I'm quitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm quitting

Hey update! Thanks to your inputs i have cleaned my computer ^^ Hopefully its safe now.

Hey yalls, HanateX here. After playing dn for quite long, I've seen people come n go. AND so, i am close to officially quiting dn.
    I can't hate ED but at the same time i do and they are the reason why i lost all hope in DN. For a person who has tried my best to gear and
    tried to reach end game tier as a fellow sorceress
    i guess its the end for me. I will list down why i lost hope on DN, Mostly towards the security of DN? or how i feel they treat us when we needed help.
    They are always showering us with events and all but whats the point if all your hard work went missing. YUP! THATS RIGHT.

ALL MY HARD WORK WAS GONE( but not my 24 max chars since u cant give anyone that anyways)

before transfer, someone took 45kg ( i had a total of 50k+g back then) from my char. idk who or what took it and i asked CC to track for me but NOTHING happened.
    i changed my password and everything and so everything was fine nothing was stolen yet. I just hoped for the better

after transfer, someone took 200kg( i had arnd 210k+g) right before the enhancement event on wed 18 October. something was weird and of course i was pissed i wanted to full +12 my gears. i changed my 2nd password.
    i asked CC to track for me but THEY NEVER TOLD ME WHO TOOK IT NOR RETURN THE GOLD(although i know this is prob expected ? but wtf ). I was on the verge on quitting but i still had some hope left..

but now 25/10/2017, i came back from school. Exhausted, i still on dn, going to do Harmony nest and realized my gen access was missing. i get scared, i opened my inventory felt relieved but only to my horror to see 2 refined gen accessories missing.(1 refined gen earring and 1 refined gen ring) my normal gen neck and gen ring was still there cos its untradeable. Whats the point of sending another ticket if they are gonna give nothing but a half-assed answer

This is probably the work of a hacker which probably hacked into my account. And no, no one knew my account. A friend once told me that its quite easy to hack into the database which now i feel like it is cos this is what happened to me.
    I feel so defenseless, DN would care less about a player and my friends can't even help me but cheer me up. And if i continue playing dn again my items will be gone again. so whats the point of playing anymore?
    I want to continue enjoying this game but its hard if all my efforts gone to waste. So guys please be safe. Once u get hacked, there's no safety in your account anymore. Pretty much game over.

Hopefully i can get back on track but for now its probably ta-ta

HanateX

Last edited by HayateX; 10-26-2017, 01:47 AM.

The customer service still bad? in your opinion.. a little bit better or worst than Cherry Credit's?
    seriously, Dragon Nest (in general) customer servising is really really really bad.. the players are your customer! they are your source of income.

even those that never top-up.. with good customer service = they will feel good and chances for their "first time top-up" are high.
    I believe a good businessman/woman know what I'm talking about.

Comment

• HayateX
      HayateX commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like its a little bit better imo and yes you are true too ^^

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      not all the players are their source of income... majority are just playing for free

• Gloiii
      Gloiii commented
      Editing a comment
      well now f2p player not source of income anymore.
      unlike before where dnp still can be traded. where f2p contribute just buy buying dnp from players

can you tell us if you are playing DN on a public place such as an internet cafe? to which possibly you might get hacked because keylogging programs could be active on the computer you have used, if not then i do hope support have helped you atleast to your problem.

its weird because there are only 2 possible ways you could have gotten hacked:
    1. Played on a public place with an unsafe internet connection (possibly WiFi) could be possible you have played on an internet cafe and you got keylogged
    2. You have shared your personal info about your DN account to someone which you can be assured to be trustworthy
    that's all my possible conclusions that i have in mind

Comment

• HayateX
      HayateX commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope i have never played dn in a public place and i changed password often

also, they can't give you the gold you have lost, even if its the work of a hacker, the gold that is lost can never be given back to you, and all the items if the hacker already have traded it off on TH, or the gold has already been spent off on TH or anyone who could be traded

Comment

PM Tasha Verbena I feel you need to check this. Hope this get sorted out.
      Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

i don't think the "hacker" hacked into the database of DNSEA to steal your in game items.
        You must have either
        1) Gave your account to someone else recently.
        2) Your account details are the same as your email address or you use the same ID & PW for other stuff (fb/email/other games)
        3) You logged in from else-where which has keylog programme.
        4) Went to those phishing websites where they claim to give you free items and CC.

Think about it, why would a hacker that can access the database steal your items? There are many other richer players around, i'm 100% sure this is not the database security problem.
        I'f im a hacker, i would definitely sabotage ED to pay me a ransom if not i wipe their database.

As for your lost items, CC / ED will NOT compensate you back UNLESS you make a legit police report.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
        When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Chelly
          Chelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have a sibling? someone that access your PC to play DN?
          Nevertheless, i wish you the best of luck.
          From past experiences, i have friends that lose their entire account items due to hacking instances, they made a police report and send a copy to CC's email where they credit him back his items.

• HayateX
          HayateX commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i do but the only person who play dn in my family is only just me. Thank you! >.<

• darkb1ader
          darkb1ader commented
          Editing a comment
          Your computer might be the culprit.
          Scan your computer for malware.

I hope the team could at least check the trading log....
        Queenth Arte Shoppe

Comment

• CLYMAX
          CLYMAX commented
          Editing a comment
          i hope they haven't forgotten that they could actually trace that whoever the hacker is, they could actually see if the hacker sent the gold or items via mail, trade, or put in guild storage, maybe he should have looked if there are any items put into the guild storage

Originally posted by HayateX View Post
        Nope i have never played dn in a public place and i changed password often
        Then you have a keylogger on your computer.
        Maybe you downloaded something from your "guild" or some website ang a keylogger came with it and infected your PC

It would explain how things keeps disappearing from your account even though you occasionally change pw and 2nd pw.
        It would also explain why he/she didnt emptied out your account, he/she didnt want you to quit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​​​​​​​---------------------------------------------

A hacker that goes through the trouble of hacking the DN Database would have access on all of accounts and would hack alot more accounts and not just you.

Comment

The possibility of keyloggers aside, the TS has a point. A very strong and real point at that. The very same one I made a thread and a half out of on the old forums. Nothing is secure about the login process. It is inherently flawed down to the core. The best you can do is try and make sure that no one will sniff your login packets en route to the server, and even if they did, that they have no knowledge of or interest in DN to target you in particular. Sadly, one can only do so much to ensure this as a regular player. Not too long ago I came to the conclusion that ED is just downright delusional, just like every other typical Korean MMO developer and publisher. They had the facts, and even I was willing to help.

Ironically I was working on a send and recv hook to funnel insecure WK packets through an extra layer of TLS back in those days; something DN sure could have used back then, and even now. For all intents and purposes, it was practically the same exact scenario as DN: an orphaned 2D Korean MMO from 1999/2000 that 'encrypted' their packets with a simple for(char& c : packetData) c ^= 0x5C. Granted, static XTEA is a bit fancier but the fundamental insecurity is still there.

My condolences to the TS and everyone else who has to log in on a day to day basis for having to endure this.

-

Edit: Although even I myself am extremely skeptical of security holes in the database for various reasons, there seems to be some misinformation on this thread. First of all, having access to the database doesn't necessarily imply that the attacker has more than just read permissions. Secondly, even though ED is blatantly incompetent in my honest opinion, I am sure that they are at least storing salted hashes of the passwords, otherwise the phenomenon Chelly described would become a reality. This subsequently implies that the TS' password could not simply be stolen from the DB in order for the attacker log in.
          Last edited by Riugа; 10-25-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• CLYMAX
            CLYMAX commented
            Editing a comment
            on the spot, i do agree DN's login interface is too simple, i do hope they upgrade their security more like on steam guard, to which has an app on your phone and lets you know stuff about what is happening on your steam account, and simply having a phone verification in atleast each log in would maximize the security, whenever a person would log-in, they would require to access their phone and see if any messages are sent to them via sms and hackers couldn't get to log in, in this way players are protected from hackers whatsoever, if some players doesn't have phones, well they are in a risk, i mean who doesn't have a phone these days? they could have cheap ones atleast for communication and such.

Originally posted by Chelly View Post
          i don't think the "hacker" hacked into the database of DNSEA to steal your in game items.
          You must have either
          1) Gave your account to someone else recently.
          2) Your account details are the same as your email address or you use the same ID & PW for other stuff (fb/email/other games)
          3) You logged in from else-where which has keylog programme.
          4) Went to those phishing websites where they claim to give you free items and CC.

Think about it, why would a hacker that can access the database steal your items? There are many other richer players around, i'm 100% sure this is not the database security problem.
          I'f im a hacker, i would definitely sabotage ED to pay me a ransom if not i wipe their database.

As for your lost items, CC / ED will NOT compensate you back UNLESS you make a legit police report.
          i agree, FaceBook is one of the most sought out possible methods of hacking into other MMO games with low security system (dn is one of them) their log in system is too simple, even if you change your 2nd password and that said hacker knows it, must mean that there is a backdoor on your computer, someone is getting a sneak peak on your system without your anti-virus knowing or even you, this is possible if a person has made you download something that they made intentionally to steal your information within your computer system, or someone you know have installed a program that could actually send them your said activities on your operating system, hacking isn't something that a person could pull off by just typing in stuff, hackers awaits for their victims, its not hackers chooses their victims but the victims chooses their hackers, its not like one of those hacking movies to which the hacker actually tries to smash their keyboard and they access stuff, no, they force their way in by using the internet, thats why if you do not have any anti-virus that has internet firewall, you are not entirely safe if you accidentally visited a link with a malicious worm or virus in it, those viruses could harm or steal information on your computer.

"Backdoors are just intentional faults put into code to give someone access outside of the normal security model. Backdoors are part of the software itself. They are placed in the source code (or hardware) from the start. It allows the original coder some sort of access through their software or hardware."
          it means there must be a software installed on your computer that gives information on your activities to someone.

Comment

Originally posted by CLYMAX View Post

i agree, FaceBook is one of the most sought out possible methods of hacking into other MMO games with low security system (dn is one of them) their log in system is too simple, even if you change your 2nd password and that said hacker knows it, must mean that there is a backdoor on your computer, someone is getting a sneak peak on your system without your anti-virus knowing or even you, this is possible if a person has made you download something that they made intentionally to steal your information within your computer system, or someone you know have installed a program that could actually send them your said activities on your operating system,
            This since the hacker always know what OP's 2nd password is, it points very strongly to a keylogger installed on Op's computer.
            OP probably downloaded something DN related that came with a keylogger

Comment

• CLYMAX
              CLYMAX commented
              Editing a comment
              im sure OP doesn't have a proper anti-virus installed, i even don't have any anti-virus installed on my computer even though i download a lot of games and movies on the internet, its because i know what sites im visitng, im not often on opening my facebook account because its a pain to see all these posts from people who are just posting something so that they could fill up their timeline with something smh.

unfortunately if OP let other people use his computer, might be one of the possibilities that one of those people have been stealing his ingame items and currency, i think this hacker still wants him to keep playing to let him earn more and steal it at the right time he has enough

Bump. Hope something can be done about this

oOBrownyOo and xFlameShot

Comment

While I'm at it, since DN doesn't use TLS anyway, and since this case is fairly recent, you may want to verify that you were not the victim of a KRACK attack. The popularity of KRACK attacks shot up recently. This goes out to everyone else who doesn't know what this is yet, as you're probably also vulnerable. In layman terms, since DN's encryption is negligible as-is, if an attacker can decrypt your wireless traffic, they can effectively capture your login packet, modify the relevant bytes (I talked about the structure of a login packet in the old network security thread over on the old forums), then replay that to get into your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Riugа View Post
                While I'm at it, since DN doesn't use TLS anyway, and since this case is fairly recent, you may want to verify that you were not the victim of a KRACK attack. The popularity of KRACK attacks shot up recently. This goes out to everyone else who doesn't know what this is yet, as you're probably also vulnerable. In layman terms, since DN's encryption is negligible as-is, if an attacker can decrypt your wireless traffic, they can effectively capture your login packet, modify the relevant bytes (I talked about the structure of a login packet in the old network security thread over on the old forums), then replay that to get into your account.
                KRACK requires the hacker to be physically present very close to his victim for it to work.

And i doubt someone with that much technical skill to sniff,decrypt and modify a packet would waste his time sniffing for OP's DN packet everytime OP changes his/her login details.
                He would be much better off sniffing for credit card and payment infos in starbucks lol

Comment

• Riugа
                  Riugа commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ambiguity is unfortunately present in all cases similar to these. The best we can do is make assumptions and expect the worst in order to prevent it from happening in the first place, as with most discussions regarding infosec. I don't know the TS' exact case down to the bone, however given the amount of explicit information stated by him, a friend or family member bearing a grudge against him wasn't necessarily off the table, thus I recommended that he verify it anyway.

Perhaps it might be better if we wait for proper authorities to address the issue.

They are still working on the problem with PoS event rewards. Maybe we will get a reaponse after they are done settling that, hopefully.

​​​​​​
                For now, let us hope for the best for TS and hope the issue gets resolved.
                Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Working...
                X