Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why the population of crusader is so low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why the population of crusader is so low?

title title

Expensive as hell.

Comment

requires you to sell kidneys

Comment

They’re all males. All-male society cannot repopulate.
        Last edited by launcelot; 04-06-2018, 09:29 PM.
        We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

they aren't good enough to attract lolis, inquisitors got them lightningz so yeh

for the real answer, mostly because they are effective the more you gear them, because of their mixed stats (STR and INT) the class has the lowest attack power on any class you use, magic and physical attack power are halved, and to make crusaders more effective as a dps class, you will need to boost its attack power and light attack, boosting the STR and INT attribute alone will just be vague and requires continuous use of judgement power, but now that JP has shorter duration and longer cooldown, considering it has a 100% additive to its attack power proportional to your STR and INT, its much more powerful than ever.

Crusaders needs lots of stat boost, but after that, it could deal a lot of damage than flurry in terms of spamming the skills, no offense but spamming your abilities is more effective than waving around a spear with different skills and waiting for the cooldown of your "awakening active" skill to use that monstrous ability again.

same goes for sniper, ripper, shooting star, and other class that has cooldown reduction on their ultimates or skills depending on what skills is needed to proc it.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
            Mr.Shovels commented
            Editing a comment
            Some Class has the ability to reduce their skill cooldown when a certain condition is met, let's say for example, you used your main skills that deals damage, that skill is currently on cooldown, now, there is a passive ability on certain class mastery you have on your class that could let you reduce the cooldown by a fixed duration or by percentage whenever you use "this particular" skill and hit it with your enemies, some conditions just requires you to use the skill, others requires you to hit the enemies

• vangeodee
            vangeodee commented
            Editing a comment
            I get that part, what I'm curious about is the comparison to Flurry (seeing as it is pretty much a meta class atm).

I'm confused as to what you are trying to insinuate with that particular sentence, are ulti spammers with a cooldown mechanic better, or aren't they?

• Mr.Shovels
            Mr.Shovels commented
            Editing a comment
            that comparison is for DPS... don't think much about it, was just me talking to myself, i am a weird forum member so get used to it

Son, not every one can be hansum and fabulous at same time. No offense.

Comment

I never understand why people say crus is most expensive class. In my view, every DPS class cost the same to gear.
            zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• vangeodee
              vangeodee commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Back in 80 cap and earlier (jade era), Crusader could be considered the most expensive class to gear since you are REQUIRED to wear both INT and STR, and need insanely high enhancements to compensate for HP loss from not wearing lifevit.

Nowadays it's just mostly slot in STR, slot in INT, slot in MATK%, slot in ATK% and Light% and you're basically set and good to go.

Maybe a lot of people has already settled their main classes. It's not like people will job change to Crus only because he got boosted so much (maybe a few). Everyone knows gearing Crusaders in previous level caps is expensive so my guess is many avoided him in the past, and now that equipment is not transferable, I think most will stick with what they have.

Comment

i just wanted to add something as well... Crusaders once where a bit complicated class to use in the past, but you didn't notice it by now since you might be new, the population of crusader players increased by a small portion of the population, this is because of the revamp they have received, and also because they can now spam most of their abilities by chance, considering because of the "Divine Blessing" ability they have, for further discussion about the ability, you should google it yourself, or search it on "Divinitor's Blog" google the name of the site, and you're off to review the patch notes translated from KDN.

and 1 thing about why there are less crusaders, its because the reason is that players mostly misunderstood that crusaders deal such a low damage than the other class, they also have different perspectives regarding to how the skills animation looks, if they are cool, and also if its appealing to the player to use this class.

but one thing is for sure, zarathena is right, Crusaders aren't really an "expensive" class to build, its just that its a matter of properly using the class you play and making your own judgement after you have played it, that is what other players is missing.

Comment

• myon
                myon commented
                Editing a comment
                Eh, they were not that complicated to use back then.
                Their only problem was that, they had became a meme for being noted as a bugged class along with bugtillery.
                I don't know the changes now. But, back then, if you know your burst under DA + JP, you are a god damn GOD.
                I went to Dragon fellowship with my crusader friend as a partner, and they guy killed the dragon in 5 seconds, DAFUQ
                My Tempest equipment was not that behind in terms of gears.
                But dafuq it.
                I changed char to my saint, job class it to crus, and I became god too.
                Jk

• Mr.Shovels
                Mr.Shovels commented
                Editing a comment
                wow.... just wow

• myon
                myon commented
                Editing a comment
                All the glory to light meta

Simple enough, because Crusader's skills were nowhere near as good as Inquisitor's. His Judge Power buff was less useful in 93/95 nests, where there's a lot of time consuming mechanic and/or buff wipe. And his debuffs are less than sustainable.

v

After Inquisitor last revamp (Grand Cross, Holy Burst and less SP requirement), the gap became wider. There's little to no reason in choosing Crusader as he has lower damage, smaller AoE, and less burst potential (and if I may say, lightning is a LOT cooler than hammer).

v

After the recent revamp, Crusader has become a lot more viable (for new players) to use as a main. However, it wasn't enough to sway most veteran players as changing to Crusader would require them to practice Crusader's tedious rotation and spend more gold for additional Bear/Destruction talismans as well as a main weapon converter. Not to mention that another Inquisitor boost (LB/Detonate/LS + Striking/Class Mastery 2) will soon arrive in the next patch.

Comment

• Skyros
                Skyros commented
                Editing a comment
                DPS-wise in the current state Crusaders are in, stacking STR (or more specifically Physical Attack) is better than stacking INT.

• Mr.Shovels
                Mr.Shovels commented
                Editing a comment
                i don't know about that, Crusader should balance out Patk and Matk, and naturally when you gear up, your Patk is more dominant than your Matk since STR and AGI both combined increases patk naturally, as to where Matk is only increased by INT.

STR does not have any other good values other than increasing Patk and Cdmg, INT can both increase Matk and Cdmg as well as Mdef, and Defense is also a key factor into staying alive on nests.

Crusader's dps should be scaled and balanced, if 1 stat is lower than the other, his dps output will surely fall flat, considering both Patk and Matk when a skill lands doesn't proc critical hit, they are 2 separate variables that has separate dps system that triggers the critical hit chance.

• Mr.Shovels
                Mr.Shovels commented
                Editing a comment
                i don't know about that, Crusader should balance out Patk and Matk, and naturally when you gear up, your Patk is more dominant than your Matk since STR and AGI both combined increases patk naturally, as to where Matk is only increased by INT.

STR does not have any other good values other than increasing Patk and Cdmg, INT can both increase Matk and Cdmg as well as Mdef, and Defense is also a key factor into staying alive on nests.

Crusader's dps should be scaled and balanced, if 1 stat is lower than the other, his dps output will surely fall flat, considering both Patk and Matk when a skill lands doesn't proc critical hit, they are 2 separate variables that has separate dps system that triggers the critical hit chance.

I don't understand why people keep saying crusader is expensive to gear. I think they are probably the cheapest. All plates with bear/int are usually dirt cheap. Even the peaceful mind seal os the cheapest of all lbn accessories. The current unique jades provide monstrous amount of both atk and magic attack(other classes can only benefit from one of those). Because crusader stacks both bear, int, it is very easy to reach high amounts of crit damage.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                Mr.Shovels commented
                Editing a comment
                can i ask if the 2 damage type (physical and magical) are used ? and not just the highest amount is used (ex: MATK is higher than PATK, MATK is used on the skill)

• Skyros
                Skyros commented
                Editing a comment
                Both your Physical and Magical damage values are used for Crusaders. That's why they are the only class who has a hybrid board damage.

• myon
                myon commented
                Editing a comment
                Back then when doing perf potentials is a PITA, it was expensive af.
                But, yeah, even legend grade equipments now got all the stats in em
                Last edited by myon; 04-08-2018, 05:19 AM.

I am using a crusader as my main. people saying crusader is expensive, the cost to gearing any class is same, L jade is same price for anyone. But I think the requirement in gear for crusader to do some damage is higher than other class, not owing to class balance, because the PATK+MATK setting of crusader , and low skill board damage of crusader. all those requires a high gear requirement for crusader. the Damage gap from crusader in different level of gear is much bigger than other class, this is my own view only, might someone will not support it but is fine, i play crusader not so long but 2 year already, if u are still interested about crusader , might find me in game.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                Mr.Shovels commented
                Editing a comment
                they were thinking its expensive because it's not as much as effective without good gear, even with good light attack, it won't budge without a good attack power

• LordQuntus
                LordQuntus commented
                Editing a comment
                ye, like that. thats why many are saying crusader is expensive class.

Because Crusaders are cool, nothing else.
              It has low matk patk modifier, so you will always see the stat is very poor and low
              And yeah you need to invest quite alot, need str & int, up the crit and fd, and everything else
              You need to sacrifice something or two, or top up for extra slots and still lose a thing or two
              Either you really love to raise it, or just it becomes poop
              Just a Non-Hardworking casual F2P player.

Comment

Working...
              X