How to gear your char from scratch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to gear your char from scratch?

I've read a lot of guides already so I already have the general idea/path, I'll be going from neris to medea t1 to medea t2 and eventually calypso, but I don't know where specifically to start. I also have no idea what accessories to aim for and the path to start from. So here are my questions:

1. What would be cheaper or more effecient way to start? Should I just upgrade neris set which, I can buy in blacksmith to +20 or just save and buy a +20 part. Considering the gold it'll cost to upgrade and the mats needed to upgrade, which way is better in your perspective?

2. I've read that to convert your neris to medea you'll be needing a lot of speras and high grade garnets so where do you recommend to farm them and also the alteums and diamond I'll be needing to upgrade my set? And if I can farm them before I reach max cap since once I hit cap level my fatigue gets consumed fast af.

3. Accessories. What accessories do you recommend for someone just returning to this game after 3-4 years? And where do I start and slowly improve them?

4. Jades. What do I put in my set? When I convert my neris to medea will the jades disappear?

5. Heraldies and Talisman. What should I aim for? I don't think I can go for FD build since I'm just a casual player who just came back after years of quitting.

6. What is this "CP hunt" I've been seeing with people using blue birds to look for partymates, can someone explain this to me? Do I need to be max level first to do this?

Btw, I'm an inquisitor around level 81 to 85. I forgot my level. HAHAHA. I'm currently using the parts I get from running master difficulty dungeons.

Your answers will be very much appreciated. Arigatou gozaimashitaaa!!!
    Last edited by Tobito; 02-27-2018, 03:14 AM. Reason: Added another question :)

1. There is an enhancement rate boosting event today (1800HRS - 22HRS), just buy neris eq from berlin and enhance it to +20, dont even bother using jelly. If break just buy new one, way cheaper than +20 part at TH (Unless you are unlucky af)

2. You can get alot of meterials by doing daily farming once you reach lv cap (Check out [GUIDE]95 Cap Survival Guide at NA forum)

3. 95A acc, at Nest point shop

4. Depend on want you need fam. Not sure tho always take the jades out before anything just incase

5. Again depend on what stats you need
    Last edited by JervissP; 02-27-2018, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Tobito
      Tobito commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, man. The thing with the enhancement boost, I was suppose to do that however when I tried to buy the set, it required me to be max level first so can't do it yet, can't go online til tomorrow, I've got some things to deal with first. And about the guide, read it already. HAHAHA

Btw, where is this nest point shop and how do I earn nest points?

Again, thanks man.
      Last edited by Tobito; 02-27-2018, 03:13 AM.

• ShadouDaisuke
      ShadouDaisuke commented
      Editing a comment
      u can earn 1000 nest point from doing daily clear nest at least from green and space lv90 normal mode. using neris is enough for that run i thing. Nest point shop is near Merca's Heart/Rhadames gate boundary. If u see the minimap it should be in the left side. there is NPC near a little monster there.

• Tobito
      Tobito commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh, okay. Thaaanks~

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Tobito
      Tobito commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, I don't plan on spending money to get items. I'm just a casual player, not really, am just poor. HAHAHA

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      I speak the truth.
      You can opt for the several options above but it is paired with tedious and hardwork neverending grind.
      Unless you are down with that , or know some veterans that are willing to help you out in you guild etc, you might take awhile to get to the best equips. And on top of that, one day when you get those items, newer and better equips will be released, which results in more grind.

• Tobito
      Tobito commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, just gonna play it out. The thing about getting the best items and then one day newer and better ones will be released, that was actually the reason why I quit way back 50 cap. HAHAHA. So I'm just gonna enjoy things for now, not gonna rush so I won't get frustrated and ended up quitting again like last time. Found a guild for now so I'll just ask for some guidance that'll prolly be nuff and slowly build up my items. Though, your insight is very much appreciated )

if you don't like the never ending grinding you could do it the way i do (esp if you have a busy sched)
    1. do 1 nest for all your max chars = 1000 nest points per char per day
    2. like 5 players per char = 100 dungeon points per char per day
    3. level up other chars, set a limit for every char...mine is up to the next lvl cap (for ex: i have a lvl 24 Priest, i level it until lvl 32 and so on and so forth for every char i have)

What to buy:
    -using your main char (or the char you want to gear first) use nest points to buy Chiron Accessories and Skill Heraldries
    -using your sub chars, use the nest points to buy Spera (since you're planning to convert neris anyways, and besides you can sell it in TH for a good amount)
    -you can also try your luck in disassembling lvl 95 jades for hearts (last time i sold one it cost 400g each)

again this is what i do for busy schedules...everyone would still advice you to do your daily tasks if you have the time, gives you tons of stuff and gold...and the more max chars you have the better...takes quite a lot of time though

also you can enhance neris without jelly...gets somewhat frustrating though when you keep breaking it...i suggest you leave it at +10 and enhance only during mondays (for the hot spring buff) or if you're feeling lucky enough go on ahead...i usually stop when it fails...if you're close to +20 (say around +18 or +19) i guess using enhancement hammer is safer than risk breaking it and starting over again
    "Behind every mask lies a man who can't live in his own sins..."

Comment

• KillianQ
      KillianQ commented
      Editing a comment
      btw additional tips, neris can be shared with your other chars so it's really convenient if you have classes with the same stats, in my case i have 4 INT subs which i use to farm speras by doing nest > transfer equips > repeat...my main on the other hand is AGI and what i did was, after finishing +20 on my INT neris equips, i started focusing on gearing my main...do note that Medea cannot be server storaged so be careful when converting cause it will stay on that char forever

• Tobito
      Tobito commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, got it. That's a very useful tip. I'll prolly make a moonlord, saleana and crusader after I get some decent items on my inqui cause I think I'll be maining my inqui, so that I can maximize the use on those neris set and farm additional mats and do more DQs when I have time to spare.

Btw, can I ask your IGN? I'll add you in-game in case I have some more questions. But its fine if you can't I might just bother you. HAHAHA

• KillianQ
      KillianQ commented
      Editing a comment
      same as my forum name

As someone who also just returned to the game, I can help you what I learned. (been playing for 2 weeks now, last time I played is cap 40)

1. Since you didn't get to 95 before the end of enhancement event, I suggest when you hit cap 95, do the Growth Guide missions (located at the top right corner, below the map)
    And do the missions to get: Desirous Theano Full Set, and Theano Main Weapon + Secondary. Actually, do all of it for the free starter heraldry plates and lvl 93 dragon jades + lv95 talismans. (you will upgrade this piece by piece as you play through the game). After you get the necessary gold, in the future there might be another enhancement event, you can YOLO enhance +20 hero neris, and then convert it to medea. But since its annoying to ups to +20 and yeah the conversion is not free, (as of the current market its about 1k-1.5k gold a piece to convert). Tho you can always farm the materials.

NOTE: When you replace your Desirous Set from Growth Guide, do not just sell it to NPC, disassemble it for free 500 nest points a piece. And also all the lvl93 jades and talisman, disassemble them and hide the yielding items to your storage. (You will use some of them in the future when upgrading your 'actual-correct' stats jades.)

2. You can farm speras by doing lvl93 dungeons. You can do this simultaneously by doing your Daily Quests. Note that there is a guild board near boundary gate that you can take quests from to get 11Gold per run + High Grade Garnets.

3. Chiron Accessories are your best cheapest choice. Buy them using nest points. Nest pts can be obtained from 1. NESTS and 2, what I told you in the previous answer, disassembling desirous theano gears.

4. Jades are removable, you cant convert if jade is attached so you can remove it by pressing shift+right click to the equipment. What kind of jades depends on your class.

5. For heraldry just prioritize the stats that your class need. Usually in this order: Raw Magic/Phys Attack, Base Stats (int/str/agi), Critical Damage + Critical Chance then survival jades like vit, +hp and defence.

6. CP Hunt, CP means community points. You can gain this by doing dungeons with a party. You can get 10000 cp per week per character. Press O > Party Reward tab for details.
    It becomes 'hunting' because ppl use this to farm extra gold. You can use CP to buy items from Heraldry Scholar Stas NPC in St.Haven. It is also called 'hunting' because ppl found a way to farm this really fast but its up to you to learn this method inside the game. Usually ppl create many characters just to do CP hunting every week.

Little tips to kickstart your game:
    1. Always try to do dungeons in a party to lessen the FTG consumed each run. (You will be wanting to do duo when you want to level up your Hero Mercenary)
    2. Do your daily quests. Keep all the garnets, speras, rare cooking ingredients, purified seals AND... GIFT BADGES!
    3. Use up all your gift badges to gain alliance points. With alliance points (goose) you can buy VIP membership so every transaction from repair weapon to enhance equips is I think 50% cheaper.
    4. Skill heraldrys are buyable from npc (plates that increases dmg 20% of a skill or reduce its cd). You can buy it using NEST points BUT!
    5. There are skill heraldry plates that you get in your abyss dungeon runs or daily quests. Some of these could range up to 500--600G that you can sell in TH. So before you destroy a skill plate, check in the TH if it is a high price skill plate. (Some ppl dont know or don't have nest points to buy it from NPC). The rest 100g below, just destroy them instead of wasting precious seals on them, they are useless.
    6. Always go to the hotspring (it is inside the fishing/farming gate/southwest of StHaven). Spend a couple minutes there to get free FTG/enhancement rate boost/ exp boost depending on the day of the week.

And the most important tip, do not always do the same thing, you can follow everything we have said here but that would be tedious, and it will become boring making you quit the game again.
    Just enjoy playing, find friends, PVP. And dont do drugs. I wish this helped.

Comment

• KillianQ
      KillianQ commented
      Editing a comment
      to add on disassembling the free desirious and obsession theanos...make sure you transfer it's enhancement on normal theanos first...an enhanced desirious/obsession theano will give you garnet and not nest points...also if you disassemble a +10 theano it will give you a fusion cube which you can use to craft genesis accesories or just sell them at TH for 500g or somewhere near that price

• Tobito
      Tobito commented
      Editing a comment
      Okaaay, thanks again for the tips, bro.

• izaq
      izaq commented
      Editing a comment
      You sir, are a legend, great tips thank you very much because this also helped me!

Umm, where do you craft heraldies? I tried heraldy scholar stas and the one at calderock but they don't have the [craft heraldy] option. Just quest and a bunch of shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobito View Post
      Umm, where do you craft heraldies? I tried heraldy scholar stas and the one at calderock but they don't have the [craft heraldy] option. Just quest and a bunch of shops.
      Just right click the heraldry.

Comment

• Tobito
        Tobito commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, thanks. I feel like a newbie again. HAHAHA
    Working...
    X