No announcement yet.

DevK's notes and Comment section Patchnote/Update in Notice & GM Tasha's Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DevK's notes and Comment section Patchnote/Update in Notice & GM Tasha's Blog

Anyone else thinks there should be comment sections too?
    Well of course there will be complaints, but I think comment section is quite essential to boost communication between players and

Btw I saw on Divinitor's Blog about Dev K's notes. It was a bit touching that he said he would try to bring back the RPG elements that DN had been losing.
    I am personally especially looking forward to the World Remaster mentioned, hoping for the slightest of chance that DN would be made open-world or something but I think it is quite impossible as it sounds too much of a technical problem to tackle.
    Also, when there are more players in a nest it always tends to be more laggy even when no one is using skills, just like when many players flood GTS channel 1. I hope such technical problem would be solved in the near future so we have a smoother gameplay, at least in 8-men nests. Just pointing this out because, I don't know how the codes work but it is quite a unique problem to DN and absent in other games even though I haven't really played many games.

What do you think?

Developer showing passion can only be positive thing : players can hope for something new and refreshing in future, keeping the game fun and entertaining
    not like some MMO where the developer basically say - "fck this shyt, I'm out".. lol

Comment

If you have been reading the Divinator post about Dev k you might understand why the DN sea have no such notes:
      The SEA is salty- they complain a lot and in one of Dev K's note He was depressed that some comments about the update were hurtful and it affected him, now imagine if we have a Dev K section in SEA...the player base and the culture of burning DN with brimstone and burying them ins salt would be un-Imaginable- although we as Sea men are salty with a some reasonable cause. A lot of us usually pick a common enemy and roast him without mercy, Hell we even roast Tasha every now and then for the simplest of reasons (lag,broken ups for your tier 3,bung bung on 100 althea boxes, etc.) thats why we will not have a Dev K section.

well thats just my take on the Dev K section but im optimistic that if ever we have one there will be more complaints than thank you. Just look at history we have a patchnote section in Cherry credits and we are able to comment there if you look at the comments section all i see are complaints not on all of them but they do exist. Dev K must first develop a thick skin and immunity to salt before creating a section here in SEA. Because the Sea Men are salty.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraway View Post
        Anyone else thinks there should be comment sections too?

I am personally especially looking forward to the World Remaster mentioned, hoping for the slightest of chance that DN would be made open-world or something but I think it is quite impossible as it sounds too much of a technical problem to tackle.
        Also, when there are more players in a nest it always tends to be more laggy even when no one is using skills, just like when many players flood GTS channel 1. I hope such technical problem would be solved in the near future so we have a smoother gameplay, at least in 8-men nests. Just pointing this out because, I don't know how the codes work but it is quite a unique problem to DN and absent in other games even though I haven't really played many games.

What do you think?
        The reason DN is laggy is that it is using an outmoded rendering algorithm in its graphics engine that is not forward compatible with new GPU's, so I he heard. It it looks like changing graphics engine of DN is really a huge technical hurdle and I speculate would just be left untouched. Huge could mean a lot of resources to be poured in. Blizzard's WoW got a game engine retrofit, the first ever i think to be done ever, but of course we know the difference between Blizzard and DN-Eyedentity - player base --> money.

But heck, welove DN, right? Stick!

I do hope really though that Eyedentity has plans on launching DN (version2 or X, or what ever you call it) with a really nice game engine.
        Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
        BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

Originally posted by Azonia View Post

The reason DN is laggy is that it is using an outmoded rendering algorithm in its graphics engine that is not forward compatible with new GPU's, so I he heard. It it looks like changing graphics engine of DN is really a huge technical hurdle and I speculate would just be left untouched. Huge could mean a lot of resources to be poured in. Blizzard's WoW got a game engine retrofit, the first ever i think to be done ever, but of course we know the difference between Blizzard and DN-Eyedentity - player base --> money.

But heck, welove DN, right? Stick!

I do hope really though that Eyedentity has plans on launching DN (version2 or X, or what ever you call it) with a really nice game engine.
          I can also see from task manager that DN is 32-bit , I don't know how different it is from 64-bit though.
          And Yeah I also hope they launch DN with new nice game engine !! Whether a brand new game or a huge update, in the first case of course with current migrating players appropriately compensated. Much better with a bigger and more open world experience and less portals haha.

Btw, if you know, is there a larger population than SEA in Korea and China server??

Comment

• Azonia
            Azonia commented
            Editing a comment
            AFAIK, China has the largest DN population. Much larger than Korea.

I've already said this before and I don't mind saying it again. Dev notes is always fun to read. We get a glimpse on what direction Dev K wants the game to take, although sometimes the execution of ideas is a bit underwhelming imo. Being able to understand his thoughts makes me still hope for a good future for this game.

Well, there are also times when I wish some other company/studio would buy the rights for a reworked DN or DN 2 (if that is how it actually works).

Comment

• ELpatron50
            ELpatron50 commented
            Editing a comment
            U did play DNMobile , didn't you?
            Nimmienaticz as she used to KDN what about a DN2.
        Working...
        X