Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions regarding EYED's account security.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding EYED's account security.

Hello, and good day.

First and foremost, my account, Slippry, got scammed. Along with its subs, ThighHighs, Rextem, and Lazulify. So please do yourselves a favor and block these IGNs.

The hacking procedures were similar with the cases that I've seen here, a scam that involves him buying an item from you (an item that requires TW to trade), him asking for your email, logging in your email and "sending you EYED through PayPal", and "you buying the TW for him in order for you to get the item through TH".

Though, after the 'logins your email' part, your account (also my main account) is done for. I take full responsibility for what happened to me.

But, what makes me mad the most is that he can access the account he got from me. He can open it, and he can use the items and gears that I've grinded for for months, for his own intentions.

Here's the thing:

My email contained my character account (Slippry et al.), yes? And that character account was disconnected from my email, and was swapped with his email, making my character account accessible only through his email.

I still remember the time when I was trying to 'Forgot Password' my character account with the email that I used on it. Little did I know that it was completely useless, because my email at that point doesn't contain any character account at all. The character account that it used to have, have already been swapped and linked to the scammer's email.

'But wait Slippry, you already explained this to us!'

Yes, I did, and here's the surprise:

After I got after the whole 'scam' incident, I cannot, for the love of God, create a new character account under the email that formerly contained my old character account.

(I honestly think this is a sign from God that I need to stop playing this game—this, or bad programming. I kinda think it's due to the latter more, though.)

I have no idea why. It just says 'email is already in-use''. HOW CAN IT BE IN USE IF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTER ACCOUNT HAS ALREADY BEEN UNLINKED FROM IT ALREADY?

Ihave sent 2 tickets regarding about this topic and still haven't received any response from them. Why, EYED?

Also, minimal ideas. How are information so easily editable? Compared to CC's 6-digit 2nd password, it definitely is more secure. Not to mention the OTP where you needed a mobile number to register and modify information regarding your account. That makes it so easy to unlink your character account and be swapped to others. It doesn't even Why is the in-game 2nd password consisting of only 4-digit max? Why should it only be limited to 4 digits?

Well, that was my two cents. Like I said, I take full responsibility for what happened to me. I just hope this post gets to another player to avoid being another victim to this method.

Also, I hope this reaches EYED Support. It's quite ironic how a board dedicated to reporting abuse to EYED barely gets any response from EYED themselves.

With love,

Slippry.

Originally posted by nelznolz

Hello guys, I'm xSolnea (the Flurry who always afks at Storage/TH area of Ch12) and I second this post, as this is exactly also what happened to me. Except, it's a different modus by the hacker.

He pm'd me (he was on my gladiator's Friend List) while I was wasting time on PvP, asking me if I could be the last man for their team for an upcoming online pvp tournament. He asked for my iGN, Class, and for my Cellphone #. YES, MY CELLPHONE #. I shouldve suspected it at this point, but well, I didnt.
    After sending and e-mail to MPGLTOURNAMENT@gmail.com containing those three information, the email prompted me to input a GOOGLE VERIFICATION CODE that was sent to my phone. Unsuspecting, I inputted it, and voila! My account's gone.

I really hope that ED sees this.

Sincerely,

xSolnea

Darn. Sorry for your loss. I always had it as a habit to check whether or not a Lancea is a SB or Flurry in SH, and I always come across your AFK'd character.

Comment

Working...
    X