[Beginner] Switching from ML to Barb/Destroyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Beginner] Switching from ML to Barb/Destroyer

Hi, I am still new, almost 3 weeks of all-day gaming (LOL). My main is a Moonlord and was able to equip him with 2Tier Medea Set (by burning cash ofc).
    I was happy with it but with 2.3M HP, his class is really squishy. The reason I realized this is because I made another character, which is a Destroyer and its only using Hero Neris set but oh dang its amazing. It can almost solo Dark Banquet, I die at x1 F12 Velskud. His HP right now is only 1.2M but it is so amazing how it can survive but also deal impressive damage with average gear.

It made me feel like I wasted good amount of time and money on my ML. (maybe because im still bad at controlling it efficiently, idk..)

This made me want to switch my ML to Destroyer but since it is already "geared", I know that my INT 2Tier Medea Set will go to waste.
    I am browsing through this forum and many ppl are talking about the upcoming nerf for Destroyer and the boost for Barbarian (I dont know if as of this moment, they are now in effect though.). So yeah, I am thinking about switching to one of these 2 classes because I think Barbarians can also tank which I loved in a Destroyer with much higher DPS.

I know it will all come down to personal preference but I would like some insights on what to do from experienced ML/Destro/Barb players out there.
    Also if I will be switching, what should be my move to lessen the wasted investment on my int/magic equips.
    Last edited by Celdris; 02-25-2018, 05:38 AM.

If I may, I would like to summon my forum hero/idol, NearLawlet if he could enlighten me again on this shituation I am facing.

Comment

• ELpatron50
      ELpatron50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't be a reviente to people juz be yourself have fun whether u play as a ML or a Barby !

You shouldn't compare classes based on Dark Banquet...
    That's a comp on instance where your gears doesn't matter, a Calypse user will have the same stat as Neris user.
    And that's not Velskud, it's Tacitus.

Try taking your Hero Neris Destroyer to those lvl 93/95 nests or go to Training Battleground and see how pale the damage compares to your T2 Medea ML.
    MATK stuffs are generally cheaper than PATK so keep that in mind if you want to change.

Comment

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      Celdris ML just got buffed recently in KR so in the end the ranks will change again, up to you if you want to enjoy something for a short while and keep changing or holding out for the ML buff.
      Or 3rd option would be gear another character and enjoy both.
      Destroyer is just super effective in DB which is why you'd see alot asking for Dest for DB.

Go find STR and INT or PATK and MATK stuffs in TH and you'll see.

Tacitus is a boss in Red Dragon Nest, it is a reskinned of Velskud but that's about it.

• WildMist
      WildMist commented
      Editing a comment
      INT & Matk stuffs are always the most expensive ones in TH, check again, one example is Magic Talisman Rare 95 is 14k and Destruction being 10-11k based from last night i checked, don't get me started on Heraldies and RUDN Accessories
      Last edited by WildMist; 02-25-2018, 09:47 PM.

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      WildMist depends on when you look I guess, it's 9k for INT and 13k for STR now.

ML is a good DPS and has a flexible skill rotation, at least that's how I play it. Since it's attacks are in quantity, it is less critical dependent. It will get a huge buff soon together with Gladiator.

Destro is a decent DPS with a fixed skill rotation for maximum dps. The survivability is amazing. Since destro attacks other than rolling attack is a one shot skill, it heavily relies on lucky crits if you dont have at least 60% rate. They'll get support nerfed soon, so shield could not be spammed but on the plus side there will be a little damage boost and the 30% final damage will soon be a passive.

I would like to tell you to keep being a Moonlord, but that would be for you to decide.
    Irresponsibility is trusting an irresponsible person.

Comment

• Celdris
      Celdris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, this has been really helpful.

• Celdris
      Celdris commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you explain to me what is 'support nerf'. I read some threads that the shield buff cd before was 5s and now it is 15s and I thought that it is already the destro nerf everyone hated. Is there another nerf coming?

• sngweiwei
      sngweiwei commented
      Editing a comment
      The support nerf to shield is CD changed to 75 sec, CD plate removed. Changed to 30% of target HP instead of 20% of our HP. Guardians are affected too.

If you are worried about your 'wasted' Medea INT set, you shouldn't. T2 Medea > T1 Calypse converter was implemented together with KDN Bleed Phantom update, and said update will arrive in our server around March 6th.

And yes, Destroyer can deal somewhat decent damage despite his supposed role as a tanker, but you should not forget that his specialization is focused on his defensive capability. If you wish to have a similarly robust class with more offensive capability, then his counterpart Barbarian will suit you better.

For the time being, I would advise you to stay as a Moonlord due to several reasons:
    • Barbarian boost will not arrive for at least another two months
    • It may take some time to upgrade all your Medea to Calypse
    • You may use this moment to learn how to play Moonlord and reconsider your decision

Comment

• Celdris
      Celdris commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh thanks a lot for the replies. Does that converter exists now or it is also not implemented yet? I mean the converter to change the weapon like sword > axe.

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      It's already implemented, look for [Legend Main Weapon Converter] in Nest Point store.

• WildMist
      WildMist commented
      Editing a comment
      Rather than waste your money on changing your class now (buying new jades, accessories etc), better spend it on how to get your medea set to calypse set like he said, it supposed to be on the next patch which is just around the corner now, probably next week, you feel like your ML is squishy with your 2,3m HP ? improve your piloting skills then cuz dodge is power, i suggest try practice in PVP, and learn how to properly execute your skill rotations without being damaged too much by continue to practice in nest harder, practices makes perfect.
      Last edited by WildMist; 02-25-2018, 10:01 PM.

Thanks everyone for all the replies and suggestions. I finally decided to hold on to my ML and just gear up my alt char destroyer little by little.

Comment

Originally posted by Celdris View Post
      but with 2.3M HP, his class is really squishy
      Late comment, but if you're concerned about that, know that he has a decent number of iframe skills, some airtime suspension, a parry, and relieve. I believe that's more than enough to have good survivability as well (maybe not as amazing as Destroyer).

Just my thoughts though, I'm not really an ML user.

Comment

Just a thought, if you can't decide whether to stick to your class or change then just make both characters.
        Think of your second or succeeding character as a "For Fun" class.

Though I suggest sticking with the first character you invested in because gearing another character would just be costly.
        Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

Working...
        X