Problem with level 1 characters in saint have/red lotus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with level 1 characters in saint have/red lotus

Hello, as most if not all the players know by now is that there is a big problem with level 1 character impersonating other players by creating similar IGN's.

This is not a new issue in dragonnest or in other mmo's.

However, after the recent patch it has become a lot easier for newly created characters to enter Saint Haven or Red Lotus when honestly, level 1 characters have no purpose to fulfill in these towns. I know that before this patch, we can already personally invite level 1 characters to Saint Haven via parties.

The PROBLEM with this is that many players are falling for these "posers" tactics. I often get messages or blue birds stating that I have scammed their gold when I have received no gold for anything whatsoever. This happens even when I am AFK in town where my friends would just message me on discord or facebook telling me that someone is blue birding my name in town.

I have uploaded a fraction of players who gets these posers on a daily basis.

REAL IGNS:
    RogerRed
    Seizano
    NronronN
    oHiikari
    ValveKunn
    iMackey
    Rhimuru
    FlareHoly
    MrZashin
    UndeadRM
    BurNIng10
    SriLove

FAKE IGNS are shown on the photos uploaded. Its basically just a very similar IGN from the original to try to fool other players.

This video here is proof of these scammers staying close by and use the /trade <ign> command to try to fool players into thinking the real person is trading them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKzZCoyn0gg&t=

MY SUGGESTION(S):

1.) One thing we could implement to prevent these from happening is by increasing the minimum level requirements of characters going to Saint Haven/Red Lotus.

2.) My other suggestion would be to unable characters below level 24 to trade other players. If you need anything grab it from your other via storage character. Surely theres nothing a level 24 character can get from other players to help them level up. Max level is when this game truly starts anyway.
    Last edited by rogerrr; 07-22-2019, 05:25 AM.

Also please change this i and L thing because mostly people got scammed by those kind of poser, u cant tell either its capital i or small L , for example " lIlIlI " can u differentiate the the capital i and the small L there ? no right , suppose i think its time to change it to the i in the photo, thank you.

Comment

look at this small L ez to make poser ryt

Comment

• whitenoise1
        whitenoise1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol that same guy tried to scam me. Caught him when he tried to ask to pilot my character and keeps saying how big "his" guild is, the thing is, the real one bought some CC items from me and he thought I was easy prey because I just talked to the real one a few minutes before. LOL

also this CAPITAL i on the HoIy the original IGN is : FlareHoly u cant tell the different right

Comment

Lv 1 can go to Red Lotus? how? teach me. I got a lv 95 character can't go to Red Lotus until finished previous main quest.

Comment

• rogerrr
          rogerrr commented
          Editing a comment
          same way as Saint Haven.. Just get invited to a party or self join (untick worldzone)

"increasing the minimum level requirements of characters going to Saint Haven/Red Lotus"

I see the point but can not agree with it. First of all, there is already such limit. That it can be easily ignored is the other topic. Second, does it really matter if scammer is lvl 1, 24 or 95?

I pre-agree on that the number of scammers might decrease because of the level restrictions and increase of time needed to reach particular level. Looking at it the other way it will be harder for players (potential victims) to recognize scammers. I mean those who boosted their dummies to 95 lvl. Now we can easily recognize scammers by coping their IGN and checking via cash shop gift option - lvl 1 is a great flag. And if both real player and imposer are 95 lvl - how do we gonna understand who is who and who is who's imposer? @@ Especially if we do not familiar with "real player", meet him for 1st time in our life, see his class only thanks to party system and the imposer creates the same class character with slightly different IGN spelling. I'm talking about recognizing players/imposers on distance.

"The PROBLEM with this is that many players are falling for these "posers" tactics"

One can not think instead of another. It is personal responsibility to be critical, do not believe blindly and think twice before doing something. It might sound harsh but it is what I believe in.Plus, trusted svc-sellers do not send trade requests - they only offer theirs clients to do so via raid party chat.
        "Work hard if you want to live"
        — Argenta
        "Luckily you have me... We can go all dungeons if you want "
        — Comrade

Comment

• Nronron
          Nronron commented
          Editing a comment
          Before they require u to finish level 24 Main Quest until u go in SH or allowed to Teleport there, we pointing here also that they should not allow lvl 1 in SH, because whats the point also if they go in SH ? they couldn't even go dungeons in SH (or they can? idk), as u stated also in ur comment "the imposer creates the same class character with slightly different IGN spelling", they could just hide in far distance and act like the GEARED PLAYER (if AFK) and scam people, this was also been issue before , bust now we got some player also from INDO/EU or other country that couldn't understand English, even if u warn them or tell them.

• Velerlis
          Velerlis commented
          Editing a comment
          rogerrr, I understand that it is the question of a solid reputation and any honest player should not suffer because of some scammer's actions. It is awful that you and other players keep getting unfairly accused. Still I'm sure that such level restrictions might make the situation worse, in a long term perspective.

I would not be so sure that there will not be scammers with 95 lvl characters at all. With +100% exp on business days +300% on weekdays it is not so painful to level-up. Plus, there is the name changing card, in the cash shop so (rich) scammer can change IGN after (s)he reaches 95 lvl.

I do not know how to prove to the community that for e.g. Ilya is a trusted player while |lya /Iiya /Ilyaa and etc. number of "a" is a scammer. I mean that for the majority of players both IGNs are equally unknown. If both characters are 95 lvl you can not easily prove that one is your imposer. In such a case players need ED crew help. I'm afraid that honest player's account might get banned instead of scammer's ><. For instance, because of being suspected to often or by too many players.

To sum up, level restrictions de-facto (now we have de-jure) are good only if if they do not harm honest players.

• Velerlis
          Velerlis commented
          Editing a comment
          Nronron, btw 1st level restriction is (was?) on lvl 9 We needed to obtain some pass or reach lvl 9 before going to Calde before the World re-master patch. After that patch seems that any lvl character can enter lvl dungeon. Nests are exception.

So passports on lvl 9, 24 and 95 are the way to 'legally' carry characters from one town to another. Teleporting thing can be compared with an 'illegal' way, trespassing I do know not if game developers made this backdoor on purpose or not so I can not say whether it should exist or should not.

" they could just hide in far distance "
          Yes, it is the point! If we can see honest player's and imposer's IGN on distance only checking their level in the cash shop seems to be the only option to recognize the scammer. If both are personally unknown and have the same lvl - trust no one is my verdict.

" now we got some player also from INDO/EU or other country that couldn't understand English "
          *phew* so English is still quite an official in-game language, isn't it? After bumping into a lot of indo player in a raw I started too feel a foreigner here

Where is my daily poser who tried to scam my guild members?

Poser `FizoOmar` where are you baby?
        Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• rogerrr
          rogerrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Your poser will show up as soon as you start selling anything! :C

I've had this done to me twice. And it's mostly when a guildmate bb's selling ljades.

I get this out of nowhere "?" pm. And then the next thing my guildmates send me screenshots of a player with "EIrawen" ign pm-ing them to meet them at th (when I'm not even anywhere near there). They're mostly lvl1 warriors too. Not even bothering to make it sorc since I am a sorc. :'v

Comment

• rogerrr
          rogerrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Its really just an easy access for level 1 posers to come and pretend to be you in Saint Haven. Its becoming a feeding ground for these posers.

halu pulis

Comment

• sachiN
          sachiN commented
          Editing a comment
          polis pls!!!!

I think they allow lvl 1 because of calypse hunt in invaders
        I lvling up my sub in my daily task so i can prepare calypse items after i hit lvl 95

well they drastically increase month of may and up towards now plus they tainting the names of servicers TT

Comment

• Velerlis
          Velerlis commented
          Editing a comment
          atom100, let's not mix restriction in level and restriction in completing MQ. MQ is a part of game, it opens new opportunities and it is not a discrimination in any way. MQ restrictions exist for a reason so no argues here.
          Level restrictions are another topic.
          Answering to your question 'legal' reasons for characters below 95 lvl to go to RLP might be... a tourism. Just too look around, run through new dungeons, hang out with friends who ady completed all MQ chapters. Or they just got bored with all other places already.
          Not only characters below 95 can do nothing in RLP (no quests, NPC ignore them) but 95 lvl character w/ finished MQ as well. I suppose that some part of current RLP population are visitors...
          As for me I moved there just to avoid new SH bgm (it is quite awful imho). Plus RLP TH holder is much more prettier than all others!

• Velerlis
          Velerlis commented
          Editing a comment
          P.S. Emoticon boxes were sent to all characters and to open that boxes wee need to spam several RLP dungeons.

• clawjack
          clawjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Velerlis you got bored at th npc because it's a old man and in RLP TH npc is girl correct if i'm wrong ^^

Jeez i hate those scammers man, i think ED should've fix that "we have to finish MQ to go to RLP" thingy, i am on my way on finishing MQ but there's a lot of content we can't enjoy if we ain't finishing the MQ.

Well i know the Skip button does exist there, but i want that juicy crystal points bruv. They should've forbid any1 below 95 to get to RLP and any1 below 24 to get to SH. That's just how it's supposed to be.

Comment

• rogerrr
          rogerrr commented
          Editing a comment
          clawjack I've forgotten about level boosting since I usually just get my friends to help me out. This topic is definitely a tough one

• Kgy97
          Kgy97 commented
          Editing a comment
          wdym? they gave the event chest where the objective is achievable if you're in RLP. and we can't rely on others forever to get there too

• clawjack
          clawjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Kgy97 for chest event is for new map they will removed it later

rogerrr they can only solved it if they back again with lvl restriction to sh to lvl 24 before they can enter hope to decrease those scammer and poser

Here it is again more and more getting posers and getting scam every single day most of them are "indo"

Comment

• Nronron
          Nronron commented
          Editing a comment
          "some" of the players don't know how to read or follow instruction even if u say "self trade", and this poser's using /trade system, and "some" don't understand English and some are confuse or dont know how to check the IGN properly because the FAKE ign looks like the REAL/LEGIT player. Like shown in the photo

• clawjack
          clawjack commented
          Editing a comment
          hhmmm so who will take responsibility that they not even inspect the one they trading and please if they playing online game maybe they can read at least to those who using blue bird that they scam or something they not even care.After they been scammed they only know how howling like beast in chat box

ps if someone read this someone from servicers of gdn has bright idea they party up in stage not in town so no one poser there

• rogerrr
          rogerrr commented
          Editing a comment
          clawjack the problem with creating in stage instead of in town is that there's a lot of people who join the party but is not actually buying or trying to ask for discounts once they enter the party. They then refuse to leave the party, which then forces the whole party to leave and form a new one. It's really just a big hassle so I would still rather form in town
      Working...
      X