Debuffs do not stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debuffs do not stack?

This is a stupid question but i just wanted to know why this isn't applicable? there's a lot of skills out there on several characters with their respective specializations with the same effect but different values to be applied, such as Light Fury's outbreak with a +50% increase in physical damage, while Bowmaster's Bullseye does +20% on both physical and magical increase on the enemy applied with the debuff but with a different duration.

The highest value always gets the priority, but what about the previous buff applied? there are some debuffs that lasts more or less than a minute, they are effective enough just right for their duration, but ofc the more value a debuff can apply the better even for a short duration, but because of this players tend to forget that when their basic debuff is replaced by a better debuff with a shorter duration, they tend to forget that their debuff is not in effect and that debuffs aren't entirely applied everytime and on most occasion the advantage becomes a disadvantage.

If only there is an instance that the previous buffs applied can still be active, but replaced with a higher or better debuff applied on to the enemy, and even if the higher value debuff has ended its applied duration, the previous debuff with a longer duration is going to be in effect, rather stack it but the highest value is priority and let it still be in effect than replacing it and diminishing the debuff applied since most players are focused on looking on the screen and doesn't really have that much chance of looking on the enemy's status bar to look for the icons which buffs are in effect or which is not.

I also wanted to take note that in most cases, some skills with a debuff that should be applied on to an enemy doesn't have their own icon displayed on the enemy's status bar icon, and especially for Heroes used by players that has a debuff their debuffs when applied to an enemy does not show up on the status bar icon, which is weird considering there is a debuff effect applied to the enemy shown in an animation of shield icons color coded in red that means either their damage resistance is decreased or their critical resistance is decreased or elemental attribute resistance is decreased.

Debuffs are the only advantage of some classes that doesn't have that much buffs to use and that they are useful because of their many varieties of debuffs, but if other party members cast a debuff on an enemy, the current debuff even is still in effect gets replaced by that debuff, not to mention the debuff applied previously has a better value than the new debuff applied, that's 1 disadvantage of having a party that does not know how to properly manage their debuffing sequence onto an enemy on Nests *cough* random party *cough*.

Yes. You are correct, debuffs of the same effect doesn't stack, this is what ED calls BALANCE.

Comment

Outbreak EX doesnt have a 50% debuff on the enemy, it is still 20% just like all the other debuffs (unless its like unseenart or sumthing) so it doesnt really matter. It just boils down to the durations overlapping each other and this is almost impossible to control. This was actually a good balance from ed ~shocking~

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        Its from Light Fury's, Outbreak gives +50% damage increase on your physical attacks, that is why it's not entirely effective for matk based attacks

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        You misunderstand the skill description.

The skill Outbreak EX gives +50% damage to the board damage of Outbreak when the EX is learnt, changing the coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5.

On the other hand, Outbreak EX also applies a 20% damage received increase debuff when used on monsters.

hahahaha yeah it would be unfair for monsters to have multiple debuff

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        no, i've seen debuffs from my party member like his light fury's unseen art debuff icon which is shown with somewhat of an icon appearing to be like an eye, and i've seen that the buff i've casted was dispelled and a 10 second durational buff from a "damage increase on enemy" property has been applied than my buff.

THIS kind of mechanic on applying debuff is what makes it literally a disadvantage for most part, considering a lot of characters has several debuffs they can use but none of them overlaps with another character's debuff, especially elemental attribute debuffs, the debuffs applied should work collectively and that any debuffs that has higher value will be prioritize that will be in effect, and everything else that is applied is still in existence but not in effect, and the duration would still be spent until the prioritized debuff diminished.

And, there should be an instance where a debuff that is applied that only provides 1 type of debuff such as "physical damage increase" should also stack with another debuff that only increases "magical damage increase" on the enemy.

They should fix this, since if everybody throws their debuffs on the boss, the ones who has the best debuff effective against the enemy is dispelled by another character's debuff which is redundant to that of the character with the highest value of debuff.

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        They removed debuff stacking because of how OP it made and how class discrimination favours classes with these stackable debuffs. Now, it doesnt stack and iis generally categorised into damage, ele, crit dmg redux, ice as debuffs, which is fine.

I liked the previous method of skill level preventing debuff overwriting but somehow they removed that. We'll just have to adapt for now. Meanwhile, it is also useful that all debuffs are applied now regardless of level. This ensures that the debuff will always be present as long as you cast it, especially prior to using high damaging skills.

Unseen art is a unique debuff btw, which has 5% damage received increase which stacks ontop of the general 20% damage received increase debuff. I'm not sure if that is the reason why it showed.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        as long as the debuff applied is there, and is just hidden and the status bar icon is bugged and only shows false information regardless, i am happy, and we are happy, but there should still be clarification since a simple animation on a debuffed boss isn't enough since there's several debuffs that would give it that effect on the boss, and it's still better to see on the status bar as well.

I always often look at my skills and when they are ready to be used and i barely even look at the boss, often i look at the mini map, where are the players and the boss is positioned.

Somehow if the status bar of monsters is showing false information i do hope it's only for the display and not the exact debuffs applied to the monster itself is working, but a confirmation from someone with authority would be great to clarify the issue.

Comment

So I have two cases here: one with a GM (Chem Grenade, Lv 1) and another with an SS (Awakened Chem Grenade, Lv 8).

For the GM, my Chem Grenade debuff gets overwritten by the Magma Punch (tested with both high level and Lv 1) and is as shown below. Note that the debuff icon under the boss HP disappears, while the shield (ele debuff) is still present on the boss.

On the other hand, for the SS, the Chem Grenade (the additional debuff applied is the engraving, please ignore) is also overwritten by Magma Punch (lvl 1). However, the difference is that we can now see Magma Punch present as an ele debuff, as opposed to the scenario above.

So, I would say that relying on the status bar under the boss is unreliable and you should still apply your debuff always, as usual.
        Last edited by Xenocho; 01-18-2019, 02:48 AM.
        Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
        Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
        Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          You are correct atom. The overwriting of SS debuff was my biggest grief from this change.

Unseen art should not get overwritten since it is a unique debuff which is designed to stack with the original debuff. It is applied from the hits of unseen art. So, if you cast pslam, it will overwrite the outbreak debuff but it should not overwrite the unseen art one. I did not personally test this but it should be this way.

No worries Shovel. I actually learn most things via research and hours of testing since years ago. The skill description now is actually better than before but still not perfect.

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          So that means not all debuffs overlap each other and only 1 of each category of debuff is working and that in most cases, the debuffs who currently got applied will be replaced by another one and does that mean there's really no sense on having multiple debuffs of the same category in a class when you're using them often or maybe using it at the same time?

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Recasting debuffs of the same category can be said redundant. However at the same time, you do not know when was the last rebuff cast by others, which could have expired as you are about to make use of a DPS window. Often debuff skills don't take a terribly long time to use, so this sacrifice is often worth it.
      Working...
      X