My thoughts on that Dumb 140,000 Box Gacha Event and Payment Method Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on that Dumb 140,000 Box Gacha Event and Payment Method Changes

I don't know if ED is trolling us or if it's just a result of a poorly-contemplated promotional event...

....but that Tier11 is way way unachievable to the point of becoming almost impossible!

Despite the robust-looking population of DN Sea at the moment, I still don't think there's actually 10,000 active players/accounts in this server.

Moreover, even if there is at least 10k active accounts, we could only expect a fraction of that to participate, or say, have the capacity to do so.
    And because of the prior announcement on payment method changes, a lot of people I know already got discouraged, assuming that many won't be able to topup anymore after July 16.
    I strongly believe that has been a huge impact as well for the slow sales.

I really couldn't find the logic why they have to make it per account basis...isn't it only natural for ED to want more sales?
    Is it just mindless copy pasting from freebie mechanics that are normally on per account basis?
    If they actually meant it to be like that (probably to avoid overfeeding the players that much), then why set the bar so high as if they really don't want to give out the rewards in the first place. xD

RE: CC removal

Coming from the Philippines, I'm aware that not many players are not acquainted with the use of mobile wallets yet, let alone owning bank accounts/debit cards and registering to paypal at the same time.
    Majority of them are still students or people in their early 20's to 30's. I hope ED carefully researched about that. The sudden (imagine such short notice, only 2 weeks!!) announcement only to be taken back later on, literally hours before the intended execution is so unprofessional for a company as big as this.

Also, why they don't even care to announce the changes ingame? Do they expect everyone to read check the website always?
    If they can announce promotional events such as "tier 2 gacha reached", I think they should also announce something as important as payment method changes.
    For me it's a big deal and I don't think 2 weeks notice is enough to disseminate the info to all players. I feel so sorry for those who'll buy a lot of CC later on only to find out that they cannot convert it anymore in the game. Unlike tangible stuff, e-pins are non-refundable goods, I hope ED also considered that.

I sincerely wish this could reach to ED.

Comment

Yes, they removed CC, made it Account basis + removed Discounted Altea purchase = Less sales, but the "10k accounts" is not true, some people would buy more than 20 boxes either to help boost the sales or to open/sell the boxes..

Comment

Actually im really suprise that they remove CC purchase system. I recently started playing again with a fresh account and was actually saving some cash to purchase atleast 100,000 CC from the nearest 7-11 store. Good thing that I checked in game first before actually buying it or else im gonna lose money there, that was really suprising. I know that paypal is a secure method of purchasing but its not as convinient, efficient and time saving like the old payment method(Go to the nearest 7-11 store then boom). They should know that there are some players that have a really tight schedule irl and would not have enough time to make a debit card, and as an architecture student myself, I definitely can relate.

Comment

as of now they still have cc logo in top up they not removed maybe they reconsidered the moved of removing it. as for per account i hope those with big wallet can do that open or resell they red lotus gacha so buy more good mates ^^

Comment

+1 to this. There are a lot of people here too that doesn't have bank accounts. My friend planned to join the gacha event but now doesn't bother anymore lol

Comment

Originally posted by Niloise View Post
              There are a lot of people here too that doesn't have bank accounts.
              Is this actually true?...
              I opened my first bank account when I was like 8 years old because banks actually come to schools and provide infos and whatnot and that is like close to 20 years ago, I would assume things are better nowadays.

Comment

• atom100
                atom100 commented
                Editing a comment
                Cash transactions are cheaper, where do you think those merchants got their extra 6% monthly charged by credit card companies , naturally small businesses don't like credit cards
                That's 72% per annum, and banks gives less than 3% interest per annum in your deposits.

• launcelot
                launcelot commented
                Editing a comment
                See? An overhead!

Other implementations in other countries have already subsidized that overhead with other means.

• whitenoise1
                whitenoise1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I mean, I guess not everyone grew up in the same place as you.

I'm actually not sure as to what their real motive is. Regardless, I'm not as active as before when it comes to this event, since I usually purchase like 700+ boxes.

This kind of event is usually held every once a year before the "account transfer" thing happened, thus making it a spending event worth participating. But, the fact that it occurs every month (or every two months) makes it really bland (like DN is desperate for something to happen). The essence of hard work is nearly juiced-out and beginner (new) players will just have to wait for the next event (like this one) to gear their chars.... sigh*

PS. I know DN likes money but... uh.... nevermind
              TDIZ = Today's gonna be a great day!

Comment

As for me - I'm glad that topping-up is now available via PP and from credit card directly (─‿‿─) . After my CC account had been locked I thought that I would never ever top-up again. After July changes there is an opportunity to do so if there is need of doing that.
                P.S. Haven't checked this system yet .. maybe it is also non-working for multiply accounts owner. Guys, is it allowed to use one PP account to top-up to different DN accounts?
                "Work hard if you want to live"
                — Argenta
                "Luckily you have me... We can go all dungeons if you want "
                — Comrade

Comment

At first, topping up on Cherry Credits was so roundabout.

Buy Cherry Credits Topup from a store. Then Topup at Cherry Credits website. Then go to ED and purchase EYET using Cherry Credits

A few months later, it was even more difficult that a shop that sells Cherry Credits scratch card, closed down. I was forced to go the route of...

7-Eleven to buy Gold Razer -> Topup at Gold Razer to buy Cherry Credits Topup -> Then Topup at Cherry Credits website. Then go to ED and purchase EYET using Cherry Credits

This long chain of topups was getting ridiculous so when PayPal idea came into the picture... it was one-click.
                  We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

• Velerlis
                    Velerlis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is so true! And after each transaction you needed to re-login and re-enter all your passwords. It could be quite irritating sometimes. And time-consuming obviously.

• whitenoise1
                    whitenoise1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why not both?

• Zyppy
                    Zyppy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, I didn't know that. I haven't purchase anything after ED owned Dragonest. That was really Inefficient.

Removal of cc is postponed right?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• launcelot
                    launcelot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Postponed is different from cancelled. It's just delaying the inevitable. Unless otherwise they fully retracted it.
                    Last edited by launcelot; 07-19-2019, 03:13 AM.

• Eud
                    Eud commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right, they didn't even mentioned the date, prolly waiting for gacha event to end

Come to think of it, dropping CC does help improve the bluebird and discord landscape. I noticed a significant drop on shout outs for buying and selling CC.

Special mention for the Dara Mae scammer who uses that tactic to scam and weasel out your username abd password because of quitting
                  (include signature emote T_T)
                  We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

the first thing came to my mind is how a company hates money when they can profit selling per char basis from the increase of players from INA and EU that migrated to SEA.

Comment

they forgot now to update count or maybe no more buying red lotus gacha now?

Comment

Working...
                      X