Improvements in Gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements in Gearing

I like the progression gearing idea but there are some issues that I have with it.

1. Garnets

Logically speaking, High Grade items are supposed to be more rare compared to normal ones. The thing is why is High Grade Garnet more common than the normal garnet?

Putting that aside, in order to make Garnet more easily attainable, I have thought up of "Reverse Crafting".

In Reverse Crafting, You can turn jewels of a higher grade into its lower grade in higher quantity.

Example:
    X3 High Grade Garnet = X1 Garnet
    *Reduced to X1 Garnet instead of X3 since High Grade Garnet is more common than Garnet.

This way, players are able to obtain the jewel they need without needing to farm them again. Of course, with Octagonal Water.

This is helpful especially for people farming Rune Dragon Legends/Uniques

2. Increase Legend Powerstone Drop
    Increase the legend powerstone drop by 1, so far in 4 man runs I can get about 1-2 weapon/armor powerstones but you need about X14 at +10 onwards and it increases from there, since legend powerstones aren't tradable I feel that it is right to increase this slightly.

3. Growth Guide Improvement

In order to improve this, suggestion is that the growth guide can give players more "tasks" to complete compared to the one that the amount that they have now that gives additional materials (unique powerstones, legend powerstones (example for clearing VN HC you get additional unique powerstones and so on for the contents goal)

Example:
    Additional Unique Powerstone X5 for clearing VN HC for the first time
    Additional Legend Powerstone X5 for clearing VN Hell for the first time

so on for future ones

Do try to improve these suggestions if possible, that's about all that I can think of for now and do correct me where possible.

Last edited by WolfLover; 11-28-2017, 02:33 AM. Reason: Removed Spera Crafting, - Reverse Crafting - Changed to High Grade Garnet X3 -> X1 Garnet - ,Changed Powerstones (Unique and Legend) into drop rate increase by 1 - ,Added Advanced Growth Guide Task
    Class Mastery 3 guide with some details
    Edited as of 28/11/2017

A few comments:

General: you should look at future content before creating this thread. Some of the updates in the kDN (latest) servers are attempts to remedy the issues you've listed.

Number 1: Spera limit will be removed from Nest Store in future content so that solves the problem right?

Number 3: There will be more nests added in future, especially Mist Nest which drops a lot of material. Also, in future there will be the option to downgrade powerstones (e.g. from L to U to Epic, so this may resolve some issues). They generally want you to farm more, so there is no escape for this I think... However, I cannot agree with your Rune L 7 wrath for first timers. Does that mean on first clear, every player can craft a Rune L weapon? That is insane. During the 2nd clear, when 2 people will craft 1 L weapon each, the run becomes significantly easier. Imagine if all 8 get a weapon after one clear? It makes the end-game L gear too easy to get without effort.

Number 4: How do you think they should do this btw? Just curious, because we have a growth guide in-game which allows players to look at other types of gear they can get.

Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• WolfLover
      WolfLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Number 1: Removed the spera crafting after I did my calculations.

Number 3: I removed the additional rewards.

Number 4: Edited. Growth Guide should add in more tasks instead. Right now the current growth guide is too easy to complete and has little satisfaction from completing them. Growth Guide require harder goals for players to challenge themselves.
      Last edited by WolfLover; 11-28-2017, 02:19 AM.

Originally posted by WolfLover View Post
    I like the progression gearing idea but there are some issues that I have with it.
    Rune Dragon Nest (Hardcore):
    For first time clearers, that person should be given 7 wraths (only once) so that he can craft a Rune Dragon Legend item of his choice so that the player will be able to progress further.
    Number 3: I doubt they would do that, AFAIK rune legend can be server stored so it's impossible for this to happen as people can have complete set probably within a week LMAO.
    Number 4: As for vision in gearing, I think they already do as what Xenocho said , GROWTH GUIDE.
    Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

• WolfLover
      WolfLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup will remove that later ..

1. Spera is not "that rare", plenty of ways to farm spera (aside from the one you mentioned) and you can get the amount you needed for converting in just a week or two.

2. Again, Garnet is not rare. I would say its pretty easy to get Garnets if you're really determined. I can farm about 20-25 Garnets in a day (due to FTG limitations) per Character EASY.

3. And that's why they added the Powerstones in the Crafting sections. Cant afford to grind your ass for them Powerstones?? CRAFT THEM IN THE BLACKSMITHS.

Comment

• WolfLover
      WolfLover commented
      Editing a comment
      1. Edited the Spera - removed due to the sparkle store limitation removal.

2. Not everyone has multiple characters, especially the new players. And I said that the High Grade Garnet is more common compared to the Garnet. At the same time players require like 15-20 garnets for enhancing RuDN Ls, since the main gear is Hero Calypse, players would want to reach for that as early as possible which is why I suggested the Garnet Reverse Crafting since that's the main goal as of now. The tier system may be too taxing on the newer players due to the jelly cost as well and some players may want to obtain their RuDN Ls instead of going through the tier system. Though, X1 High Grade Garnet for X3 Garnet is a bit too much, will edit that in a bit.

3. Changed Powerstone into slight drop rate increase instead since both unique and legend powerstones are untradable (increase drop by 1)
      Last edited by WolfLover; 11-28-2017, 02:28 AM.

Edited main post

- Removed Spera Crafting
    - Reverse Crafting - Changed to High Grade Garnet X3 -> X1 Garnet
    - Changed Powerstones (Unique and Legend) into drop rate increase by 1
    - Added Growth Guide Tasks (Create more challenging tasks for players as the current ones are easy to complete) - If this already exists in other server please tell me. I will appreciate it.
    Last edited by WolfLover; 11-28-2017, 02:30 AM.
    Class Mastery 3 guide with some details
    Edited as of 28/11/2017

Comment

Working...
    X