Consistent Sudden Loss / Gain in attack and movement speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent Sudden Loss / Gain in attack and movement speed

Okay first off before I start the main topic, I have a very important thing to point out:
    I registered this account just now, upon receiving the activation mail in gmail, which was initially placed in spams detected by Gmail algorithm, I took it out of spam and clicked on the link provided.
    And now the browser starts lagging from times to times. DN sea please go check if your website has been infected by virus or compromised or something, this is not feeling right. Please.
    Even now when I am typing I have to tolerate some lagging, but things can be worse than lags.

Now the main topic.
    Is it only me or all Artilleries or all Archers or in fact all players?
    I am playing Artillery, with full epic costume including wings, and calypse shoes, all of which mentioned increase movement speed, which I am not very sure if it includes attack speed, but I don't think so.
    However, when I am playing dungeon or nest or in instance field, I experience very different attack speed / movement speed from times to times.
    It is definitely not because of some buff or debuff because I cannot see any buff/debuff under my Mana bar when the event triggers. What's more, when I am just inside Labyrinth field for example,
    I still experience the effect of such attack/movement speed loss. It was like low-speed mode lasts for a minute and then high-speed mode. There are some triggering moves concluded below that I have observed are able to switch the speed mode, unreliably though.
    The difference is very stark. I am not able to provide a video so far yet.

The difference in attack speed (or animation play speed, but not the case in using dash) is especially obvious when Detonating arrow , Scope arrow and Dash are used.
    Sudden loss of the attack speed while dealing with boss causes dps drop, makes me unable to dodge skills and ultimately destroying overall game experience.

So far I can observe some triggering event that turns on the loss of speed:
    1. Slyph's Aid. Ironically, Slyph's Aid is a buff that provides 30%(or 50% , I couldn't recall at the moment) attack speed, as well as 50% attack for 15 seconds, and it has a 80 seconds cooldown. During the first few seconds of this skill, and after the 15 seconds have passed, I actually experience attack speed loss instead of gain.

2. After coming out of nest to labyrinth, slow speed mode. Then after some time of spamming skills / dashing around, it switches to high speed mode. 'Dash' skill is feeling wayyy faster but when I check the movespeed (while dashing) in P window, it shows the same value as in slow speed mode.

3. After clearing a boss in nest, generally I feel a boost of speed to run to the next stage (without any buff icon), unless when I still have Slyph's Aid, in which case after the full duration of Slyph's Aid has passed, I become slow again.

4. With Argenta as a hero companion. Argenta has a passive attack skill which when procs increases the player's atk/movment speed by 30%. Great buff. But it seems that, like Slyph's Aid, it gives me recoil. I haven't tested it out but generally I experience more slow speed mode (even though I still feel the 30% boost from times to times) when I register Argenta as hero than other heroes.

That basically concludes most of the question. I wonder if I should feel lucky to have access to the high speed mode (in a sense that no one has it) or feel unfortunate to experience speed loss.
    And one more thing to point out, I always find my self outrunning every teammate in nests while proceeding to next stage. Is it intended in game that Archer dashes faster than other classes? I have checked the gears of players whom I outrun, they have all the movement speed increasing costumes that I have (shoes, wings etc.). But I still manage to outrun. It is fun though, when everybody running from Chiron stage one to stage two sees me already running in circle in the big lake area waiting for them to arrive.

Finally, I hope someone can explain my situation: Is it bug that I lose the speed? or is it bug that I gain the speed? or is it all intended? What's your similar experience if any?
    Last edited by Faraway; 10-31-2018, 04:08 PM.

Currently I am downloading and re-installing the game in a different drive. Will update if it does or does not solve the problem.

Update:
    Found out the cause. It is all due to an invisible buff (intended or not intended, I really hope it is intended) provided by the 1st specialization bowmaster skill 'Rapid Shot'.
    1. There is nothing about this speed buff in the description of Rapid Shot or Rapid Shot EX.
    2. I do not know if the buff works before 2nd specialization or before learning EX skills.
    3. It could be that there are certain skills that also provide this speed buff INVISIBLY for other classes like Sniper and other Archers and it could even extend to all classes.
    4. If in any worst scenario that this buff is not intended and is fixed, I WILL DEFINITELY QUIT ARTILLERY, it is hell to live in that slow speed mode, HELL. I actually quit my preivous main gladiator mainly because of the traumatically stark difference in action speed when I lost the Returned Hero title which provides 15% atk action speed buff.
    5. Any modification of attack speed purges the speed buff provided by Rapid Shot, like at the start and end duration of the skill Slyph's Aid. Cast Rapid Shot again to go into high speed mode. Well at this point the invisible speed buff seems quite unintended. I hope they wont fix it if it's really unintended as I am transitioning into higher end gear and most of them are not transferable to other characters.
    Last edited by Faraway; 10-31-2018, 05:20 PM. Reason: Found out the cause of speed gain

Comment

• MoonSplitterX
      MoonSplitterX commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my God. Thank you for posting this. I noticed that Speed buff from time to time too and even I was not sure where it was coming from(it was definitely not lag). Rapid shot being the cause makes a lot of sense.

• Faraway
      Faraway commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope the buff is not removed, or we will be having really really hard time playing in slow motion.

Very well, first of all, hello, what you mention about the gain / loss of attack speed can be related to:
    1) the latency of your inernet, remember that ... if the latency of your internet is bad, you can fail attacks, make the effects of the powers are not applied, and that the general attack/movement speed of the character is affected, it happens to me that much.
    2) I did not read that you mentioned anything about the Willpower Stone and / or Premium Stone, which also affect the overall attack / movement speed of the character.
    Normally when I do DQ, sometimes I see enemies who, when killed, give me buffs of attack speed (Raging and Agile monsters) besides using Nerwin as a companion hero, I also use the willpower stone; then, it would be something like: 15% levocity granted by the stone, 30 or 45% speed to kill both monsters (of course when the 2 monsters appear simultaneously), plus the agility buff of nerwin, which gives 30% speed too: between 45 to 90% attack speed added movement
    3) I don't play archer class, so... i can't help u too much in the understanding of their skills, how they work and those things.
    It would be necessary to make an invocation of some other specialized member in the archer class, like nvLite, or Xenocho (I think he doesn't know as much about archers as NVLite, but he sure could help you a little)

All this text was maded using google translator...GG WP
    Last edited by GXSCC; 10-31-2018, 04:51 PM. Reason: re-arranging text order
    Yung Venuz bless you

Comment

Originally posted by GXSCC View Post
      Very well, first of all, hello, what you mention about the gain / loss of attack speed can be related to:
      1) the latency of your inernet, remember that ... if the latency of your internet is bad, you can fail attacks, make the effects of the powers are not applied, and that the general attack/movement speed of the character is affected, it happens to me that much.
      2) I did not read that you mentioned anything about the Willpower Stone and / or Premium Stone, which also affect the overall attack / movement speed of the character.
      Normally when I do DQ, sometimes I see enemies who, when killed, give me buffs of attack speed (Raging and Agile monsters) besides using Nerwin as a companion hero, I also use the willpower stone; then, it would be something like: 15% levocity granted by the stone, 30 or 45% speed to kill both monsters (of course when the 2 monsters appear simultaneously), plus the agility buff of nerwin, which gives 30% speed too: between 45 to 90% attack speed added movement
      3) I don't play archer class, so... i can't help u too much in the understanding of their skills, how they work and those things.
      It would be necessary to make an invocation of some other specialized member in the archer class, like nvLite, or Xenocho (I think he doesn't know as much about archers as NVLite, but he sure could help you a little)

All this text was maded using google translator...GG WP
      Thanks for your reply. No worries, your words are very very conceptually and grammatically intelligible at best.
      I have just found out the cause of high speed mode. Do read about the update. I hope the members of your invocation will be able to add some more insights into it.

Comment

I also experience this issue. I don't know but every dungeon / lab nest I enter before my movement speed is fast ( Lancea ( harmo, EP ) ). And now sometimes yeah as you mention slow this time after a few minutes it will be fast. I don't know what's causing this. But I guess it's already fixed because I am not experiencing it now.

Comment

The problem exists. Still looking at the issue, but the trigger is obvious.

Only happened this patch. Will review everything else later. Will update.
          Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Also experiece this. I though it was my connection or something, but since other ppl are facing it, its weird. Sometimes during ripper ultimate instead of getting atk speed (ultimate gives 30% atk speed) i get slower instead, and it continues when the ultimate duration is over.

It happens on STS and Nest most of the time.

Comment

As promised, an update.

Kindly refer to my post at bug reports section for details.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/supp...n-speed-effect

Thread starter is mentioned as credits on pointing out this bug.
              Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

I experience this with my Sniper sometimes the dodging animation is so super quick that i thought it was a bug. The slowing part tho I haven't noticed My Ping is 120 to 200ms ,200 because im not the only one using the net

Comment

Working...
                X