No announcement yet.

In regards to the Santa Gacha Box Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did I see this issue before? ........... oh right when ED decided to giveaway medea tier 2 +20 xD

Comment

• marzial09
      marzial09 commented
      Editing a comment
      that and skills to actually kill the boss....which a lot won't be having like the first time this kind of event happens.....everyone hated pub parties

• marzial09
      marzial09 commented
      Editing a comment
      like when people got their hands on medea tier 2 +20 they suddenly think they can clear IDN 8 man and Rune dragon 8 man xD and we all know how that end up...tier 3 calypse won't magically make FDN easy for players to clear xD

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      marzial09 u need full set L jades to clear FDN. happy farming that L jade
      btw when they hand out medea, the top gear was T2 +20 at that time

I somehow agree with the sentiments of the players that the rewards are too much. And I myself will not mind it if ED decides to decrease it to Calypse +0 or Tier2 +20.

But as a casual player who cannot farm as hard as you guys, I cannot help but to avail of this event and be happy because:

1. This allows me to enjoy the game more. I have availed the previous tier2 +20 event last time and I have not progressed ever since because of real-life errands. And trust me, life in-game has been hard thereafter. Pubs are toxic and reject me rightaway for having not-so-good gears. I have not experienced entering some of the nests/raids even if I wanted to. I can only log in once or twice a week, and all I can do is DQ plus do some easy nests. Can you imagine the lack of challenge and thrill when playing the game? I would have quit atogether if it werent for my guild and the fact that the game remains fun to play on its own because of the mechanics.

2. Calypse Tier3 isnt end-game gears right? So people can still do more farming, and those who farm/work hard more will be able to attain better gears than those who do not. The worst thing that this does is that it puts almost everyone on par with each other. But those who farmed hard before will still have a better headstart and prolly get ahead of the others in the next few months. Heck, I'll probably get stuck with the rewards of this event until the next gacha event.

Point is, it will allow us, the casual players, to go with you guys,the hardcore players, in the raids and enjoy it too.

-----
    The only thing that I worry about is that the games I play usually conducts this kind of event before closing down permanently. I surely wish DN is a different case. I do not want for this game to die forever
    ---------
    DN SEA
    Harmonicah (Physician)
    Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
    ---------

Comment

• Hestia
      Hestia commented
      Editing a comment
      That is true, however, that doesn't disregard the fact that giving away immediate end-game gear instead of T1 or T2 calypse max set is ridiculous. Even though the Leb exchange is high. There is more disadvantage that there is an advantage to this reward.

• xForgetty
      xForgetty commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry about the game closing lol.. these types of event are very common for Dragon Nest (by Eyedentity)
      we call it "Spoonfeeding Event".. its good for the game's health and progress.. but very unfair to the game's loyal players

the very good "Balance" for the reward would be Calypse T2 +20. It will take a good hardwork to T3, T3 +11 and finally T3 +20 (yeah, there are few things you got to do to achieve these)

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      xForgetty let me know which gacha event actually gave out end game gear previously

I think it is an advantage, look at it this way. If lots of players get tier 3 +20 calypse then they'll be able to do higher labs and form more raid parties to do GDN and FDN. More people doing higher labs and more raids means more good items will be circling in the economy such as low and mid hearts, jades, materials, fdn accesories etc and also more frequest FDN BUFF. When this happens prices for them will drop by a lot which will make it easier for free players who farm to buy stuff cheaper to reach to end game gear faster than before. More carry parties will be created and since so many people will have tier 3 +20, the supply will exceed the demand so much that carry service price will drop which helps free players even more. Besides who cares if you get carried, at the end of the day, the goal is to complete the nest/dungeon and reap the rewards. With this event more people can do harder content and carry those who can't so it's a blessing. To those free players who grinded, it does suck to see your hard work go down the drain but this event will accelerate your grinding, think about it If you notice like every patch gear progression gets easier like for instance this patch, 50% reduced gold cost for neris to calypse tier 3 and 80% enhancement rate across the board when before to +20 was 44%. Who knows what next patch will hold? Take it easy guys, something big is prob coming in a patch or two which made them decide to do this. Like I'm sure the next chronicle event will reward calypse tier 2 +20 for reaching lvl 95. Lets just see what happens

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      The issue is not what comes after but what comes before that. You are simply asking people to suck it up and benefit from it. I'm not sure if everyone is ready for that, especially since the effort invested (time, emotion, money) to get there is subjective.

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      Estrello the next thing to grind for after you have T3+20 is L jades, if your goal is to clear FDN. not just 1 piece of L jade but 11 pieces. With this sudden increase in demand, you can expect L jade price to go up.

Looking at CURRENT market for L jades, each cost 250kg on average, so thats 2.75 MILLION gold to farm. and this calculation is before the expected inflation

are you ready to farm more than 2.75 million gold? :3

• Estrello
      Estrello commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that depends, if we get the full tier 3 set then I just need to farm L jades and if we don't get the full set then I'll focus on finishing +20 my set then L jades. 2.75mil lol damn, hoping santa brings me that gold this year

Does ED actually value the efforts placed by the majority of the player base? Is their money worth more than all other forms of support provided?
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• geeeen17
      geeeen17 commented
      Editing a comment
      if ED will pursue with the reward, the answer is PRETTY CLEAR, i guess ill wait til february instead of farming month ,incoming valentines gacha +10 scylla. way to waste the time dedicated by everyone who grinded.

• marzial09
      marzial09 commented
      Editing a comment
      you'd think when they put epic costumes in the crystal shop and giveaway medea tier 2 +20 people would learn already that ED doesn't give a fuck how hardworking you are....the only effort they recognize is how much money you slap in the game...hence VIPs

so where is the countdown ?

Comment

Some of you might be happy with this Eye-Gacha reward, but have you ever think what's the reason you play DN? Why we wasted our time with friends, FTG, and money since the time we converting Rune Dragon[Legend] to Calypse T1 then upgrade to T3 till now. Why we should play DN just to pay and get surprised?? "Instant mid-era of 95 cap ended gear for you!". AND IT IS +20! OH WAIT AND THERE'S MORE, IT IS ONLY FOR 18$!
      It took us about at least 2-3 months to get T3 full sets +20. It cost mostly around 500$ to get T3 +20 sets.

Enhancement pain at +11 till +20 especially weapons and for successful +11 enhancement, you need 2 unit of GDN crystal. That will take 4 weeks to farm 2 GDN crystals, if you lucky you will get Unique GDN acc and disassemble it to get 1 GDN crystal material. From +11 to +20, you will need about 23 lapis to get +20 or more lapis needed if failed between the plus. Lebrium? Don't ask about it if you lazy to farm.

Eyedentity which is your True Identity?? Do you even have eyes to see player's loyalty and efforts given on this game?
      Will you listen to our cries and disappointment? If you do care about us, will you change it?

Comment

• pewpewistheman
        pewpewistheman commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 to this, to the people who keep saying to suck it up and enjoy the reward, please tell me why did we even bother grind all those mats, jellies and gold to get where we are now. It cost us a fortune of time, and now you want us to just accept these kind of rewards, sure it benefits newbies, but what about the effort of the previous hard core grinders?
        I wish some other company will buy DN, ED sucks at managing

• Vaddix
        Vaddix commented
        Editing a comment
        Few years ago I also felt the same emotion, but someone told me "Noone ask you to end gear and invest your time and money or any forms of investment". Now Im going to cooy paste that and tell slap it to the face of the entirety of displeased players.
        "NOONE ASKED YOU TO GEAR UP AND INVEST ANY OF FORMS OF BULLSHITWACHACALIIT"

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        Vaddix so yeah i will be waiting for the next gacha event to hand out FDN +10 if this T3 reward actually came true. DN gonna be ghost town soon as everyone waits

elites will pretty much join the event also...its a chance for them to insta gear their subs for more farming xD

Comment

• atom100
        atom100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Look for the Berlin title, too bad it's durational, that's what ED can give for the hardworker, durational item.

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        if ED doesn't even have a decent mind in handling their events expect to find no decent solution to it either.......EDs event is really simple...everyone gets tier 3 +20 calypse now everyone has high gear stats....harder to spot who is legit and who is not why would you go pub knowing this information

• missjenn
        missjenn commented
        Editing a comment
        I cannot HAHAHA. NVM, internet explorer

T3 +20 will be the norm. Better check thier jades and acce now. No L Jades = kick.

Comment

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah this event just encourage more discrimination. my requirement will be minimum 4 L jades now from a previous no L jades accept.
        better be safe than sorry when im running high floors trial

*Shrugs*
      Isn't this pretty much the dejavu of previous gachalicious events here in ED, what did you guys expect? It will hit just hit harder and harder as the tiers progress. The only way to stop them from doing this is by not availing the christmas gacha but it's doubtful that everyone will cooperate to boycott something that gives them good gears.

Comment

• nublood30
        nublood30 commented
        Editing a comment
        At that time Medea tier 2 +20 set was given at a fair and reasonable excuse, but just giving away (almost) end-game gear that has also the same stats as an FDN or has the somewhat same level of stats as skila for only $18 is too ridiculous to give away for that of a price.

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        no I mean its same situation as this december gacha is on....people who spent a fortune on their gear complaining abt it....back then people who spent a fortune on their gear also complained abt medea tier 2 +20 like whats happening in here aswell.....SadisticEin is right tho....only way for events like this to stop is to actually not participate in the event...but gudluck trying to get the whole SEA to help on that cause

• SadisticEin
        SadisticEin commented
        Editing a comment
        nublood30 Can you tell me what is that "fair and reasonable excuse"? I can't really remember much during that time but as far as I can remember the hardwork for attaining calypse (raiding/buying OP services) was trampled easily both by cash [gachalicious] and not [calypse available in npc store]. I'm pretty sure it's also end-game gear during that era that's almost obsolete when the next patch rolls in newer end-gear, not much different with what's happening right now.

It doesn't matter how hardworking you are by now, whats important is $$. Even the ladder costume that supposed to be attainable through ladder is given as reward, kinda feel that they have no intention to fix ladder for the longest period. They value your $ not your thoughts/opinion.

Comment

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah that ladder costume is the most bullshit thing they put in the gacha....pretty much saying they won't ever fix ladder so here's a free ladder costume

• BlessedSign
        BlessedSign commented
        Editing a comment
        Its just a picture i saw somewhere, perhaps ED can be a money badger haha.

Also some thought i have why Tier 3 +20 as a reward, ppl in this game will upgrade them to Skila surely, imagine the money they can make selling FTG pots to farm lebriums & doing whatever run to get gold, pair with the ridiculous rate for skila enhancement and also jellies for ppl to enhance their stuff be it FDN nor Skila. It's a potential earning how i see it.

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        BlessedSign people who are willing to buy FTG pots, have been buying since day 1. People who join the events are mostly normal peeps who doesn't buy FTG pot. This event is a lazy copy paste from NA where they have to spend 500k CC there, but only 20 boxes here. Copy paste at its best

I don't see any problem with the event.

I am one of the players who grind lebrium points (LP) to ups my T3 Calypse. I even top-up for VIP (cyber FTG) and Full FTG potion to maximize LP grind.

If you don't want the event, just don't purchase the "2018 Christmas box". After all, you cash player are the one financing the game. Its up to you to invest or not. Simple as that! ~ (just saying, no offense for all)

~~~ Thanks!

Comment

• accntng1
        accntng1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps you're right, I didn't get the point of this thread, but I just wanted to tell you that I don't care how much money I've spent to have a good geared right now and how much the time I've played in grinding LPs. I even stay awake at dawn to be party with the friends who I've only known in game.

What matter for me right now is FUN that I get in the game. Those good and bad EXPERIENCES (most of them are bad T_T ~  been committing lots of errors during dungeon runs) that I had and the LAUGHTER we've share are unforgettable .  

Again, you do have an option ~ don't buy 2018 Christmas boxes (no new loots for this ~ cash items effect are same with bling bling event).

P.S. I PLAY FOR FUN!
        Last edited by accntng1; 12-12-2018, 02:46 AM.

• BabyBunny
        BabyBunny commented
        Editing a comment
        it's always gonna be an issue when people only set their eyes and dwell their heart on the past.

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        accntng1 my issue is more people will now afk in town or play another game while they wait for gacha to hand out end game items.

if ED keeps making events like this....even putting effort in the game is a 50-50 RNGeezus xD......50% ED won't fuck your hard earned gears with pay 2 win events like this and 50% ED will fuck you up when you spent a fortune to get your end game gear then suddenly people will get it for 18$ now xD.....time to think about spending your money and time wisely now cuz ED doesn't give a shit how much work you put in the game...its all about the $$$

Comment

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        ED will only be fair to those who pay them $$$

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        marzial09 really? ED will only be fair to those who pay them $$$? My friend got hacked so he created another account to rush T3 in 2 weeks. Burn more than 1k usd. Then came this event. Is that fair? 1k+ usd vs 20 boxes

and not just him. Im sure there are many whales burn a lot of money also just to be slapped by a 20 box for end game gear event

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        its cuz they know whales will keep spending money on it...so ED will keep busting out events like this UNLESS NOBODY WILL ENTER IT ( but thats unlikely to happen tbh )

Definitely agree on this +1
      Last edited by jantz23; 12-12-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I think it's fair to have the event most endgame players are just farming gold on their subs. frankly, the more subs the better farming for gold, that's the real hard work the better gold you have the better you can sustain yourself in the future updates don't be so pathetic and think of it in a different way

Comment

Working...
        X