What we (may or may not) need from Skill Balancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we (may or may not) need from Skill Balancing

Skill balancing has always been something to look forward to in every Dragon Nest monthly patch. A highlight that could spell doom or comeback for certain characters.

Unfortunately, however, I cannot help but assume our dearly beloved developers do not factor enough consideration with their balancing. Though I won't deny some of the changes so far are more than justifiable, those which I would consider as 'filler and not-so-important changes' are not few.

Thus I would be delighted to present a bit of my thought (as a player with more than 7 years of experience since DN SEA open beta in 2011) and of my guild mates about the changes which should be considered (if not implemented) in future revamp. As a company who always strive to ensure their customers' satisfaction, I'm sure this feedback will prove most useful to EyeDentity.

*The following suggested changes were created after considering the latest April 2018 patch in KDN and the ones before that*

Affected Class in this suggestion:
    Warrior: Gladiator, Barbarian, Destroyer and Dark Avenger.
    Archer: Tempest, Wind Walker, Artillery and Silver Hunter.
    Sorceress: Smasher
    Cleric: Guardian, Crusader, Saint, Inquisitor and Arch Heretic.
    Academic: Adept, Physician and Gear Master.
    Kali: Soul Eater and Oracle Elder.
    Assassin: Ripper and Abyss Walker.
    Lancea: Sting Breezer.

GLADIATOR
    (Problem: Awakened Triple Slash and Hacking Stance EX channeling time, Side Dodge utility and Hyper Drive difficulty to deal full damage)
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Gain 20% action speed buff when Physical Rising counter is maxed.
    • Side Dodge now gives invincibility effect (i-frames).
    • Hyper Drive is changed to deal only 1 hit per thrust. No change to total damage.
    BARBARIAN
    (Problem: Demolition Fist low damage)
    • Demolition Fist damage is increased by 100%
    DESTROYER
    (Problem: Rolling Attack low damage, lack of VIT buff and Howl Charging cooldown)
    • Rolling Attack EX damage is increased from 100% to 200%.
    • Iron Skin's new effect - Increase VIT by 110% when the skill is used.
    • Howl Charging cooldown is reduced to 60 seconds.
    DARK AVENGER
    (Problem: Dark Avenger overall output is significantly lower than other Warrior specializations after KDN February changes)
    • Dark Mastery's new effect - Increase Final Damage by 1% and STR by 3% for every Avenger Force, up to 30 Avenger Force points can be stacked.
    • Piercing Crescent number of hits is reduced to 2 hits per wave, but total damage remains unchanged.
    • Dark Suffering's triggered explosion damage is increased to 500%
    • Class Mastery 1's new effect - Critical Damage is increased by 20% and gain 1 Avenger Force for every successful hit of main skills.
    TEMPEST
    (Problem: Divine Rage difficulty to deal full damage, Air Current acquisition and Enhanced Skills requirement)
    • Divine Rage animation is shortened to consist only of the initial barrage and wind vortex attack.
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Reduce Spirit Boost cooldown by 10 seconds.
    • Air Current cost to cast enhanced skills is halved.
    WIND WALKER
    (Problem: Spiral Edge low damage, Air Current acquisition and Enhanced Skills requirement)
    • Spiral Edge damage is increased by 50%.
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Reduce Showtime cooldown by 30 seconds.
    • Air Current cost to cast enhanced skills is halved.
    ARTILLERY
    (Problem: Fatal Arrow acquisition and Magical Breeze plate)
    • Fatal Arrow acquisition is changed from 1 bubble per magic critical to 1 bubble per magic hit.
    • Magical Breeze Final Damage is increased from 35% to 40%. Magical Breeze heraldry is removed.
    SILVER HUNTER
    (Problem: Falcon low damage and Silver Hunter Transformation cooldown)
    • Falcon's attack attribute is changed to light elemental.
    • Falcon Strike and Falcon Rise damage is increased by 100%.
    • Silver Hunter Transformation cooldown is reduced to 90 seconds.
    SMASHER
    (Problem: Awakened Laser Cutter energy consumption and Laser Ray channeling time)
    • Laser Ray energy consumption is doubled, but damage is also increased by 100%.
    • Awakened Laser Cutter no longer consumes energy.
    GUARDIAN
    (Problem: Divine Avatar cooldown and Guardian Force cooldown)
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Divine Avatar cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds whenever Divine Ascencion, Divine Vengeance, Armor Break and Shield Charge is used.
    • Guardian Force cooldown is reduced to 60 seconds.
    CRUSADER
    (Problem: Divine Breaker non-elemental nature attribute and Lightning Zap EX magic attack portion)
    • Divine Breaker is changed to light elemental attribute.
    • Lightning Zap EX magic attack is changed to produce instantaneous effect with a single powerful shock.
    SAINT
    (Problem: Relics' vulnerability to summon wipe mechanic as well as issue with relics blocking the view/pathway and Shock of Relic EX graphical lag when there are many relics on the field)
    • Upon learning EX, relic pole is changed into a relic orb with circular AOE (similar to Antiphona Pool).
    • Shock of Relic EX is changed to strike only one time. Damage is increased by 200%.
    INQUISITOR
    (Problem: Potential huge damage loss against mobile enemy)
    • Shock Transition's new effect - Increase the electrocution rate of lightning skills by 20% per level.
    • Judgement Spear maximum CTC is raised to 3.
    • Awakened Detonate activation rate is increased to 100%, but the additional 50% damage is removed.
    ARCH HERETIC
    (Problem: Main skills cooldown and Carnage repetitive spam)
    • Evil Hand and Savage Attack cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds.
    • Carnage cooldown is increased to 5 seconds and maximum CTC is reduced to 4. However, damage is increased by 100% and Nightmare Force acquisition is raised to 5 per hit.
    • Devastation bubble consumption is reduced to 20.
    • Saw Blade cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds.
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Increase STR by 50% and recover 2 CTC of Carnage when Execute is used.
    • Class Mastery 2 attack power is increased from 10% to 20%.
    • Evil Stain skill is removed.
    ADEPT
    (Problem: Adept low overall output and bubble acquisition)
    • Upon learning EX, Magma Punch and Icy Punch cooldown can be stored one more time.
    • C2H5OH will now produce 5 bubbles when used. C2H5OH cooldown is reduced by 1 second per level.
    • Awakened Passive Elemental Mastery's additional effect - Reduce Magma Wall, Magma Wave and Ice Beam cooldown by 5 seconds.
    PHYSICIAN
    (Problem: Physician low overall output)
    • Mixed Infection cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds.
    • Mixed Infection EX and Poison Pool now leaves poison sludge that can be detonated with Poison Break to deal additional damage. Poison sludge explosion attack is 100% of Poison Break damage.
    GEAR MASTER
    (Problem: Time to re-summon ducks after they've been destroyed and low burst damage potential)
    • Awakened Mecha Duck's additional effect - Reduce Mecha Duck cooldown by 50%.
    • Big Mecha Bomb cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds.
    SOUL EATER
    (Problem: Soul Scream utility and Soul Liberation channeling time)
    • Soul Scream cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds. Reduce Dragon Soul cooldown by 1 second for every successful hit.
    • Soul Liberation action speed is increased by 30%.
    ORACLE ELDER
    (Problem: Incessant Art low activation rate and lack of AOE)
    • Flash Tempest AOE is increased by 50%
    • Class Mastery 2 Incessant Art activation rate is increased from 30% to 50%
    RIPPER
    (Problem: Low overall output when ash clone is not triggered, ash clones are vulnerable to summon wipe mechanic, Awakened Counterattack function and lack of AOE)
    • Shift Blow EX attack increase from 50% to 100%; Blade Runner EX attack increase from 30% to 50%; Izuna Drop EX attack increase from 30% to 50%.
    • Beast Swipe and Flame Drag cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds. Flame Drag backflip distance is reduced.
    • Awakened Counterattack's new effect - Whenever you successfully dodge an attack, Beast Swipe and Flame Drag are enhanced to deal 50% additional damage.
    • Awakened Burning Coal AOE is increased by 50%.
    ABYSS WALKER
    (Problem: Potential huge damage loss against mobile enemy and Nightfall low damage)
    • Nightfall damage is increased by 900% per tick. Within Nightfall EX AOE, all main skills are enhanced to deal 20% additional damage).
    • Abyss Claw cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds.
    STING BREEZER
    (Problem: Complicated setup and preparatory movement before dealing damage, as well as less fluid gameplay compared to her counterpart)
    • Upon learning EX, all main skills cooldown is reduced by 20%.
    • Piercing Spike can be used quickly by pressing Special Attack button after Poking Beehive.
    • Angelic Spear can be used quickly by pressing Special Attack button after Spear Hand.
    • When Flag Sign is used, all lingering and subsequent after-image slash will automatically fly toward Flag Sign and explode on contact.
    • When Arcane Focus is used, all lingering magic spear and after-image slash will fly toward the target.
    • Awakened Fling Fling damage is fixed at 10% without needing to be charged. Continue pressing Normal Attack button to spin in place.

P.S: I do not expect everyone to completely agree with me or my guild mates. Which is why, I would be more than willing to have open discussion to ensure mutual agreement. It is perfectly understandable to have some differences, but I do hope everyone here is civil enough to maintain their excellent attitude at all times.
    Last edited by NearLawlet; 04-12-2018, 03:10 AM.

Originally posted by NearLawlet View Post
    STING BREEZER
    (Problem: Complicated setup and preparatory movement before dealing damage, as well as less fluid gameplay compared to her counterpart)
    • Upon learning EX, all main skills cooldown is reduced by 20%.
    • Piercing Spike can be used quickly by pressing Special Attack button after Poking Beehive.
    • Angelic Spear can be used quickly by pressing Special Attack button after Spear Hand.
    • When Flag Sign is used, all lingering and subsequent after-image slash will automatically fly toward Flag Sign and explode on contact.
    • When Arcane Focus is used, all lingering magic spear and after-image slash will fly toward the target.
    • Awakened Fling Fling damage is fixed at 10% without needing to be charged. Continue pressing Normal Attack button to spin in place.

Thank you for these ideas, but preferably (in my opinion) I don't want any changes in Sting Breezer class
    since her Incomparable Skill Execution makes her different on other class.

Therefore, all I love to see for her is to have some -2s or -3s CD reduction on her main spear skills such as Piercing Spike, Spear Hand and Angelic Spear.
    Other stuffs are heard already by devs esp on giving us 'Flag Sign' skill for Spear recycling/redirection.

Another stuff to mention: CM2 Bubble consumption is very high, but it deals low damage.
    This bubble consumption should be lowered, since attaining it is kinda hard due to her long cd skills.
    Getting these bubbles only depends on how SB spam her Awakened Arcane Focus.

Lastly, thank you for mentioning a class that is on the brink of extinction due to her op counterpart.
    Last edited by Nimmienaticz; 04-10-2018, 01:08 AM. Reason: just adding some good ideas.
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      According to my Sting Breezer friend, Flag Sign is not enough since it is often bugged and does not work, which is the reason why I upgraded Arcane Focus to allow magic spear targeting as well.

Poking Beehive + Piercing Spike or Spear Hand + Angelic Spear combo is merely to ease your skill rotation, since personally I find it awkward to use those spear skills separately (not to mention their duration on the field is quite short...)

I assume you were referring to CM1 when you mentioned bubbles? Between reduced bubble consumption or increased damage, which one you would prefer?

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      Flag Sign isn't bug actually. The mechanics made Flag sign look bugged.
      Every time your screen flickers a plain black screen in mini second while casting Flag Sign,
      then the Flag Sign won't do anything, damages nothing and its effect is nothing but blank
      since it only captures and detects all Spears on every frame.

Hope every one sees this.
      All of these are because of Framing, every mechanic has a typical frame timing,
      just for example, at Volcano Nest, summoning of 3 stones tends to give us 1 flick of plain black screen,
      and all of the skill that are casting wont do any damage, same goes to spears on the ground that can't be dragged by Flag Sign.
      I don't pinpoint the invincibility of the boss, what I am pointing here is the flicker screen before the mech come
      because it cuts the span of the spears lied down on the ground and can't be exploded with any spear-detonating skills.

Hmm. for me I prefer reduced bubble consumption.
      since Spring Haze has a good cooldown.
      Last edited by Nimmienaticz; 04-10-2018, 04:10 AM. Reason: edited for explanation about framing.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, that happens to ray mechanics whenever they summon alfredo frontier, it really is a pain considering most RMs in daily quests just shows off their "satellite beam" when the stage is about to end, thinking that people would think "oh look! so high dps" but their gear is just a +20 neris, +10 tier 1 medea, like seriously? you could help the party by sweeping the mob with alfredo frontier's wide AOE abilities, don't waste it on to use your stupid satellite beam, its really absurd, you don't need to use that class to show off, noob!

anyway that's me talking to myself, the "freeze" tick whenever certain skills are cast or used maybe because of the bugged programming on their skill, i don't know if everyone experience this since majority has a mid-end computer, good specs, all requirements are met to run the game and not running it with the minimum requirement.

no offense to ray mechanic users who uses their RM's properly on daily quests and on nests, i just hate people who shows off thinking they are stronger than everybody else because everybody says that this class is stronger than the other... no, it really just depends on gear, even on volcano nest, you don't rush using alfredo frontier if you know your enemy is moving too much, considering most alfredo frontier's skills requires a few seconds to charge up and land the hits.

RIPPER
    (Problem: Low overall output when ash clone is not triggered, ash clones are vulnerable to summon wipe mechanic, Awakened Counterattack function and lack of AOE)
    • Shift Blow EX attack increase from 50% to 100%; Blade Runner EX attack increase from 30% to 50%; Izuna Drop EX attack increase from 30% to 50%.
    • Beast Swipe and Flame Drag cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds. Flame Drag backflip distance is reduced.
    • Awakened Counterattack's new effect - Whenever you successfully dodge an attack, Beast Swipe and Flame Drag are enhanced to deal 50% additional damage.
    • Awakened Burning Coal AOE is increased by 50%.
    i agree to the improvement of Shift Blow EX's attack power increase, it's one of the most flexible skill with low cooldown and used to deal decent dps to enemies in range, because the area of effect is too straight forward or the focus of hits is in a straight line of the direction it is pointed at, whenever a boss in nest moves out of the way, and the "Ash" procs, the ash clone won't have a chance to hit its target, it also applies to all the skills that procs Ash clones, also, the action speed of the Ash is unaffected by any modifiers like the skill heraldry for shift blow and artful chaser, each of those skills depend on the aim, and also the timing, and RIPPER depends mostly on spamming his skill by using "Crippling Punisher" his ultimate, to reduce all of his main ability's cooldown to 5, 10 for Beast Swipe.
    There should be a "Tracking" feature for the clones, so that whenever the boss move, they can aim while casting the ability, this way it will atleast help in a way.

The Counterattack awakening is quite troublesome for me, i am not so sure about how you activate it, i've read the description and from what i understand, it only works whenever you dodge at the right time when an enemy is about to strike, maybe it is better if there was a skill to activate and receive that buff, so that it is often used.

yes, this is a great change, needs more AoE since whenever casting it will require you to be in point blank range to hit the enemy with burning call

SAINT
    (Problem: Relics' vulnerability to summon wipe mechanic as well as issue with relics blocking the view/pathway and Shock of Relic EX graphical lag when there are many relics on the field)
    • Upon learning EX, relic pole is changed into a relic orb with circular AOE (similar to Antiphona Pool).
    • Shock of Relic EX is changed to strike only one time. Damage is increased by 200%.
    this is one of the most controversial issues about saint and their relics, i have also thought of it that they should change how Saint's skill work, but then again always many are being sensitive about the issue... "Saint wont be saint anymore without the relics!" "nu nu is saint unique coz of relics"

Maybe it is better if in PVE, the relics are invulnerable and can be "phased" through, so that players and other units they control (such as gear master and shooting star) won't really have an issue about it, but in PVP, it works the same as of the current features of relic, destroyed by few hits.

The orb would look cool, but how can you explain this "Relic Orb"

Shock of Relic should have a larger AoE, and yes the strike should be a single hit on each relic near the target, and not multiple times in order to deal full damage to enemies, because the interval strikes is slow enough to actually boss could avoid the few strikes the relic deals damage to.

for Saints to compensate for their low dps, maybe they should actually have a more increased SoR as you suggest, or maybe, SoR should be effective only when you place down lightning relic EX, and it only depends on that relic, without the requirements of having a lot of relics placed down in order to deal a large amount of damage.

Shock of Relic should have an increased damage on its base by 5000%, so let's say that the base damage of shock of relic for each relic is 200%, if there are 5 relics present, that's 1000% damage dealt, maybe it is better to give the skill the ability to deal damage without depending on how many relics there is, that's the most hassle part of the skill, spamming relics to deal damage, that's absurd in my opinion... because there's antiphona pool and Grand cross and other offensive skills to use, yet you are wasting those precious seconds to place down relics at the right place, my point is, just give Shock of Relic a massive increase of damage when casted, and let it depend on the placement of lightning relic in order to deal damage the instant you place the relic, removing the issue whenever a boss sway from left to right, or dodge to the back.

GUARDIAN
    (Problem: Divine Avatar cooldown)
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Divine Avatar cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds whenever Divine Ascencion, Divine Vengeance, Armor Break and Shield Charge is used.
    i agree to this changes for guardian, and for the future plans of a revamp for guardian and saint, this is a great boost and improvement for Guardian class in PVE, they will be more useful now and there won't be much of a discrimination going on for this class (because a lot disregard guardian as a good dps, and i agree to that since he is only good for tanking, using his high VIT to increase his PATK proportional to VIT is a good plan)

GLADIATOR
    (Problem: Finish Attack/Hyper Drive bubble requirement, Awakened Triple Slash and Hacking Stance EX channeling time, Side Dodge utility and Hyper Drive difficulty to deal full damage)
    • Physical Rising requirement is removed from Finish Attack EX and Hyper Drive.
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Gain 20% action speed buff when Physical Rising counter is maxed.
    • Hyper Drive is changed to deal only 1 hit per thrust. No change to total damage.
    • hmm... well i think this is great, i have an idea for both of them
    • this is too much, the +20% action speed + will power fragment + harmonize would give you 45% action speed, this is too fast and skill might be too erratic to use, i suggest lower it down to 10% atleast and add attack power of +1% per bubble, adding it to the increase in STR, this would be a great addition for Gladiators to increase their dps potential and may rank up to the high tier dps
    • yes, i agree to this
    • Hyper Drive and Finish Attack "will" use the bubbles when you hold down the left click button whenever you use heavy slash (same cm3 effect but removal of the increased in damage and let finish attack deal the regular damage with the added HP bonus damage proportional to the enemy's hp, but give it a faster casting speed and the additional attack is given on the finish attack cm3 and not on the finish attack EX or the regular finish attack) as for hyperdrive, whenever you use heavy slash, it can be activated to deal a single burst of damage in a straight line, leaving a trail of line drive slashes in the process in a straight path where the range of the hyper drive can reach, uses all the bubbles, cooldown time does not share with the regular hyper drive without the bubble consumption

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      I already mentioned this in my post, but relics are very vulnerable to summon wipe mechanic (e.g VN Phoenix Ring, GGN Frog Stomp, MN Flame Seed etc).

My proposed change was intended to remove the risk of such mechanic, since relic is changed from 'summon-object' to 'ground AOE' similar to Antiphona Pool.
      Last edited by NearLawlet; 04-11-2018, 08:07 AM.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      i see... the issue is that if somehow this is implemented, the effect on pvp would be disastrous, lightning relic is already a pain since it staggers its enemies at few intervals of shocks, cure relic as well knocks back your opponents, healing relic will continually heal the players controlling that unit or an ally of whoever owns that relic, but it could be changed for PVE only...

rather changing the appearance, maybe just suggest that it should be a "ground-AOE" spell casted instead of a "summon-object" object, in this way this will be the same effect as of antiphona pool as you said, and also for the healing relic, same object coding as healing shower.

sorry, you were pointing out to change the "relic pole" into "relic orb" so i really didn't get what you meant by your suggestion, i was thinking more of your suggesting that to change the appearance of the relic.

i can go for a "lightning orb" instead of a "lightning relic", the lightning orb travels down a straight path similar to Elestra's icy sphere, spewing electrical shocks same as of regular lightning relic's EX effect, and then the awakening as to where it will summon 3 small electrical orbs that spins around in a lateral orbit around the lightning orb.

but i still think that my suggestion is premature.. didn't had any good reason as to why i suggested it and what would be the effect in the game if it were to be implemented... not like its gonna be implemented... no one listens to shovels anymore... *sigh

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Just adding some late information on Awakened Counterattack (since it seems you still have yet to understand its mechanism).

Awakened Counterattack works very similarly with Block (Cleric skill), Parrying (Sword Master skill) and Izuna Drop squat stance. Meaning, you can nullify most type of attacks dealt to you, but you cannot avoid those with debuff effect.

So if you used one of those aforementioned skills against (for example) VN S1 Luga jump stomp, you will receive no damage but you will be affected by the slow debuff. Meanwhile, had you used i-frame in similar situation, you can avoid the damage AND slow debuff.

'Block' = Able to nullify damage, but vulnerable to debuff.

'I-frame' = Able to nullify both damage and debuff.

Awakened Counterattack is considered as a 'Block' skill. To activate this skill, you must get hit WHILE using Tumble, not BEFORE.

Note, however, that some attack can bypass both 'block' and 'i-frame'.
      Last edited by NearLawlet; 04-12-2018, 06:35 AM.

A few ideas for Tempest:
    • Reduce Binding Shot EX cone AOE and make it perma 3x or 5x hit on the way back.(prefer 5 ofc)
    • Additional for CM3 : Using Spirit Shot/Circle Shot gives a 5-10s Action Speed buff.(or something else, you decide)
    • INS Divine Rage condensed into a short iframe skill with 1 burst hit (similar to LF's Sunshine spark but smaller and only 1 tick). As it stands now, there's nothing "divine" about it.
    • Give Spiral Vortex innate +30%-50% cast speed to remove the need for the plate.
    • Change AC Hurricane Dance into a shorter cast time instead of longer, but keep the damage or increase it.
    • Change Kick Shot into 1 swift kick + 1-3 strong arrow hits. (It's Kick Shot, not Dash, Kick and Arrow Barrage) - Makes it usable for WW too - Eliminates the need to click Normal Atk button
    • Give Eagle Dive +30%-50% cast speed(the descent) so it's usable for Tempest or just remove the animation where the Archer does a backflip after landing- waste of time.
    • Reduce AC consumption for AC Punch Smash to 30 or Increase Damage.
    • Reduce AC consumption for AC Spiral Vortex to 15-20 AC.
    • Reduce AC consumption for AC Hurricane Dance to 15-20 AC.
    • Make INS Hurricane Uppercut have same mech as ML's nado. Once it hits a target, it stays there.
    • Make Midair Twin Shot shoot only once(only 2 hits) so actually using it in combination with DSK is worth (DSK-TS-DSK-Eagle Dive)
    • Make Rage of the Owl(CDMG party buff) more useful, make the buff capable of giving the party up to 310% CDMG so Archer remains relevant
    Edit:
    • Make AC Hurricane Dance leave a shadow that does the dance for you so you can cast other skills
    Last edited by Underwhelm; 04-11-2018, 05:19 AM. Reason: Edit: Another idea

Comment

• Underwhelm
      Underwhelm commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't mean any harm by that statement but Archer's buff is one of the least desired buffs in the game, don't you feel so as well?
      Especially now that CDMG is just THAT easy to get. Of course Rage of the Owl still has some relevance. It boosts CDMG by a flat 10%(without changing the CDMG amount, but hindered by the CDMG cap) but compared to Assassin, Lancea, Machina, Academic, Kali,Sorc, Warrior Buffs... Archer's buff does very little in the late game especially to STR/INT characters who can get 300% CDMG with just t1 calypse + genesis(some dont even need genesis w/ their stat boosts) and heraldries. Some parties even accept fillers for raids such as Assassin and Lancea because their buffs far outshine others.

I'm just looking for a bit of an incentive for archers to be sought after for parties as well(talking about late game of course). An equal geared Archer, Kali and Warrior, which 2 do you think would a party prefer to have given that they don't yet have any of those classes(Assuming they're all equally skilled in their own class)?

I don't have such a big problem with this though, they can keep it as it is.It brings diversity and with it, discrimination. Pubs have declined me for being an Archer, them stating "We need other buff, sorry" They also told me that they don't yet have an Archer. It's only an idea/suggestion. It's something we can expand upon for the future of the game. Caps exist, I know. Everyone does. But that doesn't mean they cant be changed.

I don't know why you're insulted by this, though. I'm a Tempest main and I have more difficulty maxing my CDMG than a Bowmaster.
      My spiritual excel only boost Agi, yours boosts Agi as well as Int. 50% boost of a stat is a big difference. I need it more than most classes, yet I can feel its inferiority compared to other buffs.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      i understand your point of view, as i am apologizing for what i have been blabbering about.

i do agree that they do need to work out something with the archer's rage of the owl buff...

if rather the wise of the owl is not needed for the archer if they are already maxed out with CDMG (especially the artillery class since they are INT based class) they should change the way the wise of the owl works, since i am thinking that snipers, and other agi based class would reach 300% CDMG in no time at all with all the accessories that could boost their CDMG easily, i am mostly thinking that it should add an increased critical damage dealt to enemies instead of increasing a flat 20% on the archer's CDMG, similar to how assassin's raid buff works.

• Underwhelm
      Underwhelm commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah,no need for apologies. Some people are bound to have different opinions.

As for Wise of the Owl, it's being changed into a passive in DN Korea.
      More reason for this change I'd say.

ARCH HERETIC
    (Problem: Main skills cooldown and Carnage repetitive spam)
    • Evil Hand and Savage Attack cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds.
    • Carnage cooldown is increased to 5 seconds and maximum CTC is reduced to 4. However, damage is increased by 100% and Nightmare Force acquisition is raised to 5 per hit.
    • Devastation bubble consumption is reduced to 20.
    • Saw Blade cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds.
    • Class Mastery 1's additional effect - Increase STR by 50% and recover 2 CTC of Carnage when Execute is used.
    • Class Mastery 2 attack power is increased from 10% to 20%.
    • Evil Stain skill is removed.
      - Doesn't this create a "dead air" for AH-similar to SS, no skills to cast after main burst? I personally think lowering the CD to 3 or increasing the CTC to 10 - while reducing the damage bonus to 50% and NM force to 3 would fare better.
      -I like the cd changes except for Savage Attack.10s is a little bit too much I think, 12s would be plenty.
      -I would also suggest a cd reduction for Land of Corruption: 25s->20s.
    ADEPT
    (Problem: Adept low overall output and bubble acquisition)
    • Upon learning EX, Magma Punch and Icy Punch cooldown can be stored one more time.
    • C2H5OH will now produce 5 bubbles when used. C2H5OH cooldown is reduced by 1 second per level.
    • Awakened Passive Elemental Mastery's additional effect - Reduce Magma Wall, Magma Wave and Ice Beam cooldown by 5 seconds.
      - Yes pls
    PHYSICIAN
    (Problem: Physician low overall output)
    • Mixed Infection cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds.
    • Mixed Infection EX and Poison Pool now leaves poison sludge that can be detonated with Poison Break to deal additional damage. Poison sludge explosion attack is 100% of Poison Break damage.
      -For MI I think 12-15s is plenty
      -Why not just reduce Disease's cooldown to 7s?
      -Just increase PBex extra hit damage to 150% PB's
      -bring back the Plaque effect on Poison Pool
    GEAR MASTER
    (Problem: Time to re-summon ducks after they've been destroyed and low burst damage potential)

*Awakened Mecha Duck's additional effect - Reduce Mecha Duck cooldown by 50%.
    - Yes Pls
    ED does ED anyway *shrugs*
    Last edited by aberkadaber; 04-11-2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Arch Heretic:
      1. On the contrary, increased damage + bubble acquisition (at the cost of reduced CTC + increased cooldown) would make his rotation a lot easier since you don't need to waste so much time collecting bubbles for Devastation. 4 CTC of Carnage is enough for 2 Devastation. I would rather have AH use other skills (especially Devastation) more frequently instead of relying solely on Carnage.

2. I'm perfectly fine with Savage Attack cooldown re-adjusted to 15 seconds, as long as Evil Hand debuff duration is increased to 20 seconds (to make it more sustainable).

3. Again, another reasonable change. But personally, instead of cooldown reduction, I would rather have its duration increased from 8 seconds to 15 seconds.

Physician:
      1. Acceptable, but only if they also reduce Disease cooldown to 8 seconds like what you suggested.

2, This could work.

3. Plague effect had long been moved to Disease EX.

• aberkadaber
      aberkadaber commented
      Editing a comment
      Or increase LoC's buff duration to 6s prev. 3 so in total it can last to 14s (prev.11)
      What I meant is Poison Pool should also benefit from the Disease ex's extra hit. Like those good ol' days but that damage buff looks too good anyway. I forgot it's on the ex, so sorry for the confusion.
      Last edited by aberkadaber; 04-11-2018, 10:35 PM.

Uh....you sure destroyer's rolling attack eats rage? Because I'm very certain Destroyer's version of rolling attk does not eat rage at all.

And we can keep 3 charges of rolling attacks as well. Destroyer main here.

The only rage eating skills we got are Howl charging, Maelstrom and Assault Crash. And its so easy to keep our rage count high.

If anything, how about making VIT for Destroyers a little more worth it eh. We're still tanks after all, nerf or not.

And the cooldown of the new howl charging is overkill, same goes to guardians.
    Last edited by sngweiwei; 04-11-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      I can only assume it was to reduce discrimination by gear, since ill-equipped Destroyer/Guardian can now provide similar amount of protection.

But isn't it better since you can focus on increasing your damage further without compromising your HC/GF durability?

• sngweiwei
      sngweiwei commented
      Editing a comment
      But that would make us Destroyers and Guardians throw-away subs isn't it?

Just get some random tank, he's no different than a geared tank, our DPS guys can cover everything else.

I appreciate ED for upping our damage. At least its something and 30% barrier HP on myself is kinda funny too, 30% of 15m HP lul.

But RIP to cheesing certain boss related content though. Just have to tell the party to be a bit more careful in the future.

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      True, but I can't deny that cheesing certain mechanics may reduce some fun out of the game.

Howl Charging and Guardian Force certainly need some improvement to make them more viable (e.g increase barrier durability to 50% HP or reduce cooldown to 60 seconds). But personally, I would prefer if they could make Provoke/Punishing Swing usable on all boss monster at 100% certainty without exception.

I miss the day when a Paladin would go off alone to draw SDN Rotating Breath away from the party and to himself.
      Last edited by NearLawlet; 04-12-2018, 12:47 AM.

GLADIATOR
    (Problem: Finish Attack/Hyper Drive bubble requirement, Awakened Triple Slash and Hacking Stance EX channeling time, Side Dodge utility and Hyper Drive difficulty to deal full damage)
    • Physical Rising requirement is removed from Finish Attack EX and Hyper Drive.

The first has some downsides, particularly in cooldown reduction mechanism. [Awakened] Brave does more than enough to make up for physical rising requirements. Line Drive's cooldown is essentially 7 seconds with this mechanism, but when Physical Rising requirement were to be removed from Finish Attack EX and Hyper Drive, Line Drive's cooldown becomes 13.5 seconds.

Class Mastery 1 - gain 20% action speed when Physical Rising counter is maxed, ooh I like that. Especially for [Awakened] Triple Slash *cough* 5x Slash

Side Dodge now gives invincibility effect. It is more of a bonus than a boost, since Gladiator already has many iframes.

Hyper Drive 1 hit per thrust/dash. That would be great, since the 3 lesser hits are somewhat impossible to do. I seem to be only able to do it whenever using Hyper Drive does not pass through bosses, particularly dragon size bosses or archbishop size.

What I would like to add is to remove Line Drive's wind blade stiffness, this is annoying to Gladiators as well as party members. Especially during stomp mechanics, bosses stop halfway. What the hell is up with that anyway? And of course, parrying's iframe bug.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Brave was changed to no longer hit anything with KDN February patch, so max bubble gain is 10.

But yes, I admit it's not really necessary to have the Physical Rising requirement reduced to 10. It would be nice to have, but it's not all that important. I'm fine with removing that one from my suggestion.

• LazyKahn
      LazyKahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Normal Brave hit was removed. But [Awakened] Brave from Gladiator's awakening still retained it. Since the additional 10 bubbles actually required to hit for it to proc.

Credits to VarunGoku for this one.

https://youtu.be/RLPdtyyYMDY?t=5m17s

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, thanks for the correction.
Working...
X