Spec Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec Check

Can someone please do a quick check on the spec of my laptop and kindly advise me if it is outdated for Dragon Nest:
    Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
    RAM: 12.0 GB
    System Type: Windows 10 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 850M
    Hard Drive: Normal hard drive 1TB

I plan to do a minor upgrade on my laptop.
    I play DN purely for PVP purpose.
    Currently I can only play DN with low quality, low effect and it still freeze and hang once in a while.
    Base on above spec I feel that my processor, RAM and graphic card seem quite okay.
    I plan to upgrade my hard drive to SSD or maybe getting a better graphic card.
    Not sure what's the problem that is causing the freeze and hang.
    Upgrading which one single item on top will give immediate improvement in gaming?
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks~

It's a laptop, you can't just simply "gets a better graphic card".
    Check if your thermals are ok and check the health of your HDD, you shouldn't experience any stutters at low quality if those are keep in check.
    Upgrading to SSD will only improve your load time, unless your HDD is the one failing then yea it could eliminate stutters as well I suppose.

Comment

• Glerisa
      Glerisa commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ya i forgot that I cannot change the processor and graphic card for a laptop...
      How about upgrading the RAM?
      Actually I find the graphic card quite okay for DN still....but my laptop do heat up very fast nowadays (already using an external fan to cool it down).

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      Glerisa 12GB RAM is plenty, heat is probably the main problem now, CPU/GPU probably can't keep the boost clock up coz of the heat thus introducing those freezes and hangs.
      If you can get the user manual to that laptop and confident enough to pop it open, do it and clean the dust + replace thermal compound if you don't mind going deep, I usually clean mine once a year, you won't believe how much the fan got clogged up with dust, that's from my experience last time.

This game is poorly optimized, upgrading any parts of your laptop won't make any changes.

Comment

I somehow have the same specs as your laptop and when I have those freezing and laggy moments, I cleared all icons files etc on desktop, I even found out that :C memory is nearly full so I transferred all of my files @ my hard drive. So basically my laptop kinda became became free of all those crap. And when I tried the game It worked out smoothly.. Disclaimer: not a computer expert nir an IT student or whatsoever.. I just had the same experience and kinda found a simple way to fix the prob.

Comment

Using the highest specs of my pc and still giving me frame drops and never gave me 144 frames per second stability.
        At the end of the day, it gives out a lot of frame drops and according to the PR, they're aware of it, yet I don't see actions for every patch iteration so I don't know if they're really doing something about it or not.
        Siggy Under Construction...

GM of SolFuscus, McYongers - Moonlord/PVE

We are recruiting new faces and old faces alike in SolFuscus! Click here for more info!

Comment

even a gtx 1060 with a i5 8400 drops on 30fps on 8v8 pvp on this game poorly optimized ....

Comment

either buy a desktop or a new laptop with mx150(cheaper) or a laptop with gtx 1050ti/gtx 1050 or new ryzen raven ridge 2700u

Comment

mmorpg on ssd would be great ! less stuttering

Comment

Working...
              X