Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't turn DN to a single player game

Hallo DN staffs,

in recent days i've just found out on the internet that DN is having its come back this September, and yeah i was super excited to hear that because DN was one of my favorite game and i had alot of good memories with it. However i still want to see DN grow stronger in the future instead of seeing the game dying.

Well i'm an old DN Sea player and quitted the game since lvl50-cap due to my busy works, i also made my return to the game in DN Europe at lvl90-cap around early 2017 and i was so dissapointed about the game and decided to quit the game once more. But what made me make my return? It's because DN is not just a game, it's a cool fantasy story itself. During my comeback in early 2017, i felt myself playing DN as a single player game, not an MMO like before, because people only busy grinding, the main story of the game doesnt make any sense anymore. For the newbies, starters and restarters they have to play the game all alone by themself because there was no people around and the players were so seperated. That means in DN except for late-game-phase like lvl90, there is actually like no "co-op feature", well DN was made to be an MMO, and we're here to play an MMO, not an offline single player game. Early to mid game people have no choice but to play alone, and grinding dungeons for leveling up over and over again, being rejected and looked down in late game for having poor gear, etc.. all of these stuffs already make the game less interesting.

I want the new DN be able to bind people together, otherwise the game would end up dying again. Well i'm sharing this not as a game developer, not as a teacher who tell you what to do, but as a customer who have tested many games. In my opinion, DN could see and follow one of the successful example is Final Fantasy XIV Online (FFXIV), players have to do main-story-quests to unlock future dungeons and raids, so that the story of the game still play a role and the game would not lose its fantasy-like. Furthermore, many contents of the game cant be ignored and that means many players who play it wont be ignored again, which can bind players together. For the high-level-players, FFXIV has a daily quest system which put them in match making queue for random lower level dungeons with random people, especially with lower-level-players, it means the high-level-players will be put in lower level dungeons with the lowbies and will have their equipment power reduced close to the dungeon level, so that the dungeon is still challenging to the whole party, by that way the high-level-players will get their rewards daily while be able to help the lonely lower-level-players completing their quests and tasks at the same time. Those two examples are very great ways that can be applied to DN to bind players together. DN needs to be more co-op.

I cant refuse DN to become a pay-to-win game, because DN is a free-to-play game and i know you also have to earn money as a company, but dont make the game become too pay-to-win. As long as the game is great, players will happily pay for it. But if you make the game too hard (means require alot of money from players or some imposible contents), or when you make the players become frustrated or dissapointed, don't expect them to pay you even just 1 cent. Don't earn money from people's sadness and disability, earn money from people's satisfaction.

I hope the new DN team would be able to make the game great again, and much greater than before.

Cheers, from Germany.
    Last edited by Landsknecht; 09-01-2017, 08:17 AM.

You do realize that what you wish is impossible and the outcome you expect is never going to happen.

Comment

Hi, I read your post and got interested in that game, since you described it pretty hearty. My question may sound weird in the context of the idea of cooperation but still... is it possible to pass quests and open dungeons in FF during solo gameplay or player must depend on other players to get he wants? I'd like to try that game but if it is for multiply play only....
      I love DN for allowing players to achieve almost everything just by their own. The idea you describe is great, especially higher-lower level balance (many wanted to see this in DN, it is so much fun!) but to lock single-player gameplay is not too good. There should be choice weather to play solo or in party.
      Currently DN gives several opportunities for players to play together: guild&dungeon points system, hardcore nests and raids., event nests where you have to be in full party to enter. I think developers already did a lot to improve multiply players gameplay so now it is for community how to play. I believe if people want to party they will cooperate and if they don't do so it is their choice.

Oh, there is that captcha verification with images choice instead of text. Idk which one is more annoying *thoughts aloud
      "Work hard if you want to live"
      — Argenta
      "Luckily you have me... We can go all dungeons if you want "
      — Comrade

Comment

• Arkhaez
        Arkhaez commented
        Editing a comment
        To answer your question regarding FFXIV, I don't think you can enter dungeons alone. And even if you can, I don't think they can be cleared solo as dungeon mechanics (or the game in general) is designed for team play.

• Velerlis
        Velerlis commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for info bout FF guys.

• Landsknecht
        Landsknecht commented
        Editing a comment
        oh sry Velerlis i've read your question too fast and misunderstood it, i thought u were asking bout DN :P Well thanks Arkhaez for answering it :P Yeah FF14 is a total MMORPG co-op game, playing FF14 u have to do Main-Story-Quests (MSQ) in order to unlock more contents and proceed in the gameplay. During the MSQ u will have to face different trials, some require solo, some require co-op with other players such as dungeons and raids during MSQ.

@Veleris: Well, DN does really always have the function that allow you to create party and run the dungeons with other players. And you still have the choice to run the dungeons all by your own alone, but what i'm saying as "single player in DN" here is that the game created no reason for the players to play together and to help each other in early to mid game, unless you have friends there. Every MMORPG has the function of party/group creation, it's the basic function, but the fact in DN is, that there is no one actually find it's necessary to be in group running dungeons with you unless they wanna grind something in late-game dungeons. Some players might like to do things on their own alone, but DN is an MMO, playing a game with many players around still better than playing in a dead game right? Beside it's not just about grinding and farming, DN needs to think more about player's gaming experience during their growing and leveling progress just like the main-story-quests(MSQ), currently the MSQ still a big waste and making no sense. Playing alone is totally easy, but playing in a group is very hard to find people nowadays, thats what I've experienced in DN Europe this year. People just focus more on farming and comparing power to each other than just having fun together. In Final Fantasy XIV Online, you will never feel alone even when you are playing alone, because the queue system always provide people to play with you. If many players become tired and give up the game during their progress, so who gonna team up with you in late-game contents?

And like what you said "I love DN for allowing players to achieve almost everything just by their own." is kinda wrong and right. It depends on how u define the word "everything", if you're just a game tester or just wanna stop at soft-core to average level gaming experience in DN, well in this case, the game really does allow you to get everything just by your own. Idk about how the new DN will be yet, but if you wanna get to harder and more late-game contents, you cant achieve everything just by your own, in this case your under-average gear will be the biggest problem, which will get you rejected in many raids and parties, and the fun ends there for you. And to solve that you have 2 choices: 1. is to farm your ass off until u get bored and give up to move to other games, 2. is to topup with cash and get powerful quickly.
      Last edited by Landsknecht; 09-01-2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• Landsknecht
        Landsknecht commented
        Editing a comment
        @GulaGe: Well.. some cool features from FF which i've mentioned have nothing to do with Free2Play or Pay2Play games actually, DN could adapt those somehow and gain success. Anyway thank you for the tips, i have already thought just like u mentioned. But what i'm talking on this topic is not about the point of view that serve my personal gaming experience, it's about the point of view for a successful game in common. Those solutions which u mentioned are not the game functions or how it's meant to be played, so when talking about "everyone", it's kinda hard and imposible with those methods. Cool games always have insane number of players, and when that game losing its players, the developers must be responsible instead of the customers, right? I'm writing this topic is somehow to hope that the developers could read and do some smart and effective changes to the game in the future, DN has pretty awesome gameplay but bad gaming experience outcome to majority of players, that explains why so many players have left the game and made the game die, we all can see that. Every comment i've made is not for my own gaming experience, it's for the hope of good general gaming experience in DN for everyone, and the only one who can change this game are the developers. My personal gaming experience will not tell me to play DN, i know many other RPGs which are more worth playing than this game, but the memories of me with DN brought me back here this time. Let's hope for a better DN for everyone in this comeback
        Last edited by Landsknecht; 09-01-2017, 07:58 AM.

• Velerlis
        Velerlis commented
        Editing a comment
        Landsknecht,
        >>>'he game created no reason for the players to play together'
        it makes me remember how many players since they reach 24lvl and move to SH shout for party for faster leveling. There is the weekly rewarding system - when players clear dungeon or nests together they earn points and when they full the scale they are rewarded with Hero box and smth else, which is pretty good I dare say.

>>>"there is no one actually find it's necessary to be in group running dungeons with you"
        Well, isn't it the choice of players? I know there are still many players who go dungeons in party (guild mates, friends, strangers with gears not good enough to clear map fast, RH service buyers, newcomers who don't know they can do run by their own w/o problems). What I want to say that there are already and still reasons for players to team up and have fun together.

>>>"unless they wanna grind something" & " it's not just about grinding and farming"
        *cough* isn't DN about it in the first place? *cough*

>>>"playing in a dead game right"
        Oh, I heard "DN is dying" and "R.I.P. DN" for thousands times but never heard about any funeral took place =)

>>>"the MSQ still a big waste and making no sense"
        I dare not agree, it gives a lot EXP and a nice alternative for players not to grind the same dungeons (in party! as usual) until they reach max level. Plus it is interesting (when you go it for 1st 2 or 3 times with different classes).

>>>"is very hard to find people nowadays"
        Find for what? Dungeon, nest, raid? Are not plenty blue&yellow birds about party creating? And I don't mention GTS or other gates on 1st channel.

Btw, it was already mentioned, since it is a huge problem for many players, players can not enjoy party runs because of different lags occur when they are in party. I never (as far I remember) experienced that but I heard about very high ping, screen freezing, frequent disconnection, client crush and so on. And in such case players can not team up no matter they want to do so.

Moreover, as you know players are from different time zones and with different schedules, some can play for all day and everyday and some can hardly login for an hour during weekends. Some are old players who just want to level up their new character and some... Well there are not so much newcomers in this game (and This is a problem) according to the forums and guild chat. And I believe that this easy leveling system is pretty nice for them, You know, when you join the game and there are over 90 levels to go...

>>>"than just having fun together."
        Again, it is more depend on community than game. Players can create permanent parties (if they find people with the same goals and free time tables) or do guild runs to clears nests, do raids, even daily quests if they want to. Another question that they can get bored with the content. But who doesn't get bored with any game since time flies.

>>>" because the queue system always provide people to play with you. "
        In DN PVP system is all about the same. And in PVE... playing with new random strangers everytime? Sometimes it is of course should be fun and pleasant, but in other x% cases. .. hm. Just wondering how chat in FF game looks like, there should be some strong filter not allowing players to abuse each other so they still can enjoy the game or the community is so polite so never act rude?

>>>"If many players become tired and give up the game during their progress, so who gonna team up with you in late-game contents?"
        The idea of tiring up... well not literary tiring, just finding friends, permanent party members with whom you clear maps and walk along the road of reaching one level cap over another is awesome, really great, sweet and hearty! And such connection does exist in DN.

>>>" is kinda wrong and right. It depends on how u define the word "everything"
        I personally don't chase anything in this game but relaxation . Those "almost everything" I charge on those incredible videos on youtube showing players clearing the latest hardcore nest in solo mode. Is not that awesome?! Of course there are raids where you can not go alone.

>>>"your under-average gear will be the biggest problem, which will get you rejected in many raids and parties"
        Not my case. But the rejection is quite fair, isn't it? Plus, it stimulates players to update their equipment for what they have to cooperate. So it is one more reason for players to team up and have fun together.

>>>"under-average gear will be the biggest problem"
        I dare not agree with this 'the biggest'. The biggest problem always was and it is now is general skills and the knowledge of nests mechanics. And of course wish to learn no matter failing over and over again, running with players with the same level of gears and luck of knowledge.

I'm truly sorry for such a long post and for sounding like arguing with you. I don't want any confrontation. Since it is a conversation I speak my mind and it is just different a little bit ^^'

It will be really nice to see more game improvements in the future but there are already several. So it is up to the players either to enjoy or ignore them. There are always should be something to improve or fix, because if there is already everything in the game it will mean the dead-end for sure.
        Last edited by Velerlis; 09-01-2017, 10:13 AM.

• GulaGe
        GulaGe commented
        Editing a comment
        Velerlis i so agree with the things you have pointed out.

Landsknecht well my comment is not only for you but for people like you. Different server, different service.
        THIS ": Well.. some cool features from FF which i've mentioned have nothing to do with Free2Play or Pay2Play " that you mentioned... ohhh trust me IT HAS SOMETHING to do with F2PLAY or P2PLAY let it be WOW or FF... i play WOW b4.
        "Cool games always have insane number of players" <<< first of all.. not all of the player own/rent a SUPER OK computers/internet speed,so consider this has something to do with the decline. not to mention the consistent DCing/crashing that these players can't solve themselves.
        Honestly only few people who only knows the game fully are the 1's playing this game and using the game's contents..
        You are still blinded by the real reason above all your complains my friend. If you want to see these INSANE # of DN so called player-ish log in when there is an event of giving out freebies. the only reason why people quit playing the game is because, they have no idea what the game is about(no1 can guide them ingame) or how they can become strong(wrong choice of guild or community) and it comes to the point where they will just quit(got bored eventually). DN is not dying(the world is not ending).. only the player dies/quits.

Lf>hdps only

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
        Nimmienaticz commented
        Editing a comment
        This is abbreviation freaking cancerous, i dunno why ever since this "H" become famous,
        whenever I gone into a party with "H-DPS", raid parties gone 50% fail.

Most of players that are accepting their chars as "H-DPS" without thorough knowledge
        of their class falls really quick and become our burdens [clients] on raid runs.

So if time goes by, I can assume that there will be abbreviations : [ff]
        • VHDPS = Very High DPS
        • VVHDPS = Very Very High DPS
        • SHDPS = Super High DPS
        • SVHDPS = Super Very High DPS
        • BHDPS - Beyond High DPS
        • ADPS = Abyssmal DPS
        • GDPS = Good DPS
        • VGDPS = Very Good DPS
        • etc. (help me add more abbreviation of this crap)

- FN : when you look how it means, its really disgusting.

• Vaddix
        Vaddix commented
        Editing a comment
        You forgot HDPS: horrible DPS

Cool post. The instancing definitely doesn't help with that, kinda miss the old MMO style of everything being wide open without instancing and no channels to switch to with lower population. Never played FF XIV but it sounds pretty good. Everything does kinda seem segregated in DN and the low populations of late don't help.

On that note grinding 1-93 does not take partying at all as it is so quick you can do it in a few hours with an event or max level exp bonuses. The main quest is loooong now lol but I like the story so I will continue to read it when 95 cap releases. Idk too much what changes 95 cap is making towards the points you mentioned though.

The nests and Dragon raids in DN pretty much require partying though, you can't even enter 8 man raids without 5 people in party so. I mean you can solo nests but the drops are nerfed solo so its unprofitable to do so usually, most players will just do it for kicks. Even daily dungeons drop rates get nerfed solo so this does encourage partying again.

On pay to win yeah ED is a company that definitely needs to make money to stay a float but some changes made were uncalled for such as making stats on racing/phantom costume critical for gearing. Idk how yall had it with cherry credits in the past but with nexon in NA the costume stats even for epic grade were pretty modest and were mostly for cosmetic purposes only. I hope ED cools it with such costumes in the future.

Comment

• GulaGe
        GulaGe commented
        Editing a comment
        well the best server of all in DN is japan and INA where they gave out much for there costumers.. but still they got something to complain about.. phew

• niks071047
        niks071047 commented
        Editing a comment
        For the instancing problem, i think DN did it to allow fluid action-packed gameplay with limitless combinations (24 slot skills) and still not crash servers because of the transmission and resource requirements that it needs. But you can see Dragon Nest 2 which features an open-field gameplay that every player only has up to 4 or 5 slots (cmiiw) of skills aside from tumble as to not have excessive transmission and resource requirements. Just think of SAO, unlimited skills on open fields haha playing it requires 32-core cpu and 1Gbps internet connection haha xD xD

Well, imho... i personally do not think that we really need to have companions/partymembers in leveling from level 1 to cap because it only takes three days to hit max cap from scratch and it makes it feel like it is just a 3-day tutorial for your new char and new class. True, it is fun to have companions in doing tutorials in games, but i think it is all the same because i still have fun playing tutorials even when i don't have party members.

Comment

People have been using the word "Dying" then adding it to the terms that Dragon Nest is actually ending its publishing that lasted over 6 years, i can't literally take into account that everybody uses that word so often and literal on everyday chat in the Dragon Nest world.

please explain which part of the game is dying? players quitting? its normal, Bugs? lots of it? ofc that is also normal, Events? Content changes/updates that sucks? Ofc that's normal, the game is still in its development, in order to keep people entertained, the author of the game and the publisher should work hard in order to keep adding new contents while not breaking the natural order or aspect of what the game offers players in return for having to buy their currency in order to support the game, maintenance and all the people who works to provide all the service.

Please do die first if you keep saying "DN is DYING" go suicide in a dungeon or nest for Altea's sake.

Comment

Working...
        X