commented on 's reply
    Doing Goddess' work

• ArvinALQ
    replied
    tbh this is the only thread im subscribed lols

Leave a comment:

• Chocorroles
    commented on 's reply
    tinku can you tell me in which quest it was actually said that so I can go back and read it? I have screenshots of every part of the dialogue and I don't ever remember anyone saying it was a "jewel".

• KillianQ
    commented on 's reply
    i didnt realize a lot has commented here already xD

• tinku
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, player gets a minor part of Argenta's jewel, and Velskud gets the rest. In Mistland quest it was mentioned multiple times. And regarding Ren's powers, it's all theoretical. We just don't know how powerful his original powers are. All we can do is assume like you did that he is weak because multiple characters in Mistland say that. 'Weak human" this and 'weak human' that. And because it goes with players narrative. If he's too OP rest of the classes can't compete with him. Ruby mentions to other players that he might be weak and died a long time ago, but when you play assassin he's surprised, and says he's stronger than he realizes.
    Last edited by tinku; 11-02-2017, 11:19 PM.

• Chocorroles
    commented on 's reply
    tinku No, Velskud's has Argenta's jewel. What the player character got was her "blessing" long ago which came back to protect them from Feather, and a deus ex like that is probably not coming back. And they also got Iona's power to protect themselves from Mistland. Iona's jewel is somewhere in Halfling.

Iona's does acknowledge Ren is a fragment of Beyond, in fact he mocks the Assassin for not noticing that was the real reason Lunaria was chasing him and Rubinart meddling to turn off the curse that would kill him if close the Monolith, which is also dealt during the quests with Rubinart, who tells him Lunaria was "picking her tools".

Ren isn't really that special and nowere near a powerful or perfected dragon, he's as strong as any other player character that crossed to Mistland. And not because he *probably* can consume other Child's jewels it means he should and it's certainly not adviced considering everything that happens to those who do. Also everyone forgets that the Academic also runs powered in Daisy's dragon jewel and it's a clone of a clone of her, Iona knew this and they talked about it.

The other use of Iona's power was to heal the poison of the sea dragon, by the way, which everyone needed regardless of anything.

• tinku
    commented on 's reply
    A very late reply. Don't expect it. Rencraw or Assassin, should have had even more story line in Mistland. Technically, if you are playing Assassin, you can become infinitely more powerful by consuming the gems of other Childs. Hell, they don't even acknowledge the fact that he's a child or dragon. He borrows Iona's(?) power to stay sane(?) in Mistland. DN used to have great character centric plot lines in the beginning, but ever since 80 cap, they tried to combine all of those into a single narrative. So, yeah, it probably won't have sliver of effect on Phantom Class.

Edit: Didn't see the comment above. valid points but that doesn't change the fact he has two gems in him now(Beyond and Argenta's), no matter how weak they are. Technically, beyond fragment should start corrupting Argenta's part gem by now. Developers aren't going to touch that. They need a single plot line now to avoid extra work, and frankly it takes a lot of time to create individual plots.
    Last edited by tinku; 11-02-2017, 09:30 PM.

• Chocorroles
    commented on 's reply
    Can you believe this has never been addressed in canon? Maybe he isn't a Child because he wasn't born there and he was actually created, but I'm very certain Vestinel or Pytia can reclaim him any time they want and control him just like Rubinart recently. This is supported by the fact that Lunaria tried to do it but failed because Ren was unable to cross due to Rubinart's trap, who already predicted someone or something would attempt to take Ren to Mistland.

Ren is probably too weak for them to care. Childs are just so many that Ren is just dime-a-dozen, and Pytia has Rubinart under her control now.

• Verbena
    replied
    The CC version of this thread was pinned, so I will stick this one.

I should go an unstick the threads of events already finished.

Leave a comment:

• Chocorroles
    replied
    BUMPING THIS I didn't know we were back at it again.

What's the mood lads.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    Chapter 15: A New Faction story summary script:Click image for larger version

Name:	DN 2017-09-07 22-03-18 Thu.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	82796
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DN 2017-09-07 22-03-33 Thu.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	82797Click image for larger version

Name:	DN 2017-09-07 22-03-43 Thu.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	82798

Leave a comment:

• KillianQ
    replied
    question dear scholars...Rencraw was created by Rubinart using a fragment of the Beyond Dragon's gem right? does that make him a Child? if so, do you think this will be reflected on the upcoming spin-off class, Bloody Phantom?

Leave a comment:

• BlazingSkies
    replied
    I hope this thread gets pinned. Will include in my FAQ thread. Looking forward for 95 cap main quest story.

Leave a comment:

• keioII
    replied
    Great, I've quit the game for a few years now in favor of FFXIV. Would love to read "The story thus far" summary to know what's the current happenings in the plot.

Leave a comment:

• Trud
    replied
    I'll write a "The Story So Far" as long as I remember all the details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X