Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise Event Details

Copy pasting from the site: https://sea.dragonnest.com/news/notice/all/113
    Newer updates are posted at the bottom of this post.
    Surprise Event

Event Period: 13th March 00:00 ~ 9th April 24:00 (GMT+8)

Event Detail: Overall Amount of Altea’s Gacha Box and/or Aisha’s Treasure Box bought, rewards will be given by tier.

When the total amount of Altea’s Gacha Box and Aisha’s Treasure Box bought through the Reef Server reached each tier, player who bought Altea’s Gacha Boxes and/or Aisha’s Treasure Boxes more than 10ea will receive the rewards for the tiers achieved. Each time a Tier gets cleared, the next tier rewards will be revealed!

The total number of Altea’s Gacha Box and Aisha’s Treasure Box bought of the whole Reef Server will be announced each day at 18:00 (GMt+8) on our official webpage through NOTICE section.

Rewards:

Tier 1 30,000:

Pick one gesture out of the followings: Cowboy Dance / Kokiah Dance / Monkey Dance / Ghost Move

Tier 2 60,000: WILL BE REVEALED ONCE THE 1ST TIER IS COMPLETED.

NOTE:
    • The Promotion will start on 13th March 0000HRS till’ 9th April 2359HRS. (Event Calendar will be modified within this week)
    • Rewards are given per account basis.
    • Only players who have purchased at least 10ea of Altea’s Gacha Boxes and/or Aisha’s Treasure Boxes will be eligible for the rewards. Mixture of the boxes still counts: ex. If you bought 3 Altea’s Gacha Boxes and 7 Aisha’s Treasure Boxes and the total is 10 Boxes you bought, then you will still receive the reward once the total number of the Boxes bought by the server reaches a tier.
    • All rewards will be credited to all eligible accounts on 16th April 1800HRS (GMT+8).
    • Rewards will be collectable through Special Storage up until 23rd April 18:00HRS (GMT+8).
    • The total number of Altea’s Gacha Box and Aisha’s Treasure Box bought will be announced each day at 18:00 (GMT+8) on our official webpage through NOTICE section.
    • Rewards that are not collected and have expired will not be reimbursed.
    • All timings stated are in the GMT+8 time zone.
    • Any account that has been banned due to infringement of game abuse policies during the event or reward period will not be compensated.
    • Terms and conditions are subjected to change without prior notice.

There are a few things which make this event terrible and will not garner responses, which are highlighted in RED.

1. Hidden rewards lead to no motivation. Now, the first reason why Gachalicious in CC was successful and many players participate to hit the Gacha Box required was because we know the end reward and what they are going to get. In this event, we do not know what we are getting and ED has have a history of giving lousy rewards in events. In addition, the Tier 1 reward is terrible; how is there guarantee that the Tier 2 reward will not be something similar? This dissuades players from participating.

2. Rewards on account basis is a poor choice. Secondly, rewards are given account basis? If that is the case, each player will only need to buy 10 Gacha to qualify? This is not a good idea. Firstly, Gachalicious main draw was that each participating character (which buys the Gacha) could get the reward. As the known rewards were good, this motivated a lot of players to buy for every character. This easily led to each account contributing 100-200 Gacha. Whereas in this event, it's account based; if that is the case, each account will only contribute 10 Gacha... and I'm not sure if that's something desired.

Suggestions:
    1. Do not hide the Tier 2 (and any further tier) rewards. This motivates players to push to that goal.
    2. Have the rewards and eligibility to be character basis as CC did in the past. This is a win win situation for both sides.

Additional questions:
    1. It is not very clear which dates are the purchases counted. I am guessing that 30k Gacha box is required to be purchased between 13th March 00:00 ~ 9th April 24:00 (GMT+8) but it should be stated in TnC so that it's clearer.
    2. Do the Daily Sales Altea's Gacha Box Package count? (Added 12/3/18 8:48 PM)
    ​​​​​3. Also do purchases via DNP count? (Added 12/3/18 8:48 PM)

Closing remarks:
    DN SEA has a lot of players which are willing to top up and spend. You may have seen this during the 1:1 DNP reward thing. However, of course the reward for top up and spending should be worth it; so, try to improve this event to make a win win situation for everyone.
    (13/3/2018, 8:35 PM)
    The event has been updated and the ED team has addressed both issues highlighted. Thank you very much Tasha for showing that you do listen to player feedback. I cannot be happier to see that.

There are a few questions which remain unanswered:
    1. Do the Daily Sales Altea's Gacha Box Package count? - Counted (Link)
    ​​​​​2. Also do purchases via DNP count? - Counted (Link)
    3. Does purchasing Altea Gacha via discount coupon (50% discount) count? - Counted (Link)

Thank you and have a good day.
    Last edited by Xenocho; 03-23-2018, 06:16 AM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

When ED wanna milk SEA players, but do it miserably wrongly.
    Last edited by BananaCredits; 03-12-2018, 03:22 AM.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

If they wanna milk like CC, they will just make it per char, not per account .. geez..

Comment

Baiting users to buy boxes to see tier 2.

Comment

Meh, people will still top up or participate in this event regardless. Mark my word.

Comment

• Reyzha7
            Reyzha7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm pretty sure they will, but not guaranteed passsed tier 1.

• nvLite
            nvLite commented
            Editing a comment
            lmao 3000 active players for tier 1. Where to find that number lol

• Knee
            Knee commented
            Editing a comment
            Doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will only buy 10, some bought hundreds even if there's no event ongoing.
            I have a friend who collects mounts, that's what he finds joy in, he's a collector, depending on his luck for the fat cat tomorrow, he might buy alot.
            That's just one example.

• Rewards are given per account basis.

This is annoying when ED wanna get over 30k , each character and each account to buy the box is too much different.
            If ED wanna earn more money, why dont just reward give per character basis, and if you wanna hit target, please do compare between "account" and "character" which can be more easy get the way....
          Caption

Comment

It's ok if the next tiers are visible BUT NUH They want us to effin get baited by buying boxes to unlock the tier 2. But guess what happens next? probably 10 FTG pots or so LOL

Comment

Also, please be considerate for the rewards. It's such a turn off to see 5 Epic Powerstone as a reward on previous top up event. LMAO

Comment

*lauging in ip-banned player*
                My Characters
                Based on Date Creation

thanks to faustius for providing the job icons~
                Too lazy to update char list, maybe sometime i'll update it :v

Comment

this event has much lower interest from last gacha event in sea server. they take so long (1 month calculation) while last time only 2 weeks with high amount of gachas bought(even some extension prizes). the prizes shown don't give any appeal to get(only 1 of the gestures choosen??), then why bother to do the second one?
                  then they didn't explain if discount coupon or daily sales counted or not.
                  so many flaws and bad set ups.

Comment

I dunno but is it even possible to reach 30k altea top up with that kind of b*llsh*t reward and a hidden tier 2 reward?

Comment

1. Hidden rewards lead to no motivation. Now, the first reason why Gachalicious in CC was successful and many players participate to hit the Gacha Box required was because we know the end reward and what they are going to get. In this event, we do not know what we are getting and ED has have a history of giving lousy rewards in events. In addition, the Tier 1 reward is terrible; how is there guarantee that the Tier 2 reward will not be something similar? This dissuades players from participating.

2. Rewards on account basis is a poor choice. Secondly, rewards are given account basis? If that is the case, each player will only need to buy 10 Gacha to qualify? This is not a good idea. Firstly, Gachalicious main draw was that each participating character (which buys the Gacha) could get the reward. As the known rewards were good, this motivated a lot of players to buy for every character. This easily led to each account contributing 100-200 Gacha. Whereas in this event, it's account based; if that is the case, each account will only contribute 10 Gacha... and I'm not sure if that's something desired.

Suggestions:
                      1. Do not hide the Tier 2 (and any further tier) rewards. This motivates players to push to that goal.
                      2. Have the rewards and eligibility to be character basis as CC did in the past. This is a win win situation for both sides.

I also wanted to posted here about this event, but I was busy doing something else.It is also stupid not to reveal the rewards. I was also thinking of the same with the #1 reason why this is a shitty event. For me, it's also stupid to make it account basis. Surely, it wouldn't reach the mark that they want because each players would only purchase 10 alteas/aisha boxes for each account that they have. If someone would really want to reach each tier. A player who is rich AF would have to carry those who could only purchase 10 for their accounts.

Comment

• McYongers
                        McYongers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Please check

CCing Tasha on this one.

Hoping for change in event details
                      per account 10 box barely reach tier 1
                      Tier 2 just no chance

and LOL Half of people will wait till tier 2 unlock to buy the Altea /Aisha box which will lead to fail in event ...
                      Follow my Page for Latest Info on DN and Datamine info
                      www.facebook.com/JeezusDNSEA

Comment

A lot of ppl will still open these boxes tomorrow. Some of us don't really mind this gachalicious event, they just want the weapon for the Aisha Costume. The reward is just a bonus.
                        I would agree though that event-wise, this is sh*tty one.

Comment

Believe it or not even ranting post like this wont do shit to change ED's mindset the only way that will change their mindset is by not participating in it since they just only want dem $$$

Comment

Working...
                          X