Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Fee is absolutely insane and retarded

TL;DR
    Repair fee nets me a negative in lower level dungeon runs thus forcing me to run higher levels that I don't want to run just to net a positive. Also, additional input below this post for updates. It could probably be a bug since I didn't die but fuck me, penalizing this hard for dying/leaving makes me question the decision making in ED's team.

Before anything, I have finished all my main quest/side quest/board quest/remote quest and I'm just a mere casual player that can play one hour a day because I've got work to do, so all I've got going for me is doing the daily quests. It's a neat to-do list for me complete before I head to bed and it gives me a decent amount of profit (As long as I do it religiously) but the new implementation of the repair fee absolutely fucks all of that up.

So, I was checking out the new patch notes today and I was nodding my head for majority of them. I was excited to get on, explore the new dungeons, and revitalize my experience in DN after a near decade of playing since OBT. I booted up DN, took on the daily quest, and ran it. So far, so good, until I hit the end of the dungeon where they tally up your points (Which doesn't mean much) and got this:

EXHIBIT A. Absolute fuck-you repair fee

Oh yeah, definitely a reasonable cost (Disclaimer: This isn't the repair fee you'll get for running a single dungeon but it's still pretty high, where I net 51 gold of fee for a 36 gold of income, netting me a negative 15 gold)

What the fuck is this? What insane heresy am I seeing? Are you telling me that I have to pay more than I earn in a single dungeon run at normal? Since when was a patch so backwards thinking that you actually net a LOSS when you continue playing a damn dungeon? With all my excitement gone, I immediately went back to the patch notes to continue reading (Because God knows what else they'd put in there) and saw this table:

EXHIBIT B. Change your set, play a higher difficulty that you don't want, or incur our wrath of Repair Nest
    They're basically forcing you to switch to certain gears, just so you could pay less. The idea that you have to own multiple sets, just to bypass the damn repair fee, is absolutely mind boggling. It's either that, or you play in higher difficulties, which I can't be assed with because of my work schedule.

I just want to play the game casually and for fun. I don't want to look at it (or treat it) as a job, where I have to work my ass off like it's full-time. Sure, most guys who have high amounts of gold in the reserve wouldn't give that much of a shit but it just goes against the mentality of having to play the game at your own pace, without having the system dictating me to change the set I worked for just to avoid the repair fee.

SUGGESTIONS

Now, I'm not the type to just complain and offer no options for improvement. I'm a firm believer that if you're going to talk shit, you should get ready to show some shit. So, without further ado, here are my suggestions to resolve, or at least improve, this repair fee shenanigans:

(1) Remove the repair fee. Having to repair your weapons has been a useless trait in the game that no one absolutely cared about (Until now, where it affects the players in a negative way, rather than a positive one).

(2) Replace the fee with a different currency that is not used as the main currency for MOST things in the game. Use Dungeon Points instead. Seriously. I'm already doing my best to save up as much gold for the ridiculous enhancing costs I have to incur just level my gear to +1.

(3) Keep the current repair fee but increase the amount of gold earned in LOWER levels. I can understand higher levels would net you higher income but running a dungeon should NOT net you a negative, irregardless of the level you run, due to player's having different mindsets and preferences in running (Personally, I just run the easiest and get my daily tasks as fast as possible). It's just backwards thinking.

CONCLUSION

Am I salty? Yes.

Am I butthurt? Yes.

Is this a legitimate complaint? If you're like me, who actually has life outside and doesn't revolve around the game, then you bet your ass it is.

Will ED listen? Eh. Maybe. They've definitely gotten better over the years but I wouldn't hope much.

Hotel? Trivago.

The reason why I'm voicing out my concerns in this tone is because I just want this game to be better. Even with all the stuff I spouted, I still do love this game and I hope it picks up to where it left off at the golden 40 cap era. Apologies for the swearing but I'm just appalled at the fact that someone in the team allowed this to happen. Actually, scratch that. This is ED we're talking about. I'm not shocked. I'm just dissapointed (again). The patch notes were decent and definitely had their good points but we can't just allow this kind of illogical decision to pass by our radar, or else they'll just keep repeating it.

Again, don't fix what isn't broken. Feel free to agree or disagree with me. I'm just trying to get a discussion started here for people who don't have a lot of gold in their reserves and probably voicing out the people who think the same. Please prove me wrong because I'd love to be proven wrong just so I can get back into the game with a positive outlook because this is just mental.

EXHIBIT C. Realizing when the class you chose is fucked but you've already been fucked by ED for near a decade

mfw you actually don't have to pay anything if you don't get hit but now half of your skills are absolute trash as a full tank Guardian

Additional input:

(1) You get penalized for Disconnecting. ( https://sta.sh/0shszwa6btt ; https://sta.sh/0flz8mbxlyf )

(2) Your durability drops when your heroes die.

(3) Your durability drops when you get hit*.
    *Need more data on this.

EDIT: If you spot some shit I didn't get to notice, then do point them out. I legit only played for half an hour before getting too frustrated at looking at that repair fee increasing lmao. Take what I said with a grain of salt. These are more of first impressions than anything (but it's still retarded for me).
    Last edited by GlassShard; 03-12-2019, 06:55 PM.

I am absolutely curious how you even get to 1.1k of repair fees. Did you die until all your equipment are broken?

Anyway, only the repair fees when you are dead is increased, but the normal repair fees is still in silvers. I done my DQ just now with around 10 silvers of repair fees for Skila per run. Hence, I can see the intention of ED is to force players to learn surviving and not to die. With the incremental of monster damage, not dying is almost impossible, unless you can dodge every attacks.
    I dont think forcing you to change to lower end gears is correct. With lower end gear, you will be harder to clear the easy dungeons, and more prone to dying, which prone to the astronomical repair fees (although reduced) but you now has lower income due to easier dungeons, which still having the same problems.

Thus, I completely agree with you on the point where casual players are going to nearly impossible to advance in the game, unless you invest time to polish your skill, or invest some money to gear up to have decent income.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

Additional Input:

In the table, it stated that the fee will increase if you either (A) die or (B) leave the dungeon. There are 2 reasons why this is an issue NOW:

(1) This has always been present before the patch but the fee is increased to an abysmal amount (At least in my experience but I never left or died in the dungeon); and
      (2) The game now gives a heavy penalty for experiencing the game at it's fullest (Since dying would be because the mobs are challenging) or because of things outside your control (e.g: A sudden power cut, forcing you to leave the dungeon through disconnecting).

The idea that your consequences is higher just for doing what you want (or being forced otherwise due to external factors) is ridiculous.

Another Input:

So, my GM went around asking and found that the causes of the fee could be 2 things: (A) It's hit based, meaning the more hits you get, the more you have to pay, and (B) It's death based.

Whilst I understand the direction of penalizing people who gets hit (Forcing them to increase their skill level), there's just too many factors affecting our skills in the game. For one, my ping is eternally stuck at 300ms and there are just times where I can't avoid a hit, even after predicting them. Not only that but how the hell will tanks deal with this? As a Guardian, it's my job to get hit a lot. So, I'm basically paying to do my job? This is like reverse capitalism.

Definitely need more input on this but this is supposed to be ED's job to release the details of what the hell they implemented in the game and not for the players to experiment on AND have to pay for. This is some next level ninja shit.

Comment

• atom100
        atom100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree w/ you they can't fix the dc problem of the server, and now they are penalizing you for their fault.

• Rexonance
        Rexonance commented
        Editing a comment
        I completely LMAO'd at the "reverse capitalism" +1

Originally posted by BananaCredits View Post
      I am absolutely curious how you even get to 1.1k of repair fees. Did you die until all your equipment are broken?

Anyway, only the repair fees when you are dead is increased, but the normal repair fees is still in silvers. I done my DQ just now with around 10 silvers of repair fees for Skila per run. Hence, I can see the intention of ED is to force players to learn surviving and not to die. With the incremental of monster damage, not dying is almost impossible, unless you can dodge every attacks.
      I dont think forcing you to change to lower end gears is correct. With lower end gear, you will be harder to clear the easy dungeons, and more prone to dying, which prone to the astronomical repair fees (although reduced) but you now has lower income due to easier dungeons, which still having the same problems.

Thus, I completely agree with you on the point where casual players are going to nearly impossible to advance in the game, unless you invest time to polish your skill, or invest some money to gear up to have decent income.
      Which is ridiculous since I still had to pay 51 gold even though I didn't die (I'm running a Normal dungeon with a Calypse T3 in a full tank Guardian build to emphasize the probability of me dying). I do understand the idea of increasing a player's skill level through penalties but this is counter-productive in their patch notes for 2 main reasons:

(1) The level at which they can improve their skills is at difficulties where their probability of dying goes higher. The penalty of having to pay high amounts of gold just because I'm not good enough is ridiculous (At least in the eyes of casual/new players). ED is basically telling us to "git gud or fuk off". Just change the penalty to something else that doesn't involve the main currency in the game.

(2) There are other external factors that's outside our control (See above post I just made) that can affect the way we play (e.g: Ping and PC build). So, not only is the game giving us a high chance of punishing us for having bad ping, we're also getting whipped for having shitty PC's. Is DN's demographic shifting towards people who just have the money to throw around (Which, now that I think about it, has always been this way lol).

Not to mention as a tank, you're going to need to get hit a lot because you're the punching bag lmao. There's just so many things that's going around here over something NO ONE ever asked for.
      Last edited by GlassShard; 03-12-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• GlassShard
        GlassShard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I'm convinced that my repair fee was dictated by a bug (Whatever that means) rather than by how the system wanted it.

Anything that doesn't involve gold penalty sounds about good lol.

• BananaCredits
        BananaCredits commented
        Editing a comment
        GlassShard I had just done my daily, and I am confirmed that if you arent died or DC, the repair fees is 0g. Seem like you need to check for bug or if you mistaken any information.

• GlassShard
        GlassShard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, no surprise there as my guildmates just gave me the same feedback last night.

I still think this hard penalty is dumb for other reasons I mentioned.

Just verified that you get penalized for disconnecting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dd1xs3p-43fbb8b6-5f7f-409b-9e4a-8201b1c5eb2e.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2R
Views:	69
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	158273

Name:	dd1xs3z-171cc8ee-5981-4b63-a765-05bf1a795453.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2R
Views:	54
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	158274

Yeah, I too, love to burn my gold reserves just to play the game.

Comment

The new repair fee is not that bad. Most players have nothing to spend gold on since it is so easy to get good enough gears these days without breaking the bank, so it was generous of Eyedentity games to give us something to spend our hard earned gold on. IMO if you play well and spend smart this new repair fee will feel like it's not even there.

Comment

• Estrello
          Estrello commented
          Editing a comment
          You must be a whale who has money to spend like its nothing talking bullshit like that and judging from your avatar i'm correct. Majority of players don't have that kind of money to throw around. The only thing ED thinks and cares about are how to make money and how to counter bots, that's it. 1 DC for me = 2 dungeons worth of gold in repair fees, it should not be that way. This needs to change/ fixed asap

• BananaCredits
          BananaCredits commented
          Editing a comment
          You means you wants a new gold sink? That accessory enhancement is already a good one, which give you 1% atk bonus per accessory for that hundred thousands of gold spent.

• Azonia
          Azonia commented
          Editing a comment
          Our issue in SEA is having decent amount of Lebrium points and insanely low gold. This revamped repair fee adds insult to injury.

Originally posted by RichGoldBuyer View Post
        The new repair fee is not that bad. Most players have nothing to spend gold on since it is so easy to get good enough gears these days without breaking the bank, so it was generous of Eyedentity games to give us something to spend our hard earned gold on. IMO if you play well and spend smart this new repair fee will feel like it's not even there.
        I'd have to disagree with you there.

It's not whether you have a lot of gold in your reserves or not. It's the concept that (1) if I were to have to forcefully leave the game (e.g: Disconnecting), I have to incur a huge fee over something I had no control over and (2) I can't play the way I want to play because the game dictates me a certain difficulty suitable for me and if I weren't to follow it, they'd penalize me hard.

I don't know what you're trying to get at with "Nothing to spend gold on", when majority of the transactions you make through in game is gold. This table is a good sample of just how much gold you need just to try and hit legendary tier.

Name:	2017090503391322746.png
Views:	63
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	158294

The only time your argument would be convincing is where the player used real money to boost himself up the gear tier and bypassed the need to run dungeons or nests. Which, sure, that makes sense, but it's not an acceptable practice that we should just accept.

Comment

I agree with glass shard, i think the Fee to repairing equipment that has lost durability is really absurd, they might have forgotten to individually set a price on each equipment and just overlapped the fee's included from the bottom top, this is something that would be counter productive to most people.

I'm not gonna even repair my stuff, and the new division nest 3 has a really high probability of killing you even at lower levels of the labyrinth, this patch is so buggy, whatever they are doing to DN Korea from the first place is what they are doing to DN SEA and many other servers, like seriously? don't u learn from the bugs in DN Korea when you patch a new update in the game and there's bugs? why make the same mistake here on DN SEA where you can just implement the bug fixes already right after finishing the things needed before players logs in to the game and play the game?

I may not have the right to complain since i'm just playing the game for free, but for those who paid money to keep your game up and running and giving them the worst possible gaming experience? you're shameless ED

Comment

the devs really did it this time putting such a heavy fee on repairs when it is so hard to farm gold

Comment

same dungeon different lab lab1 (solo) vs lab3 (party)
              it is better now to run solo than a party solo = 40gold and get all the loot while party of 4 = 10gold
              what???
              Last edited by DNMemoria; 03-13-2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• BananaCredits
                BananaCredits commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the difficulties for DQ dungeons are the same regardless of party members. So if you could solo, then why not. If you cant, then well you have no choice.

• atom100
                atom100 commented
                Editing a comment
                So far i got no problem soloing DQ dungeons up to LAB 8 and the gold rewards has not much difference at lower level w/c is between 35 to 80 g.

• Lans Vahndreas
                Lans Vahndreas commented
                Editing a comment
                What he talking about is Gold & Item distribution. In dungeon, Item loot (like Key, Items for alpacha perfume quest) will be distributed by random. And gold dropped from monster will be shared to all players in the party.
                So yah, it's better to do Solo run in dungeons rather than doing with party, since developer changed drop rate in dungeon reduced to 100% within any amount of party member, which before it was 400% gold drop within full 4 man in the party.

Originally posted by DNMemoria View Post
              same dungeon different lab lab1 (solo) vs lab3 (party)
              it is better now to run solo than a party solo = 40gold and get all the loot while party of 4 = 10gold
              what???
              Yeah, the fact that the rewards already this low, would be split if you went for a party, further proves my point that this is counter-productive in what ED wants.

Comment

ED is like the repair fee

Comment

I tested this repair fee using 2 different chars.

First run using Adept wearing skila equipment at fresh 100% durability.
                  Doesn't matter nest (only tried FM, got no chance to test on raid yet), dungeon, or difficulty, the result is constant at 10 silver per run.
                  NM and Storm GTS cost 0g.

Second run using Smasher wearing calypse T3+20 equipment, repair fee suddenly start at 165 gold.
                  I clearly remember I died in attempt to clear Dark Banquet the day before, and then failed a GDN run too-- which reduce equip durability on 210/240-- and haven't repair them until this patch applied.
                  So I go NM to start this test without repairing the equipment. Got DC-ed in the middle of run. The repair fee stays at 165 gold.
                  Next I do DQ test-- again without repairing the initial equipment-- repair fee still sits on 165 gold since Lab 2 until I finished Lab 6.

Reaching that part, I decided to repair my equipment.

I went solo FM 16, and this time I purposely took several blows that wiped half of my HP. Final result for the repair fee is 10 silver.

Storm GTS cost 0g.

Comment

• BabyBunny
                    BabyBunny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Additional info:
                    I let my char die 2x in a run of FM-- after the emergency patch today.
                    Durability drop at 223/240 and repair fee is 94g 60s 96c.

• Lans Vahndreas
                    Lans Vahndreas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try to leave at the middle of dungeon/ nest! Just enter dungeon/ nest without attacking mobs/ get hit then just leave to town!

looks like an urgent maintenance is happening right now, hope they fix the repair fee as well, from the looks of it they will be fixing the missing text on mission bulletin board quests

Lets hope they fix the repair fee as well.

They never said how long it will take to be finished but it might just be around an hour or a few minutes depending on the gravity of the changes that must be done

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBunny View Post
                    I tested this repair fee using 2 different chars.

First run using Adept wearing skila equipment at fresh 100% durability.
                    Doesn't matter nest (only tried FM, got no chance to test on raid yet), dungeon, or difficulty, the result is constant at 10 silver per run.
                    NM and Storm GTS cost 0g.

Second run using Smasher wearing calypse T3+20 equipment, repair fee suddenly start at 165 gold.
                    I clearly remember I died in attempt to clear Dark Banquet the day before, and then failed a GDN run too-- which reduce equip durability on 210/240-- and haven't repair them until this patch applied.
                    So I go NM to start this test without repairing the equipment. Got DC-ed in the middle of run. The repair fee stays at 165 gold.
                    Next I do DQ test-- again without repairing the initial equipment-- repair fee still sits on 165 gold since Lab 2 until I finished Lab 6.

Reaching that part, I decided to repair my equipment.

I went solo FM 16, and this time I purposely took several blows that wiped half of my HP. Final result for the repair fee is 10 silver.

Storm GTS cost 0g.
                    Thanks for the input. It just seems that my runs were off. However, the concept of penalizing heavily just because you died or you left (e.g: Disconnecting) is not friendly at all to casual/new players, so I still stand by my point that this either needs to be removed or improved.

Originally posted by Mr.Shovels View Post
                    looks like an urgent maintenance is happening right now, hope they fix the repair fee as well, from the looks of it they will be fixing the missing text on mission bulletin board quests

Lets hope they fix the repair fee as well.

They never said how long it will take to be finished but it might just be around an hour or a few minutes depending on the gravity of the changes that must be done
                    I'm still confused on why they implemented this in the first place. There's absolutely nothing to gain from this and it's just making more problems than solutions.

Ah well. It sounds good that they're doing something about it but I wish there was some sort of feedbacking system we had in place where our criticism's can be read and compiled. Here's hoping for the best.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                      Mr.Shovels commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not hoping for something so proper for them to make it possible but the best option for them to actually have the best way to get ideas from the community so that the game would be interesting is streaming live, or atleast make a video and post it on their social media accounts in order for the community to know their future plans and to actually get some idea from the community, and then make a poll for the few ideas they have chosen and afterwards determine if its for the best, since they shouldn't be the one trying to make the game more fun from their perspective but rather let the community decide to some extent the possibility of their ideas to become real ingame.

None of that would be necessary right now since there's a lot of issues and bugs needs fixing before any new content should be introduced, the rework for ripper, AH bug fixed, DA bug fixes, and a lot more to fix from each of the characters in existence ingame.
                  Working...
                  X