be serious right? Have you even seen the Ice Dragon’s lair?” Angelica asked.

“I don’t have to! Come on… It’s just one measly Ice Dragon and a couple thugs,” Xian replied.

“Think again. They’re not just any “thugs.””

“I mean, it’s not like they’ve got a giant mutated beast and warrior on steroids or anything right?”

Angelica stared menacingly at Xian before saying, “Take whatever you just described and double the difficulty.”

With a worried look on his face, he faced the others and proclaimed, “SO… I’ve just decided to vote for Angelica’s plan instead. BUT the moment that her plan fails – which it most definitely will – we’re doing it my way.”

Kali then turned to Angelica and said, “Well… Now that we’ve settled on taking the safest route - for now - what else do you have in mind?”

“It’s simple,” she announced as she stood up, “The Ice Dragon and his goonies will all be at the Pre-Halloween Party down in Saint Haven, thus leaving its lair at its most vulnerable.”

The Sorceress then pointed to Edan, Kali and Commelina and said: “You guys are following me.”

“What about the rest of us?” Machina asked.

“The rest of you, led by Xian will have the important task of keeping an eye out for the Ice Dragon. If things don’t go to plan and it wants to leave the party before we successfully snag the loot, you guys need to distract it.”

“Unfortunately, we’ve only got enough gold to get one more thing to prepare for this heist…”

Part 4 (source)

[On the day of the heist…]

It had been more than an hour since Angelica’s team went into the Ice Dragon’s Lair, thus leaving Xian’s team to keep a watch on the Ice Dragon and his friends. He was just about to call Angelica to ask if everything was alright when suddenly the Ice Dragon was alerted about something urgent by one of his frantic looking lackeys.

Like clockwork, a hologram conjured by Angelica appeared in front of the members located at a party. “Things have gone terribly wrong! Commelina underestimated the explosion blast that she set for the vault and the resulting shockwave triggered the lair’s alarm!”

Over the sound of loud alarm ringing, the group heard her say, “We won’t be able to take the Hardcore loot we came here for, but if you can slow the Ice Dragon down, we may just have some time to grab something else!”

​​​​​​​Part 5 (source)

“YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!” Machina shrieked as her mechanical arm began gearing up.

The Ice Dragon faced her and said before turning into its dragon form, “You’re making a grave mistake, young one… UAARRGGHH!”

As its menacing roar shook the ground, it caused many in the party to scream in fear. This did not affect Charlotte though, as she charged towards the dragon and leapt into the air before plunging her lance into its abdomen.

“I’m not letting you have all the fun,” said Machina before she too delivered a blow to the dragon’s jaw with the force of a truck.
    “I don’t have time for this!” the dragon roared. While quite heavily injured, it still had the strength to flap its wings and send a mighty gust of wind to blow the Adventurers back before it proceeded to quickly fly away – despite the damage it received from Machina and Charlotte.

“We need to buy Angelica more time!” shouted Xian as he turned towards Triana.

Although the Ice Dragon had gotten quite far by now, Triana, the group’s Sharpshooting Archer lined up a shot with her bow and arrow. She pulled her arrow as far back as she could.

​​​​​​​Part 6 (source)

The arrow hit the Ice Dragon’s left wing which resulted in its difficulty in flying. With that fiasco over, Xian’s team made it back to Edan’s place immediately after they left the party. They waited for a couple of hours before Angelica and the rest made it back, but when they did, they were covered in dirt, smoke and bruises.

“What in Altea’s name happened to the lot of you??” Kali asked.
    Commelina cheekily grinned and scratched the back of her head when she explained, “That… Was actually my fault. I just wanted everything to go BOOM! But but… how was I to know its weak lair couldn’t handle it.”

“Needless to say, we were also caught in the explosion. You just HAD to buy those extra explosives,” grumbled Kali and Angelica, “It’s just a good thing that Edan was there to shield us from the blast and give us some medical care. Who knows if we could’ve walked out alive if it wasn’t for him.”

“I SAID I WAS SORRY!” cried Commelina.

All around the room, there were looks of dejection when the reality of failing to grab the Hardcore rewards. Edan sensed the awkward silence and attempted to break the ice by saying, “So what do we do now? Anyone still keen on having that cup of tea…?”

“NO TEA, EDAN!” Kali shouted.

“We’ve come too far to give up now. I’m not going back without getting my hands on that Hardcore loot,” Angelica stood up and said, “It’ll be much harder this time round, but I think this time…”

“We go with my plan?!” this time Xian interrupting her.

In exhaustion and shame, Angelica lowered her head and said, “Yes, Xian. Let’s crack some heads.”

Reinvigorated, Xian said, “This time, I’m not in it for just the loot. That Ice Dragon isn’t going to get a chance to fly away again and THIS TIME, we’re not coming out of it empty handed!”

“Umm… We didn’t come out of it empty handed,” said Edan as he took out what looked like cubes from behind his shield, “Because Triana’s arrow slowed the dragon down, we had enough to get these.”

Comment

• Chocorroles
      Chocorroles commented
      Editing a comment
      Xenocho thanks a lot! But don't worry, I assumed the chain will be inevitably broken as I won't be able to finish this in one day so I have just finished the index in the OP. I hope ED does something similar to this someday.

• Mantou
      Mantou commented
      Editing a comment
      Mantou passing on the message:

The team and I are overwhelmed with gratitude that you or anyone could’ve thought of doing something like this – let alone take the time to compile our stories!

This community’s support has always been the driving force behind why we do what we do as we’ve always made sure to take the time to read all your comments. While we are still saddened that we couldn’t continue to provide you with this content in DN SEA anymore, we are eternally grateful for the time we shared.

Just know that these stories will continue on in Dragon Nest Europe, so please follow us there if you enjoy what we do!

Love,
      nerdinskinnes, xoxo

• Chocorroles
      Chocorroles commented
      Editing a comment
      Mantou not even 5 hours into my day (yeah I should be sleeping but Discord and Stream are too distracting) and it's already made. I'm really glad this made you all feel like that, thanks and also thanks to all of those who took the time to plan and produce all of these events, pictures and texts. These were such a joy to follow.

I follow DN EU and in fact I was gonna drop their stories here too for completion's sake, specially because some are connected. I was happy to see new stories and art still done there even after transfer.

Proffesor K Remedial Class: Teaser (source)

With a second missing person case within the span of one week and all around the marshlands of Lagendia, the authorities are left with no other clues than a note found next to a pool of blood at the victims last known location. Authorities can now confirm that the blood belongs to the latest victim and it is believed that the note was left behind by the culprit known only as the “Swamp Abductor.”

The note only reads, “GET COMELINA.” Due to this revelation, the authorities will most likely resort to request the aid of Lagendia’s favourite detective, Comelina, also known by her alias, “The Academic” in their search to identify and bring the Swamp Abductor to justice.

As Comelina is currently being accused and investigated for ties to the vigilantes known as the “8 Playas,” the Lagendia Police Department has been apprehensive about requesting her consultation, but it seems like their hand has now been forced.

“With everything going on, it isn’t in our best interest to call her in, but our hands are tied,” said an anonymous police source. “We need her now more than ever.”

Part 1 (source)

It did not take long for Comelina to get a call – only one day since the Swamp Abductor’s message, in fact. Authorities reported of a recent abduction around the marshlands and their search for that person led them to find another pool of blood with a strange note nearby.

She rushed to the scene of the crime and when there, she was greeted by one of the officers on duty, “Why if it isn’t it Lagendia’s favourite criminal?”

“It’s the Academic to you,” she scoffed before the head inspector spotted her from afar.

“Took you long enough. We’d better move quick, because you’ll want to see this,” he said as they made their way to the pool of blood.

“We’ve run some tests and can confirm that the blood you’re looking at right now matches the latest missing person,” the head inspector said sternly when they arrived at the location. “This definitely looks like the work of the Swamp Abductor, but what’s new is this,” he revealed as he took out what seems to be the strange note that Comelina heard about earlier.

The note contained several incantations around what looks like an image of an Alpaca. “I’ve studied these symbols surrounding that alpaca before I made my way from the future. Individually these symbols mean nothing, but together, they symbolize a defilement of the natural order,” she deduced.

“Why in Altea’s name is an Alpaca in this picture then?”

“Speaking of Her, in ancient culture, they represented life and were sacrificed to Altea. But now that you mention it…” Comelina began thinking hard before her eyes lit up and then exclaimed, “The fact that defilement surrounds life in this image means that this madman may be planning to do something twisted and sinister with his victims.”

“That’s all fine and dandy, little missy, but where do we start?” asked the head inspector.

“It’s the Academic, and it’s simple. This cocky psycho is leading us to an alpaca.”

“An alpaca? How many are around Lagendia anyway?!”

“Does it matter at this point? We’ll go through as many as we can!

Get EVERYONE to chip in. We can’t afford to waste any more time as people’s lives are at stake!” Comelina proclaimed.

​​​​​​​Part 2 (source)

“Comelina, there are still so many Alpacas left to inspect. Let’s just move on to the next one,” said the head inspector.

“There’s something about this Alpaca that I can’t put my finger o…” Comelina said before she noticed something strange.

With her eyes drawn towards the Alpaca’s mouth, she shouted: “GIVE ME THAT!” and pried its mouth wide open only to find torn up bits of paper.

“EWW EWW EWWWW,” she squealed as she dug into its slobbering mouth to try and salvage whatever was inside. For whatever reason, it felt like the notes that she was trying to dig out were being pulled back from the other end. With all her might, she eventually pulled them out, but was flung to the ground in doing so.

With the Alpaca’s mouth now empty and wide open, unbearably loud screams bellowing for help started to reverberate from its mouth before a shadow-like figure crawled out.

Comelina got up as quickly as she could, but the moment it set foot on the ground, it then prepared itself for a jump and leaped into the air in the blink of an eye and away from her.

“Where is it going??” asked the head inspector hysterically.

“Wherever it’s headed to, it can’t be good,” she said. With the notes clutched in her hand, she desperately tried to find clues, but most of it had been chewed up earlier and is indistinguishable all save one.

​​​​​​​Part 3 (source)

Comelina decided to jet off to Saint Haven first. Off in the distance, she could see the Shadow Monster clinging onto the face of Goddess Altea's statue inscribing something on it in blood.

Screams started vibrating off of its dark form, “SET US FREE! SAVE US.”

The inhabitants of Saint Haven screamed while covering their ears in pain at the sound coming from the Shadow Monster’s body.

Why were there screams? What exactly is this monster? Many questions ran through Comelina’s mind despite the deafening sound stabbing her eardrums.

Clearly, before any of these questions can be answered, this beast has to be taken down first before it causes any more damage and havoc on the city.

​​​​​​​Part 4 (source)

With all that she had left, Comelina flung her last Big Mecha Bomb. Its explosion was the straw the broke the camel’s back as it completely obliterated the Shadow Monster into nothing more than dust. “Thank you for setting us free” was heard from its remains as the particles soon rose from the ground and into the sky.

As her gaze followed the rising dust, the face of Altea’s statue caught her eye. It now became clear to her that this monster’s purpose was to deliver a message to her and the citizens of this world. Written in blood on the face of Goddess Altea's statue read: “GUESS WHO’S BACK?! LOVE, PROF. K.”

“He’s back? How?” Comelina thought. All the dots started to connect together as she realised that he is the Swamp Abductor. “He’s always enjoyed his big entrances,” she said under her breath while gritting her teeth in anger.

Something sinister is brewing in Lagendia. With Professor K revealing his identity as the Swamp Abductor, this world is in more danger than anyone could have ever imagined. Knowing him and his sick mind, Comelina is sure that this won’t be the last time someone gets abducted again nor will it be the last time that a Shadow Monster appears too – that is unless he’s taken down once and for all.
    Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Cleric and Academic Awakening Story: Teaser (source)

Tensions have been on the rise in Lagendia since the madman, Professor K announced his return in the most daring of fashions. While Comelina has come out and assured the public that she’s still on the case, Authorities have shared their concern regarding her safety and as a security measure, they have requested her ally, Edan the Cleric to aid her.

As this poses a threat to the plans of those who seek to destroy Lagendia, the Authorities’ move seems to have forced their hand as both Comelina and Edan are now missing. After an extensive search, all the Authorities have found are a pair of glasses and a shield resembling the crest of the Order of the Clerics around the vicinity of where the duo were last spotted.

Where could Comelina and Edan be?

Prologue (source)

It began when a mysterious tip, which had the potential to take down Professor K once and for all, landed on Comelina’s doorstep. The nature of the information meant that she needed to act quickly and as a result, only had time to gather Edan to her side for back up.

While they knew full well that they could be walking into a trap, there was no way that they could be prepared for what happened next.

As they reached the coordinates of the meeting point, a ray of light shone down from above them. Before they could assess the what was going on, their feet began lifting off of the ground, and they were then sent spiraling upwards towards the source of the light in the sky.

“Edan!” Comelina said.

With the sound of the vortex that they were in howling in their eardrums, Edan could barely make out what she was saying.
      “EDAN!” Comelina shouted instead.

“WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS VORTEX!” she added.

“THANKS FOR STATING THE OBVIOUS! ANY IDEAS?” Edan replied.

She had to think fast. Whatever it was that cast this vortex can’t be allowed to get their hands on the both of them.

“EDAN! TAKE OUT YOUR SHIELD AND PREPARE TO BLOCK.”
      Edan lifted his shield up and uttered, “BLOCK WHA..”

Before he could finish speaking, Commelina raised her cannon and fired directly at his shield. The resulting blast was enough to knock them both out of the vortex, but in doing so resulted in them now separated.

With the two Heroes now helplessly alone and possibly badly hurt, their only hope of making it back rests in them finding each other.

The community has chosen to follow Comelina! Part 1 (source)

As she plummets to the ground after escaping the pull of the vortex, Comelina feels a tinge of regret for aiming such a massive blast at Edan’s shield. Her plan worked, obviously – but not only was she separated from him, but her glasses and favourite hat were also blown away from the force of the blast too.

“There’s no time for regret now,” Comelina sighed.

Quickly, she activates her Copter device and finds a safe place to land despite the great difficulty due to her blurry vision.

“Having a hard time seeing, Comelina?” she heard when she placed her feet on the ground.

“Who… is that?” she asked aloud. Who do you think spoke to her?

​​​​​​​Part 2 (source)

She turns her gaze to where she heard the voice, and despite everything looking blurry without her glasses, the person who spoke to her looked crystal clear.

“Arc? Everything else is blurry, but how is it that I see you clearly?” she asked.

“I see that my reputation precedes me. Anyway, you can see me clearly because I’m not here – physically anyway,” Arc revealed. “I’ve been watching you for a long time.”

“Watching a little girl for a long period isn’t creepy at all,” scoffed Comelina.

“Trust me; it was all for your safety. There is a great darkness in the world an…”

“I know. I’ve been trying to catch Professor K for a while now.”

“No - not him. While he does stand in your way, there is a greater darkness that grows stronger day by day. It was what summoned the vortex that captured you and when I felt its dark energies, I knew that it was the time to make an appearance,” said Arc sternly.

“Well, what do you expect me to do about it? I’ve gotta find Edan and get outta here, but I can’t even see right now.” She scoffed.

“I don’t see you going anywhere any time soon, Comelina. So what have you got to lose?" Arc smirked. He then raised his left hand and said, "I promise my dear, I will do you no harm. You will see again and in more ways than you've ever imagined before too,”

“Focus your mind to all those that you hold dear. Feel it. The light that you’re searching for… has always been there. Let it guide you.”

With a heavy heart, she shut out her scientific mind and accepted Arc’s help. The elf helped to focus the energies that Comelina was gathering and slowly, her vision became clearer.

​​​​​​​Part 3 (source)

As her dormant powers awaken, her body radiates a beam of light into the sky and parts the clouds.

Comelina begins panting as she feels overwhelmed by the power, but before long, she hears something in the distance.

Without any time to catch her breath, she hears something in the distance. “Arc, do you hear that?” she asks.

“I do,” he replies. “That beam of light has no doubt caught the attention of those who would wish you harm. Speaking of which..." he turned around and remarked, "They’re here.”

Hundreds of Shadow Monsters begin surrounding both Arc and Comelina. As fear in her heart starts creeping in, her voice cracks as she mumbles, “I… can’t do this without Edan.”

“Edan is fighting his own battle as we speak. He too has awakened his power,” revealed Arc. “But to get to each other, these freaks of nature stand in your way.”

​​​​​​​Part 4 (source)

All shred of doubt was stripped from Comelina’s heart. In its place, courage reigned as she strikes down all the shadow monsters with ease!

“I never knew that I had this power in me,” said the enthusiastic Academic.

Arc smiles and remarks, “With you there, our worlds look like they stand a chance against the Goddess Vestinel.”

“What about Edan?”

The elf’s smile suddenly turns solemn before he said, “The young Cleric’s power is a valuable asset to our cause. I do not deny that he cares very deeply for those around him, but it may lead on a very dangerous path. Take care of my boy, Comelina.”

He then raised his staff and weaved reality in front of him to collapse on itself. From the looks of it, Arc summoned a portal that then spits out a man to the ground.

“EDAN!” she shouts when she realises who it was that Arc teleported. Comelina runs towards the collapsed Edan and embraces him before waking him up by calling his name.

Upon regaining his senses, they both looked at each other and excitedly said, “There’s so much I have to tell you!”

“That… will have to wait,” Arc interrupted their reunion. “We’ve got some recruiting to do and we’ve only just begun.”
      Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Arch Heretic Story: Teaser

Are you willing to pay the price to save the ones that you hold dear?

​​​​​​​Part 1 (source)

Memories of the stern look on Arc’s face as he told him: “Be careful with these thoughts, young Cleric. Power always comes at a cost” were all that Edan could think of recently.

“What did he mean?” he wondered. Surely more power is the answer to defeating this great darkness that nearly captured him and Comelina not too long ago.

“Edan!” Comelina shouted. The young Cleric realised that his mind wandered once again.

“Are you alright? You haven’t been the same since we last Awakened our powers.”

“Have you ever wondered what use is all of this power if we can’t protect the ones we care about, Comelina?” Edan replied. “It wasn't too long ago that I nearly lost you. I was supposed to protect you, but I clearly wasn't strong enough. Even after the Awakening, I'm can't be sure that I ever will be - not yet at least.”

Concern filled her heart as she said, “I’m old enough to take care of myself, Edan. I meet danger on my own terms, but nothing is worth losing who we are in the process. Never forget that darkness creeps within the smallest of cracks.”

From within the shadows, a man that both Comelina and Edan haven't seen in a long time crept out. “You’re quite right, Comelina. I’m afraid that our old friend is filled with those sort of… Cracks.”

Whose voice does that belong to? And what do you think he’s talking about?

​​​​​​​Part 2 (source)

“Have you forgotten, old friend? If anyone can see the darkness for what it truly is, it would be me,” Ren answered. “I’ve felt it dwelling in my heart. I’ve had it control my very soul. But with my every being, I fought it - but you, Edan? You embrace it.”

“Have you gone insane? Edan is the best of us!” Comelina snapped. “Whatever you’re accusing him of – it’s not him.”

“Have you told her?” Ren asked.

“Wha…” Edan stumbled.

“Comelina, he’s clearly not going to tell me the truth. Why don’t you ask him instead? Ask him how close he was to the darkness just before he Awakened.” Ren interrupted the Cleric.

“Edan?” she asked.

The figure everyone once looked at in pride and admiration then hung his head in shame and turned around. He wanted to explain his uncertainty of this path to her – his desires for more power to protect his friends – but instead, he bit his lip and lifted his arms to summon lightning. It struck the ground they were standing on, which then caused a dust storm that blocked all vision and allowed Edan to flee.

“You insult me, young Cleric. Did you really think that theatricality and deception would work on me?” scoffed the Assassin.

“You’re on the wrong side, Comelina. What I’m going to do next is for the greater good and I pray to Altea that you dare not try to stop me,” he said before disappearing in a puff of black smoke.

​​​​​​​Part 3 (source)

Edan steps into the monastery and looks upwards to the ceilings that he once gazed at in wonder. As his eyes wander, his mind begins to do so too as it leads him back to the tales that the Elders would tell him of the valiant heroes of old. These men and women never wavered in their resolve – never allowed temptation to touch them in their fight for good.

A tinge of sadness filled his heart, followed by a sigh of relief when he realises that he will never be like those heroes. These moral laws of conduct are obsolete; he thinks to himself. They are no longer fit to combat the evils of today and if he is to protect Comelina and everyone else, he will need to become someone else – something else.

“There is no redemption for you, Cleric,” Ren smirked and said, interrupting Edan’s thoughts. “You were always so self-righteous, but look at you now.”

Edan stares at the Assassin in contempt. How dare Ren say that he fights for good yet chooses to stand in his way, he thinks to himself. He must do what he sees is right – no matter the cost.

“If you can’t see the light I wish to bring into the world, then you do not deserve to be in it,” Edan furiously replies as he raises his hand, ready to deal a spell.

Comelina hears this as she walked into the monastery. “The Edan I know would never deal with the absolute,” she said. “I’m here to help you. This person you’re becoming isn’t you.”

“On the contrary Comelina, I’ve never felt more like myself,” the Cleric says before he casting bolts of lightning towards Ren.

​​​​​​​Part 4 (source)

The Assassin promptly imbues his kunai with fire and uses them to parry Edan’s bolts – sending them to scatter at random around the area. In a blink of an eye, his retaliation was the start of a back and forth of attacks between the both of them, causing destruction all around the monastery. As the battle waged on, Edan grew stronger with every passing moment that he embraced his rage.

“BOTH OF YOU, STOP!” shouts Comelina. The feeling of powerlessness fills her as she watches the Cleric’s passion gradually manifesting itself in the form of black armour – slowly surrounding his body – even physically changing his weapons and shield.

She couldn’t risk attacking Ren without attacking Edan in the process too, but within a split second, the Assassin saw an opening and shot at him with a flurry of kunai. He was caught off guard by the speed of Ren’s attacks but managed to deflect the kunai – save but one.

That one blade that he didn’t manage to parry was now lodged into his left eye, causing him immense pain. Blood trickles down his face as he gouges the weapon from his eye socket. While his vision was obviously impaired, he manages to catch a figure at the corner of his remaining eye with a kunai sticking out of her abdomen.

Comelina collapses as her world slowly begins to turn into black. The battle stops as Edan rushes towards her, while Ren stops in his tracks, succumbed by shock when he saw that it was his blade that caused this. Despite the intended target being Edan and although it was from Edan’s own deflection that Comelina was hurt, the Assassin couldn’t bear looking at her like this – and so he fled.

Edan takes her in his arms, but with her life slowly fading from the loss of blood, it was too late – there was not a thing that he could do – no amount of healing could halt the inevitable. “I’m so sorry. This entire thing is my fault,” he says with tears rolling down his face.

“Being here was my decision, Edan,” she says while coughing up blood. With all the strength that she could muster, she winks and utters one last time: “Don’t forget about me just yet.”

As the smoke begins to clear, Edan couldn’t tell how much time had passed by now, but as the tears from his face begin to dry, he stares at Comelina’s lifeless body. His conviction is now clearer than ever. Justice will be served and he is going to be the one to deliver it – no matter the cost.

Comment

Kali Awakening Story: Teaser (source)

To some, death is the end. But to others, death is merely their next chapter.

​​​​​​​Part 1 (source)

The posters are pasted everywhere – on the corner of the street, outside her home and even in dark alleyways. Edan, the Cleric is now wanted man – a Heretic charged with taking the law into his own hands and murdering one of their closest friends in cold blood.

“The facts just don’t add up,” Kali thought. Can she trust what everyone wants her to believe? Either there is nothing left of the friend that she once knew or he’s in grave danger. If there is even a one percent chance that Edan’s soul can be redeemed, then she needs to hear it from the last person that saw Edan as himself.

She needs to speak to Comelina.

Through her affinity to the Realm of the Dead and by making use of a Ritual taught to her by Gaharam, her mentor, she can act as a bridge for the Academic’s soul to return – if only but for moment.

To initiate this Ritual, she will need to channel the memory of her.

​​​​​​​Part 2 (source)

With your help, Kali gathered enough memories to focus her mind’s eye on Comelina. Her call managed to reverberate through all the corners of the Land of the Dead for the purpose of the Academic's soul to hear her, but as she waited – and waited – nobody came.

“Why isn’t she coming?” Kali thought. Her heart then begins to race as she wonders if not just one of her friends is in danger, but two instead.

“Is something bothering the Star of Darkness?” Arc suddenly appeared as he spoke to her. He smiled and continued, “If you’re wondering how I got here, I heard your call.”

“First of all, that message wasn’t for you. It was a for a friend of mine and secondly, who in Altea’s name are you??” she asked in bewilderment and anger.

The elf smiled and said, “I know - I know that it was for Comelina – your memories that you transmitted of her brings back fond memories for me too.”

A tear trickled down his face as he was holding in his sadness. “My name is Arc and trust me, I come as a friend too. But if you’re looking for answers, you’re not going to get them this way,” he continued.

“What do you mean?”

“You know better than anyone else that there is a world beyond ours. If the truth of your friends is what you seek, then into the Land of the Dead you must go.”

Kali was perplexed at this elf’s knowledge of her friends and abilities. “Only the dead can enter that realm,” she replied.

“I’m sure you’ll find a way,” he said as he slowly faded into black.

If Arc is right about where she can find the truth, then not even death itself can stop her from protecting her friends. She must begin the process of preparing for the Ritual of Descent.

​​​​​​​Part 3 (source)

She made her way to the Boundary of Darkness and then began reciting the words that Gaharam taught her so long ago.

This Ritual was no longer about tapping into the memory of love, but rather about channeling the essence of the dead and mimicking their life-force. It would serve as payment for her entry into the next Realm.

As the chanting continued, a seal forms onto the ground. Arms made of pure energy manifest themselves from said seal, rising high into the air before slamming Kali back down – forcing her mortal being into the dimensional gate from whence they came.

Kali felt her life being sucked out of her as she successfully crossed into the Land of the Dead. The portal that led her into this realm, however, spat her out from a thousand feet in the air. Because the power to get here took everything out of her, she had nothing left – there was no way that she can make it out alive in this state.

The Star of Darkness, now like a star falling from the sky would now meet her end in the Land of the Dead. “How fitting,” she thought as she accepted her fate, closed her eyes and waited for her demise.

In the black spaces of her mind, the image of Comelina suddenly appears followed by the rest of her friends: Triana, Charlotte, Angelica, Machina, Xian and finally Edan. She realizes now that she can’t die here – they still need her.

“Focus on these thoughts, young Kali,” she hears Arc in her mind. “These feelings will make you stronger as I channel and amplify them into you.”

What did she have to lose? As she focuses on all of these thoughts, she feels a new strength come pouring into her. With new vigour, she then opens her eyes and watches as lightning emanates around her body before crashing into the ground.

Kali, the Star of Darkness survived and has now Awakened her dormant powers.

As she crawls out of the crater that she created from her crash, she hears the cries of a thousand souls coming from a distance.

Could Comelina be there? She can’t tell. Her presence still can’t be felt anywhere – but she has to try.

She runs towards the source of the sound despite being battered and bruised, but when she arrives, there was no Comelina – only ghouls the like she’s never encountered before. “GRANOM! GRANOOOOOM!” they wailed out as they rush towards her.

The newly Awakened Kali must now escape upwards and back to the Land of the Living – back to her friends.

​​​​​​​Part 4 (source)

Kali pushed her powers further than she’s ever unleashed before in her attempt to fight back the pull of the countless faceless ghouls below her. She manages to climb high above them before conjuring a portal that would lead her back to the Land of the Living.

Everything then went black and before she knew it, she opened her eyes to see herself in a desert surrounded by rocky terrain. The stench of death emanated from the ground, while the screams of a thousand dead souls – penetrating through the Land of the Dead could still be heard even from where she now stood.

She clutched her chest as she felt her heart being torn apart from the pain she felt from being here. She feels their innocent souls crying for help – seeking for justice.

While she still has so many questions left unanswered and friends still in need, her duty must start with settling the debts of these victims. Wherever she was, she knew that this was where she needed to be. The one they call Granom will be made to answer for his crimes as he faces the Awakened fury of the Star of Darkness.

Comment

Black Mara Story: Teaser (source)

There is a monster inside all of us, but who is to blame when it is finally unleashed?

Part 1 (source)

In a hidden alley in the town of Merca’s Heart, Kali had found the stone wall that she had been looking for. With three knocks on the wall and her whispering the words, “Furry Alpaca” to it, the brick that she had touched quivers and wriggles. Soon in the middle, a small hole appears, growing wider and wider and in another second later, she was then faced a massive room filled with books.

The back of her neck prickles as she can feel the strong presence of magic that is almost electrifying as she steps in.

“It’s been a while!” someone shouts from the other room. “How could I possibly help the Star of Darkness?” Angelica asks as she walks in while putting on something comfortable.

“You could always see right through me,” Kali confesses. “I don’t know if you’ve heard, but there were a couple of bodies found recently – murders – and rumours have it that Edan may have committed them.”

Angelica points at a chair to urge Kali to take a seat before she sat down as well.

The Sorceress looks her guest in the eye and asks, “You don’t believe that he did it, do you? I know he’s been accused of some horrible things, but he’s still our friend.”

“I suspect that there is more to these murders than meets the eye, Angelica. Don’t you feel the shifting of energies in the air? Something has changed – the balance has tipped somehow – and it doesn’t feel right at all.”

“Well, have your suspicions been confirmed?”

“That’s why I’m here. The wounds are not Edan’s MO - they were murdered in cold blood by magic,” Kali says in a serious tone. “I believe that if we can find the person who did this, we may be able to convince Edan that he doesn’t need to go on this crusade alone.”

A smirk appears on Angelica’s face as she looks at Kali saying, “If you’re asking what I think you’re asking, then yes. I’ll help you find out who did this.”

“What? Really? You’re not even going to quote me a price?”

“If we’ve learnt anything from our adventures together is that we’ve gotta take responsibility for the people we care about. If there’s a chance that Edan can be saved, I’m in – and besides, if who we’re looking for is a magic user, there’s no one better to take them down than me.”

She added: “For now, I’m going to stir up something nice for us to drink while I choose the best spell to get these victims for their help. You on the other hand need to do what you do best – summon the dead.”

Part 2 (source)

“Judging by the colour of your hair, I don’t suppose you’ve met a sad looking elf with a bird, have you?” asked Angelica.

With a look of confusion on her face, she replies, “Yeah, I’ve met Arc. How’d you know?”

“After this is over, we’ve got a lot of catching up to do,” the Sorceress said before she winking at her and breathing in deeply to focus. The air in the room shifts, the tingling of electricity heightens and her hair gradually turns to grey as Angelica gathers her powers to heights that go beyond anything Kali had ever seen her reach before. “Now that I’ve gathered enough strength for this spell, you may now begin with your weird voodoo.”

Although in shock, Kali grins at her and said, “I like this Angie – and by the way, you’re picking up the tab when we do” before proceeding to perform her ritual. With spiritual energy charged up, Kali focused her mind’s eye on the souls of the murdered to call them but unlike her past experience with trying to summon Comelina, these spirits actually answered her call.

From the middle of her incantation circle, a tiny mist manifests from thin air and slowly forms into an orb of light.

“Thank you for making an appearance,” Angelica said before she outstretched her arms and closed her eyes to recite an incantation that would lead the spirits to their murderer.

The orbs begin to vigorously vibrate and soon enough, they floated frantically around the room before speeding off to circle around the Sorceress and dissipating back into nothingness.

Perplexed with what is happening, Kali remarks, “Do we want to try that again? This can’t be right…”

“The tortured souls for the dead are not wrong. It is as I have feared,” says a mysterious voice.

Who could that person be?

Part 3 (source)

“I’m sorry for not coming to you sooner, Angelica” Arc said as he reveals himself.

“What have you been keeping from her, elf?” the Star of Darkness asks.

“The process of Awakening your potential involves magnifying the source of your power – in this case – Angelica’s connection to the energies of this world,” the elf explains. “While this process has made you stronger and more at one with these energies, it seems now – you’re unfortunately at the mercy of it too.”

Falling to her knees in disbelief, the Sorceress could no longer hold the focus of her power and reverts back from her Awakened state. “So – the spirits were right about me?”

“As we speak, your body is and has been feeding off the living energies around it.” With his face hanging in shame, the elf confesses, “As long as the energies of this world continue to fall prey to Vestinel’s poison, it is inevitable that everyone around you will be consumed by this power and soon – you will too as well.”

“This is my fault, Angelica, I should have seen this coming. I am so sorry.” he continues.

“You know what? I’ve always regretted not being able to pay Comelina back for her selling her precious ship away. She was so upset about it too,” she chuckles. “Maybe I’ll see her soon to apologise for that.”

These words shock Kali as she replies in anger, “What are you considering, Angie?!”

Slowly rising to her feet with a smirk on her face, Angelica reveals, “I’ve spent a lot of time focusing on what I don’t have, Kali.”

“It took me a lot of time to realise that it wasn’t anyone’s fault that I grew up with a life as tough as mine. I’ve spent too much time blaming silly bratty princesses like Charlotte for my misfortunes instead of taking responsibility for my actions.”

Kali rushes to Angelica but not before Arc holds her back to stop her.

“Maybe one day when you’re less angry with me, you will realise that I’m only taking my last chance to do what’s right before this thing takes over me…”
            “WE CAN FIND ANOTHER WAY!” Kali pleads with tears in her eyes.

Angelica proceeds to conjure up an ice barrier around herself to stop Kali and Arc from interfering, “… and also make sure that nothing gets in the way of you bringing Edan back.”

“ANGELICA NO!”

Within her ice barrier, the Sorceress conjures a tome of sinister energy from the ground – one whose energies begin scorching through her physical being. She pricks her finger to form blood, but before she could do anything with it, Angelica faces Kali one last time. “Tell Charlotte one thing for me – I never really thought she was THAT annoying,” she shouts through the whirring of the barrier.

Comment

Part 4 (source)

“That’s…” through the tint of the Ice Barrier, Arc catches a glimpse of the tome and his eyes begin to widen in fear. “…that’s Death’s Contract,” he continues with a trembling in his voice.

Within the Ice Barrier, Angelica feels rumbling coming from the outside. Cracks begin to show as a Spirit Warrior summoned by Kali continues to hack at her walls. The Sorceress knows that there is but little time left and proceeds to sign her name in blood with her finger.

Dreading his answer, Kali turns to Arc and asks anyway, “What do you mean by that?”

“It is a fate crueller than death. She plans to sacrifice herself by imprisoning her body and soul – forever,” Arc explains. At that very moment, a blinding light fills Angelica’s Ice Barrier. The ground then begins to shake, the walls of the barrier begin to have cracks and that light eventually escapes through its openings before the inevitable happens.

BOOM.

The deafening blast destroys the barrier and releases energy that destroys Angelica’s home too – her books, her favourite chair, cauldron – everything.

From the centre of the explosion, a dark figure that appears to be Angelica emerges. “That fool thought that she could seal both her body and soul in Death’s Prison,” she said while levitating in mid-air.

With some of her hair singeing off from the blast, some turns to grey while others continue to burn till shoulder length. She looks at what hair remained and continues, “Such a shame. She had such beautiful locks too.”

Coughing up blood, Kali clutches her abdomen and furiously asks, “WHAT ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FRIEND?!"

“That’s no way to talk to someone who just escaped death,” she replied. “I’ll have you know that I had to cling on to this body for dear life while your friend nearly took this down into eternal damnation with her.”

“BRING HER BACK!”

“I’m afraid I can’t, dearie,” she said with a smirk. “I’ve been desiring this moment for a very – very long time. Of course, I was planning to eat more souls before eventually corrupting her, but praise Vestinel the fool chose to leave me alone with this wonderful body.”

“But now that I’m finally free…” orbs begin to form from thin air around the being that now owned Angelica’s body as she said, “… You can call me Black Mara.”

“TEMPTRESS!” Arc shouts as he struggles to stand. “RETURN TO VESTINEL’S BLACK HEART FROM WHENCE YOU CAME!”

“Not when there’s still so much more to do,” she cheekily replies as she lifts herself higher and higher into the air. “And especially when there’s still so much more that we need from you – but all in due time.”

A tremendous wave of energy is suddenly emitted from Black Mara that causes Arc and Kali to brace themselves and in an instant, she disappears using a teleportation spell.

Under the weight of grief and physical pain, Kali falls to her knees in the rubble that was once Angelica’s home. Arc comforts her as she sobs uncontrollably, but as he holds her in his arms, the elf knows that this won’t be the last that anyone has seen of Black Mara.

Comment

(this is copied from DN EU Facebook page, where they choose to follow Edan during the Cleric and Academic Awakening Story instead of Comelina. His name is Ethan in EU)

The community has chosen to follow Ethan!: Part 1 (source)

Ethan slowly opened his eyes and realised that he was lying on the ground. The last thing that he could recall before blacking out was Comelina blowing his shield out of his hands with her cannon while they were both in that vortex.

With broken bones, no shield, no idea where he was and no Comelina, to say that the odds were against him would be an understatement.

As he fought the pain in an attempt to stand up, he heard a voice from behind: “That fall looks like it really hurt…”

Is Ethan in danger?

Part 2 (source)

He turned around and faced the elf. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Arc. I’ve heard so much about you,” confessed Ethan.

“I see that my reputation precedes me,” Arc replied.

“Arc, the elf of the Fallen Fruit. First member of the Anti-Goddess Faction. Word gets around.”

“You’re not the only one who’s been keeping tabs, Ethan. I’ve been watching you and Comelina for a while now,” he revealed.

“It’s one thing to be watching me, but Comelina is sort of a young girl. That’s kinda weird, don’t you think?” Ethan asked curiously.
                Arc blushed and remarked, “Look! It’s not like that okay. Trust me, it was all for your safety.”

“Professor K is merely the tip of the iceberg. There is a great darkness that looms over this world and it is growing stronger day by day. It was that very darkness that summoned the vortex that captured you. When I felt its dark energies, I knew that it was time that I made an appearance,” Arc continued sternly.

“Look, Arc. I really want to help, but I’ve really got to find Comelina first. It doesn’t help that I have neither the strength to walk nor cast a healing spell. I’m not strong enough now – and after this experience, I’m not sure if I’ll ever be strong enough,” snapped Ethan.

“You will be strong enough, but you’ll need my help,” the elf said as he raised his hands towards Ethan. “I know that you can’t move, but seeing as you’re a Cleric, this should be simple enough: Tap into the light, young Cleric and focus on those you hold dear.”

He was right. This shouldn’t be a problem for Ethan. He knew this process well and proceeded to confidently close his eyes, tap into the light and focus on his friends. Slowly, he felt stronger and could feel his body recover as Arc helped him focus that energy.
                With raw power surging through his veins, his desire for more – to protect everyone with any means possible was starting to consume him.

“STOP ETHAN. THIS WAS THE DARKNESS I SPOKE OF. DON’T LET IT FOOL YOU. FOCUS ON THE LIGHT.” Arc screamed.

As the temptation for more power is beginning to consume him, the struggling Cleric shouted “I’M TRYING!”

Part 3 (source)

While the internal struggle between the darkness and light raged fiercely within Ethan's heart, your support gave him the strength to overcome the temptation of evil!

“That’s right, Ethan! Don’t stop now,” Arc said as energy continued to pour into Ethan’s being. As the process completed the way Arc intended it to with Ethan's dormant powers awakened, his body radiates a beam of light into the sky that sends the clouds to part.

As he stood there panting and reeling from this new power, he said, “Why… Was it so difficult to focus on the light?”

Arc stares at the manifestation of Ethan's power and sighed a sigh of relief. “I can’t tell for sure, because only you know what lies in the depths of your heart, Ethan,” Arc revealed. “The power of light is strong within you, but be wary, young Cleric. The path to evil begins with the best intentions.”

Ethan listened cautiously to the words of the elf while fearing what lay in his heart. Suddenly, a rumbling in the distance caught his attention. “Did you hear that?” he asked.

“I see that your sense of hearing is heightened now too,” Arc replied. “That beam of light has no doubt caught the attention of those who would wish you harm. Speaking of which..." he turned around and remarked, "They’re here.”

Hundreds of Shadow Monsters begin surrounding both Arc and Ethan. “Whatever you do, focus on the battle at hand.”

“But Comelina! She needs me!” cried Ethan.

“She’s fighting her own battle, but fear not. She too has awakened her power,” Arc revealed. “To be by her side again, you’re going to need to mow these guys down first.”

Part 4 (source)

Ethan mows through the shadow beasts without even breaking a sweat!

“It shouldn’t have been this easy,” he said confidently. “But what about this darkness? I’ll need more power to combat it don’t I?

With a stern look on his face, the elf replies, “Be careful with these thoughts, young Cleric. Power always comes at a cost.”

“While your strength is needed for the fight against this darkness, don’t forget that you won’t be doing this alone. Your friends will be there with you too”

“Comelina…”

Arc nods his head and raises his staff.

Everything soon went black; Ethan could feel like he was pressed very hard from all directions; he could not breathe, there were iron bands tightening around his chest; his eyeballs were being forced back into his head; his ear-drums were being pushed deeper into his skull.

Once the pain subsided and he opened his eyes, he realises that he’s now in a different location and standing in front of Comelina. “Ethan!” she said as she hugged him.

“There’s so much I have to tell you!” said the both of them at the same time.

“That… will have to wait,” said Arc. “We’ve got some recruiting to do and we’ve only just begun.”
                Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

(A sequel of the Arch Heretic story posted in DNEU Facebook page to introduce users to the Arch Heretic. Wasn't posted in DN SEA page)

Arch Heretic Story 2: Teaser (source)

The beginning of the end took place here. Along with the death of his friend, the old him perished as well on the day his battle with the Assassin took place.

In this most sacred of places, that very battle strengthened Ethan’s convictions with every casting of a spell. As his convictions grew, so did black armour begin forming too – slowly but surely cloaking him completely in the Nightmare’s embrace.

As this new Ethan walked out of those ruins and left everything he once held dear behind, he made an oath to never make the same mistakes again. No mercy will be shown to those who threaten the lives of the innocent – justice will be served and he knew who would be the first to pay the price.

Where is he going?

Part 1 (source)

As several citizens witnessed him walking out of the monastery ruins where he left Comelina’s deceased body, it didn’t take long for the Authorities to deem him a wanted man.

He not only embraced the darkness within him, but also had to hide in it as well if he was to complete what his friend started – to finally put an end to Professor K.

The failure to eliminate him completely, thus giving him the chance to continue to wreak havoc on Althea’s citizens does not solely rest on the world – but the 8 Playas too – the group that he was once a part of.

If he was to honour Comelina’s memory and right the wrongs of the past, he will need to be the one to make the madman pay for his crimes against humanity.

Part 2 (source)

The journey to Professor K’s Lair was not a perilous one. It was, however, an eye-opening experience for Ethan. He encountered whispers and speculation about Comelina’s death as he traveled through the shadows – talks of a citywide funeral, anger towards Ethan and accusations of heresy.

“What did these ignorant fools know of sacrifice?” Ethan scoffed as he thought to himself.

Before he knew it, he was now standing in front of the portal that would lead him to the madman’s lair. There was once a time that he thought that he would be doing this with Comelina, but it is now clear that the weight of such decisions must be taken on him alone.
                  He takes a deep breath and walks in.

Standing on the other side of the portal was Professor K, alive and well but standing at a height that would tower even Altea’s statue in Saint Haven.

“I heard about the poor detective’s fate – such a shame,” said Professor K with a smirk. He confidently puffs up his chest to gloat and points to Ethan saying, “What chance do you have against me now, you heretic? What makes this encounter so different from the millions before?”

“There is no mercy for those who hurt the innocent. My judgment will be swift and fair – Professor, I will return you to the dust from whence you came!” Ethan replied.

Part 3 (source)

Even before he Awakened, Ethan had already wielded great power, and that power – combined with his inner Darkness was what would end Professor K that day before he even fully grasped the gravity of danger that he was in.

With confidence, the madman began their fight by hurling bolts of energy at the one he once knew as the Cleric. While the old Ethan would have just blocked those attacks, this new Ethan instead lunged at him to dodge and fling his shield right square at his gut.

The blow knocked the wind out of him as he fell to the ground gasping for breath – but Ethan was not done yet. While the shield was still in the air, he imbued a dark spell onto it, causing it to act as a magnet to draw Professor K towards it.

The professor clawed the ground beneath him – fingernails now filled with earth – trying to resist its pull, but his strength soon gave way and he was then lifted into the air and hurled towards the lion crested shield.

Ethan leaped into the air with arms stretched wide as he summoned Dimensional Gates all around him. “Rejoice now, Professor,” said Ethan. “By virtue of my grace, I give you the honor of atoning for your sins."

Now unable to move, Professor K wished to plead for mercy, but his words were cut short as countless amounts of spears formed out of pure dark energy shot through the Dimensional Gates and drove down through his chest. By the time the last spear hit, there was no longer any struggle.

As Ethan’s feet touched the earth, he proceeded to walk towards the professor’s corpse and stared at his lifeless body. There was no remorse in his heart – only justification as he thought of the countless deaths he prevented that day.

At that very moment, he knew that it did not matter what people thought of him because he was certain that Althea’s dream of peace could not be won with outdated moral codes. If for his methods, he would be deemed a heretic – the Arch Heretic – then it is a sacrifice he gladly accepts.
                  Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

(A sequel of the Kali Awakening story posted in DNEU Facebook page to introduce users to the Kali Awakening. Wasn't posted in DN SEA page)

Kali Awakening Story 2: Teaser (source)

After narrowly escaping an early demise, the newly Awakened Kali now wanders through the Land of the Dead in hopes of finding justice for the dead. She follows the terrifying trail of screams from Granom’s victims and after a long journey, she may just have found what she’s looking for…

Part 1 (source)

“She heard us! Finally, someone new to keep us company!” said whispers in the air.

While unable to see them, she could clearly hear them and feel the spirits’ presence. “New? You’re telling me that I’m not the first one foolish enough to follow the trail of your wails?” Kali asked.

A deep voice replies, “Well you see, lovely lady, ma’am. Notice how you don’t see anyone else here? That’s because they’ve either ran away or died trying to help set us free.”

“The name is Kali, the Star of Darkness – not lovely lady or ma’am – but you’re in luck, because I’m here to do the latter,” Kali said confidently as she put her hands on her hips. “Not the dying part, I mean.”

“HAHAHAHA,” a collective laugh of spirits was heard. “Look, no disrespect, young – I mean miss Star of Darkness, Ma’am – but bigger and better armoured men have either died in trying to take Granom down or left his Nest with their tails between their legs.”

“First of all, I’m stronger than you know.” In curiosity, Kali continues to ask, “and secondly, is this Granom person the reason why you’re all uh… dead?”

A squeaky innocent voice then speaks up, “He and the rest of the Childs chased our brethren away and while some managed to escape, we were unfortunately unable to.”

“Will taking him down finally allow you to rest and move on to the next life?”

“That is part of it. But if you’re really serious in helping us, we need to make sure that you’ve got the smarts to help us too, because you’re right” said the deep voiced spirit. “We need a hero that has more than just brute strength.”

“Let’s hear it then!” Kali said enthusiastically. “Give me your hardest test!”

The spirits proceed to tell Kali a riddle.

Part 2 (source)

“That’s… That’s amazing!” the spirits all agreed in enthusiasm. “We’re sold, Miss Kali!”

Despite feeling a little aggravated, she put up a smile anyway and said, “Just Kali will do. Now explain the situation to me.”

“It was one thing when Granom took our lands to quench his thirst for knowledge, but every year on the 3rd of November, he visits Rhadames and abducts our descendants for his wicked experiments,” said the squeaky voiced spirit.

“Why the 3rd of November?” the puzzled Kali asks.

“It’s his Birthday. That narcissist’s goal is to always top his last Birthday; and last year’s one on the 3rd of November 2016 was his proudest moment so far,” the deep voiced spirit explained. “You need to save the people he’s abducted and take him down because only then can we be free.”

“You can count on me!” Kali said proudly.

“Well then, let us help you get there!” said all the spirits unanimously. While Kali still couldn’t see them, she could hear and feel the spirits circling around her. As they continued to spin faster and faster, what laid in front of her started to become more of a blur.

When the circling started to slow down, the blur then became clearer as she noticed that she no longer was out in the open desert, but in a dark room instead. “I have a feeling like we’re not in Kansas anymore – wherever that is.”

This place was dark, but what laid in front of her were hundreds upon hundreds of pods that harboured people inside. While this shocked Kali, she knew that she had to compose herself to figure out a way to get set them free.

She looked around and found a keypad with a 6-digit passcode that could potentially release the victims from their pods. With some of the numbers faded out and scratched up, that could be her first clue, but what could this narcissist of a Child put as his passcode?

​​​​​​​Part 3 (source)

0-3-1-1-1-6

As she keyed in this code, a loud “BEEP” is heard from the speakers around Granom’s Lair. “That’s not too bad. A loud beep can mean anything,” Kali thought. Little did she know that immediately after, the speakers start blaring out: “INITIATING RELEASE SEQUENCE” repeatedly while the pods slowly open and the abducted citizens of Rhadames start slumping out of their pods.

“I stand corrected,” Kali cursed under her breath as she thought that she could still have stealthily taken Granom out after she got the abductees to safety.

Attempting to rise to his feet, one of them asks, “Where… where am I?”

“Don’t worry about that now,” Kali says as she picks him up. “I’m going to make sure that you get outta here safely.”

From a distance, loud and heavy footsteps begin to be heard approaching the main entrance of the room that Kali and the others were in. She looked around for an alternative route and found another exit where the others could escape from.

As she opened that door, the main entrance slides open as well.
                    “You’re not taking these lab rats anywhere, young lady,” a large beast of a man with horns said.

In her mind, Kali was slightly stunned with how eloquent this thing was despite its monstrous appearance. “You’re Granom, I take it?” she asked.

“I see that my reputation precedes me,” Granom said with a smile. “Be a dear and put them back where they came from and I promise that my experiments on you will be painless.”

Kali lifted her arms as to block Granom from going anywhere and glared at him before saying, “They’re not going ANYWHERE with you.”

She turned around and barked, “GET OUT OF HERE WITHOUT ME. I’VE GOT THIS COVERED.” The others nodded and rushed out through the exit as fast as they could.

“That’s the last mistake you’ll ever make, little lady,” Granom said while unsheathing his massive broad sword.

“I let what you said slide the first time,” Kali said while getting into a battle stance. “But the name is Kali – not little miss or little lady – and I’m going to make sure that my name is the last thing you remember before I take you down for good!”

​​​​​​​Part 4 (source)

For his size, Granom was very agile. In a blink of an eye, he charged directly and swung his humongous sword at Kali with killing intent. Its power destroyed the ground beneath her as Kali narrowly dodged his attack by jumping away.

“Have you ever wondered about how the people you killed feel about you?” Kali asked when she landed on her feet.

Smirking, the Child replied to taunt her, “I’ve never had a chance to, why? Those poor weaklings always die before I could ever manage to ask anything.”

“Well you’re in luck,” Kali said with a wide grin and her arms stretched wide to prepare a conjuring spell. “Here’s your second chance to ask.”

With a chant, the Star of Darkness conjures a seal beneath Granom, whereby arms made of pure energy manifest themselves from it. In panic, Granom tries to slice the arms but to no avail. He tries to escape, but the arms simply grab him by the leg, causing him to fall. More arms begin to appear as they rise high into the air to grab the Child too.

Despite digging his claws into the ground, he was slowly but surely pulled back into the seal from whence the arms appeared. When they finally had him where they wanted him, they pushed his mortal being into the Land of the Dead. Granom’s screams of fear and pain were deafening, but even that eventually faded into the nothingness where he will spend eternity in.

As Kali stood in relief that this man’s evil was finally over, her thoughts went out to the people she just saved today and the hope that the spirits can finally rest in peace. Despite all this, she could not shake the feeling of weight that she hoped she could get rid of. There is a looming darkness – that much she knows – and if she was going to be this world’s hope, she knows that she can’t do this alone.

Vestinel’s darkness is coming, Adventurers. Stay tuned and be ready!

Comment

wow nice choco now ill do alot of reading

Comment

Dragon Nest Europe Anniversary Story: Part 1 (source)

The preparations in Althea are under way to celebrate the one-year Anniversary of Cherry Credits’ journey with you, the Adventurers of Althea! This past year, we have not only faced countless villains and monsters, but also welcomed many new characters to our shores. While this year has gone by in a breeze, we couldn’t be happier that we have shared these moments with you!

Before we can get to the festivities, we’ve got to… wait, WHAT?! The Child, Gui has just been sighted! What’s a dead man doing in an Alpaca field? No matter! Let’s show this man-child that the Adventurers of Dragon Nest EU are good at making sure that the dead stay dead!

Part 2 (source)

Despite his bloody appearance and you giving him everything that you’ve got, it has somehow only made Gui even stronger!
                        “Your attempts at stopping me are insulting,” Gui confidently proclaimed. “Your year of weakening me by killing Vestinel’s creatures has gone on LONG ENOUGH.”

He then rises his arm to cast a spell that forms spikes of ice from the ground, “You’ll now watch as I use this body to freeze Althea into a frozen popsicle.”

“You mean that…” an Althean Archer from your party said before firing her arrow into the air. “… killing Vestinel’s creatures is what has been weakening you?”

A sharp pain is suddenly felt in the pit of his stomach. “WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?”

“I just needed to test out my suspicions,” she revealed with a smirk. “I fired my arrow into a dungeon filled with orcs and judging by the pain you’re now in, I’m guessing that killing them is what hurts you too.”

Part 3 (source)

Instead of getting stronger like before, the destruction of dark energies around Althea has caused Gui’s body to wither and break apart.

Before fully being destroyed, Gui’s head begins to tremble. A dark menacing shadow shoots out from the former ice dragon’s skull upwards into the sky, which then blots out the sun.

The adventurers present are blinded by the light, but as the figure slowly descends from the sky and its appearance begins being revealed, an archer from your party squeals in excitement saying: “AWWW! IT’S THE CUTEST CHERRY I’VE EVER SEEN!”

“I AM NO CHERRY!” says the menacing fruit as its feet touch the ground. “I am darkness incarnate – the tastiest evillest fruit of them all – a BERRY!”

As the berry begins its maniacal monologue, little does it realize that the sun’s rays reflecting off its purple body has caught the attention of a beast of debatably equal cuteness. A shadow is cast over the villain and the licking of the alpaca’s lips are heard by the time it realizes the danger that it is in, but is it too late for him now?

What will you do for the berry of darkness? Save it by getting it to safety OR allow the alpaca to devour delicious purple berry-goodness?

Part 4 (source)

Despite all that Barena has put you through, you decide to kick it away from the alpaca to save it from being eaten. Little do you realise, you have actually kicked it into a whole herd of alpacas! You stand and watch Barena get eaten and while hearing its screams of agony feels like sweet justice, that all changes when you notice the beast that ate the berry’s eyes begin to widen and glow a blue light.

The alpaca then begins to emit out a beam of energy before expanding and mutating. As its body breaks down into a meat sack with tentacles that begin grabbing surrounding alpacas into itself, you and the other adventurer step back to avoid getting caught in their reach. You narrowly escape, but the same can’t be said of the alpacas that have now formed into one single grotesque Alpaca monster.

What will you and your allies do now?

Part 5 (source)

“BEHOLD MY FURRY PERFECTION!” the alpaca monster roared. “It seems like a herd of alpacas was just what I needed,” said the alpaca head with purple berry stains around its mouth.

Squinting his eyes, the cleric in your party stares at the monster and asks: “Barena?”

“In the flesh and stronger than ever before,” Barena replies. “And unless you can step up your game, you don’t even stand a chance!” It is at this point that Barena and all of his new alpaca heads begin laughing maniacally.

“Soo… We’ll just need to take down stronger monsters then?” the Althean Archer from your party said before firing her arrow into the air and into a Nest.

A sharp familiar pain is felt in the pit of one of Barena’s stomachs. “WHAT IN VESTINEL’S NAME?! NOT THIS AGAIN!” it groans.

Adventurers of DN EU, while it looks like disposing of creatures in dungeons won’t work anymore, it doesn’t apply to stronger beasts in Nests!

If this game plan of clearing Nests works, this will certainly be the last time we’ll ever need to fight this agent of darkness!
                        Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Part 6 (source)

Enough of its tricks. Enough of its games. This is it, because as you move towards destroying the last monster in your attempt to finally be rid of Barena, its alpaca form suddenly emanates a beam of energy into the sky.

“Does it really have ANOTHER trick up its furry sleeve?” the Cleric groans.

Sadly, no – it didn’t, because what caused the beam had nothing to do with Barena at all. As the light parted the clouds, the cries of perished Alpacas reverberated in the air and out from the heavens, a mystical being of absolute beauty and mystifying golden brilliance descended.

This being claimed to be a God and for Barena’s insolence, threatens to destroy this world along with everyone in it!

“If anyone is going to destroy this world, it’s me!” Barena cries out. “Puny mortals, you can still have a chance to save this world if you give me the power to stand up against Fluffles.”

Out in the distance, with the wind and smoke blowing from behind him, the legendary blacksmith, Berlin emerges holding a weapon wrapped in cloth above his head. “LISTEN NOT TO THIS TREACHEROUS MONSTROSITY,” Berlin exclaims. “In my hand I hold the ultimate weapon – my life’s work – OUR salvation. Give me a chance! When have I ever failed you before?”

As the adventurers glared at his last statement, the blacksmith shyly replies, “OK fine – maybe that one time – OK FINE – those few times.”

It is now up to you Adventurers of Althea! With nothing left to lose, who will you put your trust in to save this world to finally get started on celebrating this Anniversary?

With our backs against the wall and with no other options available, will you power Barena up to go toe to toe with Fluffles OR trust in Berlin’s skill of crafting weapons?

Part 7 (source)

The community has chosen to trust in Berlin’s crafting prowess, and so with a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eye, the blacksmith whips out his mighty steel BUT… that smile quickly turns into horror as his life’s work breaks in half.

“I think I’ve you’ve gotta give me a little more time,” Berlin says as his hangs his head in shame.
                          Barena scoffs as he puffs up his chest and gloats, “So are we going to do this or what? I’m not going to get stronger on my own here.”

Part 8 (source)

“Are you ignoring me?” Fluffles asks as he stares you and your party down. “DAMN YOU, I WILL NOT BE IGNORED – Look at me – LOOK AT ME.”

“Uhhhh… We’re not ignoring you, my grace,” Barena replies. “We’re merely discussing how we can best lavish you with appreciation before you end our lives.”

“Oh,” the deity blushes. “Very well then. Carry on.”

Everyone huddles around the Alpaca Monster as a warrior whispers, “So how are we going to do this?”

Seeking redemption, Berlin responds, “Now I understand that my sword is in two pieces, but…”

“YOU’VE HAD YOUR CHANCE!” Barena interrupts. “Now this is what we’re going to do. Remember how using your measly mortal attacks never harmed me? Do that again by feeding your weapons into me so that I can get stronger. With enough power, I may just be able to defeat him.”

“What’s stopping you from trying to kill us again after you’ve defeated this guy?” an archer asks.

“Do you have any other choice?”

Adventurers of DN EU, this is it! The final battle is upon us!

Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Assassin Awakening Story: Part 1 (source)

After months of searching, the former Cleric believes that he may have finally tracked the one man that he blames for Comelina’s death. The assassin’s power may have given him an advantage in escaping his grasp before, but now that Ethan’s hold on the darkness has grown stronger, he knows that Ren is here somewhere – he can sense the stench of his presence.

Covered in a cloak to disguise his recognisable face, he speaks to 3 different villagers in this village who may just have the last piece of the puzzle regarding Ren’s exact whereabouts. Whose information is the most reliable?

Part 2 (source)

Ethan has chosen to look for Ren in the local inn. “What a dump,” the former Cleric thought to himself as he walked in. “I’ve never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.”

An almost deafening music that seemed alien to him played by a seven-piece band filled the room. While it is difficult for him to concentrate, he immediately notices a commotion in the distance. “WHERE IS HE??” shouts a man in dark robes as he holds someone up by their collar. That voice – it rang so familiar to Ethan and upon realising whose voice it belonged to, his blood boils and he calls out: “REN! You’re going to pay for what you’ve done!”

“Not this - not yet,” the assassin said under his breath before finding the nearest window to escape. He jumps out with shattered glass in his wake, leaving the Arch Heretic to chase him closely from behind.

They run past shops and street corners and before long, up north towards the hill areas. With Ren running before him, sweet revenge has never been so close. As he bursts his lungs in his attempt to get within range to use his whip, Ren takes out a remote and presses a series of buttons to activate a trap.

A cage falls from above and comes down on Ethan. With his hands on his knees and breathing heavily to catch his breath, the Arch Heretic stares down the Assassin who has his back turned towards him and shouts, “COWARD! How dare you not face me after what you did to her.”

Ren turns back to his old friend with a sadness in his eyes and says, “There will come a time when the both of us will have to pay for the pain we’ve inflicted upon the ones we love.” He hangs his head in shame as he walks away and reveals, “But today is not that day. This is bigger than you realise, Ethan, but there is an evil out there that I alone must take vengeance on.”

With his whip, he quickly and stealthily steals Ren’s remote from his pocket. It seems like the key to getting out of this cage will be to key in the correct 6-Digit passcode. With some of the numbers faded out and scratched up, that could be his first clue, but what could Ren’s passcode be? A date, maybe?

Part 3 (source)

With the code “261216,” Ethan opened the cage that was made for him. “You were always too sentimental for your own good, Ren,” the Arch Heretic gloated as he deduced the passcode.

Revealing his sickle hidden in his back, the Assassin turned back to Ethan and cautioned him, “Ethan, if I wanted you dead, I’d have killed you in that cage I put you in.”

“You’ve grown soft, murderer.”

“We were both responsible for what happened that day. This whole thing is better than you know and I’ve got a debt to settle, so don’t get in my way.”

Memories of that day begin pouring back into Ethan’s mind. Comelina’s death – his eye – all gone. The emptiness that formed in their absence begins being filled by hatred, determination and the ability to see the world and the evil in it clearer than ever before.

“Make me,” Ethan threatened before a kunai was thrown in his direction. "If you think you could take away both my eyes now, you're sorely mistaken."

With his lightning quick reflexes, his body begins to glow a dark tinge of blue as he parried it with his sword and continued, “I’m faster than when we last met at the monastery and now – it’s my turn!”

“Not if I can help it!” Ren said as he leapt into the air with his sickle, getting ready to attack.

With the roles now reversed, which ability should Ethan use to take Ren down once and for all?

Part 4 (source)

By twisting his body sideways, he narrowly dodged Ren as he came in to stab Ethan. The Arch Heretic’s newfound speed was something that caught the Assassin off guard and before he had time to gain proper footing, he found himself blocking Ethan’s heavy swing from above with his sickle.

The sheer force of the attack slammed Ren’s body to the ground. Despite his speed, there was no escape from the constant pummelling that Ethan was doing, with each strike causing Ren to sink lower and lower into the ground.

“I’m not your enemy, Ethan!” the Assassin said while holding back his opponent’s attack. “You have every right to hate me and I know that you want to kill me – “

The ferocity in Ethan’s eyes and his attacks did not let up. Just like their last battle, the former Cleric’s powers grew stronger with every passing moment that he embraced his rage.

“– but I didn’t want Comelina to die – “

Ren could hear his sickle cracking under the weight of Ethan’s attack.

“I was led to believe that within you was a great evil – but I was fooled into believing someone we both trust.”

The attacks stopped. Ethan’s eyes glowing red as he asked, “By Altea’s name, who was it?”

“It was one of us, boy scout,” he huffed from the exhaustion. “I swore to do good after what Illusion did to me and one of our own convinced me that taking you out was the way.”

With one final burst of energy, Ren shot a Kunai that knocks Ethan’s sword out of his hand and prepares to flash away but in an instant, Ethan summoned Dark Lightning to paralyse him.

Revenge. Redemption. Hope. As he laid on the ground unable to move, it all flashes before him as Ethan raises his shield at him.

“I will never know what Lunaria saw in you...” the Arch Heretic scoffed.

Closing his eyes as he can’t bear to watch it end like this, Ren slowly comes to terms with never being able to get his revenge on the person that instigated Comelina’s death.

“Don’t let it end like this,” the Assassin hears a voice in his mind. “There is still a greater purpose for you, but you need to get stronger. You are more important for the fight against the darkness then you know.”

Comelina’s lifeless body flashes into his mind as rage begins to fill his heart. “I will avenge her,” he says under his breath.

“Then let me help you. Focus your strength on desire and I will amplify that power. I will make you stronger.”

Part 5 (source)

He focuses his mind as this mysterious voice helps him amplify his power and a new strength comes pouring into Ren. His shadow starts taking on a physical form of crows and with eyes now wide open, they start pouring out of him. They fly upwards and blind the Arch Heretic, but a simple trick won’t stop him from completing what he came here to do.

With a mighty swing, Ethan lifted his shield before smashing it down and splitting the Assassin’s head from body. Justice came down upon Ren and decapitated him, but if Ren was right, then the Arch Heretic’s job is not done – he will get to the bottom of who convinced the Assassin to try and take him down.

He takes a deep breath and walks away from the corpse of his old comrade feeling satisfied that his quest is almost at its end, but looming from a ledge above a hilltop, a hidden figure watches on from a distance. As blue lightning surges around him and crows begin to give him his physical form, what seems to be the body of the decapitated Ren melts away into the darkness when Ethan is all but gone.

“You did the right thing,” said the mysterious voice again. “Instead of attempting to kill him again, you chose to use your enhanced abilities to flee. Why?”

“He’s just confused – I see that now,” Ren replied. “At least with him thinking that he killed me, it’ll give me some time to sort this thing out without the fear of one more person hunting me down.”

“You don’t have to do this alone. If you ever need me again, I’m just a thought away.”

“Who are you?” the Assassin asked curiously.

“You can just call me Arc.”

Despite facing certain death and coming out of it alive, the Assassin now takes his newly Awakened powers to claim vengeance against the one who tricked him into attacking Ethan all those months ago. Will we ever find out the identity of this figure? Can Ren avenge Comelina’s death? Will the Arch Heretic come face to face with the Assassin again?

Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-09-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X