Guild Master suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Master suggestion

I propose for the position of the GM, we make a vote where voting can be done by all VGM? Because alot of today's GM are inactive, most of the only logged in once a month to prevent they "GM Title" from being taken over. So, to prevent the guild become inactive or "Dead/Sleep Guild" (most of the guild exist today) VGM can make a decision and votes to appoint a new GM for future guild purposes.

Originally posted by donX View Post
    I propose for the position of the GM, we make a vote where voting can be done by all VGM? Because alot of today's GM are inactive, most of the only logged in once a month to prevent they "GM Title" from being taken over. So, to prevent the guild become inactive or "Dead/Sleep Guild" (most of the guild exist today) VGM can make a decision and votes to appoint a new GM for future guild purposes.
    I think that's usurpation of authority or to put it severely, stealing. Lol. There's a reason why he is doing that and its possible that "your" GM is active in another guild, or he really has no time to play. But the fact that he is doing that means he still values "his" guild at your own expense together with the rest of your guild mates.

If you belong to a guild like that with a GM that's like that, I think the best way for you to do is leave the guild and find another. Your GM is not trustworthy and does not deserve your time and effort helping keep the guild alive.

Or better yet, if you are up to it, create your own guild.
    Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
    BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

I honestly don't agree with this, since VGM's are the players who are notable, trustworthy and can assigned by GM, so by means they MUST have a group chat [Option 1]; MUST have personal contact of GM (pointing about personal conversation with Guild GM) about guild's stabilization [Option 2]; or "dead/sleeping guild's GM" just appoint those VGM's for no reason (this is where the problem stops without solutions).

In my opinion, this is a bad idea. Politics or even stealing a guild isn't a good solution. That "dead/sleeping guild's GM" is at fault here, there is no other people to blame. This came from serious lack of communication or maybe a coincidence that this "dead/sleeping guild's GM" want hiatus status.

On other point of view, it is also the VGM(s)/Member(s) fault about staying in this kind of guild. They should have some questions that is hanging on their mind when we talk about an issue like this, like for example: "Why do you stay on a dead/sleeping guild?" / "What's the reason they made you stay on this guild for a long time after this GM gone hiatus?" / "I think I saw several things in the guild storage that attracts my attention, I better get it before somebody does." etc.

As we go on with this topic, I just wanna drop my opinions ~
      No hard feelings my fellow adventurer.
      Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

Our guild was in the same case before, 2015 to 1st half 2016 IIRC. The guild went totally dead. I was literally the only one online and other members left or became inactive, even VGMs. Note that I was only a member back then.
        After some time the GM or should I refer to as Founder went back active, I got promoted as VGM and now I was entrusted to handle the guild as the GM.

As a GM, for me that is, it is one of your duty to have the organization in your guild and have some sense of prestige and a sense of goal.

Fortunately, there are a lot of platforms to correct the previous mistake of nobody handling the guild for long periods of time. Our guild opted to have a Facebook group and various group chat depending on authority. Since we cannot avoid real life obligations, we inform each other if we would not be able to be active or online for periods of time. And if necessary, discuss if it is needed to appoint a temporary guild master.

The Facebook group and group chat is one helpful tool for us to communicate and share thoughts for the whole guild and personal gaming achievements as well. It bound the guild and its members.

Additionally, there is a difference between "This is not an active guild"/"This is a dead guild" to "This guild cannot provide what I was expecting". Like for example, a full-time PvP guild will never fulfill a PvE players needs. You can either choose to stay or leave and find a guild that suits your gaming interest. If opt to stay, the question would be, what is keeping you from leaving?

Hence, as a GM, I also do not agree with your proposition as what you are proposing would only yield to worst outcomes, in my humble opinion.
        Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

There may be misunderstanding with my suggestion. I mean, besides getting out of guild (or join another guild / creating a new guild) why do not we try to save it?

Comment

There may be misunderstanding with my suggestion. I mean, besides getting out of guild (or join another guild / creating a new guild) why do not we try to save it?
            All can be saved, but most of the time, it is hard to revive a guild from the dead. You need atleast 5-10 really-close-friends to revive a guild.
            Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

Hmm...The nicest and honorable way to do it is by asking the guild master to relinquish his post. Not by voting him out. Like I said, it is very obvious that the incumbent guild master has interests in maintaining the guild albeit at your own expense, otherwise he won't do the thing like you described. That is an unfair and selfish practice but that's how it goes in DN.

Why save it?
              Guild or guild name has sentimental value to you?

Afraid of losing the guild storage? Oh yeah that one! 150 free inventory slots! I can easily understand that - the coveted 150 slot guild storage. That in fact is one of the reasons why sub guilds are created by players using the same account. It is easy to imagine that your guild master created your guild for that purpose.

What else could be the reason why you'd like to save the guild?
              Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
              BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

Could you please provide some info about your guild, like why do you like to save it.
                Is it a high level guild? Is it a old known guild?

In order for us to somehow understand your concern on trying to save and revive the guild?

Originally posted by Nimmienaticz View Post

All can be saved, but most of the time, it is hard to revive a guild from the dead. You need atleast 5-10 really-close-friends to revive a guild.
                This might depend on the season and the status of the guild.
                Like for example, if it is a high level guild, you can opt to have "Free to Join" for the next patch as there will be many players who would likely make an RM.
                Tho, If it is a low level guild, then yes it might be difficult to revive it, but then again, the possibility is there.
                Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Working...
                X