Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BabyKuri
    ​​​​​​​
    I always feel I'm trapped and cannot stop unless I finish them.
    this is exactly what i meant...they're slowing down the pace in which players achieve their goals, by "extending" the periods of time they spend in game in order to craft...it's unusual for an MMORPG but other games do this too (especially the casual ones like Candy Crush, Farmville, etc.)...it does make your goals seem farther than you expect it to be because of the limitations but for them they simply have "38 weeks or 9 months+" to think of something new to add to the game...it IS dying and i'm pretty sure they know that and as a solution for the imminent death of the game they decided to make players "busy" by limiting what they can do in a day...bad move, but most of the time it works...that way the game still has a few years to live cause there are still some players who are grinding for their Slayer parts or Genesis accessories (like me, still a month left for my very first Genesis Ring -_-) and so the devs still have time to come up with new improvements for the game...otherwise they're probably gonna release more grinding stuff

btw, someone on youtube actually explained why Candy Crush and other mobile games became so popular and addictive...that's where i got this idea
    Last edited by KillianQ; 10-21-2017, 01:15 AM.
    "Behind every mask lies a man who can't live in his own sins..."

Comment

What % of players do you think actually aims for these items behind weeks of farming? I thought not many. I have never even tried to get one of those, I just own what can drop or be bought in TH or maybe nightmare because I often help people run those, but that's just me.

Even before this update this stuff looked like a chore and there's isn't enough content or challenge to make me feel like I'm making a right choice and not just mindlessly waste my time, get end gear and then never touch that character again.

Comment

• KillianQ
        KillianQ commented
        Editing a comment
        not all players are the same...we range from casual to hardcore and there's plenty of hardcore players in MMOs...as a casual player i agree with what you're saying but these grinding stuff are better than having to do nothing at all...besides Slayer armor is still better than +20 Tier 2 Calypse...for us F2P players it's either work hard or pray hard ) sadly this new FTG system is too much for everyone to handle...but as they say it's supposed to be intended and if you look at it from the devs' perspective, we should've been thankful that we had a different FTG policy before all of this "chaos"..i guess we're being treated a bit more special than other servers

game is not dying

lol ppl have said that game will die soon since 24 cap

but game still keeps going somehow

Comment

What's the point of buying FTG potions if it keep running out? If EYE really wants to make the game like this, I think all the fun will be destroyed. Please also think of players who always SOLO too. I really hope we can still enter the dungeons despite of 0 FTG.

Comment

Rather than limiting FTG, I would rather have a limit on Slayer entries that can be earned per day or limit on Slayer entrance.

Comment

I will just copy and paste what i mentioned in a different threat but similar topic.

The FTG system we have right now is the original system that KDN CDN and JDN had from the very beginning of the game.
            DNsea was an exception and the devs did us a favour by crafting a special FTG system specially for us.
            Now that we are back under EYE who are the developers of the game, it is inevitable that we will return to the original FTG system, which is the original intended system for DN.

I can probably guess the reasoning behind this FTG system.

In South Korea where online gaming addiction is a huge problem, the south korean government implemented several laws on online gaming, like the "Cinderella" law which blocks young people from playing online games from 12mn to 6am. Other law dictates that the game does not encourage the player to spend long hours in the game.
            One example i remember was in Lineage, where the player would get less exp or drop rate when he plays continuously for 4 hours or longer, thus discouraging the player from playing for extended periods of time.

DN, being an MMO from South Korea, also has to adhere to these laws. And the FTG system is their answer. You can only enter dungeons if you have sufficient FTG, and nests have limits. Of course, there are ways to gain additional FTG and entry limits, but ultimately you cannot run them indefinitely.

Also, another good thing i can think of is that with the current FTG system, gold farming bots will be severely hit in their ability to farm gold endlessly. Whether this is a good or bad thing for the players is another question, but at least for the developers of the game, it helps to curb illegal RMT.

So, for those who are crying out that you cannot enter dungeons because of no FTG, there are several ways to gain FTG.
            - Get 3 likes to get 300 FTG (daily)
            - Hot spring on certain days give 500 FTG, (2 rounds, so total 1000 FTG)
            - Time to eat those FTG pots that you've been hoarding!
            - Buy VIP membership, iirc you get 1000 FTG daily, among other good stuff. If there's anything worth buying from the cashshop, it is this VIP membership. Not compulsory, but it helps alot.

On a closing note, change is always evitable, so do learn to analyse the situation and make the most of the situation.

Like Bear Grylls, Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
            Last edited by IJumpUJump; 10-20-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• NasagiChan
              NasagiChan commented
              Editing a comment
              Finally someone who understands this!
              + ED will sure change the FTG system a bit that you can at least all things in a normal daily routine.
              Since they mentioned to remove the Nest Limit also.

We mobile now bois. Most likely future patches will result in FTG only being able to be filled with real cash. Because ED's gotta earn that moolah somehow.

Hey ED! Just got you guys a new idea to earn more $$$

It really sucks that devs have to bring in the South Korean stupidity to the SEA region.
            Last edited by sngweiwei; 10-20-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bug? Verbena even forwarded the issue, so it means this is most likely a bug. Maybe the free FTG Potion is just a way to ease the players ranting left and right.

Comment

• Arkhaez
                Arkhaez commented
                Editing a comment
                Verbana already said on the other similar thread that the devs confirmed this to be intended. There's a notice that has been posted at the website too.

https://us.dragonnest.com/news/notice/all/215
              this was a month ago while NA get lv 95 cap patch
              they changed it without on patch note too there
              the problem is, ED say nothing UNTIL NOW about sudden change to SEA even after patch and they even give us a "surprise event" like to make us shut up about ftg system
              even the event page of DN SEA is broken more than 24hrs

Comment

I doubt they will change the current system. =\

Comment

IMO hero system got hurt the most, can't spam dungeon to level and can't farm adventurer key to open those boxes

Comment

• IJumpUJump
                    IJumpUJump commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is a future update on remote dungeon exploration where a new type of mission is introduced. This mission has no drops but gives a large amount of mercenary exp. It also only takes 10mins to complete.

Just hoping that they will amend a little, allowing to enter the dungeon even if it's 0 FTG.

Comment

we'll get used to it somehow XD its still fun to play as long have fren
                    Last edited by Raenel; 11-11-2017, 05:08 AM. Reason: la la la~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by sngweiwei View Post
                      We mobile now bois. Most likely future patches will result in FTG only being able to be filled with real cash. Because ED's gotta earn that moolah somehow.

Hey ED! Just got you guys a new idea to earn more $$$

It really sucks that devs have to bring in the South Korean stupidity to the SEA region.
                      DN has mobile games why they have to turn the PC one into a mobile game too?

Next we will have time gating

Comment

1. No FTG > dead character > no farming > rush > RMT OR Pump Cash, buy Cash Items (boxes, costumes, etc) and put them on TH.
                        2. No FTG > dead character > no farming > ED gives free FTG Potion to bypass `provided FTG` > players get reliant on these potions > ED stops giving free FTG potions > players will Pump cash and buy FTG potions from Cash Shop.

You know what I`m trying to say here, sorry I`m so bad at explaining things.

Comment

Working...
                        X