Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In game lag. Can someone please rate or comment on my specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In game lag. Can someone please rate or comment on my specs?

Hi. First of all, thanks for spending your time reading this topic. I used to play DN and now I am planning to make a come back. I am a pvp player and I really like 8vs8 respawn or captain mode. The thing is, I have bought a new laptop, the one with better specification than my previous laptop (or so I think). I have tried playing 8vs8 mode and it was lagging heavily. My internet connection was good. I'm not sure about my laptop's specs though. Is it good enough to run PVP 8vs8 smoothly? Can someone please help to clarify this to me? If the specs is not meant for DN, I can actually move on and stop hoping to play. If it is good or at least acceptable for DN, what changes can I make? Anyway, below is my laptop's specs.

Processor: AMD A9-9420 (7th Gen) RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C + 3G
    Graphic Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics (Integrated), AMD Radeon (TM) 530 Graphics (Switchable)
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    RAM: 4GB DDR 4
    Storage: 931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA)

One thing I notice is that my RAM usage when I am browsing through this forum and speccy was 83%. Isn't that quite high considering that my usage is minimal? I'm not sure about my RAM usage when I run DN. If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be very great and I will be thankful for that. Thanks in advance!

My laptop quite the same with your spec.. I believed the most important part is = RAM
    4GB is really low, I'm using the same amount.. and had to set all effects to "Low", and still have a few graphical lag (invisible skills option doesn't rly work.. it was better before August patch.. maybe something Ninja-Patched?)
    if you can somehow add more RAM, I believe your performance will improve (make sure your Laptop supports additional RAM, mine originally 1GB.. and I add another 4GB = 5GB.. but only 4GB can be read, lol)

Comment

• skybunny
      skybunny commented
      Editing a comment
      How do I know if my laptop supports additional RAM? I am planning to get another 8gb + already installed 4gb. The total should be 12gb. BTW, I also personally think that this is RAM issue since it shows a very high ram usage.

• xForgetty
      xForgetty commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, the shop owner told me when I was adding more RAM.. a laptop can only hold certain amount of RAM.. anything more = doesn't read = useless lol (yeah my laptop also usually have 90% CPU Usage/Memory Usage when running Dragon Nest.. heavy work)

but with balanced playtime/care (not playing too long), my laptop able to hold out hahah

your specs is awesomeness but why you are lag on it?

your item is very rarely specs

much better to have desktop rather than loptop

this is my suggestion to you dude iba paren ang gaming desktop hahaha!

Comment

• skybunny
      skybunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea. LOL. A lot of people have been telling me that getting a desktop would be a lot better with cheaper price but I got this one because I need it to be a laptop so that I can do my research with mobility. Now that my study is done, I'm trying to play DN again and having this problem.

Originally posted by skybunny View Post
    Go for 8GB and/or SSD if anything
    More than 8GB is a plus
    SSD is a plus
    Best of both worlds is great
    Siggy Under Construction...

GM of SolFuscus, McYongers - Moonlord/PVE

We are recruiting new faces and old faces alike in SolFuscus! Click here for more info!

Comment

• skybunny
      skybunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I am thinking of adding more RAM to more laptop. Anyway, may I know how SSD would be better than the hard drive that I've already have? Both are quite pricey and I think I'm gonna have to spend on the RAM first.

64 bit OS and 4 GB Ram? What a bad mix. 64 bit processes consumes more memory than 32 bit process. Given that DN is not the only one process running in your system, it must be a severely RAM-starved system. With Windows memory management, when you hit 80% of total RAM usage, it will start paging things out of the RAM to the hard disk actively. You are also thrashing your new hard disk in the process. You need more RAM . . .

But, that is a brand new laptop? If It is, it came with warranty. Depending on its warranty policy, you just can't modify anything in it, nor the replace SODIMM RAM stick. You might lose your warranty.

Btw, you're using the discrete graphics (the 530) and not the APU, right?

Besides, DN has optimization issues with AMD, as what was reported down in technical section. I am AMD APU user too. And I can say that it really has issues according to perf monitors (DN not fully utilizing AMD hardware but still lagging). You should've gone with Intel x Nvidia system.
    ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
    Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
    Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
    DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• MeshPolygon
      MeshPolygon commented
      Editing a comment
      paperjam I apologize for the reprimand, but I could not really tolerate that misinformation about the memory part. Whether you mean it or you're just oblivious to the proper infos. I don't know. I just felt the need to set it straight.

How come I know the the know-hows of this? I've studied this, researched on this, experimented on this, observed any observable behaivior it may exhibit at a given scenario. Or simply, I worked hard to understand it.

Based on what I've learned, you are leading the poor human to a wrong direction. To his/her doom.

Please be mindful of what you post. There are people that might be led astray.

• paperjam
      paperjam commented
      Editing a comment
      MeshPolygon are you lecturing me? the moment you've said this

"64 bit OS and 4 GB Ram? What a bad mix. 64 bit processes consumes more memory than 32 bit process. Given that DN is not the only one process running in your system, it must be a severely RAM-starved system. With Windows memory management, when you hit 80% of total RAM usage, it will start paging things out of the RAM to the hard disk actively. You are also thrashing your new hard disk in the process. You need more RAM . . .

But, that is a brand new laptop? If It is, it came with warranty. Depending on its warranty policy, you just can't modify anything in it, nor the replace SODIMM RAM stick. You might lose your warranty.

Btw, you're using the discrete graphics (the 530) and not the APU, right?"

deym! there a big no no on what your saying! how would i believe you?! "LAPTOP" - "DISCRETE" if your really smart enough you know what i mean! a laptop with a discrete gpu? oh come! are you insane? ahahaha where should he put the paking gpu on his laptop usb port? ahahahaah!

• MeshPolygon
      MeshPolygon commented
      Editing a comment
      paperjam sorry for replying late, quite busy. But now, what is the fuss over this 'discrete GPU' thing, in a laptop system? You're just jesting me again, right bro?

What's a discrete GPU? It's a chip separate from the CPU package that does a separate line of processing (solely graphics processing stuff), using resource from its own RAM(VRAM), and logic board. With these, it makes up the graphics subsystem. Some laptop uses the MXM(Mobile PCI Express Module) that interfaces the graphics subsystem into the main board.

If you haven't seen a laptop discrete GPU before, here's one:

*picture from Eurocom; Nvidia mobile GPUs.

But it doesn't have to be on the "top of a PCIe card, AGP card, PCI card, or MXM module that can be slotted into their respective ports" all the time to be called 'discrete GPU'. There are some modern laptop board designs that had their graphics subsystem embedded/integrated into the main board. It can still be called a discrete GPU I think, since the graphics processing and resources is still discrete/separated/not shared with the CPU. Or was it an onboard GPU now in this case? It's where the distinction between them becomes blurred. @_@
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 09-09-2018, 05:58 AM.

Only the ram part was bad, if you got 2 slots for tram try to add another 8gb im sure you'll be surprised from the huge performance difference

Comment

• skybunny
      skybunny commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend once told me that installing 2 rams with different values would be bad for your system. What do you think? Should I install 12 gb (8gb + 4gb) or just 8gb.

• Aocreion
      Aocreion commented
      Editing a comment
      Dunno where the info came from but as far as i know it wont do any harm to your system, im using the 8gb + 4gb ram so far i still havent experienced any problem

• Aocreion
      Aocreion commented
      Editing a comment
      Btw here's my specs just to give depth i also experience too many frame drops and extreme lag while im still using 4gb ram but after i add another 8gb everything just went crazy fast i can even run another game while dn is running

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U
      GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 840M 2gb
      RAM: 12GB DDR3L
      HDD: 500gb (200gb free space)

your rig is good bro, i owned a lan shop and my lan spec are more lower spec than your laptop and it could decently run dn smoothly, try to reformat your laptop, maybe a virus case or there are too many progs eating your ram @ the background......

Comment

• skybunny
      skybunny commented
      Editing a comment
      As hard as it is for anyone to believe, my friend suggested that I install Windows 7 for my laptop as it will run games more smoothly. I am considering that BTW. Oh yea I've read some articles that say that high ram usage could be caused by viruses. I am thinking of running ADW cleaner. Can you suggest another?

• xForgetty
      xForgetty commented
      Editing a comment
      What "ADW Cleaner" stands for? I'm using SuperAntiSpyware, if you need to clean spyware.. if virus, theres a lot of free AntiVirus hahah

I'm guessing that the ISP is the main antagonist on the LAG --packet loss phenomenon
    in most online games.
    Whatever device you are using the External/Internal memory has a chunk of beef
    in the blame game the fact of the matter is the LAG must be eliminated from the equation.
    http://dnmgame.com.tw/sea_sqdl/en.php

Priestess of Darkness THRONE OF ELVES

https://www.facebook.com/DragonNestMSEA/

WONDERFUL THEME PARK Store( Hero Synthesis)

Comment

I am overwhelmed by so many responses by you people. Thank you BTW!

Below are the screenshots of my ram usage, cpu and gpu while browsing and running DN. I notice that my ram usage is 95% while running DN. Any insights from anyone would be great

Comment

• xForgetty
        xForgetty commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, our of 4GB RAM.. you can only read 3.8GB RAM hahah (same case as mine).. try ask the shop owner/Laptop's careline if your device can add more RAM
        don't online too long and have a very good "Cooler", else you will burn your HardDisk just like me.. long time ago hahah (now I'm being very careful)

Well, I just read this topic... I play DN with much less than you

There is my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo E7200 2.53 Ghz 2 CPU
      GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 210 1gb DDR3
      RAM: 3GB DDR2 667 Mhz (2,75GB usable)
      HDD: ST3400832A ATA 400GB (290GB free space)

i play DN with that specs and I play well, of course with all the graphics at the minimum Imagine that, if I play with this you should be able to play much better than me, Greetings
      Yung Venuz bless you

Comment

Originally posted by GXSCC View Post
        Well, I just read this topic... I play DN with much less than you

There is my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo E7200 2.53 Ghz 2 CPU
        GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 210 1gb DDR3
        RAM: 3GB DDR2 667 Mhz (2,75GB usable)
        HDD: ST3400832A ATA 400GB (290GB free space)

i play DN with that specs and I play well, of course with all the graphics at the minimum Imagine that, if I play with this you should be able to play much better than me, Greetings
        oh wow. I can't believe this. Why am I lagging then...? is it entirely because of the OS? Now I am very tempted to install windows 7.

Comment

• GXSCC
          GXSCC commented
          Editing a comment
          no, it's not for the OS, it may be for the compatibility of the hardware with the game, there are many who play with AMD processors and GPUs that play well, as there are also people with Intel processors and Nvidia GPU that go through the same thing as you

• skybunny
          skybunny commented
          Editing a comment
          So my AMD processors and graphic card might not be compatible with the game? is that what you think it is?...

The OS from WinXP or Win7(64bit) has a bad rep of compatibility with the NVIDIA7600 (128bit) VGC
        if only WIN would integrate a solid OS that would harmonize compatibility with a portable WINdows Video Graphic Card.
        Specs can give way to a better gaming experience.
        http://dnmgame.com.tw/sea_sqdl/en.php

Priestess of Darkness THRONE OF ELVES

https://www.facebook.com/DragonNestMSEA/

WONDERFUL THEME PARK Store( Hero Synthesis)

Comment

• BananaCredits
          BananaCredits commented
          Editing a comment
          This guy comes from 2006

Just wondering, how many antivirus do you have in your laptop? Having more than one antivirus is not really a good idea, it can make your PC really slow even to the point where opening your laptop takes a long time. I know some people who have better laptops than mine but the performance is degraded by too much antivirus installed in their systems (mcafee, windows def, avira altogether running in background)

Comment

250gb SSD + 3TB HDD is enough for me.
          16gb memory is wao, but i have it.
          R9 series are good enough for me.
          Any proci made 2016 onwards are really good to me.
          1 Antivirus such as Kaspersky or ESS is good enough for me.
          Windows 10 don't have issues with me.
          Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• ELpatron50
            ELpatron50 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think all this specs is confusing, the real factor is the VGC NVIDIA a peripheral?
            and it's performance in OS WinXP/Win7 does this FPS packet loss cause LAG
            in your game.

BananaCredits what about 2006?

Originally posted by skybunny View Post
          Hi. First of all, thanks for spending your time reading this topic. I used to play DN and now I am planning to make a come back. I am a pvp player and I really like 8vs8 respawn or captain mode. The thing is, I have bought a new laptop, the one with better specification than my previous laptop (or so I think). I have tried playing 8vs8 mode and it was lagging heavily. My internet connection was good. I'm not sure about my laptop's specs though. Is it good enough to run PVP 8vs8 smoothly? Can someone please help to clarify this to me? If the specs is not meant for DN, I can actually move on and stop hoping to play. If it is good or at least acceptable for DN, what changes can I make? Anyway, below is my laptop's specs.

Processor: AMD A9-9420 (7th Gen) RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C + 3G
          Graphic Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics (Integrated), AMD Radeon (TM) 530 Graphics (Switchable)
          Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
          Storage: 931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA)

One thing I notice is that my RAM usage when I am browsing through this forum and speccy was 83%. Isn't that quite high considering that my usage is minimal? I'm not sure about my RAM usage when I run DN. If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be very great and I will be thankful for that. Thanks in advance!
          Integrated GPUs perform much less than external GPUs, in other words, they are weaker than separate or external GPUs.
          So, I don't think Radeon TM 530 integrated GPU can handle DN at full high graphics settings. Try to set your DN graphics at normal to low and see how it goes.

As to your concern about your RAMs usage at 83%, I dont think its an issue. It means you still have 17% RAM to spare.
          Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
          BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

• ELpatron50
            ELpatron50 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is absolutely BS BananaCredits ExGPU is another SCAM this Bandidos de baixa vida implementados para extorquir o bom do consumidor de sua subsistência.

• BananaCredits
            BananaCredits commented
            Editing a comment
            do que você está falando? você não sabe nada
        Working...
        X