Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much internet data DN consumes?

Hi everyone,
    i recently cut off my subscription from our ISP due to transfer of house. then last night I had my prepaid wifi loaded with 1GB. then that 1GB data is only good for 30mins. initial loading screen (irine walking with the hounds) eats about 60MB already. Then created a ray mechanic, open gacha boxes, transferred some gold from my main, then first main quest, TADAAHH no more data </3

I`m 100% sure that there are no other background apps eating my data.

thoughts?
    ty

dn shudnt have used more than 100mb per hour. try to check if u have steam/antivirus auto-update disabled. those are usually the main culprit of data depletion

Comment

Originally posted by xEquation View Post
      dn shudnt have used more than 100mb per hour. try to check if u have steam/antivirus auto-update disabled. those are usually the main culprit of data depletion
      are you serious?! T____T

I mean, i checked the system and antivirus updates were disabled before starting the game.
      i didn't even open facebook. just 1 browser tab to monitor my data usage.
      maybe i`ll try to reconsider :/ i already shedded 100php (2 usd) for just 2 hours :/

EDIT:

i searched across the web and redirected me to CC forums where i found this..
      i think i shd really review all my apps and downloads.

i can`t believe this... Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-07.png
Views:	280
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	82982
      Last edited by Fourth; 09-07-2017, 07:02 PM. Reason: added picture for reference

Comment

uhh i remember using my 1.5GB cellular data for more than 5 hours but i dont stay in town that long ( was leveling )
        Queenth Arte Shoppe

Comment

I agree with xEquation. There's gotta be something eating your bandwidth other than the game.
          Try downloading the software Glasswire or Netlimiter to check if there's other things consuming data.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasumi Watahashi View Post
            I agree with xEquation. There's gotta be something eating your bandwidth other than the game.
            Try downloading the software Glasswire or Netlimiter to check if there's other things consuming data.
            wow, thanks for the app suggestion. i`ll do it later, and hopefully play over the weekend
            i`ll keep you guys updated Yasumi Watahashi xEquation

Comment

Originally posted by Queenth View Post
              uhh i remember using my 1.5GB cellular data for more than 5 hours but i dont stay in town that long ( was leveling )
              does DN consume more data when leaping through different maps? i was about to level my ray mech.

Comment

I was able to play DN for almost 4 hours with 300mb DATA when we did not have a internet line installed.

did you try checking windows update?
                Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Originally posted by nvLite View Post
                  I was able to play DN for almost 4 hours with 300mb DATA when we did not have a internet line installed.

did you try checking windows update?
                  </3 maybe i overlooked something. tsk

i will try to review all possible suspects, sir.
                  as well as installing netlimiter for additional monitoring.

Comment

Here's my august network stats for DN, might give you idea how much bandwidth dn consumes.

★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
                    Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
                    Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
                    DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Originally posted by MeshPolygon View Post
                      Here's my august network stats for DN, might give you idea how much bandwidth dn consumes.

SRSLY?! that's a month's data consumption?!
                      omayghad... i ate all of it in 30mins

Comment

What is the version of Windows that you're running? If it's 8 or 10, you may try setting your wifi connection to a metered connection. If it's 10, no wonder its eating alot of bandwidth. Besides Windows update, Windows store is also sneaking behind scenes and updates its apps. These two literally killed my net. It will hog the whole network bandwidth.
                        ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
                        Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
                        Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
                        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Originally posted by MeshPolygon View Post
                          What is the version of Windows that you're running? If it's 8 or 10, you may try setting your wifi connection to a metered connection. If it's 10, no wonder its eating alot of bandwidth. Besides Windows update, Windows store is also sneaking behind scenes and updates its apps. These two literally killed my net. It will hog the whole network bandwidth.
                          i`m running on win10.. i had my netlimiter installed to restrict them and monitor as well

Comment

Working...
                          X