Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh wait. U mean now there's even Guild Poser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh wait. U mean now there's even Guild Poser?

Coming face to face with my very own Guild poser.
    Please beware of this scam tactics also which I think this is the first time I encounter.
    If you guys come across anyone claiming to be from AliceJAPAN and myself, pls verify with me in Discord or better still, read the below:
    1. I am too rich to ask for Gold.
    2. I only lurk in Channel 5 beside Stas
    3. The real AliceJAPAN Guild is the one im in. No posers can get inside.
    4. I posted this as a disclaimer to future possible misunderstandings with other Guilds, players or likewise.

Thanks !!!

launcelot hmmmm

God this is bringing scamming to next level lol. Although can be easily identified just by inspecting the guild, but most ppl dont do that.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      i really should just consider this as part of impersonation since it's abusing the illusion of the Arial font.

Except that it will be difficult to copy paste the guild name to test the validity.

It is usually a suspicious guild when they sk you extra requests that require you to join other non-DN groups or sign up in a different website etc.

It also puts a lot of question about a seller who will bring up that he's trusted because he's a member of a well known guild. It's giving me all the warning sirens on whether he's really scamming or not.
      Last edited by launcelot; 04-10-2018, 05:33 AM.

Man! I wish I got that confidence to say,
    I AM TOO RICH TO ASK FOR GOLD

Donate me some, please.
    Jk
    ~ Hurri can DANCE ~

Comment

i mean, dun you think its kinda scary if u think about it? You can suddenly have complete replicas of a char with identical Guilds and IGNs. Wow i dare not imagine.

Comment

just for clarification, as to why the real "AliceJAPAN" looks the same as the fake guild, it is because:

AliceJAPAN - Real
        AIiceJAPAN - Fake [ The A-L-I-C-E letter "L" is replaced with a capitalized "i" that turns out to look like a small letter "L" to which is " l " considering the font style ingame is ARIAL, as you can see the arial font is the regular font style used in many forums and web pages, this is why you should be very careful, considering there are fake IGNS and fake GUILD names, caution can be your last trump card when you dont want to be scammed, ofc if someone asks you gold, would you give gold to them? no, you deliberately give gold to others if you are rich.

*ahem ahem "deliberately give gold to others if you are rich" *cough cough

look closely, AliceJAPAN is a level 40 guild, with all legit informations, even the facebook page, if there are any newbies out there who are reading this, you are smart enough to visit the forums in consideration for knowing what's in it for you in the game and what dangers lies ahead of you, because scam is a danger.

Originally posted by NoinGundam View Post
        i mean, dun you think its kinda scary if u think about it? You can suddenly have complete replicas of a char with identical Guilds and IGNs. Wow i dare not imagine.
        it looks identical from when you look at it on a viewing perspective, but the letters cannot be the same, only looks similar in appearance because some of the font style of the letters as i have given an example above, looks like similar to another letter in a different capitalization.

they should change the font style of some letters ingame to prevent confusion to this issues and they should think of a solution or even just a prevention for players to keep on creating accounts and characters with imitation IGNs of famous players ingame, like BanmaBanma, Lorallite, iCeZsAkuRa (i don't know the ign, hoping im wrong) and other players.
        Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 04-10-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• nvLite
          nvLite commented
          Editing a comment
          *sees my IGN* ako not famous po sir

This is bannable offense.
        Just file an abuse report in 1:1 inquire with type: Inapproriate Name, let the banhammer strike on these fools.

Inappropriate Names
        DN-INP-03 Impersonation of a well-known or popular/guild for malicious purpose. Seven (7) days Game Account Ban Nickname of the player's character will be changed at the GM's discretion. Fourteen (14) days Game Account Ban & Nickname of the player's character will be changed at the GM's discretion. Permanent days Game Account Ban
        ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
        Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
        Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Thanks to MeshPolygon Already reported this bugger. I hope he gets some action whatever so as to discourage similar incidents happening to other people and Guild also.

OH btw I just remembered if you inspect anyone of AliceJAPAN, u can see under the Guild Tab info the Guild information and it will show u the GM name, which is myself. Haha.
          Last edited by NoinGundam; 04-10-2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• MeshPolygon
            MeshPolygon commented
            Editing a comment
            The world will not ran out of this kind of people. Always be prepared to deal with them.

• Mr.Shovels
            Mr.Shovels commented
            Editing a comment
            bugger? what do you mean?

• MeshPolygon
            MeshPolygon commented
            Editing a comment
            bugger slang a. a despicable or contemptible person, esp. a man.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha! Oooops sorry I really find this hilarious. I wonder what these people do for living in real life. Do they snatch someone else's wallet or shoplift in stores too? Or maybe scam people irl too. Probably, yes.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
            Mr.Shovels commented
            Editing a comment
            i doubt they can even do that if they are willing to scam ingame... by how they do the scamming ingame, you can assume that their personality is as grim as what they are ingame.

nonetheless, don't expect this person to be promising in real life, ha ha ha i am such a bad person i am actually insulting them , i might get a ban because of this XD

Vaddix This is not the first time this guy is doing this. He first got into the guild when he pmed me and says that he is Akorma66, my vice.
          Oh what the hell, I believed him and then one day, he put his "about me" as "Noin's sub"
          That was when some members asked me about him whether is it me and I had to log in and kick him out of Guild.
          Then after that, he created the fake AliceJAPAN Guild again and tries pm some of our newer geared members to try to entice them to go to some external websites, saying that he is me.
          Luckily my member saw me online and pm to verify, then asking me to go to Channel 1 to see for myself.
          Oh man...i am really at a loss of words

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
            Mr.Shovels commented
            Editing a comment
            they are desperate, for both attention and victims to scam, i don't know how they are keeping up with this... the longer they scam, the more their methods is getting annoying and obvious, most players have all experienced all sorts of scamming techniques from these noobs, it's time that they should be gone for good since they are all out of options besides making an imitation of IGNs, Guilds etc.

Keep the reports coming. Action already taken by the GM

Quote from Setsuna.F.Seiei
          "We're Celestial Being. We will eradicate conflict"

Comment

I want to say a very big thank you to both GM Ares and GM Mode for tracking me down in Calderock, verifying with me this problem and taking action to ban this impersonator within minutes.
            Thank you for the super efficient work !
            -From everyone at AliceJAPAN

Comment

Working...
            X