[Question] Old Nests and Abyss Difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Old Nests and Abyss Difficulty

Will the old nests (Cerberus, manticore, sea dragon, etc.) come back? and would there be an abyss difficulty for low levels again? Game feels like it just wants you to lvl cap ASAP by making all dungeons easier :/

Originally posted by glafx View Post
    Will the old nests (Cerberus, manticore, sea dragon, etc.) come back? and would there be an abyss difficulty for low levels again? Game feels like it just wants you to lvl cap ASAP by making all dungeons easier :/
    As far as i know , they remade manticore nest/ SDN / arch bishop nest , however with the current gears, they are pretty easy to clear
    main purpose of this game in my opinion is to farm up your end game equipment for the hardest incoming 8man hc raid
    and hopefully along the way , you find some good friends and start the journey together. Thats what MMO is all about.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

aren't they going to rework the guardian nest?

Comment

Originally posted by Fourth View Post
        aren't they going to rework the guardian nest?
        Yes, 95 cap gets Forest Dragon Nest, Volcano Nest, And Guardians Nest
        Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
        NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

• Ayer
          Ayer commented
          Editing a comment
          Forest Dragon Nest??

• Couplord
          Couplord commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe the 95 dragon is the forest dragon.

Originally posted by Couplord View Post

Yes, 95 cap gets Forest Dragon Nest, Volcano Nest, And Guardians Nest
        got it..

i dunno if i already asked this..
        but is the chronicle character available on sept7?

Comment

• Couplord
          Couplord commented
          Editing a comment
          I sadly can't say, If i have to guess I'd say no since I haven't seen any information about it in the contents preview.

• Fourth
          Fourth commented
          Editing a comment
          well if there would've been chronicle characters, i guess it would not be applicable to Mechanics tho.

Originally posted by Chelly View Post

As far as i know , they remade manticore nest/ SDN / arch bishop nest , however with the current gears, they are pretty easy to clear
        main purpose of this game in my opinion is to farm up your end game equipment for the hardest incoming 8man hc raid
        and hopefully along the way , you find some good friends and start the journey together. Thats what MMO is all about.
        It may be what MMO's all about but sometimes I feel the need to relive the feelings of old days, struggling in low-level dungeon with minimalist gears. You know, I hope we have a choice.

Comment

hard to know on future patch ... too many nest now
          lv90 nest also less player going to run
          Hello

Dragon Nest SEA

Comment

• HoeDeng
            HoeDeng commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing useful from lvl 90 nest really . The removal of crafting system pretty much killed most of the motivation to raid . Back in 80 cap we still have a reason to clear low lvl nests due to the crafting materials but now we just don't find the need to clear low lvl nests anymore .

• SaintSG
            SaintSG commented
            Editing a comment
            HoeDeng, You are truth, cap95 patch coming all will AIM lv95 nest for crafting materials also ..

Some Lv90 Nests became part of Nests for Crafting/Buying/Gaining Slayer Gears.
          Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

It just feels too forced to make everything about the endgame. MMO is also about grinding/farming, the long journey (where you meet a lot of players) to reach the endgame content. But they pretty much ruined that part of MMO when they made everything easier (from lvl 1 to 85?).

Plus: I personally don't think Dragon Nest would get more new players this way since the hard/exciting stuff only appears on 90+. They would probably get bored fast with the current difficulty of the game. (Either this is true or i am biased cause i miss the way things were)
            Last edited by glafx; 09-03-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelly View Post

I would like Cerberus and Apocalypse Nest, like ABN/Manti Nest Re Made!

Comment

Just like to share my thoughts about this topic:

Low-Level Abyss Dungeons:
                • For levelling purposes, these dungeons are not necessarily needed as Master level can give enough experience needed.
                • The difficulty in reaching the cap level now, in my opinion, is just right. Not very easy, Not very difficult either.
                • The only thing this might come in handy is for Rock of Blessing hunt where in you can select a pretty easy abyss dungeon for you and spam it till you get ROB.
                  • Which is, for me, not a good thing.
                Low-level Nest
                • These are being revamped for updated Cap level.
                • I do not see any point of having them rather than for gears[?] as you level?
                  • But this is also not necessary anymore as drops are already enough.
                • During the time they were available, most, if not all, of these nests were neglected.
                  • Due to the fact that most players are focused on reaching level cap to participate on Cap-level nests.
                Challenge while levelling
                • I personally do not believe the idea that it is for the challenge. It will not be worth the time as you will need to progress in the game.
                • I do not know how to phrase this but I really do not see the point of having it as a challenge when there are more challenging things ahead?
                Removal of these nests/Easy levelling makes the game boring:
                • But very long and time-consuming runs are boring as well. It was one reason why I went hiatus when I found the game last 2013. Those grinds are pretty boring and the struggle to cap is disappointing.
                  • I even have my friends boost me that time but it was indeed a struggle.
                • Levelling, as I mentioned is not easy but rather just right.
                The game is focused on end game:
                • Isn't this what most want? to participate in level-cap content?
                • This is the reason why we do not do the main quest. Most look for boosters. Most just grind certain and fast dungeons.
                  • Because the main goal should be able to participate in level cap contents.
                  • Doing low-level contents will not do you any good as you will need to progress more into the game.
                Last edited by nvLite; 09-03-2017, 12:54 PM.
                Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

To be fair, there are also a lot of players quitting MMOs before they even reach the level cap because of the heavy grind. I find the current leveling experience in DN justifiable.

What I hoped they would have done for old low level nests is adapting a level sync system, or maybe just some stat adjustments like on other existing ingame contents. Just revamp some mechanics like what they're doing now and then update the rewards to accommodate both low and max level players. (Though personally, I am a little bit sad that they are just rereleasing nests right now with only 1 new nest here and there)

Comment

I have something to say on the subject of old nest. I've brought it up before, but no one was with me then and I doubt anyone is with me now.

Through the time of me playing dragon nest and many other games in this type of genre, I have learned a word makes a big difference in how you can enjoy your experience with a game.
                    "Natural Progression" and I would like to add. Dragon Nest does *NOT* have natural progression. Now I already know people gonna read this comment and be like, "what in the banana is this person talking about?"

There is a reason we need the old nests back, because what about the little guy? What about that feeling of naturally progressing feeling yourself getting stronger and stronger as you go through the game. Learning the mechanics of crafting armor,
                    Learning when to dodge and how to time your combos on enemies? It's gotten to the point where I know how Saitama feels like. Through just reaching max cap or lvling up alone and getting these OP gears from regular dungeon runs.

It teaches me absolutely nothing about the coming hardships that I will face in the game, its as almost if the game expects you to know that it will get super hard at end game content or you know how to craft armor
                    and do all the do dad things of plates and junk. Another problem....sidequests. They don't matter anymore, the side quest were an important part of the over arching story. Allowing you to get to know the characters and their motivations for doing what they were doing in the story.
                    These no longer matter because you blow past the level rate in only 1 dungeon run and sometimes they don't even show up for you because they are so insignificant now.

I will say, Natural Progression is there, but it feels really....forced. There isn't really anything for lower level players that's in their range to do to go like "oh I'm looking forward to that, so I'll grind these next 5 lvls to get there."
                    It doesn't teach teamwork like how the old nest used to.

Example:
                    Minotaur nest should be a gateway nest to prepare lower players what to expect when they go into a real nest. Every single lvl 24 character I have can solo that place no problem
                    by not even breaking a sweat no dodging no nothing..just wack the boss until they die. Oh look, I'm a lvl 90 something about to go into a nest hey I betcha its going to be exactly like that, Minotaur nest that I did when I was level 24 right?
                    End Example.

Another Matter people have told me: "Grind endgame content til the next content comes out."
                    My response: "Why? I'm already maxed cap."

The game should gradually prepare you for each challenge ahead. How life is its all about challenges and how you over come them. In dragon nest it feels like all my wins are being
                    handed on a silver platter until the endgame content literally does the quickest 180 and bitch slaps you in the face for not preparing for it.

Now, I'm not saying the combat in dragon nest suck. by no means am I saying that, but how can you have this great combat and you can't even combo anything because everything dies in one hit?
                    So, I know I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I would like to see some of you guys view on the matter. Shoot maybe I'm wrong about what I'm talking about, but for tight now Dragon Nest feels really...empty.
                    Last edited by Eliel; 09-13-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliel View Post
                      I have something to say on the subject of old nest. I've brought it up before, but no one was with me then and I doubt anyone is with me now.

Through the time of me playing dragon nest and many other games in this type of genre, I have learned a word makes a big difference in how you can enjoy your experience with a game.
                      "Natural Progression" and I would like to add. Dragon Nest does *NOT* have natural progression. Now I already know people gonna read this comment and be like, "what in the banana is this person talking about?"

There is a reason we need the old nests back, because what about the little guy? What about that feeling of naturally progressing feeling yourself getting stronger and stronger as you go through the game. Learning the mechanics of crafting armor,
                      Learning when to dodge and how to time your combos on enemies? It's gotten to the point where I know how Saitama feels like. Through just reaching max cap or lvling up alone and getting these OP gears from regular dungeon runs.

It teaches me absolutely nothing about the coming hardships that I will face in the game, its as almost if the game expects you to know that it will get super hard at end game content or you know how to craft armor
                      and do all the do dad things of plates and junk. Another problem....sidequests. They don't matter anymore, the side quest were an important part of the over arching story. Allowing you to get to know the characters and their motivations for doing what they were doing in the story.
                      These no longer matter because you blow past the level rate in only 1 dungeon run and sometimes they don't even show up for you because they are so insignificant now.

I will say, Natural Progression is there, but it feels really....forced. There isn't really anything for lower level players that's in their range to do to go like "oh I'm looking forward to that, so I'll grind these next 5 lvls to get there."
                      It doesn't teach teamwork like how the old nest used to.

Example:
                      Minotaur nest should be a gateway nest to prepare lower players what to expect when they go into a real nest. Every single lvl 24 character I have can solo that place no problem
                      by not even breaking a sweat no dodging no nothing..just wack the boss until they die. Oh look, I'm a lvl 90 something about to go into a nest hey I betcha its going to be exactly like that, Minotaur nest that I did when I was level 24 right?
                      End Example.

Another Matter people have told me: "Grind endgame content til the next content comes out."
                      My response: "Why? I'm already maxed cap."

The game should gradually prepare you for each challenge ahead. How life is its all about challenges and how you over come them. In dragon nest it feels like all my wins are being
                      handed on a silver platter until the endgame content literally does the quickest 180 and bitch slaps you in the face for not preparing for it.

Now, I'm not saying the combat in dragon nest suck. by no means am I saying that, but how can you have this great combat and you can't even combo anything because everything dies in one hit?
                      So, I know I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I would like to see some of you guys view on the matter. Shoot maybe I'm wrong about what I'm talking about, but for right now Dragon Nest feels really...empty.
                      My feelings exactly. We might get hated.

Comment

glad someone agrees.

Comment

Working...
                        X