Need help heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help heroes

Hi there, I just got installed the Game, So may I ask something about class hero here?

Q1: I would like to know which class is recommended for beginner.
    Q2: PVE class, I'm just starting up Please help me, so Iike a class that can do good at Farming, also not boring to play and cheap. I can't spend real money But I can spend time

Please Sir/Mam I really want some advice which to pick, The rest is up to me

Thank you so much Cheers

This... would be a bit complicated, because class preferences are personal tastes and I couldnt gives you the best one for yourselves.

Q1: Lets talk about cost to build the classes. Generally, the classes in this game can be divided into: DPS, subs DPS, tanker and healer. Majority of the classes in this game is DPS, where they are damage focused. They are the most expensive among the others due to higher gear requirements in clearing high level contents. Subs DPS (AKA debuffer) wise, requires lower gear requirement than a pure DPS, but still it requires better gear than of tanker and healers. Hence, the cost for each group are, from highest to lowest: DPS > subs DPS > tanker/healer.

However there is a trick. Healer, although having lower cost to build, requires to have better understanding in raids. Normally it is veterans that be the healers (normally subs characters). So if you decided to be a healer due to the low cost, you are expected to learn and study more on the raid mechanisms and stuff. So if you ask me what class is better for you, lets go to Q2.

Q2: Farming in DN currently is more of like a routine: DQ > STS > FM/MC. All of these normally needs DPS to complete, both faster and more efficient. Luckily for DN beginner, we have this Labyrinth system where the difficulties are divided into 55 floors, hence you can choose the one that matches with your current power. So combined with the answer in Q1, i would say going for DPS or subs DPS class would be better for you.

I dont really knows your preferences, hence I cant suggest what class is boring and not boring for you. However there is a trick: our leveling now heavily based on Main Quest. MQ, other than giving EXP, also gives quite a good starting resources, mainly gold (~15kg) and crystal point (~171k). Thus, my suggestion is to check out the character list during character creation, choose one that suits you the most, level them via MQ, experience the classes yourself. Do for as much character as you want, and choose the one you liked the most, and gather all the resources you obtained from all other characters into gearing up the one you chose.

Last but not least, welcome to DNSEA hope you enjoys your stay.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• dhenmar0528
      dhenmar0528 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. You welcomed me so much I'am Thankful for that, this guide will help me a lot,

I'm sorry I didn't state it clear about what I like, What I mean is that can do good for PVE only, I'm no good for PVP thing. Class that can survive the waves or stages of the labyrinth. Mr, Faraway suggest this destroyer class So I've search for destroyer video in youtube and I really like it, how he survive every blast of boss, I think i'll go for destroyer for more survivability and wide AOE

You Helped me a lot sir I owe you one ^_^

Thank you So much for putting more efforts just to help me God bless and cheer ^_^ see you in the game ^_^

I'll take a note about everything you said it will really help me in my journey ^_^
      Last edited by dhenmar0528; 06-02-2019, 12:51 AM.

• dhenmar0528
      dhenmar0528 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh BTW do you have knowledge about barbarian? are they good at PVE too?

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont really has good warrior knowledge, since I am assassin main. Destroyer is a tanker with some DPS, while Barbarian is considered as a pure DPS class but is not the meta classes currently.

Something good for beginner, I recommend Mercenary which can later, when you reach lv45, specialize into Destroyer (great aoe and survivability) or Barbarian (dead tanky dps class, by 'dead' we mean it performs generally worse than a few other high-tier dps class with comparable amount of investment in gears, and yes, I said 'a few', that means there seem to be many dead classes, at least that's what I heard from most people. I do not play every class in depths so I cannot be too sure about the details).

Mercenary in his early levels can quickly gain skills that have great, easy-to-aim range and damage but do not also lack mobility like a sorceress generally does.
    Destroyer is a good tanker. Other official tanker classes are: Guardian(from cleric) and Defensio(from catgirl machina). While I have only ever played destroyer, I cannot tell anything in depth about the other two classes but in my opinion, DPS-wise: Defensio>Destroyer>Guardian / Easytolearn: Destroyer>Defensio=Guardian / Easytofarm: Destroyer=Denfensio>Guardian / TankingAbility: Guardian>Destroyer>Defensio.

Now some great tips for leveling:
    1) You don't form party to level up, you do solo main quest.
    2) Play in the channel indicated with your level to gain extra exp when a dungeon is cleared, like about 2 times extra (300% of normal exp).
    3) Play dungeon in Hard/Master difficulty during lv1~lv39, or more appropriately I should say up until finishing Hermalte Port / Foothills of Black Mountain, because you will probably be higher than lv40 before the main quests leave Hermalte Port / Foothills, if you do not skip any chapters of the main quest storyline.
    4) After you reach Riverwort Wharf (where lv40 main quest starts), the speed at which you level up will drop. Since you're new to this game, you might those dungeons new and enjoyable. If you're an old player, you will definitely NOT want to run those dungeons in Hard difficulty because that takes way too long and, having played the same dungoens so many times before, we're already bored. In fact, real difficulty (monsters' HP and attack) of dungeons increases with your level and does not depend on region, so you might possibly find that the dungeons in Hermalte Port are already becoming hard when you approach lv40.
    5) What I'm doing in Rivewort Wharf right now is focus on main quest only. I run Easy-difficulty on dungeons which provide ZERO exp for dungeon clear. Very often though, that the main quests ask you to speak with an NPC or look for an object or witness something inside the dungeon, which does not require you to actually run through and clear the whole dungeon (that's what takes time), or better still sometimes the npc stands fcking near to the entrance. That is why I run on Easy-difficulty --- I speak with the npc to finish that particular single mission, then I press 'esc' , click 'return to town', report to the NPC who asked me to go to that dungeon to speak with himself or another NPC, and get my juicy exp.
    6) And yes, I will just tell you that many main quests are down right stupid, because they keep asking you to go to the same set of dungeons. It can be really boring especially for old players who have already done that many times lol.
    7) I do encourage you to read the story though.
    8) As you do main quests and reach lv90 or lv93, it starts to be enjoyable again to play in higher difficulty because that's when you start to learn better skills in addition to upgrading lower-level skills.
    9) As you level from lv1, do not blindly upgrade every skill. You only have so many skill points. You really need to experience by yourself but I will just try to tell you details. This is the same for all classes so I will take example as a Destroyer. To learn skills in the Mercenary skill map (which has two main skill trees, each for Destroyer/Barbarian specialization later, and some utility skills useful to both later), you are required to use up certain amount of skill points in the Warrior's skill map. That is where problems appear because in the early levels from lv15~lv30+, those useful skills can only be upgraded using skill point when your character reaches a certain higher level. So what you can do now is either waste the skill points into upgrading those useless skills in order to reach the required invested Warrior skill point to learn Mercenary skill, OR delay the learning until you reach a higher level so you can put the skill points into upgrading those useful Warrior skills. If you ask what skills are useful and what are not, I'm gonna tell you you have to experience it by yourself. Generally, all active attack skills in the Warrior skill map are useless in the mid levels (lv30+~lv80+) until you reach lv90~95 when only SOME of them get boosted by Class Mastery or [awakened] passives. Generally, you will want all the passives and utility skills in the Warrior skill map, such as 'dash' and 'HP increase' and 'Mana Recovery' and 'Courage' and 'Relive' etc.

10) Dont forget to do the awakening quests starting at lv93 if you choose a non-spinoff class, spin off classes are those that can only specialize into one class for example Warrior->Avenger->Dark Avenger, you will recognise them by their single specialization indication and also fancy class names during character creation in the character menu.

11) When you reach lv95, you can create a DWC (Dragon Nest World Championship if I'm not mistaken) character. You can create ANY class, instantly at lv95, but only PVP. What's useful about that is you can read the skill descriptions of every class and also watch he animation as you right click them. Remember to scroll up or down as you point your mouse cursor at the skill icon to switch between PVE and PVP versions of skill descriptions.

Comment

• dhenmar0528
      dhenmar0528 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really sir I'am thankful for this guidance, you've put so much effort just to help me, Thank you ^_^

I'll take your suggested class I'll go for destroyer I've watch a video on youtube and it was great, ^_^ I think I'm ready for this, haha yeah. but may I ask one more sir?
      Can you suggest a build for my destroyer class?

Thank you so much sir, I'll take note for everything you said ^_^ Cheers

Also, DO NOT use Hero's blood sweat and tears to purchase weapons from blacksmith. Save them up, and purchase Cosutme Wings from an npc callsed, Adventurer David, in Saint Haven.
    You need 9.7k of hbs to purchase it. You can earn 100/200/300 from each dungeon clear at boss drop. You wll probably have enough bhs to buy the wings when you are in lv60s.
    Wings provide movement speed plus other good stats. The movement speed is crucial to experiencing a more fluid, maneuverable, smooth or you can say speedy, and thus more enjoyable gameplay as you proceed to higher levels.

Comment

I am here just to suggest something.
      As beginner, do not pick ** INT ** type classes coz they OP and their needed gears are a bit overpriced.

I honestly want to suggest some classes such as the ff:
      • Destroyer (STR)
      • Light Fury (STR/AGI)
      • The New AGI machina class

Why those?
      Most of em are vacuum wide aoe mob cleaners.
      Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• dhenmar0528
        dhenmar0528 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hellow thanks for your suggestion, I'll go destroyer for now cause I need this SUPER ARMOR to survive the dungeon. but sad to say I can't find any guides about destroyer,

I have question I wanna ask.

Q1: Is the STR type class are cheap? I'm just a beginner I don't have gold
        Q2: Is there any class that can do tanking and also dps?
        Q2: About This New Agi class machina which job do you prefer?

Thank you for help cheers
        Last edited by dhenmar0528; 06-03-2019, 02:22 AM.

• Faraway
        Faraway commented
        Editing a comment
        The only New Agi class machina is Impactor. Very good dps compared to other classes. Comparable to or even surpassing the current most op classes (ML, flurry, ripper etc. (I have personal loving for ripper don't tell me ripper is not high dps >:l ) ).
        Also, since it's AGI based class, it is cheaper to gear.

These 3 classes recommended by Nimmienaticz are really good for beginners. LF is a proficient healer with good range dps, so is popular. Destro just cant die, not so popular because not many players know what he can do to augment the performance of the entire party. Impactor is cheap but very good dps class.

SMASHER. Nothing else comes close.

This might seem like a lazy answer, but I can think of at least half a dozen reason why she's the best class for beginner.
      • Damage: Laser Ray is the best skill any damager could ask for. Even more deadly when combined with several action speed buffs.
      • Survivability: Force Shield grants you 10% periodic healing and 40% damage reduction. In theory, it could even allow you to tank some dangerous attacks that would otherwise prove fatal to other classes, especially when combined with Eraser.
      • Area of Effect: All of Smasher core skills can affect several targets at once and all of them are very potent against bosses, regardless of their mobility and size.
      • Mobility: Both Teleport and Energy Blast can be used as extra mobility skills to cover great distance, evade attacks, and re-position your character.
      • Utility: Time Stop, Time Dodge and Gravity Trap are excellent crowd control skills against World Remaster mobs. Nine Tail Laser can help you push things during certain mechanics.
      • Spam: 8% cooldown reduction from Boost + 10% from Class Mastery 1 + 80% cooldown reduction from Beyond Time.They prevent you from running out of skills or being caught unprepared during burst window.

Last, but not least...
      • Bandwagon: Balance in Dragon Nest is... unpredictable, to say the least. Fortunately, there are plenty of non-elemental and/or INT-based specializations in the game. Worst-case scenario, you can always abandon your ship and move to another one.

Comment

• dhenmar0528
        dhenmar0528 commented
        Editing a comment
        But they said INT base class are OP I think beginner like me can't afford,
        I've watch some video about smasher their dps are great and Aoe is wide but the cost of the class is high too,

Do you know whch class is in demand for raids?

Thank you for you efforts to respond I'am grateful

Cheers

Can you give me some advice sir NearLawlet
        Last edited by dhenmar0528; 06-03-2019, 06:12 AM.

• NearLawlet
        NearLawlet commented
        Editing a comment
        INT items are more expensive, yes, but not by far. It's only normal when you consider the fact that some of the strongest classes in the game belongs to INT type (e.g Smasher, Moonlord). They are generally more fun to use as well.

Damager role is more important than healer or tanker, and Smasher is arguably the strongest class as far as damage is concerned.

I would recommend maybe 2-3 characters. Sure you will mainly gear 1 but there are just so many perks to having lots of chars if you have as much as time as expected. Your main character should be able to DPS enough to support or kill nest bosses. This char will be the dumpsite for your gold and all lucky stuff you can get. Of course late in the game, you will learn more stuff and you can decide which character you really like but it's good to have an initial main who can deal some dmg. This dmg is recommended for your main because you will most likely rely on yourself to clear stuff. This will help you learn the game a bit faster compared to supporting people that cant clear.

The other character/s will be your farming characters. These are the characters that will help you farm more stuff faster than your main. For example, picking a good AoE char for mobs, or a healer/debuffer/tank with less gear requirements. Generally you want to do daily tasks with all your characters but these characters will be farming extra points in maze, clearing your dungeons faster, spamming storm, spamming anything that restricts your main basically. Then dump all the gold to your main character. These are minimally geared chars. Just enough to farm and do all dailies

Comment

Hi again, If you guys have some link guides about Destroyer/Machina/Smasher can you please share it to me? I can't find some guides about Destroyer. And if my ask what class machina is recommended in pve defensio or Luancher?

Thank you so much

cheers

Comment

• Faraway
          Faraway commented
          Editing a comment
          Even though I recommended Destroyer, he is actually very slow. Actually almost all classes are slow, DN itself is a slow game if you play without buff (i.e. class-unique buff, willpower fragment buff, premium stone buff). Willlpower fragment can be purchased from heraldry scholar Stas using master-apprentice points which can be earned by having your apprentice (max number 3) level up to level 60,90,93,95 (I forgot the exact levels) OR by being the apprentice yourself and leveling up to those levels.
          So do not forget to get 3 (max number 3) masters before you reach lv93 because after lv93 you cannot get masters. You can get masters by clicking someone and clicking 'master-request' and having that person approve the request. Normally people wouldn't reject collecting apprentice. Sometimes we even pay for apprenticeship.

• Faraway
          Faraway commented
          Editing a comment
          For builds, common to all classes:
          1) calypse armors and weapons. Don't upgrade from Neris purchased from blacksmith npc. Just play dungeons and sometimes there will be random drops from intruder boss. For myself when I leveled my Flurry from lv1, I got full set of calypse with tier2 weapons before I even reach lv95. You need some luck though. After you've reached lv95, try to go for the famous JASMINE EXPEDITION BASE calypse hunt. There're currently some bugs there that make intruder boss appear at 100% chance somehow. I dont know the details about that if you want to know, try to ask people ingame, also watch youtube videos by SpeedColie about the calypse hunt.
          To reach calypse tier3+20, you will need A LOT OF GOLD. Maybe 200k gold. Try to do side quests while leveling up to get Jellies. I got 9k+ jellies when my character reached lv95.
          2) The most efficient way to increase dps in early games when you are still low-geared, is to increase crit chance, which can be done by buying heraldries with 21k+ or 42k+ 'critical' in addition to fatal heraldriy. You will learn more about DAMAGE as you explore the game. Look up in the forum some pinned posts that explain Debuff/Damage calculation. Also you might want to take a look at Mr Shovel 's farming tips even tho it might not be up to latest date but it's still relevant.
          3) Unique-jades. You will need gold for this. Meanwhile before you get them, settle for epic jades first which you can get from beginner cerberus nest which you can enter using the 3 tickets you get from mail as soon as you reach lv95.
          4) Explore more, you will learn how to play the game eventually.
          5) Don't expect much. Without spending cash, you will need a lot of time and patience to get decent gears.
          6) Maybe don't play too much, pay more attention to what's more important in real life.

For destroyer build and general tips:
          1) For skill heraldies, make sure you get cooldown reduction for Flying Swing and Maelstrom Howl. For Flying Swing, it reduces damage taken by 70% iirc while casting the skill. With the cd reduction heraldry, the cd becomes 1.6 second iirc (bugged, may be fixed in the future, or already fixed). The effective cd is less than 1 second if you consider cast time. Maelstrom Howl has longer cooldown, is an aoe skill very good for clearing mobs provided you're able to kill all of them in one blow, reduces damage taken while casting, heals you for some % of max hp, and also reduces some % of damage output of the affected enemies for a certain duration which is practically forever because its CD < debuff duration with cd reduction heraldry. These two skill also provides HUGE super armor while casting. Note that super armor does not directly help you survive because it alone does not decrease damage taken in any way. What super armor does is allow you to stay on the ground and continue your combos uninterrupted when the boss slaps you and tries to send you flying. Other than these two skills, Destroyer also has many other skills for tanking or assaulting or both.
          2) For solo-ing nest boss, destroyer does not deal much dps compared to other classes. But he can easily survive.
          3) For party nest, you need to provoke the boss and don't let it move around too much, so that your teammates will be happy dealing damage to a stationary target. You will have a skill named 'provoke', make sure you learn that. 'Provoke' is also very useful in STS. Only 3 classes have 'provoke' which are the 3 official tanker class I've mentioned: destro, defensio, guardian. While tanking, you can just FACE TANK most attacks from boss. Of course, make sure that you're using those damage-taken-reduction skill when you're attacked, which is when the 1.6 second cd (iirc) Flying Swing becomes very helpful.
          4) One skill that I love is 'Crash Mode' in the awakened skill map. For some duration you will enter crash mode, which decreases damage taken by 90+%, constantly heals you, has high super armor (not too high tho) and allows you to spam attack. This is a great survival skill, nothing will kill you in crash mode as long as the attack is not mech-based, is not cancelled, and that your gears are not too distant from the difficulty you're trying to clear.

Also:
          1) I have quit DN recently. But I have always wanted to try out Smasher which I didn't. Smasher's laser is really gorgeous. I have played with smashers in nests with 'skill effect invisibility' set to zero. All I saw was LIGHT. Absolutely beautiful. Also great damage output.
          2) It is true that INT classes are more expensive to gear. But not by too much if you are only in the Ujades tier. If you are able to enter the Legend jades realm (which I barely crossed with one toe lol), then yes INT is MUCH MORE expensive. AGI is the cheapest, but still very expensive as long as Ljade is considered.
          3) Don't forget that you can purchase jade and talisman boxes using nest points / nightmare points from NPC. If you're lucky you can get Ujades and even Ljades (named 'victory'), which you cannot sell to other players or server storage but can sell to npc for good amount of gold if the stats don't suit you. I encourage you to keep those high grade Ujades and Ljades in storage instead of selling them to npc just in case there will be changes in the future that makes them useful.
          Last edited by Faraway; 06-04-2019, 07:46 PM.
      Working...
      X