Scammer or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammer or Not?

I was in a middle of the rush this afternoon for a meeting then I was about to close my dragon nest launcher then someone PMed me about buying gold is Illegal. His/her IGN is : "EDGames". I was aware of the buying gold illegal thingy since I'm an old player in this game and always views patchnotes. Then He insist that I bought gold.

Im ignoring the man since I feel like there is something wrong. After few mins, he threatens me that if I block him, he will instaban me ASAP. That chilled my spine but I know there is something wrong.

I apologize because Im scared having my account banned. Then the thing happend.

He said that "For you not to get banned, hand over all your gold and send it to me ASAP. If you disconnect, ill IP ban you."

Thats the time I made up my mind to totally ignore this guy because I see alot of player get banned for something illegal then the GM's face to face ralk to them, not on PM but on a Party. Second is that I noticed that his IGN in chat doesnt have the green border behind there nickname in chat which represents an official member of tha game development. Third is that when I search the IGN of the player and its still Lv.1 sorce (not that strong evidence but still matters, GMs can change the log of there account as Max thou and as far as I remember, Edentity uses "Dentity" as an official IGN of there own, thats my guild said)

Sooooo what do you think guys? Im not accusing or something thou.

Happy Gaming !

Screenshots of the game will be followed cuz Im still in work and its freeeee timeeee xD.

​​​​​​

Please... don't ... be ...stupid... GM will never ask your login name and password ... or never pm you such kind of thing...

Comment

• TheDebiL
      TheDebiL commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry. Im new to this scam people thingy I wish ED will eradicate all of them.

Thanl you btw

Well you have common sense for ignoring that stupid scammer. If a GM has concrete evidence, they had just banned you without informing, without needing to do these such big effort to ask you hand out the gold. Also, official IGN for ED staff would be starting with "(GM)" or "(PM)" for Tasha, not this idiotic "EDGames". And ya, their chat would have special background behind the words.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• TheDebiL
      TheDebiL commented
      Editing a comment
      Im good at ignoring people thou xD

I noticed that too.

Thank you for the help ^_^

Ofc that's a scammer. If GMs find you doing illegal stuff they will just ban you instantly, they've got no use for your gold anyway. Tsk scammers are getting crafty nowadays.

Comment

• TheDebiL
      TheDebiL commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah there now evolving. Such scammers are monsters in the game. Hate them so much. I thought it was really the Ed at first

Thank you for the response

While I do not wish to discredit your post, in the forum these scam posts are becoming like a trend now it seems.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      Last warning, post or ban XD

• McYongers
      McYongers commented
      Editing a comment
      Delete Monika.chr XD

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      >os.delete Vaddix.chr

as people been saying, GMs will never ask gold or anything, smart thing is, "EDGames" is not a legit IGN in the game, it might be those troll IGN like 1234567 or asdgawz IGNs, i don't know why they are so desperate for gold.

Comment

Working...
    X